Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Eddy Wang
Shihan
PSN: eddywangmk
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_wAKAnf5-I

on the link above, there is a video of me showing some advantages of ma2 cancels, and the uncommon counters jin can start a combo with.
The reason of existence of this video, it was because a friend asked me how do i play jin, besides what everyone else does, i try to apply the ma2c into my game, and everytime i get a counter from db4 or ff3 hits. i use those fillers, however i've rarely seen jin players using it, its mostly used for the follow ups instead of canceling for some mind games, and i asked myself why.

its that bad? How bad?
Someone once told me, there must be a reason for these don't being used quite often, so i decided to come in here and ask.

Note: I do not play online, the connection in my country is really not god for it, unfortunately, but this is it
WadeTWilson
Shihan
PSN: WadeTWilson
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't usually do b+1 cancels in an opponent's face because if you're slow cancelling with F then b~n to block, your considered in running state so your gonna get CH if your oppenent is not scared of mental alertness stance shenanigans. Also saw your vid, you might want to add throws in from b+1 cancels, adds another layer of offense
Signature Ang kagandahan mo ay parang thesis...
Kelangan pa i-defend.
"People get better by learning as they play. The moment they stop trying to learn while playing is the moment they stop getting better. That's all there is to it. Tekken appeals to those who are curious and rewards those who satisfy that curiosity."
-Wu2003
lilleboff
the daoug
PSN: lilleboff
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Canceling CDS in their face is another way to pressure them to make a mistake, just like dashing or wavedashing in their face. However, the cd cancel from CDS doesn't allow you to do EWHF and eCD+1, so there you lose your pressure game and your main move (EWHF) to stop them from attacking. If you're not going to do CDS-moves like a CDS+1,2_CDS+4 mixup I don't quite see the point.
Signature It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as me
kappa
2nd Dan
PSN: Uncanny1
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
from CDS (b+1) is good for high crushing, and some mix ups. I can usually punish attacks with CDS to ewgf (b+1~f~d,d/f+2) or ewtf (b+1~f,d,d/f+1). mixing up with forward bufferable moves is a good idea too (e.g. f,f+2, f,f+3_4).

I wouldn't completely rely on it though, having a solid game in the long run is worth more.
Signature - "話にならない。"
"It's the knowledge of self understanding of the things around me that becomes the wisdom that I need. " - "feather" - 瀬葉淳

[my mkp stick]
lilleboff
the daoug
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
You can't do electric version from b+1, so it's useless unless they somehow manage to whiff something while you're having a seizure with b+1 cancels.
Eddy Wang
Shihan
PSN: eddywangmk
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
are you sure we can't cancel b+1 to electrics? Because i'm pretty sure i just did in this video.

0.28 mark
lilleboff
the daoug
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Sorry, of course you can do b+1 to a dashing electric, just not from the crouchdash cancel. My bad