SSfox
Foxstepman
#141 “Quote” Edit Post
Pretty neat the Rest dude
enko
Lone Wolf
#142 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah. Rest's Hwoarang is sick.

JDCR playing kazumi for the first time(grand finals). JDCR never used a female character before at tournaments. Kazumi blends well with jdcr's defense and movements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qn2qadtOwY
SSfox
Foxstepman
#143 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah quite surprising indeed to see JDCR using Kazumi, pretty good with the character also.

So we're getting close to the FInals, but there's still quite few Masters and Dojos, here's what's left for this year TWT:

Green = Master Event , Blue = Challenger Event

BERLIN TEKKEN CLASH(Berlin, Germany)

19/10/2019 - 20/10/2019

TOKYO MASTERS (Tokyo, Japan)

26/10/2019 - 27/10/2019

TXT (Argentina)
02/11/2019 - 02/11/2019

ROXNROLL DUBAI (DUBAI)

08/11/2019 - 09/11/2019

DREAMHACK ATLANTA (Atlanta, GA, USA)

15/11/2019 - 17/11/2019

TEKKEN WORLD TOUR FINALS (Bangkok, Thailand)

07/12/2019 - 08/12/2019

Last edited by SSfox on Oct 23rd, 2019 at 09:57

enko
Lone Wolf
#144 “Quote” Edit Post
TOKYO MASTERS (Tokyo, Japan) is stacked. Jimmy j,book, doujin,ak, awais honey,atif butt, top players from japan and korea will be there.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#145 “Quote” Edit Post
They really need to patch the game and make it so if someone will pick a costume the other player can't pick that same costume, at least before TWT finals.
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#146 “Quote” Edit Post
Akuma vs Akuma for grand finals. Many of these pakis seem to favour Akuma.

Is TWT finals this year gonna be an Akuma-fest like the Bob-fest EVO during the T6 days?
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] for T7!
SSfox
Foxstepman
#147 “Quote” Edit Post
Wow i though maybe both Pak players will reach Top 8 (or at least top 16), and it's like.... They're just top 2, damn if this isn't another hint that Pakistan is really the best in Tekken right now.

Gonna be honest i was a bit dizzy beause of the Akuma mirror, but still find their style quite interesting.

Also seems Cheese even with the S3 nerfs still has some insane combo damage (75% of life bar combo in infinite stage, like for real? LOL)
wrazor
Champion
#148 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SSfox
They're just top 2, damn if this isn't another hint that Pakistan is really the best in Tekken right now.

Infact, Butt picked up akuma in season 3 it seems. He is a jin player. They also got a howarang and lei player who are really good. We are seeing a potential top 4 players in the world from pakistan right now. This is korea level domination and out of nowhere. Akuma seems broken when they play but he seems top tier in super akuma. Dont know if akuma is broken and hence they all chose akuma.

South america also seem to have some hidden players. The koreans got a bit laxed and just when money is about to flow in tekken, bam. Korea loses its crown. I think LowHigh is the current best and in form korean right now. And even he got brushed past like nothing. Unless, the koreans copy the pakistani meta, i dont think they gonna get back to top.

BTW 10 thumbs up for the new practice mode. Wow. Just wow.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#149 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by wrazor
Infact, Butt picked up akuma in season 3 it seems. He is a jin player. They also got a howarang and lei player who are really good. We are seeing a potential top 4 players in the world from pakistan right now. This is korea level domination and out of nowhere. Akuma seems broken when they play but he seems top tier in super akuma. Dont know if akuma is broken and hence they all chose akuma.

South america also seem to have some hidden players. The koreans got a bit laxed and just when money is about to flow in tekken, bam. Korea loses its crown. I think LowHigh is the current best and in form korean right now. And even he got brushed past like nothing. Unless, the koreans copy the pakistani meta, i dont think they gonna get back to top.

BTW 10 thumbs up for the new practice mode. Wow. Just wow.

Imo Knee is the best Korean player right now, and potentially 2nd best in the world (after Arslan). Lowhigh did amazing recently but in all those tournaments Knee wasn't there, and when they met before Knee was most of the time the winner.

Yeah i heard about Atif being a Jin main before. And as you said Akuma seems like broken/unfair in the Pakistani hands, but season 3 is still too new so hard to tell if he's really that broken, and Paks are only guys that make him looks that strong thus far. (Super is very good too but not at this level tho)

EDIT: Welp, funnily enough, none Akuma players made it in finals in latests Pak tournaments, so:

https://twitter.com/invincibleowais...438357954760711
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#150 “Quote” Edit Post
Two pakistan players only at the tournament. Two pakistani players in the grand final. urgh
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

enko
Lone Wolf
#151 “Quote” Edit Post
he might not be the 2017 jdcr, but i think jdcr has a good chance against these pakistani akuma users as jdcr is good against akuma and did well against awais and atif at their casual matches.

https://www.twitch.tv/kurokuro9696japan/videos

Last edited by enko on Oct 28th, 2019 at 08:06

wrazor
Champion
#152 “Quote” Edit Post
The link is asking me for 5$ to even view the videos?
Chinky-Eye
Iron Fist God
#153 “Quote” Edit Post
A low, high crushing poke should not lead to a 70% combo in any game. Meter or not. Clean hit or not.
wrazor
Champion
#154 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Chinky-Eye
A low, high crushing poke should not lead to a 70% combo in any game. Meter or not. Clean hit or not.

Agreed. As said, its early season 3. Let's see. I definitely dont want a bob fest like t6.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#155 “Quote” Edit Post
Problem is like in the beginning. First the meter, which messes up everything. Second, and in the case of Akuma specially the damn 2D jumping, which is completely off tekken regardless jabs are now better anti-air.

They really mopped the floor with the competition though. Amazing players.
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

enko
Lone Wolf
#156 “Quote” Edit Post
i think the japanese, koreans and the tekken world in general are just overwhelmed by these high level akuma from pakistan they have never seen before. in due time they will do better against these pakistani akuma users once they get the hang of it. arslan with zafina 14-0 awais. caiper and rickstah with akuma has not yet won a tournament with them.

Translated. Sodam's Thoughts on Korean Tekken and Tokyo Tekken Masters.

https://pastebin.com/FbsNQK7S
SSfox
Foxstepman
#157 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by enko
arslan with zafina 14-0 awais.

Didn't heard about that, pretty insane if Awais used Akuma, and even if not i guess it's still something, quite interesting.
enko
Lone Wolf
#158 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SSfox
Didn't heard about that, pretty insane if Awais used Akuma, and even if not i guess it's still something, quite interesting.

i stand corrected, it is 13-0.

awais use other characters aside from akuma.

match link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAv...eature=youtu.be
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#159 “Quote” Edit Post
Most of these pakistanis seem to come from a 2d fighter background, and probably find it easier to play akuma, geese than any tekken characters. Awais has supposedly only been playing tekken for a year or something now, while arslan has been around for much longer. No wonder Awais gets his ass handed to him, especially when facing a gimmicky new-to-T7 character like Zafina.

I wonder how many of these guys would even be competing at the top levels if T7 didn't have 2d characters.
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] for T7!
enko
Lone Wolf
#160 “Quote” Edit Post
awais did beat nobi's steve with negan 2-1 in a casual match. i think without akuma and geese, arslan and heera malik are the sure thing to compete at top level(and maybe add awais). with the rest, i don't know.