Page Splits 1...<212223
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
gettingfood
Raijin
PSN: Gettingfood
#441 “Quote” Edit Post
But that will likely change in t7 it looks like. With more floor breaks, that move if let unchanged otherwise, is gonna separate her from a lot of the cast.

Also jack is pretty good at punishing pushback moves I'm pretty sure.
Lukmendes
Tier Whore
#442 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by gettingfood
But that will likely change in t7 it looks like. With more floor breaks, that move if let unchanged otherwise, is gonna separate her from a lot of the cast.

Yeah, if she gets the floor break bound, then she'll be able to use combos into tailspin, nasty stuff.

Also jack is pretty good at punishing pushback moves I'm pretty sure.

Yeah he is, f+2 is great at punishing -10f moves, even moves with pushback like Capo d/f+2 or Hwoarang's JFSR, his d/f+2 has excellent range, can even punish stuff like Heihachi's f,f+2 (not always, a lit bit further pushback and it'll whiff), and he also has b+3,2 (For situations where d/f+2 won't reach) also f,f+1+2, maybe he has other stuff, but that's what I remember he has.

Last edited by Lukmendes on Oct 14th, 2014 at 19:17

Signature I'll change this signature when I get bored of it (started on december 14th, 2013)
Lukmendes
Tier Whore
#443 “Quote” Edit Post
double post.
Signature I'll change this signature when I get bored of it (started on december 14th, 2013)
Trumpet
Kyu
#444 “Quote” Edit Post
Who should I pick up if I want a big damage team? Trying to learn some basics of more characters before T7 drops. I've played Steve / Anna (my mains), Lars / Asuka, and recently lili / leo. Looking at maybe Jack? Bruce? Scared of trying nina or the mishimas bc everyone talks about them being hard D:
-Da Stunna-
Berserker
PSN: DaStunna_v2
#445 “Quote” Edit Post
Any team that's not Jin/Ling does good damage.

Originally posted by Lukmendes
Yeah, if she gets the floor break bound, then she'll be able to use combos into tailspin, nasty stuff.

Yeah he is, f+2 is great at punishing -10f moves, even moves with pushback like Capo d/f+2 or Hwoarang's JFSR, his d/f+2 has excellent range, can even punish stuff like Heihachi's f,f+2 (not always, a lit bit further pushback and it'll whiff), and he also has b+3,2 (For situations where d/f+2 won't reach) also f,f+1+2, maybe he has other stuff, but that's what I remember he has.

Jack f+2 is i11, not i10
MacNuzz
Banned By Mod
#446 “Quote” Edit Post
Jack's f2 is i10, his 2,1 is i11 however.
Signature Ideal tier list for Tekken 7 Fated Retribution Top tier: Rucky Chroe, Claudio, Lars
                                      Bottom tier: Everyone else
Originally posted by Miss Rochefort:
if i had to pick one, it would be Steve
i want his c0ck inside me XDD!
oshtechx
Sage
PSN: oshtech
#447 “Quote” Edit Post
CrouchJabPanic
Old Post Posted: Oct 9th, 2012 02:15 #1 “Quote” Edit Post
Struggling with the choice of your character?
You dont have any idea on how you should play?
Look no further, take a look at this thread to see at very basic level how each character fights.
This thread is an overview to help newcomers, if you know the basics of your characters or you have exhausted the knowledge of this thread, look in character strategies in the forum.

Feel free to correct me if im mistaken (im FAR from being pro at this game) and post yours and I will be adding the information.

-Changelog-
1.0 First post completed.
2.0 Second post completed.
3.0 Alphabetical order.
4.0 Pros and cons of every character.
5.0 Reasons of the partners.
6.0 DLC characters.
7.0 Explanation of the styles.

Thanks to: azL, Kilvoctu, Budding Fighter, green)Lei, g-clef_cannon, Jason4579, Keeper of the CRANE, Mr Adam0, lilleboff, Baraka, DEATH ,shauno, Bilal, aviax, AZYG4LYFE, leonized, Mingriah,ConCeal12, Tofma, NoodleHead, Taokaka Meow, mylvis, MMT, IRON LOBSTER, Brennan, lizanias for their contributions.

Use this guide to know every word you don't understand of the post.
- Terminology: http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/TZ_Jargon

@crouchjabpanic
hey man thanks for everything you posted for Tekken Tag 2 under which character to play. I mained yoshimitsu and this helped me a lot in character choice as partner. I used feng /jinpachi as 2nd chararcters in tt2 with yoshi. a nice very extensive detail you gave on each character's strengths weaknesses and style.very helpful. Thumbs up man.please do one for tekken 7 when it is released.thanks.

Last edited by oshtechx on May 31st, 2015 at 20:19

Seppo87
3rd Dan
PSN: Seppo_87_
#448 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm looking for a character with the following features:

-standard playstyle that works best when played by the book (move, block, punish effectively)
-lack of abuse potential at low levels: no crushfest, no weird tricks, no spammable frame traps mixups and low launchers
-no special defense options (reversals, parries, or an especially good panic button)
-decent cover of all standard aspects (movement, punishment, whiffpunish, poking, tracking moves, general damage, range) but WITHOUT excelling in any of these compared with the average

Basically a character that is average at everything, excels at nothing, and lacks abuse potential at low to mid levels.
IF something like that exists.
oshtechx
Sage
#449 “Quote” Edit Post
Seppo87

I'm looking for a character with the following features:

-standard playstyle that works best when played by the book (move, block, punish effectively)
-lack of abuse potential at low levels: no crushfest, no weird tricks, no spammable frame traps mixups and low launchers
-no special defense options (reversals, parries, or an especially good panic button)
-decent cover of all standard aspects (movement, punishment, whiffpunish, poking, tracking moves, general damage, range) but WITHOUT excelling in any of these compared with the average

Basically a character that is average at everything, excels at nothing, and lacks abuse potential at low to mid levels.
IF something like that exists.

@seppo87

That would be kazuya or Jin or armour king.
AltNes
Fujin
PSN: alt8765309
#450 “Quote” Edit Post
Well initially off the top of my head I would say Kazuya, Jin, Devil Jin, Dragunov maybe Armor King. Jin, AK, DJ and Drag have parries and reversals though. AK has giant swing and tombstone. Devil Jin and Jin might fall into abusable low, depending on your definition. (DJ d/b+2 and Jin d/b+4) Jin and Drag have important frame traps but no pure 50/50 launch mixups. DJ has a fantastic panic button, so no there. But then the excel at nothing and average at everything pops up. Out of that list Jin would fit the best, then Drag and AK if you ignored his grabs for some reason. Its hard to get that on a character and not excel at something at least.

Now looking at the full roster. I'd definitly say Lee. He fits all of those catagories except he has a kind of whatever punch parry with b+1+2. He has a clone too, but he might not be in T7.

So I'd say Lee, Jin, Drag, Kazuya, in that order. Lee is quite average, fits those catagories and all that.
Signature Wanna play
CoUGH B
Kyu
#451 “Quote” Edit Post
Great post, definitely worth the read. Thank you. I find the fact that multiple stance characters are usually considered "advanced" curious. I have the feeling the challenge of mastering stances isn't as hard nor deep as it's made out to be. Then again, it's all relative, I'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

I'm going to stick with Jin for a while, not only is there a story behind why I use him, he's always described as a flexible, rewarding tool.
Signature https://www.youtube.com/user/1CoUGHB
oshtechx
Sage
#452 “Quote” Edit Post
I use yoshi and like the multiple stances. He has 9 in all. I played soul calibur then transitioned into tekken . I would not play it now if not for that character being in 2 different series. I learned tekken thrlugh yoshi and mastered him. You have a point ..they donot need multiple stances to have a good character. Jin doesnot have as many stances but is very strong. Tekken is a strategy game. We use what ever style we are comfortable.

Last edited by oshtechx on Sep 7th, 2015 at 23:02

Ring4200
Tekken Lord Black
XBL: RyuxXxLars4200
#453 “Quote” Edit Post
In the Beginning when i started to play Tekken Tag Tournament 2, the first [TAG] character i used was Heihachi Mishima and Jin Kazama and then now the characters i played the most it's Lars Alexandersson with Kunimitsu.
Signature DEVIL KAZUYA: The hero of the [Iron Fist] that never end.
JUN: What a incredible [speech], you say darling.
JIN: You're the best [dad].
LARS: It's nice a word Brother, and here we go for the next [Battle].
📶📘La petite Abeille au Poing de Fer, qui traverse la lumière🐝💧.
Klaus
Kyu
#454 “Quote” Edit Post
I've been playing Jin for 2 years and I still struggle against some characters. Mostly against those who have parries like Asuka's. I can't seem to break their combos safely so I've been looking for a char that suits my gamestyle with Jin. I mainly do combo pressure against opponents trying to send them to the ground so I can either catch them when they backroll with either b 2,1 or cd1 or if they sideroll with either db 4 or parry their standing kicks to keep pressure up. Do you guys think Nina would suit here? Is she that difficult?
Signature No power beats their love!!! (Except Ancient Ogre... That shit is dangerous.)
alexr
Raijin
PSN: TeamKandR
#455 “Quote” Edit Post
If you like Nina, play Nina!

She's a great character. She can be fairly strong at a beginner/intermediate level, since she's got great pokes, and you can pressure bad players with f+3 and her strings, but her higher-level stuff is *amazing*. Advanced Nina execution is really pretty difficult.

And she's hott
Signature blog it out! http://alexr-fightgames.tumblr.com
Klaus
Kyu
#456 “Quote” Edit Post
I'll search for some guide on her because I've been in practice against Kazuya Ultra Hard and I rarely land a punch with her.
Signature No power beats their love!!! (Except Ancient Ogre... That shit is dangerous.)
lilili123
Kyu