TTT2 Ling. Ask a question, get an answer!

Page Splits 1...<394041
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Sento
Destroyer
PSN: Sento_k
#801 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm in the same trouble, 'cause I'm playing Xiaoyu/Miharu (I'm literally bored of this team)
Even if you have a good defense, you'll always get some trouble to beat a char that have better tools, as you said. If your opponent doesn't know Ling's match up (+her okis), you certainly can beat him without having any trouble. Trust me, I tried to be really safe and patient, but you really can't play Ling in that way.

So.. What exactly can we do against this kind of players, with Xiaoyu? I'm interested.
Signature ♂ = Broly : "Is that another word for coffin?"

♂ = Poison : "But I've got you in my clutches." Tu tu ru ♪♫
godaftonjuice
Champion
#802 “Quote” Edit Post
The two lows I think are part of the key to this whole thing are d/b+4 and ss+4. These two both have their problems but they're quite different. d/b+4 doesn't crush at all, so you need to know your opponent's way of defense/offense to make it work. It reaches further than you think though, so it's not the easiest to backdash if you space it right. ss+4 on the other hand, I find easier for the opponent to 'out-space'. On the other hand, it does good damage and is much more evasive than d/b+4. Mixing these two lows into your neutral is probably a good start when you notice a defensive behaviour.

d+3 and fc d+3 are probably also good tools. I also think that fc d/f+4(,4) is better than it gets credit for, but it has it's weaknesses of course.

Another thing is to throw, basically. Remember that she has good throws, 1+3, 2+4 and d/f+1+2 all give good oki situations.

(I'm still at a loss though, so to anyone who reads this, don't take this as an answer to my own question... this is some hard shit imo)
Sento
Destroyer
#803 “Quote” Edit Post
I like to use f,F+1,D 'cause they don't really react to it... And it gives you some good mixups, like AOP 4~3, AOP d+1+2, AOP 4, AOP u/f+3,3, AOP f+4, AOP 1+2.

JMS
~.~.
PSN: JMS_
#804 “Quote” Edit Post
know the best options for their character at all ranges, and dance exactly out of those ranges to fish for a whiff. if they refuse to attack, test them further by advancing fearlessly, or go for ranged attacks. trial and error. focus on just making contact whether they block or not. take note of how they respond on block to create whiff opportunities or parry and reset them at range 0. ff3 and 4~3 are good for eliciting responses on block. also, you can backflip and invite them to charge you--master sw vs unblockable tackle for free 1d2 rds 4 on bt opponent.
x MAD AXES x
"Light it up" AJ Lee
XBL: x MAD AXES x
#805 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by godaftonjuice
snip
If I'm in the damage lead most of the time I'll just do ff+3 RDS db, of course I will bait the ff+3 as some get impatient and try to beat out the ff+3 they will whiff and eat a df+2~1 instead.

If I'm not on the life lead I will usually RDS throw spam, while ssr d+1+2 depending on the character I'm facing DF+1 spam is good also for an attempt to get in as most people respect the fact that it high crushes so another one may come, resulting in 2 things they freeze so you are free to poke with db+4 or whatever or they try their luck with a mid which ssing or BD will take care of.

Don't try to rush the win with Ling take your time even if that time is winning by a time out as it will make them play aggressive and this is where Ling shines as if they are playing more aggressively more mistakes will be made.

Mainly I just have Michelle come in though . If Michelle gets in you wish she didn't.
Signature

Annas lows are are unsafe because she use to going low another way.

Be more environmentally sustainable and use the Anna bicycle.
Sento
Destroyer
#806 “Quote” Edit Post
I think that

f,F+3
f,F+2
f,F+1,3_4 (Mixup)
4~3
u/f+3+4
u/f+1+2
f,F+3+4_RDS f,F+3+4
AOP 1+2
AOP u/f+4
u+1+2,2,1 are good to use against turtle players. (IMO)

x MAD AXES x
"Light it up" AJ Lee
XBL: x MAD AXES x
#807 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Sento
I think that

f,F+3
SPAM THIS
f,F+2
no
f,F+1,3_4 (Mixup)
if the opponent knows how to fuzzy guard it no
4~3
it's alright
u/f+3+4
gets blocked you cant beat the turtle and you're back to square 1
u/f+1+2
too slow gets floated
f,F+3+4_RDS f,F+3+4
They SS you get launched with ff+3+4, RDS ff+3+4 good players know the range for the unblockable throw so they will just block it and not take the damge (Couple of the people I play with do this), plus it's too slow
AOP 1+2
Yes
AOP u/f+4
no, you get floated or whiff as nobody is letting you run up AOP then do this
u+1+2,2,1
if they are using highs then yeah, but df+1 is better
are good to use against turtle players. (IMO)
Signature

Annas lows are are unsafe because she use to going low another way.

Be more environmentally sustainable and use the Anna bicycle.
godaftonjuice
Champion
#808 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks guys, solid advice as usual. There's a reason I've been coming here for the last 8 years!
Sento
Destroyer
#809 “Quote” Edit Post
I've forgotten about d/b+3 and RDS d/f_d/b+4 it can be really annoying, and useful.