Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Rlpp
Kyu
PSN: Mage129
XBL: Rlpp
#161 “Quote” Edit Post
Moving my question to the general thread

Been playing alot of M. raven, just curious, let's say if someone block 4,1 b22,db2,etc and I am back-turned. If they just do a down jab, is it guaranteed?

I tried to hold db, uf4, f1+2 and I always get hit. (And assuming these moves already move you closer to the opponent). The only thing that might work is b1+3 for me.

Appreciate the insight.
Baron West
Iron Fist God
#162 “Quote” Edit Post
I believe Adam0 mentioned that SS3 was removed and Tyler2k mention that df3+4 was removed. However no one mention that ff,n,3+4 has also been removed. The first two not much of a loss, per se, but the removal of ff,n,3+4 is unfortunate.

Originally posted by Rezz
Does anybody know what her best string to use if you wind up behind your opp? Right now I'm thinking it's 3,3,4.

They can duck the third hit of that string. b+2,2,3 is the max guaranteed damage I am aware of.

Originally posted by Rlpp

Been playing alot of M. raven, just curious, let's say if someone block 4,1 b22,db2,etc and I am back-turned. If they just do a down jab, is it guaranteed?

No, as you mentioned b+1+3 will always reverse the crouch jabs.

Last edited by Baron West on Jul 13th, 2017 at 02:16

Signature An ounce of practice is generally worth more than a ton of theory.

My Youtube

AH-KU
Kyu
#163 “Quote” Edit Post
Anyone know decent oki/tech-punish options for Raven to keep pressure on the opponent? Particularly after landing her RA as there's a chance you'll find yourself with your back against the wall. I usually use df4,4,3 ,which hits if the opponent tech rolls, & then follow up with BT ff+3+4~F but that's not always guaranteed. HAZ 2 can work as well in that situation but you'd need to have read your opponent correctly.
Signature You're better off playing for fun than constantly suffering in the pursuit of perfection
Gandido
Test Before You Post
PSN: Gandido787
#164 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rlpp

No. f+3+4 is an offensive option that is beats out low jab and is meant to do as such. Whenever you're in BT, you have to think mainly in terms of "I am beating out your option with this" instead of I'm going to block because you're naturally in backturn.

You should be able to block the low jab using u/b~b to cancel the animation, or maybe even just pressing b+3+4 to go back into front. Another thing you can try is holding d/b to make M.Raven slide away while in backturn and cause them to whiff, usually creating an opening for a WS1. Don't know if this will happen for low jab.

Hope this helps. Will test myself later today if you want.
Signature "Chance favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

Evolution 2008 Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Runner-Up
CheshireMoose
Kyu
#165 “Quote” Edit Post
What is the notation for Maven's wavedash? I've been spamming qcf but it's not as fast as I see pro players do it. Also, how do you get FC df3+4 to come out from crouch dash?
KNITEMAREX
Lone Wolf
#166 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by CheshireMoose
What is the notation for Maven's wavedash? I've been spamming qcf but it's not as fast as I see pro players do it.

Originally posted by KNITEMAREX
qcf~u~qcf~u...

Originally posted by CheshireMoose
Also, how do you get FC df3+4 to come out from crouch dash?

Input d,d/f,d,d/f+3+4
CheshireMoose
Kyu
#167 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by KNITEMAREX
Input d,d/f,d,d/f+3+4

I finally got it, yes these are the exact inputs, thank you very much.

Last edited by CheshireMoose on Jul 15th, 2017 at 04:08

D3TROITR3D 2K
5th Dan
XBL: D3TROITR3D 2K
#168 “Quote” Edit Post
Does anyone know the details of a "jumping 4" she has? Its a 25 DMG launcher that I cannot find in the frame data. Its seems I can only do it if I press uf+4 from crouch, or jump up and press 4 on the way down. It looks like Lee or Kings jump 4.
Signature There's nothing to see here...
Baron West
Iron Fist God
#169 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by D3TROITR3D 2K
Does anyone know the details of a "jumping 4" she has? Its a 25 DMG launcher that I cannot find in the frame data. Its seems I can only do it if I press uf+4 from crouch, or jump up and press 4 on the way down. It looks like Lee or Kings jump 4.

It's called a delayed hopkick. The command is uf,n,4. Most characters with an uf+4 hopkick have one, and some characters who don't have hopkicks, like Maven, Kaz, Gigas, Drag, Eddy et cetera have one. They are -13 on block and if I recall correctly around 22-24 frames except for Law. It is a great option for getting more damage than a standard low parry.

My Youtube

D3TROITR3D 2K
5th Dan
#170 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Baron West
It's called a delayed hopkick. The command is uf,n,4. Most characters with an uf+4 hopkick have one, and some characters who don't have hopkicks, like Maven, Kaz, Gigas, Drag, Eddy et cetera have one. They are -13 on block and if I recall correctly around 22-24 frames except for Law. It is a great option for getting more damage than a standard low parry.

Thanks!! That's good info. I was practicing her dashes into the df+4 series and it happened. May be a glitch where if you go up to uf from the dash and immediately press df that hopkick gets thrown out. Maybe its buffering the uf... I'll have to test it more.
LP SPARDA
Iron Fist God
PSN: DIGGS-86
#171 “Quote” Edit Post
HI GUYS! Im a Jin Player and I noticed the "white hole" technique when I was going through her move set. What is the use of it? It looks to me like a cancel from the stances that offer it but I am not a raven main. thanks in advance!
Signature I am DIGGS-86. The Red Electric Lord.
Please check out my YouTube for some creative Jin and Devil jin content!!!
YouTube.com/uppercuts718
https://youtu.be/OMQDZLzLATA
Gandido
Test Before You Post
PSN: Gandido787
#172 “Quote” Edit Post
The only instance I could see for "White Hole" outside of pretty much taunting or gimmicks is when you are doing a combo into a wall using SDW f+242 or b+242, and you notice that the last hit is already going to hit at the wall or that the wall splat from the 4 is going to hit pretty early, you can cancel into white hole instead and have enough time to go into SDW 3+4 u/f+3+4,42 in the wall.
Signature "Chance favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

Evolution 2008 Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Runner-Up
D3TROITR3D 2K
5th Dan
#173 “Quote” Edit Post
Utsusemi Escape is quite a move. I've spent the last week labbing just the b2+4 version and here's some things I've noticed.

1. It recovers in crouch so all the FC and WS moves are at your disposal as soon as you land.

2. During canned strings you can hold back and mash 2+4. If fact, during all blocking motions you can do this.

3. If blocking a canned string it is best to know how many "hits" the combo has. For instance, if you UE the first hit of Kumas G-Clef cannon you will teleport back and EAT the last hit launcher. If you UE the second hit then when you land the launcher will whiff granting a free WS+1 launch.

4. It has a weird glitch that I cannot replicate in practice mode where if an opponent is in rage and you UE certain moves they will lose that equivalent of health. Best example is when I UE a King Shoulder Tackle and he lost the health...also happens on Deathfists but i just can't replicate it so maybe its a glitch.

5. It can counter Rage Drives...I don't know about Rage Arts because I can't set the practice dummy to do it...but it does counter Rage Drives on the first hit, you are vulnerable if it has another that can reach you.

It really has become part of my game with her mostly because once someone sees you do it their mind changes about how to attack you. It really needs more study and appreciation. I lose count an how many combos I get by taking the Utsusemi Escape risk.
Ryder052
6th Dan
PSN: Ryder0252
#174 “Quote” Edit Post
You can cancel last hit of u+3,d+3,3 into an (almost) instant ki charged state by pressing d/b+1+2.

CH HAZ 3 is the best thing to fish for afterwards imo.
Baron West
Iron Fist God
#175 “Quote” Edit Post
The UE cannot reverse Rage Arts. Neither can Yoshi's Supreme Soul Stealer. So far the only character shown to be able to reverse Rage Arts is Geese.

In order to set the Practice Dummy to do Rage Arts go to [Other Settings], [Opponent Rage] then set [On]. Then go to [Action Settings], [CPU Opponent Action 1], [Repeat Action] then make sure to use [Record] then input whatever the command is for the Rage Art.

Depending on the string UE may not always be the best option. Sometimes moves that can be reversed can also be sidestepped then punished. The timing is stricter, but b,b+2 can often get damage in situations where b+2+4 would simply evade, such as against the second hit of Katarina f+2,2.

My Youtube

D3TROITR3D 2K
5th Dan
#176 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Baron West

Depending on the string UE may not always be the best option. Sometimes moves that can be reversed can also be sidestepped then punished. The timing is stricter, but b,b+2 can often get damage in situations where b+2+4 would simply evade, such as against the second hit of Katarina f+2,2.

The point is that b+2+4 is mashable in strings by holding back. b, b+2 is not. Even though they both have similar active windows which I believe is 6-7 frames with a 1 frame start up. B+2+4 also counters EVERYTHING. What I don't know is how many frames she is vulnerable but by old standards its usually about 9 frames, so even if you "miss" the counter window you should still be able to block highs and mids if you are still holding back. Try it out in practice mode, set the dummy to do a string or a 10 hit, hold back and mash 2+4...
D3TROITR3D 2K
5th Dan
#177 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ryder052
You can cancel last hit of u+3,d+3,3 into an (almost) instant ki charged state by pressing d/b+1+2.

CH HAZ 3 is the best thing to fish for afterwards imo.

I thought you could just hold down, unless we're talking about two different moves...
Ryder052
6th Dan
PSN: Ryder0252
#178 “Quote” Edit Post
I thought you could just hold down, unless we're talking about two different moves...

Actually yes, but holding down is somewhat inconsistent for me.
PhineBuyM3
Fujin
#179 “Quote” Edit Post
Utsusemi Escape is quite a move. I've spent the last week labbing just the b2+4 version and here's some things I've noticed.

1. It recovers in crouch so all the FC and WS moves are at your disposal as soon as you land.

2. During canned strings you can hold back and mash 2+4. If fact, during all blocking motions you can do this.

3. If blocking a canned string it is best to know how many "hits" the combo has. For instance, if you UE the first hit of Kumas G-Clef cannon you will teleport back and EAT the last hit launcher. If you UE the second hit then when you land the launcher will whiff granting a free WS+1 launch.

4. It has a weird glitch that I cannot replicate in practice mode where if an opponent is in rage and you UE certain moves they will lose that equivalent of health. Best example is when I UE a King Shoulder Tackle and he lost the health...also happens on Deathfists but i just can't replicate it so maybe its a glitch.

5. It can counter Rage Drives...I don't know about Rage Arts because I can't set the practice dummy to do it...but it does counter Rage Drives on the first hit, you are vulnerable if it has another that can reach you.

It really has become part of my game with her mostly because once someone sees you do it their mind changes about how to attack you. It really needs more study and appreciation. I lose count an how many combos I get by taking the Utsusemi Escape risk.

Wow, never explored UE much in the past but I might start making use of it.
Signature
D3TROITR3D 2K
5th Dan
#180 “Quote” Edit Post
Anyone know the frame data for BT uf+4 launcher and BT uf+3?