Page Splits 1...<141516
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
PSN: cacacarmen
#301 “Quote” Edit Post
Hwo can always jab out magic 4 with 2,f+4...

Honestly if you have a console stop being lazy and just record function to find your way around it, there is no one size fits all answer. (I know Budding Fighter doesn't)
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"
"我早就说过,你换几个普通角色你就发现你也很弱。。 "
"卡波拉门"
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#302 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by CaCarmen
Hwo can always jab out magic 4 with 2,f+4...

Honestly if you have a console stop being lazy and just record function to find your way around it, there is no one size fits all answer. (I know Budding Fighter doesn't)
Yeah people should post on TZ less. I was stupid to post.
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#303 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by forest16
So I try to jab punish and I get hit by Baek's LFL 4,3,3,f? And if I low jab, he does his raha hopkick?

Actually I take that back (what Carmen said is true). If he commits to 4,3,3~f after blocked FLA f+3 then your jabs will beat it out, but there's a little delay he can do by holding b to do that 'option select' (it isn't extremely effective to be perfectly honest, as quite a few characters have moves that will reach, such as Lars, Laws, Lee etc). The moves you would try to reach him over there (such as Law b+2) would get CH by the little back step into 4,3,3~f and if you jab, they whiff. The backstep's primary purpose would not be to do the option select, but to rather bait jabs. If you do jabs and I backstep, I punish, but if you do something that will try to reach my backstep, 4,3,3~f will CH you (hopefully it makes more sense now. I sincerely apologize for the misinformation).

Honestly, just backdash after blocking FLA f+3. It isn't the one size fits all that you might want, but it's definitely the option that forces Baek to be at his riskiest (approach and close space with df+3~f which opens him up to CH's, or do something like a down jab which returns him and you to a neutral position).
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"If Baek gets your back you basically die." - Bronson
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#304 “Quote” Edit Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featu...S2U1S1nNU#t=483

I got hit by it at the wall though and it hurts!
Above Human
Master
PSN: Above_Human
#305 “Quote” Edit Post
That was one fine display of button mashing...
Signature I play Bob and Julia
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#306 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Above Human
That was one fine display of button mashing...
Haha pretty sure he coulda gotten a 100% combo from that
Above Human
Master
PSN: Above_Human
#307 “Quote” Edit Post
More like 90ish percent...with a harder combo than that...bt ya...rape
Signature I play Bob and Julia
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#308 “Quote” Edit Post
Why is the Hwo/Baek Great! combo not completing for me?

I do Baek u+3+4~Tag, Hwo 3,4,3, 3+4~Tag and it seems to only rarely go into the Great! at the end.

I tried mashing the Tag and the 3+4 but it seems not to work. Is it a just frame or something?

Never mind I figured out the timing on the last part.

You have to press the 3+4~Tag after Hwoarang has completely recovered from his Hunting Hawk move. Otherwise, it drops. Solved.
Ixayek_usurper
Tekken Lord Black
XBL: Ixayek_Usurper
#309 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by forest16
Why is the Hwo/Baek Great! combo not completing for me?

I do Baek u+3+4~Tag, Hwo 3,4,3, 3+4~Tag and it seems to only rarely go into the Great! at the end.

I tried mashing the Tag and the 3+4 but it seems not to work. Is it a just frame or something?

Never mind I figured out the timing on the last part.

You have to press the 3+4~Tag after Hwoarang has completely recovered from his Hunting Hawk move. Otherwise, it drops. Solved.

You don't need to press ~tag after the final 3+4.
You just need to hit the 3+4 at the right time.
It will automatically tag-in Baek.

For those who don't know,
you need to hit the 3+4 just as the opponent starts (or a little bit after) falling back towards the ground after clearing the apex after the B!.
Signature Parsnip, ketchup..!?... Hop in the van!!?! *shrugs shoulders*
IRON LOBSTER
Orlando BOOM
#310 “Quote” Edit Post
@Ixayek_usurper

DUUUUDE!!!
Signature A split second is only 30 frames.
Ixayek_usurper
Tekken Lord Black
XBL: Ixayek_Usurper
#311 “Quote” Edit Post
@ Iron Lobster

BROOOOOOOO!!

Btw man,
If your "canadian" then I'm a ginger mexican!
LOL!
Signature Parsnip, ketchup..!?... Hop in the van!!?! *shrugs shoulders*
IRON LOBSTER
Orlando BOOM
#312 “Quote” Edit Post
Aboot that, Canada is my spiritual home!
Signature A split second is only 30 frames.
Commandoo
Champion
#313 “Quote” Edit Post
Guys I need help, I play baek and hwo.. I have played them since start of tekken tag..

I know many setups and strats for them but I did a combo today.. D+3,4 fla d+ 3 ws 3 (b) baek ff 4,3 to hwo ff 4, D+F+3+4 as finish. I tried it on bob andit works but why not jack six?? Or any other bigger char? I seen it at evo.. can somone

Also wile on the topic I don't get who is big and who is medium char and who is small does anyone have a list?? I don't get how somone can do different combos for different size chars because I go crazy about it and if I had a beard like aris I would pull it off.. Can somone give me a list please??

Edit.. I also need help with a baek wall combo.. If I did hwo b3, f2,f+3 fla f~3 f~3 f~3 up,3+4 to wall spam to 443 (b) baek??????? To hwo?? Because it's a wall carry I can't seem to get a short baek wall combo because I use too many hits with baek and wall and it misses or fails.. From hwo to wall I use 11 hits to (b) what combo can I do with baek??

With hwo I do f+ 4 d+ 4,4 to baek df3+4 and it's great but I'm stick with baek..

Last edited by Commandoo on Jul 12th, 2014 at 00:53

Signature Hwo newbie ownage!!!

+

Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#314 “Quote” Edit Post
The first part belongs in the Hwo threads. They should know who it hits on and who it doesn't.

The second part, I think this is how character sizes are classified:

Big legs big chest: Jinpachi, Craig

Small legs big chest: Kuma, True Ogre, Jacks

Big-ish legs big-ish chest: Kings, Miguel

Small-ish legs small chest: Alisa, Xiaoyu, Roger, Wang

In the open field, the smaller your legs are, the harder it is to do your combos on them. At the wall, refer to this post http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...294#post4663294

Baek doesn't have very many good big specific combos in the open field (though I think crumple stun into df+3, 4,3,3~f doesn't work on some big-ish characters like King? Can't remember) but at the wall he has this Kuma and TO specific combo:

1 hit B! iFLA f+3, 2,3, 1,2,3,3,3,d+4

Baek isn't very good at doing a TA off of 2 wall hit into bound, his best option is probably 2,3, 1+2,4 into whatever ender Hwo might have. Your best option is to do an RFF ff+3 to bound and go into the Baek wall TA of 2,3, FLA f+3>d+4,4>4 into whatever ender Hwo might have.

Wait.

*looks at shiny badge next to profile*

:O
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
hardfighter
Dragon Lord
PSN: ketlord
#315 “Quote” Edit Post
A basic question,
can you tell how to perform the great combo, tried hard but cant connect last hit of hworang; d/f+3+4

thanx
Signature There is No God but ALLAH and Muhammad(PBUH) is the Last Prophet of Allah

Ketlord
Lord TKD
TekkenChile.cl
PSN: LordTKD
#316 “Quote” Edit Post
in great combo, is not d/f+3+4, else 3+4... only requires a precise time to tighten 3+4.

Saludos!
Signature Comunidad de TekkenChile -> www.tekkenchile.cl

My Youtube Account
enko
Lone Wolf
#317 “Quote” Edit Post
I am new to Baek. My questions are:

1. Is Baek's wavedash( df+3~f,df+3~f,df+3~f) useful and do you Baek players use it all the time?
2. Out of Baek's wavedash what are good moves to do?
3. After db3,3~f what are good moves to use?
4. After d4,333~f what are good moves to use?
5. I am having trouble connecting 1,2 after df2, f2,123~f (1,2<---- I can't land this, any tips on this combo)
6. Are flamingo 3443, flamingo 3444 and flamingo 334 good to use?

Last edited by enko on Sep 12th, 2014 at 10:06

Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#318 “Quote” Edit Post
All the Baek info you want is in the Baek guide pinned in the forums.

As for 5, I don't know how it's whiffing. Perhaps you're doing it too early?
enko
Lone Wolf
#319 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Budding Fighter
All the Baek info you want is in the Baek guide pinned in the forums.

As for 5, I don't know how it's whiffing. Perhaps you're doing it too early?

I will try the combo again. I did not send much time on the combo as I need to do something else. From what I can remember after df2, f2,123~f, the next 123~f does not connect. Maybe I am doing it a bit slow because the next 123~f does not connect,the character I am doing the combo is way to low to be hit by the second 123~f.

This is supposed to be Baek's basic combo, and I have trouble doing it.