Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#641 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dodecadozen
Just like Heihachi d+2+3 ground smash.
I use that one all the time, specially when the opponent likes to remain laid on the floor awaiting. This serves to put him in the air again for good. However, it is very dangerous using it with the rival already up and close to you. If he doesn't jump, then you of course can proceed to the mind game that comes after the move stuns him.
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

ThePharmacist
Tekken Lord Black
#642 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ashesfall
sure i was just thinking anyways. i see Bruce back 2 as his "signature" move and it should be used.
like deathfist has a RD
i also see steves sonic fang to be his signature and its also now a RD
now you know why i picked back 2 as a idea.
but df31 as his RD kinda like laws and jacks, why not but it should be not slower than 20frames as his normal version is 26frames and for sure on reaction lowparry able
-----

yes, amazing, he even did Bruce df3+43333 such a Badass Move to pull out
(i just wished it would be better balanced as it is super unsafe = no use as for example bryans df11112 has use, i think)

is this guy Bruce?
-----

*cryingJosie: "I also want Bruce back, its not my fault... "

Josie Collection Card

now we know ... Season 3 lets go

but i am not complaining here, Tekken7 has a lot of fighters i like to play
Still waiting for Bruce to appear in Tekken 7, until then I am gonna play Bruce online in Tekken 6 and have lotsa fun, CD+3 is so satisfying along with b+2.

P.S: Josie is pathetic.
Vargus
Champion
#643 “Quote” Edit Post
Well my prayers have been answered...

Tekken 7 Season 3!!!

Zafina and Newcomer Leroy Smith are the next DLC Characters for Season 3 coming in September 2019!

Tekken 7 Season 3 Trailer

If you want to skip the the specific character... click the appropriate URL links below.

Zafina

(Credit goes to Aphasia, Thanks!)

Skip to Zafina Trailer

As cool as ever.

Leroy Smith

(Credit goes to Aphasia, Thanks Again!)

Skip to Leroy Smith Trailer

Leroy seems Iron Fist inspired (conceptually) IE guy goes missing for decades, comes back as a martial arts master, he looks like 'old man Eddy Gordo' similar to Old Man Logan for Wolverine from Marvel comics. Even though he probably has nothing to do with Capoeira.

I wonder who is left to join us as far as 'legacy' characters go?

Bruce Irvin seems to be the favourite, due to the recent 'data-mined' find, leaving...

Ganryu (crossing fingers for Saint) and the following...

Kunimitsu
Wang Jinrei

Bo 'Rodeo' Montana
Shuwawei

Jun Kazama
Baek Doo San
Christie Montiero

Isaak
Ruby
Tiger Miyagi
Yue
Revenant (unplayable, Final boss in Tekken Mobile)

Final List for now...

Bob (confirmed)
Master Raven (confirmed)
Lee Chaolan (confirmed)
Miguel Caballero Rojo (confirmed)
Kuma II / Panda (confirmed)
Eddy Gordo (confirmed)
Eliza (confirmed as DLC1)
Geese Howard (confirmed as DLC2)
Noctis Lucis Caelum (confirmed as DLC3)
Anna Williams (confirmed as DLC4)
Lei Wulong (confirmed as DLC5)
Armour King II (confirmed as DLC6)
Craig Marduk (confirmed as DLC7)
Julia Chang (confirmed as DLC8)
Negan (confirmed as DLC9)
Zafina (confirmed as DLC10)
Leroy Smith (confirmed as DLC11)

Lastly, looks like my speculation was right about 4 new characters slots, due to the fact there were only 4 more slots on the customisation screen.

talked about in POST #595

Last edited by Vargus on Aug 5th, 2019 at 13:36

Signature All negativity is the source of all EVIL, Live life like it was your last moment. Be optimistic at all times if possible and finally, learn to comunicate at the best of your ability.
WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD!!!.
?
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#644 “Quote” Edit Post
^If anything Leroy reminds me of the Afro/American dude running the Chinese Restaruant/Underground den from Rush Hour 2 (Kenny). They look almost the same

Also snake was confirmed to be a joke I think
Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
Aphasia
Welcome back Julia!
#645 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Vargus
Leroy seems Iron Fist inspired (conceptually) IE guy goes missing for decades, comes back as a martial arts master, he looks like 'old man Eddy Gordo' similar to Old Man Logan for Wolverine from Marvel comics. Even though he probably has nothing to do with Caporeia.

When I first saw the thumbnail for the video, I thought he was Eddy's Capoeira master! He's also Christie's grandfather and appeared in the Tekken 3 intro and Christie's Tekken 5 ending.

APPRENTLY at the EVO event, Solid Snake of Metal Gear Solid fame was hinted as the next guest character, however this was not shown on stream, only the people who attended the event.

That was EVO playing a prank on us:
https://twitter.com/EVO/status/1158233960779882501
Signature
Vargus
Champion
#646 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Aphasia
When I first saw the thumbnail for the video, I thought he was Eddy's Capoeira master! He's also Christie's grandfather and appeared in the Tekken 3 intro and Christie's Tekken 5 ending.

Yeah I noticed the similarity too, but when I read the opening paragraph during the leroy trailer, my mind was thinking 'Iron Fst', just wondering if that part was intentional given 'KOIF'

That was EVO playing a prank on us:
https://twitter.com/EVO/status/1158233960779882501

Ok I am happy and sad about this. Thanks for the setting the record straight. Cheers.
Signature All negativity is the source of all EVIL, Live life like it was your last moment. Be optimistic at all times if possible and finally, learn to comunicate at the best of your ability.
?
Aphasia
Welcome back Julia!
#647 “Quote” Edit Post
No problem. Dick move by EVO.

Here are some resized pictures of Zafina and Leroy. Please feel free to use them for your post.

https://imgur.com/R4AzJ8Y

https://imgur.com/ddc4SJg
Signature
Vargus
Champion
#648 “Quote” Edit Post
No problem. Dick move by EVO.

Here are some resized pictures of Zafina and Leroy. Please feel free to use them for your post.

https://imgur.com/R4AzJ8Y

https://imgur.com/ddc4SJg

Thanks, however It looks like they are just a 'smidgen' too big. I appreciate the effort though.
?
Aphasia
Welcome back Julia!
#649 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks, however It looks like they are just a 'smidgen' too big. I appreciate the effort though.

Is this better?

https://imgur.com/JwFrNUC

https://imgur.com/xu0Dk1g
Signature
Vargus
Champion
#650 “Quote” Edit Post
Is this better?

https://imgur.com/JwFrNUC

https://imgur.com/xu0Dk1g

For sure , Thanks!
?
SSfox
Foxstepman
#651 “Quote” Edit Post
Smith Leroy is the kind of the character that represent what Tekken character is about, and why Tekken has always been above all the other franchise, like the old school Tekken, can't help but my excitement is just over the roof with that character and i just can't wait to try him out OMGGG.

And Zafina looks simply incredible, above all i could expect for her tbh, the whole Hand Azazel thing is just just genius and her new look simply perfect.

Cannot wait!!
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#652 “Quote” Edit Post
Leroy seems more like another political crossbreed attempt of these days, and I don't hide I'd have definitely preferred a chinese man for wing chung too, like a young chinsese boy or something who practiced this style and would enter the the next tournament (without Heihachi how will this be?) to put his skills to the test.

The character is still serious deal as opposed to Chloe and others, which is of course the way to go. Thank God for that

Hasaldo
6th Dan
#653 “Quote” Edit Post
They didn't want to put Wang back because of story reasons I think (which is bullshit since the story for non-main characters is a complete shitshow anyway).
They still wanted to put the fighting style in and probably thought let's hit two birds with one stone and made him black. At least, that's my guess. I do think that he looks really cool and serious and hope that his animations are good as well.

I still wonder if they're ever going to put a proper old lady in Tekken. Something like Lady Butterfly from Sekiro (but without the kunai obviously) would be nice in my opinion.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#654 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Hasaldo
They didn't want to put Wang back because of story reasons I think (which is bullshit since the story for non-main characters is a complete shitshow anyway).
They still wanted to put the fighting style in and probably thought let's hit two birds with one stone and made him black. At least, that's my guess. I do think that he looks really cool and serious and hope that his animations are good as well.
I'm sure everybody is dying to see those Doonie Yen's moves portrayed to tekken. Let's hope Harada took this seriously. Wang's style was Wang's classic tekken stuff, nothing to do with wing chung.

Originally posted by Hasaldo I still wonder if they're ever going to put a proper old lady in Tekken. Something like Lady Butterfly from Sekiro (but without the kunai obviously) would be nice in my opinion.
That opportunity was already lost to Kazumi's character. She could have been portrayed as some grim dark witch corrupted by the devil that is somehow brought back to life, and with a scary devil form too which in the end looked like some pokemon shit. That was two opportunities lost.

Maybe Bandai is the problem here, but I think it's just Harada the one to blame for this. We only need to see what he did with classic Devil in tekken tag2 and now in T7 when you transform Kazuya into it, and it becomes clear It's just Harada's will

Hasaldo
6th Dan
#655 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fernandito
That opportunity was already lost to Kazumi's character. She could have been portrayed as some grim dark witch corrupted by the devil that is somehow brought back to life, and with a scary devil form too which in the end looked like some pokemon shit. That was two opportunities lost.

In the end they didn't "resurrect" her story-wise. She was just a part of Heihachi's flashback, hence the reason why she still looks young. But it was indeed a lost opportunity to have a proper old lady in Tekken.
ZaibatsuXiaoyu
Iron Fist God
PSN: TSA-PATDOWN
XBL: ToneOfARC
#656 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fernandito
Leroy seems more like another political crossbreed attempt of these days, and I don't hide I'd have definitely preferred a chinese man for wing chung too, like a young chinsese boy or something who practiced this style and would enter the the next tournament (without Heihachi how will this be?) to put his skills to the test.

The character is still serious deal as opposed to Chloe and others, which is of course the way to go. Thank God for that

Leroy is literally homage to the cinema genre of blaxploitation and kung fu popularity of the 70s and 80s.

You might be too young to see the reference but The Last Dragon, Black Dynamite, Dolemite, Black Belt Jones, Human Tornado...all those movies have already laid the groundwork for the character Leroy Smith.

Even Tiger Jackson from Tekken 3

Reducing the character to an attempt to be political when Harada has never expressed any interest in american politics is a bit of a stretch and it also implies that things like martial arts are off limits to black people when some of the most popular action heros of the last 30 years have a background in hand to hand combat.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#657 “Quote” Edit Post
Leroy Smith remind me a bit of him:

Vargus
Champion
#658 “Quote” Edit Post
I came across this interesting bit of information.

Aris of ATP fame, talked a bit about the season 3 reveal.

His bit on Leroy smith's fighting style and a new character

You can watch the whole video, it is funny here and there. it also is not very long.

ATP Aris and Season 3

Or you can skip to the part in question by clicking HERE

I guess I can understand, why they went the way they did, cosmetically, and adding that fighting style.

It'll be interesting to see if this will divide or upset fans (in the long term), or if no one cares that they did not go with the stereo-typical choice, when representing that fighting style.

Last edited by Vargus on Aug 10th, 2019 at 11:18

?
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#659 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ZaibatsuXiaoyu
Leroy is literally homage to the cinema genre of blaxploitation and kung fu popularity of the 70s and 80s.

You might be too young to see the reference but The Last Dragon, Black Dynamite, Dolemite, Black Belt Jones, Human Tornado...all those movies have already laid the groundwork for the character Leroy Smith.

Even Tiger Jackson from Tekken 3

Reducing the character to an attempt to be political when Harada has never expressed any interest in american politics is a bit of a stretch and it also implies that things like martial arts are off limits to black people when some of the most popular action heros of the last 30 years have a background in hand to hand combat.
Tell me one single black guy of that era in those films that used wing chung.

Harada is just as tied to political correction as many other producers. We've seen that many times already, or have you already forgotten what happened with ttt2 arabian stage with that lifter?, and that wasn't the only one.

One have to be blind enough not to realize that politics envelops the character of Leroy. Another more respectable story is that you or me or any other don't give a damn about that, which would be just fine. I for one don't care much given he looks serious, but only because fo that.

And I'm forty three. Neither the oldest nor the youngest here, but I know well of that era of movies too regardless I didn't went to see it at cinemas due obvious existencial reasons. Still, didn't see any black using wing chung. Maybe kung fu, but I can't recall any black doing kung ful but one. And that black kung fu was..., you know, fifty fifty.

SSfox
Foxstepman
#660 “Quote” Edit Post
Actually when you think about it, the 2 other characters may actually be both Tekken characters and not guest characters, in season 1 they said they were special/guests and season 2 they revealed Negan right away.

So there is no hint that one of the 2 will be guests, unless they decided to do things differently this time around, everything hints as the 2 others will be Tekken characters, not that i'm against it either even tho Snake would have been cool, and T7 already has quite amount of its guests characters, let's save the more guest characters for Tekken 8 would be better (i actually not against none guests characters but y'know it's becoming a trend now so), and then put Snake (or and Tifa) in it, focusing only and exclusively to add veterans or brand new characters in T7 is definitely something i'm not against.