Page Splits <123>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
MattyP
4th Dan
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by epsilon_
he seems worse than regular bob in every way.

seems like a waste of a character.

Really? How do you say? I mean I understand the u/f+1+2, 1+2 is kind of a bummer, but other than that it seems like we were all expecting a decrease in damage and stuff, but so far he's almost identical, no?
Saunic
Kyu
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Not sure, but it seems harder (if not impossible) to connect f+1 after WS 2,1, d/b+2, d+2,3 with Slim Bob.
Mills McDougle
sunstone.
PSN: McAnica
XBL: mcdouglr
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by epsilon_
he seems worse than regular bob in every way.

seems like a waste of a character.

This might be kinda weird, but him being worse actually makes me wanna use him MORE.
Signature Team WeCantPlayGames (X360)
Now recruiting! Post here if you're interested!

Bro, do you even play?
Dullyanna
6th Dan
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Slim Bob def has better step for what that's worth, I haven't looked into his backdash yet though.

@MattyP: He definitely has worse range. I haven't compared damage for all his stuff but from what I've heard him and the other DLC clones doing less in those movelist videos was changed.
Signature Jaguar King: "Punishing a -13 frame disadvantage with Kazzy's electric shouldn't be any more difficult than punishing a -16 one with a GS throw."
qpJUJU MASTERqp
War Lord
PSN: ;(
XBL: Paro Street
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Slim Bob is ridiculously ass, a lot of Bobs essential stuff doesn't really work, nerfed damage, he sucks my butt
Signature
Team MashFTW

SOUTH EAST LONDON - WOOLWICH
IKARI263
Kyu
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
The damage is the same he has a better step game. Only a few moves have lost range. Due to the step improvement i think hes better
omgwtfbbqdude
Kyu
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, damage appears to be the same. I'm really excited about the better SS, but I think he got nerfed range wise, and maybe frame data wise (at least on some moves)
KAMillion
1st Dan
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by IKARI263
The damage is the same he has a better step game. Only a few moves have lost range. Due to the step improvement i think hes better

+1
STK
Master
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Saunic
Not sure, but it seems harder (if not impossible) to connect f+1 after WS 2,1, d/b+2, d+2,3 with Slim Bob.

you have to do 2 jab not f1 for slim bob. it hits all day.

uf1+2,1+2 W! db1,ff2 B! does alot of damage before you even do a wall combo! shouts out to Jordyce for that find. then 1+2,1+2 W! db2,ff2 B! does alot before a combo also! after his ff1+2 throw u get free b3 for 48pt. idk with his movement being better slim seems true. the only thing that any kind of miss is mabey his throw not launching but 48pt is very good.

Last edited by STK on Oct 9th, 2012 at 23:26

Toshinjin
Nooblet.
PSN: foxlyfe
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
I was keen for slim bob, but i like bob's uf+1+2, 1+2 =P

Will have a muck around with what you guys found against the wall...

Keep testing!
Signature
Rick Grimes
Kyu
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
I was actually able to mess around with slim bob at launch via a friends hacked 360. I used d+1 then ff+2 after u/f 1+2 1+2 on small characters like ling. on normal sizes and bigs you can d+1, then dash up and bound with b+41.
JonmanMishima
Here's Johnny!!!!
PSN: readwatchread
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Slim bob's jab range is noticeably less than that of Bob's. Anyway, still having a blast using 2 bobs while having ws+3,3+4 available as a TA anytime.

(launch)
- d+2,3, 2, u/f+1+2,1~5, TA ws+3, 3+4, dash 1+2, 1+2
Abigan2K
Iron Fist God
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
slim bob cant do

launch db+2 d+2,3 jab ff+2 combos around 5-6 damage lost per juggle as compared to normal bob

no way is he better than bob.. but compared to the rest of the cast he's still good
STK
Master
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
u have to just right jab insteed of left jab.
Kakarott SSJ III
Over 9000_0??!!
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
@ STK thanks for that jab tip
STK
Master
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
yea no prob
Nori
Crom is my god
PSN: RxF_Nori
XBL: Nori Batousai
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
I think it's hilarious he's being compared to Bob, a probable top tier char and not being compared to the rest of the cast. Slim Bob is still silly, just like Bob is. He doesn't have retarded range like Bob, so what? He still has a moveset that can compete and beat ANY char in this game. You are all acting like he's low tier trash or something. Too funny
Signature
What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women - Conan the Barbarian
Kakarott SSJ III
Over 9000_0??!!
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
d/b+2, d+2,3 jab 2 f,f+2 will hit like STK stated -- i got it off the u/f+3 and ws+2,1 but i couldn't get it off a CH d/f+2 -- you can't have sloppy timing w/ slim -- with fat you can pretty much puke that combo out and it will work
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by qpJUJU MASTERqp
Slim Bob is ridiculously ass, a lot of Bobs essential stuff doesn't really work, nerfed damage, he sucks my butt
This made me laugh so hard thank you for that!
Malkom
Sage
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
I got some questions.

How high do you think is the diadvantage taking Slim Bob instead of the original?

I know 2 players who started or would start playing slim Bob but not "normal" Bob. Do you think the community likes slim Bob much more? maybe in tekken 7 he is slim and will stay it?
Signature Kazuya Fist is a coward