Page Splits 1...<234
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Aurongroove
Lone Wolf
PSN: jfgtp
#61 “Quote” Edit Post
Just in case it's not been done else where, can anyone beat these for damage?

ss2, f2,n1, 1, 1, df+1+2,1+2 73 Damage

In Rage
ss2, f2,n1, 1, 1, df1+2,1+2 80 Damage
ss2, f2,n1, 1, f2,n1, RA 87 Damage

exchange f2,n1 with ff4,2, for 1 extra damage on all bigs.

Consistent on Bears, possible, but very difficult on rest of bigs:

ss2, f2,n1, ff+4,2, 1, df1+2,1+2 84 Damage

In Rage
ss2, f2,n1, ff+4,2, 1, df1+2,1+2 93 Damage

(ending with an unscaled RA is only 91, so unless you're on a pixel, it's not worth it.)

Last edited by Aurongroove on Apr 27th, 2018 at 20:00

Signature I'm hilarious!
SupraDoom
PSN: DooM-
#62 “Quote” Edit Post
So, this is going to need a bit of testing but should work in theory: If Shaheen does his stance (SNK or w/e its called) into the 1+2 grab, gigas should in theory get a 1,2 jab punish on BREAK unless shaheen holds down for a duck. His grab is -5 on break, and turning around is 6f making the total -11. Gigas has the range to reach him. I think D+2 would be basically a 50/50 if they do figure out the jab thing.

If anyone plays a Shaheen who uses this test it out!
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#63 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SupraDoom
So, this is going to need a bit of testing but should work in theory: If Shaheen does his stance (SNK or w/e its called) into the 1+2 grab, gigas should in theory get a 1,2 jab punish on BREAK unless shaheen holds down for a duck. His grab is -5 on break, and turning around is 6f making the total -11. Gigas has the range to reach him. I think D+2 would be basically a 50/50 if they do figure out the jab thing.

If anyone plays a Shaheen who uses this test it out!
I play Shaheen a bit myself and can't imagine that would work. haven't tested though so who knows...
Signature s3:
Aurongroove
Lone Wolf
#64 “Quote” Edit Post
I may have been covered elsewhere, but the nitty gritty of his strong Oki mixups after short df3,1+2,1+2 combos are as follows;

example
ff+1+2, df3,1+2,1+2...into mixup
CH df3,1+2, df3,1+2,1+2...into mixup

It also workes off of ANY launcher, e.g.,
d+2, df3,1+2,1+2...into mixup

The mixup is as follows;
The opponent MUST tech to avoid a reset from df2, delayable 1.

f,f+1+2, df+3,1+2,1+2, df2,(reset)1, df1+2,1+2 88 Damage.

CH df+3,1+2, df3,1+2,1+2, df2,(reset)1 df1+2,1+2 101 Damage.

d+2, df3,1+2,1+2, df2,(reset)1, df1+2,1+2 81 Damage.

The df2 is mashable and if you have reasonably good reflexes, you can hit confirm the 1.

df1+2,1=2 is the finisher but f,f+1+2,1+2 will reach for near-wall extensions, as will df3,1+2,1+2 for mid distance wall extention (tight run in though!).
Running 2 will Wall Break & Balcony Break
d3,2 will floor break (tight run-in)

If opponent techs;

f[4]~f connects with every type of tech roll and gives Goliath mixup (or if they attack, a 48 damage CH)

But this move also beats every type of "aggressive" get-up if they DIDN'T tech, for 40~48 damage, or to face Goliath on block. The only escape is staying grounded or side rolling (which df2,1 catches).

Long story short;

df2,1 is a hit-confirmable combo reset that must be teched, to avoid half-life+ damage.

but f[4]~f catches all types of tech (left, right, quick and back) and/or gives massive damage to any aggressive get up (toe kick, spring kick, get up kick), it also catches all "passive get ups" (stand up, or wake up roll) and whiffs only to staying grounded, or side rolling.

It's almost worth using this system off of every launcher for a couple of fights just to get a better feel of just how much advantage and damage Gigas has in this situation.

d+2, df3,1+2,1+2, df2,1, df1+2,1+2 is 81 Damage, and the only escape pushes you into dealing with a 40 damage, plus-frame-mid into Goliath.

This works on every hitbox EXCEPT DAMN BEARS!!
Infuriatingly, it works perfectly well off of most of his regular launchers (hop kick, d2, ff+3), just not the f,f+1+2!!
And to add to the insult, the generic combo of, df3,1 df3,1+2,1+2 whiffs as well!

#nerfKuma

Last edited by Aurongroove on May 1st, 2018 at 18:33

Signature I'm hilarious!
SupraDoom
#65 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Aurongroove
I may have been covered elsewhere, but the nitty gritty of his strong Oki mixups after short df3,1+2,1+2 combos are as follows;

example
ff+1+2, df3,1+2,1+2...into mixup
CH df3,1+2, df3,1+2,1+2...into mixup

It also workes off of ANY launcher, e.g.,
d+2, df3,1+2,1+2...into mixup

The mixup is as follows;
The opponent MUST tech to avoid a reset from df2, delayable 1.

f,f+1+2, df+3,1+2,1+2, df2,(reset)1, df1+2,1+2 88 Damage.

CH df+3,1+2, df3,1+2,1+2, df2,(reset)1 df1+2,1+2 101 Damage.

d+2, df3,1+2,1+2, df2,(reset)1, df1+2,1+2 81 Damage.

The df2 is mashable and if you have reasonably good reflexes, you can hit confirm the 1.

df1+2,1=2 is the finisher but f,f+1+2,1+2 will reach for near-wall extensions, as will df3,1+2,1+2 for mid distance wall extention (tight run in though!).
Running 2 will Wall Break & Balcony Break
d3,2 will floor break (tight run-in)

If opponent techs;

f[4]~f connects with every type of tech roll and gives Goliath mixup (or if they attack, a 48 damage CH)

But this move also beats every type of "aggressive" get-up if they DIDN'T tech, for 40~48 damage, or to face Goliath on block. The only escape is staying grounded or side rolling (which df2,1 catches).

Long story short;

df2,1 is a hit-confirmable combo reset that must be teched, to avoid half-life+ damage.

but f[4]~f catches all types of tech (left, right, quick and back) and/or gives massive damage to any aggressive get up (toe kick, spring kick, get up kick), it also catches all "passive get ups" (stand up, or wake up roll) and whiffs only to staying grounded, or side rolling.

It's almost worth using this system off of every launcher for a couple of fights just to get a better feel of just how much advantage and damage Gigas has in this situation.

d+2, df3,1+2,1+2, df2,1, df1+2,1+2 is 81 Damage, and the only escape pushes you into dealing with a 40 damage, plus-frame-mid into Goliath.

This works on every hitbox EXCEPT DAMN BEARS!!
Infuriatingly, it works perfectly well off of most of his regular launchers (hop kick, d2, ff+3), just not the f,f+1+2!!
And to add to the insult, the generic combo of, df3,1 df3,1+2,1+2 whiffs as well!

#nerfKuma

This has already been covered in my setup thread, and one other user expanded on it a bit more after I figured it out. http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=133027

Originally posted by sandilord
I play Shaheen a bit myself and can't imagine that would work. haven't tested though so who knows...

According to the numbers it will work. I've tested it in practice mode and it seemed to be true, but I'll post back when I get it off in matches.
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#66 “Quote” Edit Post
That would be really cool Supra. Punishing a throw escape with 31 dmg.
Signature s3:
poking starter
Champion
PSN: -
XBL: -
#67 “Quote” Edit Post
quick note 1# if gigas u/f3+4 hit back turn opponent (when he jump over opponent when they try to do
wake up3 or what ever) you can do BTd+1 into ws2,3

quick note 2# its good to practice punishing -13 move like heihachi d/f1,2 or bryan qcb3 with
crouch cancel 1,2 , its not that hard just tap U,n,1,2

punish claudio ss4 -11 low with crouch cancel 1,2 is also possible but not practical in real match though
Signature -
Aurongroove
Lone Wolf
#68 “Quote” Edit Post
It's a hammy strat, but if you're going to do something wrong, do it right;

In lieu of a 'falling leaf' type attack, if you're opponent is minus frames but still safe (say minus 9, like Noctus' warp blade ) Do db3, followed by FC3, (generic crouch 3). It nicks 28 damage in total, and leaves Gigas only -3 and in crouch, and at a range were most df1 and df4 whiff.

I've won quite a few rounds by doing this first (once) it's just one of these poke series that work the first time every time.
It's good for pissing people off who try to mindlessly block mid all day knowing Gigas has nothing threatening to retaliate with.

Anything that would beat the FC3, would have to be a low crushing attack (crouch jab trades). Therefore it's a nice way of making scrubs need to take risks and open up Gigas' mids as a mixup.
Signature I'm hilarious!
poking starter
Champion
Aurongroove
Lone Wolf
#70 “Quote” Edit Post
Surely I'm not the first Tekken player in the universe to discover that ff+1+2, df2,1 easily connects on bears?!

Bear Combos
Signature I'm hilarious!
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#71 “Quote” Edit Post
Nope you're not
We've known about it for quite some time. I posted it in the character specific thread early October.
Signature s3:
Aurongroove
Lone Wolf
#72 “Quote” Edit Post
I wish I didn't miss that.
Signature I'm hilarious!
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#73 “Quote” Edit Post
Lol
Signature s3:
poking starter
Champion
#74 “Quote” Edit Post
CH f2 , ff4,2 f2,f1 S!

The f2,f1 part surprisingly connect on males,big character...
Signature -
SupraDoom
#75 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SupraDoom
This has already been covered in my setup thread, and one other user expanded on it a bit more after I figured it out. http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=133027

According to the numbers it will work. I've tested it in practice mode and it seemed to be true, but I'll post back when I get it off in matches.

https://gfycat.com/JollyFakeEwe
SupraDoom
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#77 “Quote” Edit Post
Supra, you bring some awesome shit man.
Is the Shaheen escape punish always guaranteed? And doesn't that apply for every takedown move then? Like drag, miguel, etc?
Signature s3:
Aurongroove
Lone Wolf
#78 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by poking starter
CH f2 , ff4,2 f2,f1 S!

The f2,f1 part surprisingly connect on males,big character...

I was checking a few more characters with this.

A Combo this powerful would be worth making a checklist. It seems less reliable when the f2 is at close range.

It whiffs:

Akuma
Ling
Lei
Lucky Chloe
Kuma/Panda*

It connects:
Kaz
Heihatchi
Katarina
Jack 7 (but whiffs close range, strangely)

So far.
Signature I'm hilarious!
Aurongroove
Lone Wolf
#79 “Quote” Edit Post
Bears:

CH f2, f2,n1, ff4,2, 1, df1+2,1+2 83 Damage

CH f2, f2,n1, ff4,2, df2,1, fff2 78 Damage (potential for wall to make other enders possible)

CH f2, f2,n1, ff4,2, df2,1, RA 98 Damage!!

CH f+2, bears Combo

Last edited by Aurongroove on Nov 19th, 2018 at 20:32

Signature I'm hilarious!
Aurongroove
Lone Wolf
#80 “Quote” Edit Post
Season two combo maximizations;

ss2, ff4,2, 2, 1, df1+2, 1+2 76 Damage. Against Ling, the timing of the 1 is striiiict.

for wall;
ss2, ff4,2, df3,1+2,1+2

adapt with df3,1 or df2,1 for closer walls
Signature I'm hilarious!