remaining characters,I think these will make it #2

Page Splits 1...<2930313233>...34
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Chinky-Eye
Iron Fist God
#601 “Quote” Edit Post
At this point, I could really use another floor break stage and another infinite stage. I wouldn't mind new generic customs. If they threw in Ganny and Zafina on top, I would probably purchase if the price was reasonable.
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#602 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fernandito
Still baffles me that some of you folks do really belive a season 3 will be a real thing, because evo prices will be very high this year; because of this because of that...

Really?, and what characters do you think they will give us.., Ganryu and Zafina and Bruce?

Really?

I thought I made a pretty convincing argument for Season 3 in the Season 3 Speculation thread. Where's your arguement, other than "haw-haw" and "you're crazy" ?

Devs themselves suggested the possibility. On top of that, they're amping up the hype around TWT. This is superb bait for catching more suckers to buy Season passes. I don't see why they'd not use this to make more money from a Season3.
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] for T7!
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#603 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dodecadozen
I thought I made a pretty convincing argument for Season 3 in the Season 3 Speculation thread. Where's your arguement, other than "haw-haw" and "you're crazy" ?
I like the second argument I choose that one then.

Jokes aside now:
a) Because they probably don't see much profit on Zafina, Ganryu and Bruce. The sure think they won't pay off the effort of remaking and making them T7 approved.

b) Because they have probably started working on next project two years ago, and next they might make their announcement.

c) Because of Bamco's curriculum and story. It is the safest way to think they have abandoned t7 already after season 2. This point has a lot to do with b) too.

d) Because you folks that support this wish of yours and do really believe in it are gonna end up being very dissapointed, as we could have it no other way.

On a side note, I don't udnerstand the theory. I have seen Harada in that video and by any means he is suggesting s3 will be a reality, pretty much the opposite. The Murray Doll™ is just a tool, bordering in a nobody in that team. Don't believe one word he speaks.

Originally posted by dodecadozen Devs themselves suggested the possibility.
Harada is a troll. Memory don't serve some of you well. Not only that, because that was far from being any suggestion at least coming from Harada. The Doll™ is just a Doll.

Originally posted by dodecadozen I don't see why they'd not use this to make more money from a Season3.
Refer to the first part of this reply.
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: DinoTheDonDaDa
#604 “Quote” Edit Post
I like the second argument I choose that one then.

Jokes aside now:
a) Because they probably don't see much profit on Zafina, Ganryu and Bruce. The sure think they won't pay off the effort of remaking and making them T7 approved.

b) Because they have probably started working on next project two years ago, and next they might make their announcement.

c) Because of Bamco's curriculum and story. It is the safest way to think they have abandoned t7 already after season 2. This point has a lot to do with b) too.

d) Because you folks that support this wish of yours and do really believe in it are gonna end up being very dissapointed, as we could have it no other way.

On a side note, I don't udnerstand the theory. I have seen Harada in that video and by any means he is suggesting s3 will be a reality, pretty much the opposite. The Murray Doll™ is just a tool, bordering in a nobody in that team. Don't believe one word he speaks.

Harada is a troll. Memory don't serve some of you well. Not only that, because that was far from being any suggestion at least coming from Harada. The Doll™ is just a Doll.

Refer to the first part of this reply.

a) You and some others may not be intrigued by the other possible retuning characters, but to say their isn’t profit potential is a heavy assumption. You are also negating a guest or a new character. You’re also negating costumes and other things that could be packaged.

b). More than likely that announcement will happen at TWT.

c). Kind of naive to not factor how Tekken is at a peek in Esports. I don’t think they could have predictided the growing attention the game is receiving. Kind of odd to believe they will operate under the same routine instead of continuing support.

d) I doubt anyone speculating about a season 3 care that deeply about it. When the new game is announced , that’s when the speculation ends. You would be more upset if Season 3 is announced more than likely.
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#605 “Quote” Edit Post

People can just forget Zafina already. That character is a tragedy. And even though I hate to say this, we already have lady Bruce. So, I don't see the point in putting non-lady Bruce back unless they drastically rework his movelist.

IIRC, Kunimitsu was a fairly popular character. There's always the nostalgia bait JUN. Wang or Ganryu have unique styles despite previously being unpopular. They'd atleast add variety. Or they could also introduce another new character, though I'd hate that. Maybe one of the Tekken Mobile characters.

I would love to see Dr.B and Roger Jr back though.

As for guest characters... with Negan, they've shown that they would gladly put in characters that you'd never imagine to fit in tekken. So, that opens up a lot of possibilities. Thomas the Train could be real.

Their next project has been in the works for almost a decade now. TxSF. But i don't see an announcement happening until next year at the earliest because that would divert people's attention away from Tekken 7, which is showing many signs of still holding milk in it's udders.

Well, yeah. If we're talking about protecting our fragile feelings from getting hurt, then better to think they abandoned the game already.

But since we're talking about trying to make a prediction here, we'll have to firm up those flaccid feelings and bravely look the facts and circumstances in the eye.

Honestly, I'm not wishing for a season 3. I'd hate to pay for more content. I'm still holding out on buying Season2.

But as a thick skulled fan of the series and a hoping fool, I'd like to see them take the opportunity with S3 to alleviate some of the disappointment with the game.

On a side note, I don't udnerstand the theory. I have seen Harada in that video and by any means he is suggesting s3 will be a reality, pretty much the opposite.

Harada's words when asked about the possibility of S3: I'd like to continue if possible.

He further says: It's not like we don't have a plan. We'd like to consider a variety of possibilities.

Means they're strategizing on how to fish your wallet out again.

Harada is a troll. Memory don't serve some of you well. Not only that, because that was far from being any suggestion at least coming from Harada.

Yeah, Harada is a troll. But that doesn't mean he's a troll all the time. I haven't forgotten the double cross of asking me to pay for S2 characters.

But unlike the free characters fiasco, here, we're talking about more profit for Harada. Why would he troll about that?

Last edited by dodecadozen on Mar 16th, 2019 at 06:28

Ashesfall
Fighter
#606 “Quote” Edit Post
And even though I hate to say this, we already have lady Bruce. So, I don't see the point in putting non-lady Bruce back unless they drastically rework his movelist.

i am sad reading this from you with even a Bruce icon in your Sig.
i wont go in detail but Bruce is so NOT Josie!
is your imagination of introducing a Iron Fist Muay Thai legend back to the game with a hype new default to weak, to see it trigger fighting fans?
(his story: i hope he quits his army and his bodyguard job, and went full training mode. mentally prepared after seeing Tekken 7 going into round 2 without him)

Their next project has been in the works for almost a decade now. TxSF. But i don't see an announcement happening until next year at the earliest because that would divert people's attention away from Tekken 7, which is showing many signs of still holding milk in it's udders.

for me a reason why i think sc6 was released to early
it kinda feels like releasing injustice 3 only one year after MK11
(same company in mind)
you cannibalize your own audience, kinda

Yeah, Harada is a troll. But that doesn't mean he's a troll all the time. I haven't forgotten the double cross of asking me to pay for S2 characters.
But unlike the free characters fiasco, here, we're talking about more profit for Harada. Why would he troll about that?

but you play games(!) for fun, right?
harada=namco=company=money maker
(content wont be done by itself after release, the key is price/value ratio)
i like tekken 7 a lot, i buy season 3 day one ^^

-----
i would like to see in Tekken7:

these are the one i would actually also play not just "want":
- the obvious Bruce "Muay Thai" Irvan (who cant be replaced by a girl!)
- mysterious Masked Kunimitsu, sneaking into the Iron Fist
- Ancient Ogre (the older Brother of Kotal Khan (MKX he got fans there)) feels the power of Geese, Akuma and Negan, he for sure wants to compete with the strongest! (i am really in love with Ancient Ogres f1+2 move, make it please 16f with tekken7 thanks )
- same counts for Jinpatchi

the one i dont mind to see come back but wont play:
- Ganryu (just to represent this unique Martial Arts)
- Wang (just to have a old and and wise Martial Arts Master in the Roster)

"fan-service":
- Jun
- Zafina
- Raven/Christie/Tiger ("Premium Skin")
- Beak (He was in Tekken2 one of my "mains" lol, mashing the "kick buttons" was to much fun )

dont want to see in t7:
(i am just not to much into "troll" stuff)
- Roger/Alex
- Dr.B

wont come back:
- Mokujin (because of 2 reason, first game engine to load all move sets and meter system for some fighters)

-----
Guest Fighters:
Many ideas ... topic for a different time ^^
one on my top spots tho: RAOH - Fist of the North Star
Intro: he is coming in on his Horse stepping down, calm and slowly

why i did not pick Kenshiro? because Tekken7 is going "bad boys route" ^^

ps: soon Tekken7 will have so many badass guest fighters, i will actually start to hope tekken8 wont happen - just overhaul tekken7 like league did once with their engine.
Signature "let me enter and be the worst nightmare for Iron Fist 7, please Heihachi" (Season 3 lets go)
- "Demon" Geese - "SpecialForce" Josie -
- "WarMachine" Bryan - "Brawler" Steve -
Miss Rochefort
Iron Fist God
PSN: PrincessLiLi_
#607 “Quote” Edit Post
Honestly, I'm not wishing for a season 3. I'd hate to pay for more content. I'm still holding out on buying Season2.

I own season 1 and 2, but I don't want a season 3.

Here is 6 reasons, why I want T8 ASAP.

1) The gameplay is not as fun and as deep as T6 and TTT2.

2) Worst customization ever.

3) Worst hair quality.

4) The Character models look like dolls compared to T6 & TTT2 and I hate that, another step down.

5) Super boring stage designs. T6 had a snow stage with foot-prints. T6 had two stages with water, the jungle and the underground stage.

6) Getting dirt, is removed. It was a new feature in TTT2
Signature 1st main: 2nd main:
#Anna4T7 or will it be in Tekken 8?
Originally posted by Climbing Dragon
Obviously I will recognize Steve, Drag and Feng as Lili's superiors when it comes to overall performance.
Ashesfall
Fighter
#608 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Miss Rochefort
1) The gameplay is not as fun and as deep as T6 and TTT2.

i think the gameplay is THE key "feature" why it runs so well
and i would say T7 is as deep as T6 but from a different view (like new mechanics to remember (PC,RA,RD,WB!) + totally different fightsystems on top (geese,akuma/eliza))

for me, i like both but taste cant be argued

2) Worst customization ever.

(sadly) i have to agree ... but its nice we can pick colors like that, not common in games to be so "free" (still even the color select could be better ...)
but my point is, why not make it part of season 3? and AFTER season 3 we wont see any seasons anymore BUT costumes, for people still in love with the game and part of that money goes towards TWT, how does that sounds to you all?
(kinda off topic but it kinda is all connected)

3) Worst hair quality.
4) The Character models look like dolls compared to T6 & TTT2 and I hate that, another step down.
5) Super boring stage designs. T6 had a snow stage with foot-prints. T6 had two stages with water, the jungle and the underground stage.
6) Getting dirt, is removed. It was a new feature in TTT2

again, something that could be also addressed with a "overhaul" style. (league did this for example)

ps: i am also still sad about no dirt when tt2 had it, very nice detail
Signature "let me enter and be the worst nightmare for Iron Fist 7, please Heihachi" (Season 3 lets go)
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#609 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ashesfall
i am sad reading this from you with even a Bruce icon in your Sig.
i wont go in detail but Bruce is so NOT Josie!

You know I know Josie =\= Bruce. But considering the general playstyle, they are similar.

For Bruce to be a meaningful addition to T7, he needs some significant changes.

is your imagination of introducing a Iron Fist Muay Thai legend back to the game with a hype new default to weak, to see it trigger fighting fans?

Honestly, yeah, I can't imagine fans being too excited if they bring Bruce back with only gameplay changes that are bare minimum to work in T7. I want Bruce to get a good overhaul. Just a new default costume will not be enough.

I had put my thoughts on this here.

but you play games(!) for fun, right?
harada=namco=company=money maker
(content wont be done by itself after release, the key is price/value ratio)
i like tekken 7 a lot, i buy season 3 day one ^^

In my case, I don't consider Tekken7 to be a satisfactory purchase. it's not a fun enough game for me. So, I'm really not inclined to put more money into it than I already have. If I buy the other seasons, it will have to be on heavy discount.... unless they do something extraordinary with Season 3 content.

Last edited by dodecadozen on Mar 18th, 2019 at 08:03

tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#610 “Quote” Edit Post
For Bruce to be a meaningful addition to T7, he needs some significant changes.
Exactly, and that realistically ain't happening.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
Ashesfall
Fighter
#611 “Quote” Edit Post
... because Anna is so meaningful to the roster?
(no offence, actually)

i mean, i just try (a little) to keep this game in talk
if Tekken7 Season2 is the Final Final state, so be it.
this market has so many games, i am not worried ^^
i just point it out, that i would buy/support more content

anyways i guess in TT2 Bruce was just totally Overpowered, Broken and a fear in the scene and therefore he was in one year in the Top3 pick-rate in arcade
(before Bryan, lets not even mention anna/lei to not cause tears ...)
(sorry dont have the link but i am sure i saw it - was in japanese)

i just want to say, IF we get a Season3, i dont see why they would not add Bruce
and because even Harada said he would like to see more content (if he even means t7) i go out and say what i would like to see - feedback basically ...

ps: (Gameplay argue) can we delete 3 mishimas because one character with wavedash should be enough ...
(no dont do it, i like everyone ^^)
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#612 “Quote” Edit Post
Don't get me wrong man. I want to see Bruce back too. I wouldn't have made that thread to discuss Bruce if I didn't want him back. I just want them to sufficiently differentiate him from Josie.

... because Anna is so meaningful to the roster?
(no offence, actually)

ps: (Gameplay argue) can we delete 3 mishimas because one character with wavedash should be enough

Come on. Anna diverged from Nina a long time ago. People who play Nina can't automatically play well with Anna too. And vice versa.

Same goes for mishimas.

But I'm sure you know that you can approach Josie's gameplay the same way as bruce. I mean Bruce players can quickly get comfortable with Josie. A lot of her moves are functionally similar to bruce, and some are even improved compared to Bruce. I mean she's a better Bruce. Only people like you and me who really liked Bruce feel sad about the missing b+2, u\f+3, CD+1, b+1,2,1, d+3+4, the ff+4 cancel, and stuff.

In essence, Josie got a lot of bruce's best qualities... and also got improvements over it. So, if the devs want to bring back Bruce, there's no good point unless they change up his gameplay style to differentiate him from josie.

i mean, i just try (a little) to keep this game in talk
if Tekken7 Season2 is the Final Final state, so be it.
this market has so many games, i am not worried ^^
i just point it out, that i would buy/support more content

Me not buying more T7 content is just a personal thing. I'm not saying people are wrong to buy it. If people are happy with the game, let them buy more of it.
Ashesfall
Fighter
#613 “Quote” Edit Post
But I'm sure you know that you can approach Josie's gameplay the same way as bruce. I mean Bruce players can quickly get comfortable with Josie. A lot of her moves are functionally similar to bruce, and some are even improved compared to Bruce. I mean she's a better Bruce. Only people like you and me who really liked Bruce feel sad about the missing b+2, u\f+3, CD+1, b+1,2,1, d+3+4, the ff+4 cancel, and stuff.

+ his idle stance
+ his character
+ devastating clinch multithrow
+ bf4(most evil Knee in Tekken),ff2(this move feels very satisfying on a fist-trade),b3 ch = animation for the gods,

now with his own RA(one of those 13f high), RD(no cd motion) and PC, i actually dont think you need that drastic of a change
and only because josie is better doesnt say anything in how they introduce Bruce to t7

anyways this quote made me smile while talking here

KingJae Podcast 3 - LINK

PokChop on Bruce to Tekken7

~33:48
Pok: "[...] not Bruce THE Bruce ... you aint gotta ask that question"
King: "IF Bruce came back"
Pok: "He aint coming back ... but ... thaaat hoole caast would be dropt!!! ... even Negan, i am sorry, bye lucille"

Bruce fans are out there, not just you and me ^^

edit: his RD b2 hold (like fengs shoulder) +5 on block with pushback NH launcher
sounds fun to me

Last edited by Ashesfall on Mar 18th, 2019 at 14:50

SSfox
Foxstepman
#614 “Quote” Edit Post
If they will want to bring back Bruce they will end of story, clone or not, it will mostly depend on the demand for the character.

If they'll make him as cool as S2 characters he may be super cool, my main hope if they'll bring him back is that he will be as all as Tall as he was in Tekken 2 and not like the normal medium height T5/T6 Bruce this one didn't looked like Bruce to me tbh lol Make him taller than the most of the cast like Kaz, Steve, Bryan and cie. Imo Making Bruce as tall as most of the cast really took away from the character in T5 and 6.

Give him some hair update that make him more badass, maybe more tatoos because it kind of fit this kind of character, and MOSTLY, make HIM TALL like in Tekken 2 AKA The original BRUCE. (and the only Bruce that i know personally lol)

Idea for Hair Update:

DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
#615 “Quote” Edit Post
edit: his RD b2 hold (like fengs shoulder) +5 on block with pushback NH launcher
sounds fun to me

Lmao.... hell no.... I’d welcome Bruce back, but not with some BS like that
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#616 “Quote” Edit Post
now with his own RA(one of those 13f high), RD(no cd motion) and PC, i actually dont think you need that drastic of a change
and only because josie is better doesnt say anything in how they introduce Bruce to t7

RA and RD only come into play at the end of the rounds. So that's not gonna make a big impact on his general gameplan.

But I'll admit they can get creative with making his power crush. I can imagine them making his b+3 a PC that knocks down on normal hit rather than counter hit. They could also give him a static defensive move like what the guy in red shorts is doing here. It could work similar to gigas's d+3+4 PC.... or it could go into a stance on being hit.

And they would put in a handful of new moves like they've done for every returning character. That would help to a little extent.

But still, I say he needs big changes from his Tag2 self. Because Josie shares too many moves with Bruce.

Josie's best and most used moves would overlap hugely with Bruce's.
1,4,3, u\f+3+4, f+2,4, hopkick, 3,2, while rising 2,1, f+3+4, d+4, b+1+2, crouching d\f+4 etc.
So, most people would pretty much use the same moves for both characters most of the time.

If they brought bruce back with minimal changes, how would he be different in general gameplay style from Josie? Why would someone pick one character over the other if both play similarly? People would just start calling Bruce a male Josie. Also, Josie has the added advantage of boobs as far as appeal goes.

More importantly, why would people in general care to buy Bruce when they already have Josie? If Bruce doesn't appeal more than Josie to people, sales would suffer.

Would you agree that this is an issue that needs to be addressed?

Originally posted by SSfox
Give him some hair update that make him more badass

Speaking of hair update and Tekken2, I wanna see his balding dreadhawk gone and his T2 mohawk back.
Ashesfall
Fighter
#617 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DinoTheDonDaDa
Lmao.... hell no.... I’d welcome Bruce back, but not with some BS like that

lol? BS?
it would be 17frames
yoshis cd1+2 is 14f +2 pushback NH launcher (can be buffered to be use as a punisher)
steves df2+3 14f +7 pushback NH launcher
etc.

i dont see it as BS in any way but its getting way out of topic

ps: @ssfox yes, hair like that would be welcome
(hand bandage with glasses as a item too )

so many ideas ^^

edit:
Why would someone pick one character over the other if both play similarly?
[...]
Would you agree that this is an issue that needs to be addressed?

you should ask this to eddy and christie mains, such a different audience and yet true clons in gameplay

sometimes it looks to me, some only see the gameplay but everything else not
how about presentation, appeal, appearance as THE reason to play a fighter?

your PC idea sounds fun, i thought so too

Last edited by Ashesfall on Mar 18th, 2019 at 18:34

dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#618 “Quote” Edit Post
you should ask this to eddy and christie mains, such a different audience and yet true clons in gameplay

sometimes it looks to me, some only see the gameplay but everything else not
how about presentation, appeal, appearance as THE reason to play a fighter?

I agree. But looking at it from a developer's point of view, things look different. When we're talking about the devs charging for characters, there's naturally gonna be more variables in the equation. Such as sales numbers. Profit.

They need to make sure they have a market for what they're selling. Is only appealing to Bruce fans enough? How many Bruce fans are there really? And how many Bruce fans will even buy the character this late in the lifespan of the game? Or can they try to appeal to a wider audience and get more sales in? Would trying to appeal to a wider audience for an old character even be a worthwhile investment this late into T7's existence?

If they released cristie in S3, would people still buy the character knowing it's a 90% eddie clone? I don't think so. The sex appeal alone would have very few takers. But if they changed her enough for the majority of people to perceive her as being different from Eddie, I think sales would be much better.

In the end, it's the gameplay that people keep coming back for.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#619 “Quote” Edit Post

ps: @ssfox yes, hair like that would be welcome
(hand bandage with glasses as a item too )

so many ideas ^^

Oh yeah this would be dope.

Bruce has a lot of potential tbh, and Muay-thaï is one of the sickest Martial arts ever, but Bruce's T5/6 design didn't clicked with me and i wasn't too much into it, while i was a lot into Bruce in Tekken 2, something didn't felt right about his evolution and not much organic coming from T2 to T5, but if they were able to make AK and Marduk sicker than ever they may be able to do same with Bruce.

dodecadozen : Would be great idea to be a part of his classic outfit.
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
#620 “Quote” Edit Post
@Ashesfall bruh.... B2 is possibly the most annoying thing about Bruce....matter fact, it is the most annoying thing, no debate.....Half of the reason I support Josie, her B2 isn't cheesy.... 17f safe mid hitting counter tool, good riddance...... in a return, for a rage drive, hope they would give Bruce something more creative than boosting his most spammy move