Page Splits 1...<293031
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Ayos Mishima
Iron Fist God
PSN: Ron_Vong
#601 “Quote” Edit Post
People usually sideroll me when I do b34 at the wall so it whiffs.. is there a better option to catch them besides d4, d3, d3~4? I think RLX 34 will catch siderollers but that's too slow obviously and would work only if you're already in RLX.
Signature Use Facebook to connect to other players for online pickup games. Join "Tekken Online Matchmaking (TOM)" today:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TekkenOnlineMatchmaking/
Current Highest Rank: Fujin
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
PSN: cacacarmen
#602 “Quote” Edit Post
b+3+4 is siderollable, that is a problem with this move. However, what you can do it, wait for them to finish their sideroll and then getup. This is super good for a few reasons:
If they sideroll and getup right away from normal knockdown position, you get a free mid/low/throw mixup that they have to deal with.
If they sideroll from normal knockdown position and THEN getup, they will roll into FDFT, which means the moment they get up they will be BT, and you can do some very massive damage.
If they sideroll and don't get up you get a free b+3+4 or other ground hitting move.

You'll notice no matter what they do b+3+4 will make contact with the opponent. Even if they guard it from a normal standup position you get +3 (I think) with the opponent in FC, so go to town with that.

As for moves that hit sideroll, a lot of moves can, I've seen df+2 even sideroll I think. Pretty much any mid that hits RLX stance should be able to hit sideroll. However the direction they sideroll can change which moves hit. The best option to hit both siderolls for the most damage remains d+3~4. But I recommend just using the method I mentioned above to deal with siderollers since it allows for enough damage to scare the opponent from siderolling.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"
"我早就说过,你换几个普通角色你就发现你也很弱。。 "
"卡波拉门"
LuizWsp
Virtuoso
#603 “Quote” Edit Post
I've seen Abel from South Americausing unblockables at the wall. He used twice in a tournament and both hit. Hedoes the normal wall combo, and instead of finishing it with uf3+4, he uses the unblockable.

I post a video whenever I find the footage
LuizWsp
Virtuoso
Ayos Mishima
Iron Fist God
#605 “Quote” Edit Post
one setup:
After a handstand throw throw out a f4 for combos. It is the perfect distance so If they get up kick they'll get hurt.
Signature Use Facebook to connect to other players for online pickup games. Join "Tekken Online Matchmaking (TOM)" today:

CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
PSN: cacacarmen
#606 “Quote” Edit Post
Hmm, I'll have to test that.

Also that Capo player is really good, Luiz. He really looks like he knows what his doing. I think the unblockable only works if they tech roll right (if they tech roll the other direction I think the second kick whiffs)? I need to add that to my tech traps.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"
"我早就说过,你换几个普通角色你就发现你也很弱。。 "
"卡波拉门"
LuizWsp
Virtuoso
#607 “Quote” Edit Post
He is the south america champion
Ayos Mishima
Iron Fist God
#608 “Quote” Edit Post
insanelee / Bronson - I noticed you're using Eddy now. Can you give us some tips on how you play him and what you like to use?

I heard in an interview you said you were not a good Ogre player, but a good Tekken player. Would you say the same logic applies to your Eddy?

It would be very interesting to know a high level player's input who doesn't main Eddy.

insanelee
tinh yeu
#609 “Quote” Edit Post
find a mid, find a low, find a whiff punish, learn a combo.

i do this with every character.

bronson.

ps. ws13 is so good.
Signature www.eightarc.com