Inhuman Spartan
Dragon Lord
PSN: mishimablood
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Snap
Oh, absolutely!

It's 2+4~5 and NOT 2+5.

Might as well be bloody generic tho, considering the break is the same :/

well if the tag throw is different from al other characters and none have any tag throw like this then its Craig/JC tag throw...
I now want to see both
JC/Craig and Craig/JC tag throw animation in some freaken video
Signature Craig plz free me from that problem called Ganryu.
Oh sure Jules,u r my girl.
heh yes big boy *hugs*
Later tht day Ganryu was found in the hospital and Craig and Julia were found practicing wrestling in the MMA Gym.
Bunny-
Dragon Lord
PSN: Nightbunny
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
Juggle after CH b+2

It looks like CH b+2 into Juggle is guaranteed now. See it 2 times in this video.
But no Oki at all, and Damage is also not the best. I think going for the jump will still be the best option.

0:53 and 2:45
SSJ4_Vegita
Party in my pants
PSN: VeggyUK
XBL: VeggyUK
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by zachhulk
Did I read correctly that u/f+3 is now -2? I sure hope not because I love that damn move!

When I tested it during beta it was -2
Signature If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button.
zachhulk
2nd Dan
PSN: IronicIcon
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for the info. I guess it's not a huge deal as you still can do a lot of with it, but having 0 on block was nice. I guess jabbing after that is no longer a viable option.
AAK
Iron Fist God
PSN: AAK0924
#45 “Quote” Edit Post
I was playing T6 the other day and I could NOT for the life of me chicken Marduk's b+2+4 reversal. I assume the input is f+1+3 if it's your left limb or f+2+4 if it's your right limb but it just wouldn't work. Was I just not doing it fast enough or is there something special to his counter. Same thing with King's. I tried it against Dragunov and Nina and I could chicken them no problem.
junemitsu
Champion
#46 “Quote” Edit Post
marduk's reversal is unreversible/unchickenable. so as king's kick reversal.
Signature -Tekken Scrub 4 Life-
Icege
iku iku ikuuu
PSN: Icege-_-
XBL: Ic3ge
#47 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by zachhulk
Thanks for the info. I guess it's not a huge deal as you still can do a lot of with it, but having 0 on block was nice. I guess jabbing after that is no longer a viable option.

It is. It's just riskier now.
Signature [04:25] WayGamble: hey hey hey
[04:25] WayGamble: i dont talk shit to you cuz you dont put yeast in your bread now do i?
[04:25] Icege:
[04:25] TekkenJam: jew
AAK
Iron Fist God
PSN: AAK0924
#48 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by junemitsu
marduk's reversal is unreversible/unchickenable. so as king's kick reversal.

... That's pretty cheap. His reversal works for all highs and mids right? Why don't Marduk players use it more? At least with King's you have to change between b+1+3 and b+2+4 depending on whether a punch or kick is incomming making it riskier.
kAb
Iron Fist God
#49 “Quote” Edit Post
its not cheap. you only get like 10 damage for the actual reversal, then you have an opportunity to get out of the mount follow up.
Signature you dont know what i'd do for 13 damage.
i'd kill a bitch for 13 damage
all these years people thought kAb stood for kilikAbeast
naw son...... killAbitch
imma get my damage one way or the other
>phunnykidd<
play offline
PSN: phunny_kidd
#50 “Quote” Edit Post
played a shit ton of ttt2 duk this weekend. anyone with questions ill try to answer.

d/f4,2 is still launch punishable
Signature Me:"What can I do to win more?"
Rain:"Stop playing kazuya."
Me:"But he's so cool-looking, I love his style!"
Rain:"I know! It's trap!"
kAb
Iron Fist God
#51 “Quote” Edit Post
did you try ff+1+2 AT into d/b+1, ws+1,3+4, VTS f+1,2, B! ????
Signature you dont know what i'd do for 13 damage.
i'd kill a bitch for 13 damage
all these years people thought kAb stood for kilikAbeast
naw son...... killAbitch
imma get my damage one way or the other
>phunnykidd<
play offline
PSN: phunny_kidd
#52 “Quote” Edit Post
No, ofdp and I forgot to test that.
Signature Me:"What can I do to win more?"
Rain:"Stop playing kazuya."
Me:"But he's so cool-looking, I love his style!"
Rain:"I know! It's trap!"
tuch_dis
War Lord
PSN: FAULRN
#53 “Quote” Edit Post
So how is Marduk looking in TTT2? Higher? Lower?
Signature Christie WR3 = Sex! <3
OFdp?
Duk Train Coming!
PSN: OFdp
XBL: CrusherofFeelings
#54 “Quote” Edit Post
I would say higher hands down. The new d/b 2 deals with a lot of issues he has against stances like rlx and aop. His new ground throw adds a lot of damage potential to his already damaging combos (ie stuff like jab into GT on the wall is going to be used a lot more). I didn't really get to mess with his tracking too much.

I REALLY liked the new df 1. Outside of that stuff, I didn't really get to mess with any cool combos or anything, because I was ASS on those sticks.

Last edited by OFdp? on Dec 6th, 2011 at 23:17

Signature Block more.
tuch_dis
War Lord
PSN: FAULRN
#55 “Quote” Edit Post
That's why I've always said that Namco's biggest mistake was giving America pas port releases. If not for this, stick would be common like it is for the rest of the world. No other country but the US got pad port releases.

Stick is pretty awesome when you get used to it. I had to suffer most of the time by using a pad at NEC because my stick was too big for my lap and no table was the perfect height...

Can you link me to a vid show casing most of his new stuff. ie; his d/b2 and other moves. Thx.
Signature Christie WR3 = Sex! <3
Icege
iku iku ikuuu
PSN: Icege-_-
XBL: Ic3ge
#56 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by kAb
its not cheap. you only get like 10 damage for the actual reversal, then you have an opportunity to get out of the mount follow up.

On top of that, the window is much tighter than other counters.

Originally posted by >phunnykidd<
played a shit ton of ttt2 duk this weekend. anyone with questions ill try to answer.

d/f4,2 is still launch punishable

That is booty trash about d/f+4,2 :/

What all stood out?

Originally posted by tuch_dis
So how is Marduk looking in TTT2? Higher? Lower?

Higher, for sure.

He now has a 15f launcher, so he's launching with everybody else now (it was 16f). d/b+2 gives him a reliable option for catching people transitioning into stances, and it gives him that much needed tool that makes opponents think, "I don't want to just run up on him... I might die."

Also, due to TTT2's tag system, Marduk is one of the few character who GETS oki due to ground throws. He does very high damage and is great for tag combos. Mishimas/Marduk is crazy strong imo (in theory of course, I could be completely wrong). It's off of the basis that Mishimas pretty much cover Marduk's weaknesses. They have a fast, safe launcher that they can tag off of to do instant red life juggles (btw, they're tagging into Craig so that character is losing a lot of life). They've got great punishes, that brick mix-up with Hellsweeps/Mids.

I'm super sad I didn't get to go to NEC

I'll be okay though
Signature [04:25] WayGamble: hey hey hey
[04:25] WayGamble: i dont talk shit to you cuz you dont put yeast in your bread now do i?
[04:25] Icege:
[04:25] TekkenJam: jew
Phenex
Shihan
#57 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm interested in Marduk but I'm looking for an easy char to get near it's max.
I just don't have time for this game much but would still want to pop into an arcade and administer bandaids.

So, to get max damage out of juggles do you need to learn the timing for the VTS transition into f,f1+2 throw? Does he have a canned 'grandpa could do it' substitute?

And people talk alot of his 'buffs', what about his downgrades?

That new animation where he slams his knee into them on the ground was just too cool to forget
OFdp?
Duk Train Coming!
PSN: OFdp
XBL: CrusherofFeelings
#58 “Quote” Edit Post
Both PK and I noticed that despite what I had heard earlier, d/f+4,2 still seems inconsistent in combos, especially on the wall. Again, I could chalk it up to being bad on the sticks, but Mark plays stick, and actually attempted a lot of different combos. It seems like a staple might be something like 1,2 vts f+1,2 for binds now.

As far as easy juggles, as far as I could tell you could do something pretty easy like d/f+1, 2, d/f+4,2 (b!) *alternate character does TA filler* u/f+3, ff+1+2. Depending on what character you are using, you can leave out the u/f+3 and just run up and air throw. Again though, for stuff like max distance d/f+1s, you will most likely need to use f+1,2 vts f+1, 2 to combo.

I did try his new 3 hit string (f+1+2, 2) on the wall. It does decent damage and seems like a fairly good addition. I personally still won't ever use it though unless there turns out to be some stupidly damaging combo with it. Binding early into wall throw or doing some variation of ground throw at the wall still seems like the best way to go for me, especially with his new GT. Could be nice in rage though!
Signature Block more.
BigD
Raijin
PSN: d_white90
XBL: BigDofco
#59 “Quote” Edit Post
shoulda checked this thread out before I went to NEC .

well I'm here now!
Signature Um, you guys suck
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
PSN: Online
XBL: Offline
#60 “Quote” Edit Post
Marduk ff+1+2; ssr; f+3,2 b! Tag
King b+1,2
Marduk run across 1,2 vtsc ff+1+2

Pure epicness
Signature CH b+1... b+1+2 HEY-YAAA!!