The Supercop Juggle thread

Page Splits <123
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
Heh, Lei was the man that got me playing Tekken seriously to begin with, so I'm enjoying him a lot. It's no problem at all.
Signature "Practice makes improvement - you can never be perfect"
gettingfood
Raijin
PSN: Gettingfood
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
Bear only combo
Not stable but maybe you guys can find a better one.
Lei
Db+4f Druken df1 f1 b2,4 T! Ff3,4
47 damage
shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
For those of you keeping tabs on the first page of Bread and Butter combos, I just completed a major update of the entries. Over 70% of them were changed or tweaked in some way, and some new entries that I missed before were added as well.

By far the juggle string with the biggest impact this time around is connecting ~3~b, PHX B+4,4 after a launch (usually preceded by ~f+3,1). For just a couple of hits, it does a tremendous amount of damage.

And of course, switching out the ~PHX B+4,4 for his versatile unblockable adds even more pain (though it's never guaranteed). In most cases, you can "invent" an unblockable setup any time a PHX B+4,4 is shown by reducing the upfront damage a bit so the enemy can't simply back roll out of the way (EDIT: this strat doesn't work. The opponent can back roll or tech left unless you do the normal unblockable setups).

For instance, switching out the ~f+3,1 juggle hits for a f+2 instead usually means a ~3~B, PHX f+4 will hit if the opponent doesn't escape it (tech forward or tech roll left, depending on the unblockable's timing). If you switch out for ~f+2, connecting PHX f+4 is an extra 12 damage compared to the max combo. If you are able to keep ~f+3,1 juggle hits, tagging them with the unblockable is +22 damage.

As always, let me know if something's wrong, or if there is something better for any of these combos.

Last edited by shauno on Sep 16th, 2018 at 00:28

gettingfood
Raijin
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
Remember that huge characters can hold up will make the 2nd kick whiff after f3,1b PHX b4,4. Also if you delay your f3,1 at all, females can do the same. Probably should make note of that.

Also the 1st hit breaks the floor, so be mindful of your positioning to the wall before doing so. I havenít found a way to make up the damage without carrying to the wall yet.

You can add on the 10 string that its a launcher on a BT opponent, since the 3rd hit trips if theyíre BT. Itís the only legit way using it.

Last edited by gettingfood on Sep 15th, 2018 at 10:26

Battousai
Iron Fist God
PSN: ElDiabloMacho
#45 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by shauno
[*] u+3+4,4, BT d+1, BT d+1, BT d+1, BT 4,1 S!, f,f,f+3,4 = 59 <whiffs vs. smalls>, or
u+3+4,4, BT d+1, BT d+1, BT d+1, BT 3 = 43

Great work, shauno! But what's u+3+4,4?
shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#46 “Quote” Edit Post
^^^ Good catch. The launcher typo was changed to u+1+2,4.

Originally posted by gettingfood
Bear only combo
Not stable but maybe you guys can find a better one.
Lei
Db+4f Druken df1 f1 b2,4 T! Ff3,4
47 damage

Nice one! It's hard, but only because of timing issues. It is consistent I think once you get in a rhythm - in PMode that is. In a real match you have to be on point for it to work. I think the input is better understood for the first three hits like this: d/b+4~F <close>, DRU D/F~1,f+1

This way cancels the stance just before the d/f+1 connects. I can do that consistently, but if I hit the d/f+1 too late, the jab will whiff. After that though, the rest is easy. Here are some alternates I came up with:

- d/b+4~F <close>, DRU D/F~1,f+1, f,f+3~B, BT 4,1 S1, f,f,f+3,4 = 51 <max damage>
- d/b+4~F <close>, DRU D/F~1,f+1, b+4,1 S!, f,f,f+3,4 = 47
- d/b+4~F <close>, DRU D/F~1,f+1, 3, f,f,f+3,4 = 47
- d/b+4~F <close>, DRU D/F~1,f+1, f,n+4,1,2,3 = 40
- d/b+4~F <close>, DRU D/F~1, f+1, u/f+3, CRN 4 = 38
- d/b+4~F <close>, DRU D/F~1, f+1, f+3,1>2 = 38
- d/b+4~F <close>, DRU D/F~1, d/f+1,1>1 = 37 <no f+1, so the easiest combo>
- d/b+4~F <close>, DRU D/F~1,f+1, f,n+4,1,2,(2),2~F = 37 <ends in PAN oki mix ups>

Maybe I'll add a combo section for bigs only (I wouldn't make a full list like this, though; just BnBs).
shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#47 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by gettingfood
Remember that huge characters can hold up will make the 2nd kick whiff after f3,1b PHX b4,4. Also if you delay your f3,1 at all, females can do the same. Probably should make note of that.

Also the 1st hit breaks the floor, so be mindful of your positioning to the wall before doing so. I havenít found a way to make up the damage without carrying to the wall yet.

You can add on the 10 string that its a launcher on a BT opponent, since the 3rd hit trips if theyíre BT. Itís the only legit way using it.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll update the list to show when the second Tornado Kick will whiff, but I don't think it's necessary to point out that you shouldn't delay a string unless the notation is there to do so.

As for the floor break issues, you're right that he is limited in options, but there are opportunities for good damage and solid oki. What I'm doing for now...

- Lei's u/f+1+2 throw creates a FB! launcher on the opponent. Here's the most I can get from it so far:

Lei FB! Throw

You can switch out the RA! at the end for ~W! f+3,1, u/b+4. The damage goes down from 96 to 87. In the middle of the arena, these are the throw options and damages I'm doing for now:
u/f+1+2 FB!, u/f+1, f+2, 3~B, PHX B+3,3 (76)
u/f+1+2 FB!, u/f+1, f+2, 1+2,1, BT 4,1 S!, f,f,f+3,4 (72)

- After a long juggle that leads to W!, I am following up with d/f+1+2 FB!, and then going with either 3, b+2,WS+3 or u/f+3, CRN 3,4,2>3 into oki.

- If the FB! at the wall comes a lot earlier, there is time to go with ~ d/f+1+2 FB!, 3, f+4,2,u/b+4.

In general, if the opponent lands far away after a FB!, I just go for a simple f,F+2 since it is the most consistent attack to reach. Unfortunately, U/F+2 and u/f+3+4 can be tech rolled before they hit.

EDIT: Good tip about the 10-string in an opponent's back. It's been added.

Last edited by shauno on Sep 16th, 2018 at 00:41

okizieme
Kyu
#48 “Quote” Edit Post
hey shauno, it works sir just has to be one of those combos gauranteed against the wall in the corner. or a wall against wall situation, but none the less it works. :-)
shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#49 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, PHX 2 after a juggling Ballroom Dance at the wall works in most combos. It's just that in mine I already used too many hits. When that happens, PHX 2 is no longer guaranteed because they slide down the wall faster and can tech roll first.
shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#50 “Quote” Edit Post
Well, what I want to show you guys is not quite ready, but I made this clip showing something else very useful that adds to his strong, offensive wall game.

Angled Wall Damage

That's a guaranteed 88 damage from three hits (DRU 1, SSR 3~B, PHX f+4). This works because the opponent cannot use the quick rise strat to attempt an escape of Lei's unblockable juggle hit like they can in open ground. With medium timing of the PHX f+4 input, it will hit all of their wake up options.
gettingfood
Raijin
#51 “Quote” Edit Post
Have you tested the unquie character stuff(devil Jin, etc). Can they tech and use a reversal? I can test if you havenít yet.

Canít you do the same thing off a front splat from a b2,4 by side stepping and doing the 3?

Last edited by gettingfood on Sep 18th, 2018 at 12:27

shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#52 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, any wall splat that's angled. You can even do it straight on (no angle) but the timing is stricter or the 3 Kick will make them re-splat.
Battousai
Iron Fist God
PSN: ElDiabloMacho
#53 “Quote” Edit Post
Awesome tech, shauno

I wish I could contribute some in return for all the info in this thread.
DomesticBlend
Kyu
#54 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey all. Long time reader, first time poster. I thought I would add one to the list.

Drunken B+1+2, U, WS4, ff3~b, BT 41, FF3,4

65 Damage

Works on Ling and Eliza, but haven't tested on other Females yet. I'd wager it works fine. Doesn't work on Bears (WS4 whiffs because of their crumple animation), but does work on Jack. Seems to work on all the male cast otherwise.

100% consistent other than the bears in my experience. 4 more damage than the ballroom dance follow up. (FC d/f 214, etc)

Blah!! Just found another from the Drunken headbutt.

Drunken b+1+2, U, WS4, F+31, FF2, FF34. 67 Damage. Still doesn't work on bears.

Last edited by DomesticBlend on Sep 24th, 2018 at 11:45

Ultimat
Iron Fist God
PSN: FireKungFuHero
#55 “Quote” Edit Post
Here are a couple of thsee I came up with:

u/f+3+4, d/f~WS+2,1 , 3~b, PHX b+4,4

u/f+3+4, d/f~WS+2, f+1, 1+2,1 , BT 4,1 , f,f+3,4

Also, this one may be unorthadox, but I find this on really intriguing:

(close) BT DRU 3,2,4 , BT+1 , BT+1 , BT 4,1, f,f+3,4

Last edited by Ultimat on Sep 30th, 2018 at 08:18

Signature [Lei2]Drunken Kung Fu and Chinese Kung Fu Rules!!!Right Guys?

YEAH!!!
Ultimat
Iron Fist God
PSN: FireKungFuHero
#56 “Quote” Edit Post
This a really good optimal combo off of BT+4,4:

BT+4,4, f+2, f,n,4,1~f, TGR 2,2, dash f,f+3,4

BT+4,4, f+3,1, b+3, PHX 3~4,4

BT+4,4, f+3,1, f,f+2, f,f+3,4
Signature [Lei2]Drunken Kung Fu and Chinese Kung Fu Rules!!!Right Guys?

YEAH!!!
okizieme
Kyu
#57 “Quote” Edit Post
I think you mean from BT 4,3. 4,4 does nothing combo wise and its not even hit confirmable neither. :-)

Originally posted by Ultimat
This a really good optimal combo off of BT+4,4:

BT+4,4, f+2, f,n,4,1~f, TGR 2,2, dash f,f+3,4

BT+4,4, f+3,1, b+3, PHX 3~4,4

BT+4,4, f+3,1, f,f+2, f,f+3,4
gettingfood
Raijin
#58 “Quote” Edit Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIqDxUkPN4U

Need help making this is set up more reliable and testing. If we can get this to work, it would help annoy our opponents.

On left axis opponent

df2 b4,1 S! ss3+4 (right) BT d4

They seem unable to block the d4. At times to gives a full combo, if they just hold back. Will beat out get up kick clean. They're some other stuff to but I'm going to flush it out more before sharing.