Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
K.2
1st Dan
PSN: martiz2012
#181 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok, here is a setup that works:

Works after you have performed a wall combo, and the enemy is side rolling.
Then fn1 (first hit of Razor Rush), d/b+4,4 (the enemy probably won't block this low because he is expecting the second hit of Razor Rush). if the angel to the wall is right, you will get W!, and then you can do f,f+2 or f/d + 1+2 to get B!

This can be mixed up with:
fn1,2~SS into DRA (I LOVE DRA stance when the enemy up against the wall)

You guys shuold try it out!
green)Lei
do it like old water
PSN: GreenLei
#182 “Quote” Edit Post
so your setup is db4 near the wall?
Signature ---> Lei general guide

---> and combos traps wallgame

"you cannot outsmart that which doesnt think"
CaptainInsano
5th Dan
#183 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by RoadBlaster
but we can cancel it in time to block if we exit dragon directly right?

that is possible after each transition if the punches were blocked and transition entered if i remember correctly right?

I haven't tested this, need 2 players to confirm, but I think the answer to that is no.

Blocked RR to TGR or PAN = eat a hopkick

I have blocked before, but I really do think its because they are late.

Playing against other Leis, on block if they transition I spam hopkick... get them everytime.

GreenLei, thoughts?
Signature Its all about getting lei-ed
green)Lei
do it like old water
#184 “Quote” Edit Post
when u block immediately youre fine. nothing will hit.

hopkick only works against those who stay aggressive although rr was on block

irobs
Kyu
#185 “Quote” Edit Post
I need your opinion.. for mix-ups near the wall.. which is better to get in PLDs? 3~4 d or u/f+2?..
About the ff2 B! ff2.. i use this when my opponent is almost at the wall.. then b+4,1 W!, in open space if they roll back I use u1+2 then u/f+3 or ff3~b, if they stay down, I'll do u/f+2.. Am i doing it right?

Anyway, thanks to this community.. I learned a lot here..
green)Lei
do it like old water
#186 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by irobs
I need your opinion.. for mix-ups near the wall.. which is better to get in PLDs? 3~4 d or u/f+2?..
About the ff2 B! ff2.. i use this when my opponent is almost at the wall.. then b+4,1 W!, in open space if they roll back I use u1+2 then u/f+3 or ff3~b, if they stay down, I'll do u/f+2.. Am i doing it right?

Anyway, thanks to this community.. I learned a lot here..

I never go into PLD at the wall since people can walk during those transitions
but Id say 3~4 is definitely better.

I dont know what you exactly mean by ff2B! then ff2. when I got it right you can try ff2B! fc df2,1,4 as well in this situation, should be more damage.

if they stay down people mostly do d+4 SNA but uf2 is fine as well when ur fast enough. you can also try ws 3 on the right angle

irobs
Kyu
#187 “Quote” Edit Post
thanks green!
wooden-man
Fujin
#188 “Quote” Edit Post
One of old trick from ttt, delay rr mixup
Fn1>2>1>2 it can be delay for quite a long frame
Stop in-between the delay and mixup with any throws or db4,4
I feel it doesn't work well without the delay

The other old trick is just f,n which work pretty much like the one mention above,
But this one is more for pressured opponent that goes defensive
Sometime, you will end up eating some unlucky blind done out of desperation.

Add db+1+2 and b1+2 into these setup
Signature demotion risk

Ei8hTy SiX
Drunken Master
XBL: Ei8hTy SiX
#189 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by green)Lei
BT d+4~f DRU uf1+2 B! SLDs 4~3 (opponent quickrolls) KNDs 3 into juggle

I've also been using the ~f DRU uf1+2 B! after the BT d+4 juggles and after the PLDs 3 juggles. I got the idea from a video...(EDIT: Oh shit! It was your video green)Lei ! LOL). The ~f DRU uf1+2 B! option is nice instead of the FC df2,1,4, PHX 2 B!. You end up sacrificing the extra 26+ points of guaranteed combo damage, but you have the chance at getting another 46 extra points on the PLDs 3 pick up with the standard df1+2 B!, ff3,4 combo.
If the opponent doesn't quickroll, but rather just lies there on the ground, the PLDs 3 will hit for 14 damage (a small consolation for sacrificing 26 damage).

Only real problem with the PLDs 3 is that even the computer ghosts tend to backroll after SLDs 4~3. This results in a whiff. If I anticipate a backroll from them, I've been playing around with hitting 1 after the SLDs 4~3 and going into FCDs. Both FCDs 3 and FCDs 4~3 have enough range to hit them after the backroll. The FCDs 4~3 needs to be done rather quickly to connect. The better FCDs 3 will either do 21 damage if they are still grounded, or combo with d+4,4 if it hits them standing for 40 damage.

I really like using this green)Lei. Thank you. It's hard to find uses for DRU uf1+2. This is one of the only launchers that allow it to be used as the B!. The only other times I've really used the move was to spike them through a breakable floor at the end of a combo.

When you are fighting an opponent who absolutely loves to tech-roll, it's really fun to do green)Lei's set-up, and then after picking them up with the PLDs 3 into combo... whiff the f,F+3 ender intentionally and go straight into one of those set-ups... like ~b BT d+1... right back into another combo. That'll teach 'em a lesson.

EDIT: There are occasions when PLDs 3 will whiff against some opponents that quickroll to their characters left. If you are 1P and they roll into the foreground. If you are 2P and they roll into the background. This may have to do with the timing of the move with the tech animation. If you pause for just a moment before PLDs 3, you should be alright.

Last edited by Ei8hTy SiX on Oct 14th, 2011 at 19:10

Signature Rip - "So... does Dragunov have any stances?" Aris - "No. He's heterosexual."

Steve - "Don't be jealous." Lei - "Know how Sergei got that scar on his mouth? Haha!"

LUYG Ep.7 24:40-25:12