Tekken 7 FR: Random Rants, Chits, and Chats VOL VI

Page Splits 1...<35363738>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
SSfox
Foxstepman
#721 “Quote” Edit Post
I was waiting when's someone is gonna make that joke https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1183709278982553600
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#722 “Quote” Edit Post
Just when is Leroy "Ip Dawg" Smith gonna come out?
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] for T7!
SSfox
Foxstepman
#723 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dodecadozen
Just when is Leroy "Ip Dawg" Smith gonna come out?

Posted this already on new thread https://twitter.com/mykeryu/status/1182277246234415104

Maybe news infos about him will drop there.
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#724 “Quote” Edit Post
So, I guess they're gonna make an announcement on 27th. If they do announce something there at Tokyo Masters, I guess we should be seeing the Leroy update along with the practice mode and replay updates sometime in the first week of November.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#725 “Quote” Edit Post
I personally though no news until TWT finals (if we follow how it was done for Season 2), but seems news may be coming earlier this time around.
Chinky-Eye
Iron Fist God
#726 “Quote” Edit Post
Guessing Leroy will basically be a reskinned Wang. Not a bad thing though...this game needs some waning moon and b1 parry.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#727 “Quote” Edit Post
^I don't think so, i'm sure he will likely be fully new charracter as much as Raven and Feng (to just name those) in their time.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#728 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Chinky-Eye
Guessing Leroy will basically be a reskinned Wang.
Doesn't look like that to be honest. He may inherit some particular moves of Wang, but just that.

Bruce introduction in just four days folks (along with the release of Leroy). The moment has come at last hell yes
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#729 “Quote” Edit Post
There's no way they're gonna reveal Bruce or any unannounced character at tokyo masters. At best, we'll get gameplay trailer of Leroy "Ip-Dogg" Smith and the practice mode and replay features. If we're lucky, we just may get a first look at the new feature.

They'll save announcing the other characters for TWT finals in December. That's when they announced AKing and Marduk last year.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#730 “Quote” Edit Post
I wonder if they'll do the tomorrow thing with Leroy during Tokyo Masters, for me it's seems a bit early, but who knows.
Xil_Jam333
Fujin
PSN: tekken_08642
#731 “Quote” Edit Post
New feature revealed... Frame Data Display https://twitter.com/markman23/statu...5723525120?s=21

I mean, I'm glad that the game finally displays frame data but... this is too underwhelming as a paid new feature DLC. In fact, content like this should have been in the base game.

Yes, this is the new paid feature, because it says there DLC 13. Definitely not one of the free updates.
Signature Pussies snake edge in 3 bars
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#732 “Quote” Edit Post
So... it looks like frame data display is the new feature. And here we were, hoping for team battle, tekken force, jukebox and whatnot. Who gives a shit about paying for frame data when we already have so many resources online for it, and also a mod doing the same thing for free on PC.

And no Leroy "Ip Bro" Smith trailer. This just sucks.

I'm kind of excited for the replay mode though. Seems a lot better than in earlier games.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#733 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm suspecting Leroy + another character + the practice mode and Frame data feature will all drop the day after TWT
SSfox
Foxstepman
#734 “Quote” Edit Post
About the Frame data being paid DLC i don't have issue with it, it's not something i wanted personally but i guess it may have been complex to implement, i mean it's Tekken with so many moves and all, and they say it cost like 3 or 4 bucks, also they're adding a lot of free features.

But as i said it's not something that i really care about that much, i'm more a player with the feeling than frame data so. I was more on a Tekken Forces mode side if you ask, maybe in Tekken 8 who knows.

Also https://twitter.com/AvoidThePuddle/...509719188557825
SSfox
Foxstepman
#735 “Quote” Edit Post
And with that new sample combos option maybe i'll give a shot to the characters i didn't want to learn like Scrubfacekuma (copyright Fernandito), Cheese and Eliza LOL

PS: Oops sorry for triple post.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#736 “Quote” Edit Post
Season 3 definitely feels like rolling back to tekken tag 2 days, if season2 didn't feel like that already. Everybody with wall carry stuff now; hitboxes when combos crazier than ever; big damage..

I still remember Murray saying they wanted tekken7 to ease on the combo stuff. Oh well

dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#737 “Quote” Edit Post
https://twitter.com/DOATEC_OFFICIAL...383925984043009

People have been taking turns shitting on Namco for the frame data DLC thing. DOA taking a dig at Tekken as if Team ninja are angels. But I suppose you can't fault them in this context.

Seems like there's a controversy every season in T7. Season1 was the abysmal DLCs (except characters). S2 was the paying for legacy characters deal. Now, it's the frame data fiasco.

What does everyone here think about paying for frame data? Personally, I don't care enough about frame data to pay for it. And objectively, at this point, we have a thousand sources of frame data online. The DLC is just a matter of ease of access and quality of life. So, no harm done I guess.

But what worries me is that it seems like team tekken has been pushing fans each year to see what new trickery they can get away with, and fans have been taking things lying down mostly. Sucks to have to follow along like sheep. Tyranny of the masses and shit.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#738 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dodecadozen
https://twitter.com/DOATEC_OFFICIAL...383925984043009

People have been taking turns shitting on Namco for the frame data DLC thing. DOA taking a dig at Tekken as if Team ninja are angels. But I suppose you can't fault them in this context.

Seems like there's a controversy every season in T7. Season1 was the abysmal DLCs (except characters). S2 was the paying for legacy characters deal. Now, it's the frame data fiasco.

What does everyone here think about paying for frame data? Personally, I don't care enough about frame data to pay for it. And objectively, at this point, we have a thousand sources of frame data online. The DLC is just a matter of ease of access and quality of life. So, no harm done I guess.

But what worries me is that it seems like team tekken has been pushing fans each year to see what new trickery they can get away with, and fans have been taking things lying down mostly. Sucks to have to follow along like sheep. Tyranny of the masses and shit.

They said they made it paid because it took them a lot of resources, also they put all this free content, considering the movelist of each character and how many characters are in the game, let's be fair it's not comparable to some KI or even DOA stuff, i mean for Season 1 was pure trashcan (and i'm using pretty kind words here), but can't blame them.

Another thing is that if you buy season pass you'll get it anyway, and someone who want that frame data thing must be someone who spend a lot of time with the game, so paying 4 bucks for this thing i don't see how it's a big deal for those people.

And about DOA, aren't they who made 90$ season pass that has 2 or 3 characters, yeah.

Tho i do really appreciate Core fighter version, it's free and i bough Chrisite so it's literally like the game cost me 4 bucks as a whole LOL

I play a lot of fighting games, frame data is in some games but then what? DOA is bikini fieasta garbage at this point with its 90$ season passes. I play MK11 it has it but the movelist isn't comparable and season pass, and MK11 season pass is 40$ not 25 or 30 like Tekken's.

And VF5FS (and i truly love this game) yes it has and yes it's a game that has big movelist quite comparable to Tekken's (tho less characters but anyway), but this gameis pretty much just the most basique arcade port you could ever had, no story mode, no "somekind of" single player mode or something.

That's the problem of people nowaday, they don't see the whole picture, instead they just focus on one thing without considering other things, and tbh a lot of those people that bashing this are a bit too ignorant about a lot of facts.

Maybe Namco should have made something else that's free paid to switch it w framedate to make it free? Hummm... but even in that case there will be people(maybe even the same people) that will complain, so.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#739 “Quote” Edit Post
I can't believe people is gonna pay for frame data stuff. Each to his own wallet, but the very few that is paying for it may affect monetary policy that devs will apply onto next instalment.

I for instance have purchased only Marduk and Armor King, and still feel the embarrassment within. Will buy Bruce and if Ganryu comes, him as well then. But never paid for bowling, stages, customes and now frame data. Now that's embarrassing and in the end is a forum of support the service tekken7 has been as a game from the beginning.

Let's hope t7 is the first and lasts ervice game in the series, but if the people continue to support this shit, then of course it will not. Having to pay for legacy characters is lame to say the last, let alone for bowling modes and stages and customs.

SSfox
Foxstepman
#740 “Quote” Edit Post
It's a part of the season pass, so for those who's gonna purshase season pass (basically most Tekken players) will get it anyway.