Page Splits 12>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Star Saber
Banned By Mod
PSN: lurking out there.
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
... would be a homing move from DE and/or SE I think.

He has only 2 homing moves anyway. I mean c'mon even Angel has 3.
Signature "In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity"
Random noob comment upon watching my King in a TR session: "How crazy is that tiger. Someone take him to the zoo."
#BUFFANGEL #BUFFWTF
Originally posted by noodalls
Didn't think I'd ever say it, but you guys need to try to be more like Star Saber when you post.
Zaibatsu Dragon
Jersey Gamer
PSN: Plissken_81X
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
How about NO because he's nearly as uber as Alisa. And besides, Lars is a pussy.
Signature Originally posted by fahad2
Most consumable western media is racist these days! The white man always saves the planet.
Now if it was Zaibatsu Dragon saving the planet, that would be tight! I'd give him all the Sand girls in his harem that I'd make the rest of the races build!
Twitter Man God Thread YouTube
Star Saber
Banned By Mod
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Random noob comment upon watching my King in a TR session: "How crazy is that tiger. Someone take him to the zoo."
#BUFFANGEL #BUFFWTF
Didn't think I'd ever say it, but you guys need to try to be more like Star Saber when you post.
Zaibatsu Dragon
Jersey Gamer
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm not a hater, I'm just saying Lars is a pussy. Heihachi is where everything's at.
Most consumable western media is racist these days! The white man always saves the planet.
Now if it was Zaibatsu Dragon saving the planet, that would be tight! I'd give him all the Sand girls in his harem that I'd make the rest of the races build!
Star Saber
Banned By Mod
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Hei is probably the Mishima I like the least, can't really remember the last time I played him.
#BUFFANGEL #BUFFWTF
USMCOgre
Money Inc.
PSN: MoneyIncUSMCOgre
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Not that I'm a huge dick when it comes to the rules, but this is seriously the last forum this topic should be in. Also, buff lars stopped being funny months ago.
Signature The search for equality is a search for the lowest common denominator...
Star Saber
Banned By Mod
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
I wasn't so sure about posting this in the TTT2 general section since I knew it would draw lots of random trolls/derailing comments anyway.
#BUFFANGEL #BUFFWTF
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
PSN: TastyPPJuice
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
#buffla...

Originally posted by USMCOgre
Not that I'm a huge dick when it comes to the rules, but this is seriously the last forum this topic should be in. Also, buff lars stopped being funny months ago.

Ohh...

http://0.tqn.com/d/webtrends/1/G/G/D/-/-/Okay_guy.jpg
Dilly
When in doubt, D+3+4
PSN: DancesWithNoobs
XBL: DancesWithNoobs
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Star Saber
... would be a homing move from DE and/or SE I think.

He has only 2 homing moves anyway. I mean c'mon even Angel has 3.

I was going to say give him an EWGF, but then I remembered that you would just duck it on reaction anyway...
Signature Need the hook-up on cable service? Get at me.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=124372
MCP
MCP=(0_o)
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Dilly
I was going to say give him an EWGF, but then I remembered that you would just duck it on reaction anyway...

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn! lol

I was gonna say just give him a mid wgf and the input is d/f+2.
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
Zaibatsu Dragon
Jersey Gamer
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh yeah I forgot you can duck EWGF on reaction, but also: you lost the game.
DigitalCount
Mister Pittsburgh
PSN: DigitalCount
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Star Saber
I wasn't so sure about posting this in the TTT2 general section since I knew it would draw lots of random trolls/derailing comments anyway.
The Lars forum may have been the place, but that would be more useful worded as a question and in the Lars QnA thread.
-DC
Signature Now with more EXCERRENCE
Steve Gets Fresh

2016: Manji Assassins Political Party
SCT4LIFE
king_ruckus
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Thread moved.
Superboltboy
Berserker
PSN: Boltgear
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Nah he's fine as he is. They only thing I'd like is for DE is cancel 'smoother' like how you cancel a CD. Enable him to a faster WD. From that you can do like 10 moves.
b+1 is a solid homing move btw. I'd like less neg frame from block, his momentum is killed instantly if they block that move, perhaps trim a frame or two off, then again it is his OS move when you're at +6.
I remember MYK saying he'd like 1,1,1 as a NCc. My only concern regards the possible removal of he Bound mechanic. His juggle capabilities will be severely hindered (more so any other characters if bound is removed from the next iteration, he won't be able to pre load any extra hits or do df1 as a stretch before db2SE1. If so give him new moves to aid this).
Star Saber
Banned By Mod
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
b+1 is good as a poke, but it lacks damage. b+1+2 crushes highs and knocksdown/wallsplat but is jab punishable. They're nothing spectacular but are okay as homing moves tho. The problem is that pretty much all the shit he has from his stances is steppable, so that's why I thought a homing option out of stances would be nice

Last edited by Star Saber on Sep 14th, 2013 at 13:34

#BUFFANGEL #BUFFWTF
Superboltboy
Berserker
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Hmm you raise a nice point. However you have to remember Lars isn't really a offensive character he's relies heavily on solid defense and spacing, more so than other (f1+2 being his go to punisher; is -14 on block)

b+1 is his keep out, damage doesn't matter in this context, his damage comes from his punishes (f2,4) and his solid combo damage (including his insane wall combo damage), chip away and look for an opening.

b1+2: for a move that's homing, crushes extremely well, and give KND/W! I'd say being -10 is perfectly fine. If it was safe it would be broken as hell.

I wouldn't suggest using his stances out in to the open, only situation I can raise is either in a combo or after a techroll to apply pressure. Or DE dash cancel to zone in.

Final note; I'm in no way telling anyone how they should play a character. I believe you can play anyone they way you want and make it works so long as you find the right tools. What I suggested are merely suggestions and perhaps the reason why his homing moves are like that. It would be nice if he had a HM out of his stance but is it needed? I don't really think so.
Star Saber
Banned By Mod
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
when did this character rely on spacing? Lars has no moves for spacing

well perhaps f,f+1+2 but even then that's really shitty for spacing
#BUFFANGEL #BUFFWTF
Superboltboy
Berserker
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
f1+2 (it's range is deceiving). I mostly do dash df1 or df2. He has a good BD and SS, by the time your opp whiffs you're close enough to punish them. b2,3 is good too, oh and uf3. b+1 (even with it's nerf). Let them come to you. He has some moves for spacing
Star Saber
Banned By Mod
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
you do know f+1+2 is fucking -14 with next to NO pushback on block, right?
#BUFFANGEL #BUFFWTF
Superboltboy
Berserker
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
I meant as a punisher? Calm down, I meant it has a sort of 'phantom' range that's deceptive. Oh an iWR3 is good too, on hit you get free oki.