Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#141 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Wolf Fang RPX
Whats up TZ ?

So here is the deal:

A). I run an Armor King / Bruce team right, but here is the thing, majority of my combos I cant seem to find a Tag assault move with bruce that would leave me high and close enough for me to connect with A.King's Uf+3 to iSW.....I've read in the previous page about Bruce 3,3 so i've yet to try that one and see how that pays off. For some reason I think I just need to spend more time practicing the distance and timing from most of my Tag Assaults cause I have yet to complete a 50% combo.

B).
What's Bruce best moves in terms of making the opponent whiff upon backdashing or SS'ing ? Example: If I connect with A, I can SS/Backdash safely and evade a move that doesnt track and punish upon whiff. something like that...like setups..Idk if this was discussed in the T6 Forum but If so I haven't seen it.

A) A number of options seem possible. (d/f+3),1 will do as much damage as 3,3 (15, to be specific), but keep the opp much closer (which is often more important than keeping them higher). With this option, purposefully whiff the sweep kick, and hit the SRK-like uppercut only. To do so, throw it out as soon as you can, and it helps if you've done the B! no later than the 3rd hit of the juggle leading up to the TA (I'm not so familiar with AK juggles, so I'll have to leave that to you). Other possibilities that do decent damage but leave the opp high and close are d+3,4,2 and 2,4>2 (each do 20, which is only 2 fewer than b+4,3,4). One more to look into for now might be f,f+4, but wait quite a bit before throwing it out.
B) I'm not sure I completely understand the question, but I find that, for example, d/f+1 by itself still seems to include a partial LSS, so a full LSS after this should be effective. Is this the kind of answer you're looking for? If so, there are a few more things to mention, but I don't want to go too far down the wrong path, so I'll wait for a reply from you before mentioning any more.
Signature Autocrat1: "Default winning animation: Bryan punching face, minus punching just twerking"
My reply: OK, but only if they give him back his laugh and 'DIE!' during it.

handle: 六鬼袋《`》武雷庵
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#142 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kakarott SSJ III
what is the best thing to do w/ bruce after Bryan qcb4, 1, f+4,1 TA? i was trying b,4,3,4 but the last knee whiffs

I'll see what I can find out, but since I don't have a home system, it may take me a bit (meaning: if someone else could look into this, it would be great...)

Still, what I can point out is this: sometimes when I go for a TA, I start the point character too soon during the TA, pushing the opp out of range of the last attack(s) my partner is putting in on the TA string. Maybe you're doing this? If you are testing it at home, let Bruce end the juggle (don't bring Bry back in) a couple of times. This should allow you to confirm whether or not it can hit.
Signature Autocrat1: "Default winning animation: Bryan punching face, minus punching just twerking"
My reply: OK, but only if they give him back his laugh and 'DIE!' during it.

handle: 六鬼袋《`》武雷庵
Kaijah
6th Dan
PSN: kaijah05
#143 “Quote” Edit Post
Did anyone know that Bruce's SS + 4 1 can be a juggle starter? Tried experimenting earlier and d+3 4, PST f+1 can be done afterwards. Though I can't consistently hit d+3,4 after the SS+4 1. Can anyone else try it out?
Signature La critique est aisee mais l'art est diffile.
Dilly
When in doubt, D+3+4
PSN: DancesWithNoobs
XBL: DancesWithNoobs
#144 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kaijah
Did anyone know that Bruce's SS + 4 1 can be a juggle starter? Tried experimenting earlier and d+3 4, PST f+1 can be done afterwards. Though I can't consistently hit d+3,4 after the SS+4 1. Can anyone else try it out?

...I showed that one in one of Sith's combo videos for T6. Actually managed like 128 damage off it.

Anyway, the knockdown animation is all dependent upon how the punch hits. It's scary consistently if you're about 1 back-dash away from the opponent and SSR to use it.

Staple for TTT2 is:
SSR CH 4,1, d+3,4,f+1 b! SSR 3,2~f+1, 3,2~f+1, 3,2~f+2

The difference now is that he doesn't require a full side-step to his right to pull this off. The combo puts you off axis as if you stepped to your left.
Signature Need the hook-up on cable service? Get at me.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=124372
Kaijah
6th Dan
PSN: kaijah05
#145 “Quote” Edit Post
Oooo,,. Thank you!!!
Signature La critique est aisee mais l'art est diffile.
Wolf Fang RPX
5th Dan
PSN: Psycho_RPX
#146 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by aviax
A) A number of options seem possible. (d/f+3),1 will do as much damage as 3,3 (15, to be specific), but keep the opp much closer (which is often more important than keeping them higher). With this option, purposefully whiff the sweep kick, and hit the SRK-like uppercut only. To do so, throw it out as soon as you can, and it helps if you've done the B! no later than the 3rd hit of the juggle leading up to the TA (I'm not so familiar with AK juggles, so I'll have to leave that to you). Other possibilities that do decent damage but leave the opp high and close are d+3,4,2 and 2,4>2 (each do 20, which is only 2 fewer than b+4,3,4). One more to look into for now might be f,f+4, but wait quite a bit before throwing it out.
B) I'm not sure I completely understand the question, but I find that, for example, d/f+1 by itself still seems to include a partial LSS, so a full LSS after this should be effective. Is this the kind of answer you're looking for? If so, there are a few more things to mention, but I don't want to go too far down the wrong path, so I'll wait for a reply from you before mentioning any more.

@A) I usually use Bruce CD+3+4~3+4 as a Tag Assault, but ill take all the options to practice.So thanks for that

@B) So after D/F +1 I must SSL ...if you can, could you explain me more about its effectiveness and also add other moves? Its exactly what im looking for..thank you ....
Signature " The day when I get my revenge, I will come after you"

" Fight for what's right"

Wolf Fang RPX: To become a champion one day...
Adnanish
Whiff and die trying
PSN: Adnanish
#147 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Wolf Fang RPX
Whats up TZ ?

So here is the deal:

A). I run an Armor King / Bruce team right, but here is the thing, majority of my combos I cant seem to find a Tag assault move with bruce that would leave me high and close enough for me to connect with A.King's Uf+3 to iSW.....I've read in the previous page about Bruce 3,3 so i've yet to try that one and see how that pays off. For some reason I think I just need to spend more time practicing the distance and timing from most of my Tag Assaults cause I have yet to complete a 50% combo.

B).
What's Bruce best moves in terms of making the opponent whiff upon backdashing or SS'ing ? Example: If I connect with A, I can SS/Backdash safely and evade a move that doesnt track and punish upon whiff. something like that...like setups..Idk if this was discussed in the T6 Forum but If so I haven't seen it.

A) Try f24, 33, cd 3+4, df31, d34f2, f3+4

B) try to ss/sw after moves that are not bad on block, like lets say less then -6 like cd1, f3, df1, df3+4,3. For backdash its not that simple nor do you really need any moves to bd after, unless its longrange like standing 3 you know. But id say a simple clean CD can sometimes be enough to whiffbait your opponent, it all comes down to how good your movement is, how patient you are and how solid spacing/whiffpunishment is. Pretty much basics

what is the best thing to do w/ bruce after Bryan qcb4, 1, f+4,1 TA? i was trying b,4,3,4 but the last knee whiffs

Try 33 or f24. Even df144 or df31. And actually f1+2 flips opponent over

Last edited by Adnanish on Sep 22nd, 2012 at 07:16

Signature
Adnanish
Whiff and die trying
#148 “Quote” Edit Post
So ive been testing ws3 as a juggle starter and df4f1 to B! is pretty inconsistent it seems. so tried to SSR D34F1 B! and it worked. although it was inconsistent on small characters as Ling but i got consistent on normals and the bigger the character the easier it got to connect. Also the SSR has to be done fully before connecting, you actually have more time that you think
Signature
HFX
2nd Dan
#149 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Adnanish
So ive been testing ws3 as a juggle starter and df4f1 to B! is pretty inconsistent it seems. so tried to SSR D34F1 B! and it worked. although it was inconsistent on small characters as Ling but i got consistent on normals and the bigger the character the easier it got to connect. Also the SSR has to be done fully before connecting, you actually have more time that you think

Sorry if this question is silly but I'm new to the game yet I've noticed a lot of SSR(side step right, right?) being mentioned in people's posts, giving me the impression that its somehow more preferable than SSL. Is it?

Anyway need some clarification, so by SSR, if youre on the left side you tap down, right side, tap up?
MCP
MCP=(0_o)
#150 “Quote” Edit Post
SSR == side step to your character's right side == 1p down and 2p up

It's not more or less useful to side step right in general, it always depends on your opponent's character and what attacks you can expect, even then there are homing moves.

Against Kazuya, for instance, it is largely preferable to side step left, but you cannot say that for every character and especially not for every player.
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
HFX
2nd Dan
#151 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for the reply, MCP.

So I guess different characters have different "weak sides" and one can only figure this out by playing a lot against those characters / know their moves properties (i dont think frame data covers whether certain moves tracks to the right/left/doesnt track at all).. I'm trying my best to learn this game but kinda sucks that I dont have as much time as I used to..

Anyway, so far the only CH setup I've landed frequently is b+2 and maybe MTS 2... What are his other common CH setups? Anything from a low? Because I realized that after awhile my opponent wisen up and I get to land b+2(CH or not) rarely. Then I usually will either try d+4 or cd+3 as my go to low moves except that those are punishable on block.

Another thing, what are the frames of a side step? I'm looking at frame data and trying to learn and apply the +/- frames on block of certain moves and I wonder how many frames is need to be able to sidestep safely? Also, besides sidestepping, what else can you do after your opponent blocked your moves which are minus on block but not punishable? For now what I usually do, e.g. after my opponent blocked my b+2, ill do nothing/block whats coming while expecting a throw to break..
Signature Tekken Beginner (Bruce/Miguel)
Team FRB Japan
MCP
MCP=(0_o)
#152 “Quote” Edit Post
Getting good at hitting them with CH 4 and then near the wall with ch b+1,2,1 are all about reading your opponent, spacing, and timing. The very top of difficulty in tekken, but these are some of the best tools in the game. It's about interrupting your opponent for a juggle. CH 4 is a full juggle, CH 4, f+1+2, d/f+4,f+1. At the wall, CH b+1,2,1 (W!), d+3+4.

CH setups are easily learned. To be able to hit CH b+2, you have to interrupt your opponent. I normally do not expect to land CH MTS 2. I might land MTS f+1 because it's mid and tracks or MTS 3 because it's mid and a knee. Against poor opponents it really doesn't matter, I can probably just mash out d/f+4,2 and win.

Side step generally: If you are -6, you cannot side step/side walk jabs/11 frame attacks.

However you have to remember what I said, this is opponent and character specific. If you know, for instance, your opponent is going to probably do bruce's b+2, then you can side walk left up close and avoid it (Need to test, but I think this will work). Then if you guessed incorrectly, the opponent may have decided to do d/f+2, anticipating your potential side walk left, and bruce's d/f+2 tracks left and juggles.

Also back to -6 on block. This entirely depends on what your opponent is doing. If they are probably going to attack with jabs, then you cannot avoid it. If they are going to attack with a much slower mid, for instance, you have be able to avoid it, or even better yet, interrupt with 1,4,3 hit confirm or CH 4.

d+4 and cd+3 are REALLY good. Use them a lot. If they start ducking for d+4, you will be thanking all gods to be able to b,f+4 them next time. Remember, if they start ducking in anticipation of lows, first you can hit them with b,f+4 or b+2, and second they stopped moving, so even if they decide to block, they aren't going to make you whiff.

Also back to -6 stuff. There are 'crush' moves, that is moves that evade your opponent attacks (or parry in the case of f,f+2). Let's say they block your b+2 and you know they're going to low kick. You can go over it with a hopkick, maybe u/f+4, maybe u/f~N+4, or maybe u/f+3+4. Likewise dick jab (d+1) goes under high attacks.

This is advanced stuff btw.

One final note: Let's say you attacked with b,f+4 which is -10 on block, but it has huge pushback. If they do a short range mid you may be able to simply hold B and avoid it because of the pushback. Likewise, if they did a slower, but longer range mid, let's say one that's homing, you may be able to back dash it and make it whiff. It's all opponent dependent.
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
Kakarott SSJ III
Over 9000_0??!!
#153 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Adnanish

Try 33 or f24. Even df144 or df31. And actually f1+2 flips opponent over

thx man -- doing 33 then back to bryan dash jab, mach punch
Signature I EAT SHE EAT
Adnanish
Whiff and die trying
#154 “Quote” Edit Post
thx man -- doing 33 then back to bryan dash jab, mach punch

yea and if you wanna be a badass then you do with Bruce cd+3+4,3+4. Flips them over and big damage
Signature
Toshin Fist
1st Dan
PSN: G-Berueda
#155 “Quote” Edit Post

In most cases, a slight side step would help.

Example is Kaz to Bruce:
I do counter hit df+2 (slightly to the right of the opponent), EWGF, EWGF, ff, 1, df+1, 2~5 TA!
Bruce will do B+4, 3, 4 then running EWGF as finisher from Kaz.

Normally, I cannot make it connect if Kaz is standing in front of the opponent or I have not tried yet.

Also, another cool combo I do from Bruce to Kaz is:
(Kaz) WS2~5 (Bruce) f+3, 2, 4, f+1~5, (Kaz) b+4, 1, (Bruce) CD+3+4~3+4.

Tip:
A) When pressing the b+4, 1; hold 4 then 1 and when Bruce comes in just execute the CD+3+4~3+4 without releasing 4. In that way, you are only pressing 3 twice instead of pressing 3+4 twice.

B) Put a slight delay on inputting (Kaz) b+4, 1.

C) If the (Bruce) CD+3+4~3+4 does not connect, ready your ass to be handed over to you or just press grab or tag.

Man, I gotta work out on notation. It's been so long since I have been to this forums.

Last edited by Toshin Fist on Sep 25th, 2012 at 21:21

HFX
2nd Dan
#156 “Quote” Edit Post
Just wondering, the video thread is only for good players / combo exhibition vids, right?

Is there a match critique thread where people can post their match vids to get feedbacks/advice?

Although I'm hesitating to post links to some of my casual matches vids due to how low level they are..
Team FRB Japan
Adnanish
Whiff and die trying
#157 “Quote” Edit Post
You can post them in the video thread, no worries

Last edited by Adnanish on Sep 26th, 2012 at 13:51

Signature
Toshin Fist
1st Dan
PSN: G-Berueda
#158 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by HFX
Just wondering, the video thread is only for good players / combo exhibition vids, right?

Is there a match critique thread where people can post their match vids to get feedbacks/advice?

Although I'm hesitating to post links to some of my casual matches vids due to how low level they are..

Back then, this is what we do. We post our videos or share them and talk about what we were doing wrong and I think the Tekken Community did not change (I am speaking for players in my area).

Do what you have to do to improve your gameplay because for every video you post, you are not the only one learning but even the Pros themselves.
Egoflux
1st Dan
PSN: Ugochukwu
#159 “Quote” Edit Post
Anyone know any miguel/bruce combos? I cant tell if they lack synergy or if i'm just not using them right. The most dmg i can do with them is 85(bruce leading). In the combos i'm doing none of bruce's TA's even connect.

Last edited by Egoflux on Sep 26th, 2012 at 20:05

HFX
2nd Dan
#160 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Egoflux
Anyone know any miguel/bruce combos? I cant tell if they lack synergy or if i'm just not using them right. The most dmg i can do with them is 85(bruce leading). In the combos i'm doing none of bruce's TA's even connect.

I'm using bruce/miguel, I think I get about the same amount of damage except in stages with walls.. I havent been in training mode that much, came up with this when I played at the arcade..

After bruce B!, miguel f+4,2 and bruce ends it with cd 3+4 3+4

I dont think it works on every character, might whiff if off-axis... not sure also whether ending with a cd 3+4, 3+4 is the best option or not(although if that knocks them to the wall, i can dash in for db 214 for extra damage)

Tonight I'm going to test other variations (especially for Miguel's fillers) and when Miguel leads.

As miguel, so far I do uf4, df1f, sav, uf3, df4,1 B!(either with d2 or df2,2) and bruce comes in with b4,3,4...... and i still dont know how to end this one well (maybe ff 2,1 or ff 2,2)?

Sorry if the notations are messed up, not really used to (writing) it yet
Team FRB Japan