XBL: Nor 360 =S
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Signature &// - Dragon - Tiger - Crane -DTC
Severin-X
6th Dan
PSN: Saint-Severin
XBL: Saint Severin
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
I dont suppose there is a translated version of this is there? If not can someone just tell me what the headers are of the columns? Really I can figure a few of them out CH = counter hit and the first one is for the name of the move.

Also, and my apologies if this is dumb I am a SF player, how do frames in Tekken work? I see people refer to a move as being a ten frame jab. Does this mean that it hits on the 10th frame or takes 10 frames to complete from start to finish? If it takes 10 frames to complete does it hit on any other frames of just the 10th.

Reason I ask is in SF if a move is said to take 20 frames that is 20 frames from start to finish. But it may become active on frame 3 and stay that way until frame 12. So it will "hit" frames 3-12 and then be considered recovering from 12-20.
Signature Memphis TN: Why even have tournaments just money match a bitch!
Guylon
War Lord
PSN: linglingfat
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Severin-X
I dont suppose there is a translated version of this is there? If not can someone just tell me what the headers are of the columns? Really I can figure a few of them out CH = counter hit and the first one is for the name of the move.

Also, and my apologies if this is dumb I am a SF player, how do frames in Tekken work? I see people refer to a move as being a ten frame jab. Does this mean that it hits on the 10th frame or takes 10 frames to complete from start to finish? If it takes 10 frames to complete does it hit on any other frames of just the 10th.

Reason I ask is in SF if a move is said to take 20 frames that is 20 frames from start to finish. But it may become active on frame 3 and stay that way until frame 12. So it will "hit" frames 3-12 and then be considered recovering from 12-20.

i kinda made a "translated" version on our local community forum here. A bit messed on some legends, i confused myself about what to call certain stuns and knockdowns.

And 10 frames jabs = it hits on 10th frame.
Signature LING2FAT
Kakitajamie
6th Dan
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
In the middle of a tournament hole, I decided to rededicate myself to relearning my main for all of Tekken till 6. Since I missed out of 5 due to personal issues I'm way behind, so I decided to take on the task of translating the frame data so to assist in revitalizing my game. It's not perfect and a lot of the names are based on the current move list, which isn't 100%. I did take the time to convert the move list to the non-asian style.

Lei Wulong Frame Data

I'm open to updates for holes (which definitely exist from translation). Looking it over, the wiki's list is not complete itself.

I highly recommend people get Calc via Open Office (free) or Excel and view this. It's so much easier with data filters.

Last edited by Kakitajamie on Nov 23rd, 2009 at 05:26

shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Awesome work man. I'm sure all of us can help with corrections/updates, but could you put stance titles (in caps and bold) and two blank rows between all of the major groups so that it is easier to read? For example,

BACK TURNED

SNAKE STANCE

SLIDE STANCE

Thanks again for putting that all together.
Signature "Practice makes improvement - you can never be perfect"
Kakitajamie
6th Dan
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by shauno
Awesome work man. I'm sure all of us can help with corrections/updates, but could you put stance titles (in caps and bold) and two blank rows between all of the major groups so that it is easier to read? For example,

BACK TURNED

SNAKE STANCE

SLIDE STANCE

Thanks again for putting that all together.

You confused me a bit when you said stance titles, since I really don't have title rows for the stances. I put the stance column in to differentiate the stances. Or were you referring to the stance column?

It was designed to be viewed in Excel (or Calc via Open Office (which is free)) using the filters tool, which allows you to use a drop down menu to pull specific areas (i.e. specific stance, speed, frames, etc.). As a result adding spaces kills the filters, thus why I did not put them. However barring anyone caring, I can add rows to the google doc.

I do highly recommend people get Calc (or Excel) and view this though. It's so much easier with data filters.

EDIT: Updated
shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Your edits are exactly what I meant... thanks!
Signature "Practice makes improvement - you can never be perfect"
Fhwoarang
Iron Fist God
PSN: Fhwoarang
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Could somebody translate the notes on the Panther stance? It says something about PNT 1, but I don't think there is much to be said.
Signature My wife loves to talk with me after sex. She called me from a hotel last night.
green)Lei
do it like old water
PSN: GreenLei
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
what do you mean?
Signature ---> Lei general guide

---> and combos traps wallgame

"you cannot outsmart that which doesnt think"
[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
2発目を入力して、2発目がスカった場合はダウン
This PAN 1 side note
Fhwoarang
Iron Fist God
PSN: Fhwoarang
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by green)Lei
what do you mean?

Ha, ha, ha...

The Ina Tekken frame data has notes at the end of the document, labeled with numbers. I was just wondering what do they say about Panther? I can't read Japanese and when I tried to translate with Google, the translation doesn't make much sense.

DTC:
What's the meaning of the Japanese text you posted?
Signature My wife loves to talk with me after sex. She called me from a hotel last night.
[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fhwoarang
Ha, ha, ha...

The Ina Tekken frame data has notes at the end of the document, labeled with numbers. I was just wondering what do they say about Panther? I can't read Japanese and when I tried to translate with Google, the translation doesn't make much sense.

DTC:
What's the meaning of the Japanese text you posted?

I don't know japanese either, was posting the note that you mentioned here lol
green)Lei
do it like old water
PSN: GreenLei
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by [~DTC~]
I don't know japanese either, was posting the note that you mentioned here lol

nice one. lool

@ Fhwoarang, how did you even figure out it was pan they talk about? lol

try this one in case u dont know https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...amp;hl=en#gid=1
Signature ---> Lei general guide

---> and combos traps wallgame

"you cannot outsmart that which doesnt think"
Nameless03
Legend
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
My educated guess would be it's referring to how PAN 1 only trips if you enter the second hit of that string i.e. PAN 1~2

I've noticed that 2発目 usually means 2nd hit of a string, and 3発目 the 3rd hit, and so on.
Signature (+Loss)Mercury
Lord_Kohn
Kyu
PSN: Lord_Kohn
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by [~DTC~]
2発目を入力して、2発目がスカった場合はダウン
This PAN 1 side note

"If you input both hits, but the second hit misses (while the first one hits), the opponent will be knockdowned"

...if I'm not misinterpretting it, but the move does that, so it should be right.
SuikenUser
Tell the News
PSN: Suikenuser
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Sticky...post up some good frame data!
noodalls
PSN: noodalls
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Not sure if people will use this or not, but I was using Lei's f,F+3 for BT testing, and decided to record the three variations (f,F+3, f,f+3~b and f,F+3,4) on block, hit and CH at 60fps. You can work things out like total frames, frames on block, hit and CH, frames on whiff as well as timing between the 3 and 4 on hit, as well as airtime using these videos, by anaylsing in avidemux or similar.

I haven't done it because it takes up a fair amount of time. Would be happy to help people if they get stuck though.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4m2may8p6st8d3x
SaixSephiroth
6th Dan
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
thanks noodals, but i cant use, it lags hard on my pc xD
Ei8hTy SiX
Drunken Master
XBL: Ei8hTy SiX
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ultimat
I read on the Japanese frame data...
fn1: 4(11) on hit
The #'s in () doesn't make sense.
It would be nice if someone give me an answer to this please

Sorry. My response is a year or so late, but I just returned to Tekken recently. (Haven't played since the Tekken 4 days) You guys have probably figured this out by now, but I haven't seen anyone post this info, so allow me to explain.

The frame data for f,n,1 says that it's speed is 12(14~). That means it takes 12 frames for the move to connect, but it's actually 14 frames if you include the button inputs.
The frame data for f,n,1 also says that it leaves Lei -2 when it is blocked; and leaves Lei +4(+11) when the move connects on both regular hit and counter hit. That means Lei is at +4 when he connects on a standing opponent and Lei is at +11 when he connects on a crouching opponent.

So if an opponent is crouching and you connect the first hit of Razor Rush, Lei is guaranteed to connect his 10-frame 1,1 or 1,2 jab combos (2,1 is a Just-Frame because Lei will instead want to continue the RR). Lei is also guaranteed to connect on his 11-frame 4.

Notes for those lazy Lei players:
1,1 follow up leaves Lei at +3.
1,1~F follow up leaves Lei at -6 in snake stance.
1,2 follow up leaves Lei at +6.
4 follow up leaves Lei +7. (Lei gains 1 extra frame in exchange for 3 less points of damage)
:2,1 follow up leaves Lei at +3. This JF combo does more damage (37) than all four hits of RR (34).

***This also makes for a "not as risky" 10-string entry! b+1,2 follow up is also a guaranteed follow up but leaves Lei -11 and BT. I'm assuming good players aren't accustomed to seeing this move being used too often. For that reason, I think Lei has a good chance in landing the third hit (low punch which is not a natural combo and can be blocked). As a result of the first two hits of the 10-string being guaranteed, that third low hit can NOT be low parried (it would normally be parried if the first two hits are blocked).
If that 3'rd low connects, then Lei is guaranteed another few string hits. Annotation would be... f,n,1(hits crouching opponent) b+1,2,1(hope it hits),3+4,2,1. Total damage for these 7 hits is 58. The next move in the string is a high 4 that can be ducked and punished or even crushed. So I'd advise ending there and being prepared to block or low parry (Lei is -10 frames here). There is some push back and I've never been punished when doing this, although I play against scrubs. If your opponent has a 10-frame punisher that can reach this range, then try ending the string in 6 hits for 51 damage. This also leaves Lei -10 frames, but gives a little more push back, so it may be a safer range against Bob or Jack for example.
Of course, if they blocked that low (and everything that followed) you're gonna be toast.

These guaranteed follow ups after f,n,1 hits a crouching opponent give us another example of the advantage the hits of Razor Rush get for being delayable. Being able to hit confirm these punches is important in deciding when to continue punching, or end the string, or go into an animal stance.
Good set-up for this to work is to abuse them with f,n,4,1~F, and f,n,4,1,2,2~F, and the f,n,2 strings early on in the match. These strings (along with f,n,3 and the f,n,f+1+2 throw) all start with highs and should train them to duck. As soon as you get them to start ducking... it's time to give them the f,n,1 Razor Rush.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Ei8hTy SiX on Oct 31st, 2011 at 22:28

Signature Rip - "So... does Dragunov have any stances?" Aris - "No. He's heterosexual."

Steve - "Don't be jealous." Lei - "Know how Sergei got that scar on his mouth? Haha!"

LUYG Ep.7 24:40-25:12
Ei8hTy SiX
Drunken Master
XBL: Ei8hTy SiX
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ultimat
I read this on the Japanese frame data....
DRG 3: +2S
f+1+2: +10(ND)
d/f+1+2~f: +14SG
f,n,2,1,2: U on hit
The terms don't make sense! And does the advantages on SS 2,2 on hit even work?
It would be nice if someone give me an answer to it please

The frame advantage for DRG 3 is +2 S on hit. The 'S' just means that the move causes a minor stun. Lei recovers crouching after this move. So, for example: if you follow this by throwing out a WS+3 which takes 10 frames to connect, the opponent only has 8 active frames to do something before they get hit.

The frame advantage for f+1+2 is +10 (ND) on hit. The "ND" must be in reference to the nose-bleed stun. They get pushed back, so none of your 10 frame moves will be guaranteed unless you've got them against a wall. In this case... refer to my previous post for guaranteed options. They may break the stun by holding DOWN and falling to the ground. In which case... It's "Oki-pokey" time.

The frame advantage for d/f+1+2~F must be a typo, because I believe the move takes 17 frames to connect and Lei is left at +3 regardless of block or hit. The "SG" is either in reference to it leaving the opponent in crouch, or in reference to the guard break. So an example of using this advantage is following with TGR 1. This move normally comes out in 16 frames, so the opponent only has 13 frames (from crouch) to do something before they get hit by TGR 1.

The frame advantage for f,n,2,1,2 depends on a few factors, such as:
1. if the first punch is blocked which leads to guard-melting punches
2. if the first punch hits or whiffs which leads to regular razor rush
3. if the first and second punch are blocked and the third is a CH
f,n,2 is a high that takes 14 frames(with input) to hit the opponent.
===>When f,n,2 is blocked, Lei is left +2 and enters his "Guard Melting Punches". Lei can not delay this string when blocked, but I think it jails which means if they blocked the first hit, then the second one will always be blocked automatically as well (even if the opponent tries to do something else).
f,n,2,1 is high,mid and leaves Lei +1? I advise that you end the string here for reasons below...
f,n,2,1,2 is high,mid,mid and leaves Lei -17 when blocked. It does 25 damage. WARNING: This punch can be stepped and punished, but it will juggle on CH.
f,n,2,1,2,1 is high,mid,mid,mid and leaves Lei +9 in BT when blocked. +9 and BT is a great place to be (especially after being blocked)! But it's all dependent on if your opponent doesn't know Lei very well, and he didn't sidestep after the f,N+2,1. The last hit does 30 damage and it will knock down the opponent on CH.
===>When f,n,2 connects, it does 12 damage and leaves Lei +7. Lei will go into his "Razor Rush" which is all delayable. f,n,2>1>2,3_>4_>4(u_d). The f,n,2>1 is a Natural combo and leaves Lei +1?, but the f,n,2>1>2 is not natural and leaves Lei -14 on block (+1 on hit). So you probably wouldn't want to ever end the string here. If the first f,n,2>1 connects, and you want to continue the string, ALWAYS end with a kick. The opponent has to guess LOW or MID. I suggest going with the mid 4 almost every time (safe on block at -7) because the low 3 when blocked leaves Lei -17 ...or can be parried. The low 3 does do more damage and it launches them on CH, so throw it out once in a while.
===>The three important differences between this f,n,2 Razor Rush and the normal f,n,1 Razor Rush are: The f,n,2 Razor Rush starts with a high, but the f,n,1 Razor Rush is all mids. Lei can NOT go into any animal stances from the f,n,2 Razor Rush (except for Crane at the end). Finally, the last two punches do 14 and 9 damage, so oddly enough, even though the f,n,1,2,1,2 is four hits and the f,n,2,1,2 is three hits, the f,n,2,1,2 does one more point of damage.

The +5 frame advantage you get after SS+2,2 is similar to the f+1+2 (both being nose-bleed stuns). On hit, the opponent is pushed back (depends on the angle), so you almost have to be near a wall to take advantage of it. I like to follow up (in the open) sometimes with a f+1+3 or f+2+3 throw attempt. When SS+2,2 is blocked, the move gives a block stun and Lei is still at +5! Got to love that!! So as an example: the opponent only has 7 frames to do something before a d+4 connects. WARNING: second hit of SS+2,2 is high though, so if they block the first hit, they can duck and punish!

Originally posted by SuikenUser
Sticky...post up some good frame data!

Hope that qualifies

Last edited by Ei8hTy SiX on Oct 18th, 2011 at 09:01

Signature Rip - "So... does Dragunov have any stances?" Aris - "No. He's heterosexual."

Steve - "Don't be jealous." Lei - "Know how Sergei got that scar on his mouth? Haha!"

LUYG Ep.7 24:40-25:12