Tekken 7: Steve Changes and Discussion

Page Splits 1...<212223
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Silv3r
Kyu
#441 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm looking for a dedicated & upto date Steve Fox area of discussion?

Most of the information in this part of Zaibatsu is now redundant due to patch updates to the modern game.

Regards,

Silver

Last edited by Silv3r on Jun 15th, 2017 at 13:55

Toshinjin
Nooblet.
PSN: foxlyfe
#442 “Quote” Edit Post
https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey

Check Flying Wonkey's twitter account, up the top of the page is a link to the Tekken Zaibatsu Discord.
Signature
Digons
Tekken Lord Black
XBL: DigonsKiller
#443 “Quote” Edit Post
I need general tips on how to play with Steve. i'm going to try to squeeze what I can from that question so that it will be better for you guys to help me.

i've played with Lei before (he wasn't my main, but I was pretty effective with him), but learning how to play with him was pretty much as hard as giving birth to a child. And it seems (not sure) that learning Steve will be almost the same thing.

I went for his best moves, without the stances, and you know it's not enough. SO I went to his stances and everything, learned his best moves, some simple combos (yes, I once gave up on this character because of his combos)...but I don't know how to apply. there are just to much information, mainly on FLK and PAB stances. When to transition into those stances effectively? Probably when you hit with a move that goes into it, but if they block 2,1 and if I transition into FLK or PAB, a jab won't be enough to stop the fastest option from those stances.

Also, in a real match, I won't have the time to THINK on which move to perform. I main Jin (since my shrek isn't on this game) and he only has 2 stances with minor differences to him. It has a few moves from it, but in a real match, my flowchart simply, well, flows very well and I get good results.

So, if I just keep punching my way through the amount of moves he has from his stances, am I going to be able to perform well, or is there some sort of ''trick'' to it?

Also, Steve is the ONLY character on the game who I get confused watching...hope I was able to be at least clear with my questions.
Signature Asuka's ass...

I would pay 100$ to play with Ancient Ogre on FR
Revelations
Shihan
#444 “Quote” Edit Post
Why is it surprising (for at least tekken commentators) when steve gets a showing in a top 16 of a TWT event? Why did he go from one of the 4 gods of tekken near the start of FR to almost a no show now?
Signature Mishimas Fighting!!
DA!!
DORYAH!!
SERIYA!!
Ashesfall
Fighter
#445 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Revelations
Why is it surprising (for at least tekken commentators) when steve gets a showing in a top 16 of a TWT event? Why did he go from one of the 4 gods of tekken near the start of FR to almost a no show now?

people only cried because of the ext.dckf2 situation until they found out its not that bad to deal with
(not to forget they took out the followup from vanilla - i agree with btw)

ws launch starts at 18frames (not great damage for 18f - you want to punish staggers with his uf2)
standing launch at 17frames and -13 (iflk 1d1 not breaindead easy - dont work on slight left axis ...)

weak b12 and df1+2 punish for 13-14frames
(btw his b12 does less damage than his 112, in tt2 it was the other way around)

uf2 22frames and still -14, why uf4(23f) is also still -14 is a riddle to me

dck2 is a worse version of leos bok2
his ws12 also got outclassed with leos ws41+2

steves ff2 is still -13mOC while with no bound to tekken7 its a hard system nerf
in compare watch how jack spam(!!!) ff1 with the same propertys just safe and elbow
or bobs ff2 same propertys but safe and wallsplat

nin (legendary korean steve player) said evo17, he wants to drop steve ...

so while steve is kinda all the time the same, the rest of the cast just got more tools and they are easier to play (very important factor in tournaments)

ps: his new pabf21 is also just a gimmick or combo ender
you have 16frames(!) of a window to interrupt, pabf2 is -13 mid ... do the math

edit: some extra rant about his "backswingblow"
why is steves pab,b2 -14m? only KND on NH and CH

lets compare
lars db1+2 -14m CH launch
lilis b1+2 -14m CH launch
fengs bf1 -15m CH launch (crazy backswing to avoid)
drags qcb2 -15m NH launcher

back to steve, you need to be in stance (usually a reason to have a benefit, see hwo)
not for steve tho his backswing is the worst in the game ...
---
to be fair his flk,b2 into ff2 is a strong PC
topic PC: his db1+2 mid PC is -18(!) btw. it can grant you a big followup wallspat but its not really fast (36frames lol)
(i would trade it with lilis ff2 (-17m NH launcher) anyday)

edit2: his RageDrive is in my opinion one of the worse, on the other hand his RageArt is great with 13frames (high)

---
why i still main steve? pure character loyalty and because no bruce/marduk

Last edited by Ashesfall on Aug 9th, 2017 at 11:03

Signature "let me enter and be the worst nightmare for Iron Fist 7, please Heihachi" (Season 3 lets go)
- "Demon" Geese - "SpecialForce" Josie -
- "WarMachine" Bryan - "Brawler" Steve -
Revelations
Shihan
#446 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ashesfall
people only cried because of the ext.dckf2 situation until they found out its not that bad to deal with
(not to forget they took out the followup from vanilla - i agree with btw)

ws launch starts at 18frames (not great damage for 18f - you want to punish staggers with his uf2)
standing launch at 17frames and -13 (iflk 1d1 not breaindead easy - dont work on slight left axis ...)

weak b12 and df1+2 punish for 13-14frames
(btw his b12 does less damage than his 112, in tt2 it was the other way around)

uf2 22frames and still -14, why uf4(23f) is also still -14 is a riddle to me

dck2 is a worse version of leos bok2
his ws12 also got outclassed with leos ws41+2

steves ff2 is still -13mOC while with no bound to tekken7 its a hard system nerf
in compare watch how jack spam(!!!) ff1 with the same propertys just safe and elbow
or bobs ff2 same propertys but safe and wallsplat

nin (legendary korean steve player) said evo17, he wants to drop steve ...

so while steve is kinda all the time the same, the rest of the cast just got more tools and they are easier to play (very important factor in tournaments)

ps: his new pabf21 is also just a gimmick or combo ender
you have 16frames(!) of a window to interrupt, pabf2 is -13 mid ... do the math

edit: some extra rant about his "backswingblow"
why is steves pab,b2 -14m? only KND on NH and CH

lets compare
lars db1+2 -14m CH launch
lilis b1+2 -14m CH launch
fengs bf1 -15m CH launch (crazy backswing to avoid)
drags qcb2 -15m NH launcher

back to steve, you need to be in stance (usually a reason to have a benefit, see hwo)
not for steve tho his backswing is the worst in the game ...
---
to be fair his flk,b2 into ff2 is a strong PC
topic PC: his db1+2 mid PC is -18(!) btw. it can grant you a big followup wallspat but its not really fast (36frames lol)
(i would trade it with lilis ff2 (-17m NH launcher) anyday)

edit2: his RageDrive is in my opinion one of the worse, on the other hand his RageArt is great with 13frames (high)

---
why i still main steve? pure character loyalty and because no bruce/marduk

Wow ok lol. Putting him in that prospective makes him look rather weak. What does the ext part of ext.duck2 mean?
Signature Mishimas Fighting!!
DA!!
DORYAH!!
SERIYA!!
S2_Dotoring
Broken mess
#447 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Revelations
Wow ok lol. Putting him in that prospective makes him look rather weak. What does the ext part of ext.duck2 mean?

The blue spark moves
Signature t7 sux
Neverfade
Kyu
#448 “Quote” Edit Post
Yo guys, dunno if this is the place to ask but..

Just wondering why a lot of Steve players duck again after their F+2 screw in combos then follow up. It seems a lot easier to just F+2 screw, then dash in and follow up? Is there some reasoning behind this? For example..

u/f+2, d/f+1~2,1~b, f+3, f+2 S!~DUCK, dash... ender
VS.
u/f+2, d/f+1~2,1~b, f+3, f+2 S!, dash... ender

It seems way easier and more consistent to not duck again after the F+2 to follow up?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
JuStBlAzEiTuP
Iron Fist God
PSN: Warm_Rhino_Poo
#449 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Neverfade
Yo guys, dunno if this is the place to ask but..

Just wondering why a lot of Steve players duck again after their F+2 screw in combos then follow up. It seems a lot easier to just F+2 screw, then dash in and follow up? Is there some reasoning behind this? For example..

u/f+2, d/f+1~2,1~b, f+3, f+2 S!~DUCK, dash... ender
VS.
u/f+2, d/f+1~2,1~b, f+3, f+2 S!, dash... ender

It seems way easier and more consistent to not duck again after the F+2 to follow up?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Transitioning into dck recovers quicker. Which makes the combo consistent. Constant cancels are normal for Steve. Plus the dck animation conversion extra ground.
Signature NO PRACTICE= deserving losses
3-0 Done Representative
The Steve of GA
www.gmma.us
Digons
Tekken Lord Black
#450 “Quote” Edit Post
This may be a difficult question, but what is the ''list'' of moves that go into his dck stance? Frame datas don't show it...
Signature Asuka's ass...

S2_Dotoring
Broken mess
#451 “Quote” Edit Post
df1
df1,2 (cancel, only df1 comes out)
df2
d2,1
d2~1
ws1,1
ws2
duck f2
extduck f2
Signature t7 sux
Digons
Tekken Lord Black
#452 “Quote” Edit Post
Thank you so much, my man (why am I not surprised? You are everywhere on this forum)
Signature Asuka's ass...

Nameless03
Legend
#453 “Quote” Edit Post
What are some good moves after W! f21~f PAB uf2? It flips them over FDFA and technically leaves them position, but I can't seem to make it work:

1. They don't tech. Mixup between stuff like db2/PAB d2/d1+2/FLK 2, etc.
2. They tech. Here's the problem. The tech from the PAB uf2 flip seems to cover more distance, and you can very easily end up with your back to the wall instead. If you don't expect them to tech and do any of the options from #1, and they end up teching, you whiff, and now you're in a disadvantage with your back to the wall. The right answer here seems to be to predict that they will tech, and run up to mix up with db32/whatever mid stuff.

The problem is that there is no common move that is applicable for both scenarios, and if you guess wrong it may harm more than help. Or maybe I'm doing all of this wrong. Any tips?
Signature (+Loss)Mercury