TTT2 Bruce Discussion

Page Splits 1...<56789>...16
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
DrBhup666
Iron Fist God
#121 “Quote” Edit Post
What is Bruce's default Tag-assault move? (You know, the one that comes out when you hold 5 in)
Signature When I die, I wanna go peacefully in my sleep, just like my grandfather did. Not kicking and screaming, like the passengers in his car.

aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#122 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DrBhup666
What is Bruce's default Tag-assault move? (You know, the one that comes out when you hold 5 in)

3,3 (14pts of damage mid-juggle (EDIT: it has since gotten a minor buff, and now does 15 in juggles))

but he has better options:

d/f+3,1 (20pts)
d+3,4>2 (20)
>2,4>2 (20)
b+4,3,4 (22)
(d/f+3),1 (15) (where you intentionally miss the sweep kick (earliest possible input), allowing the lead character an extra hit, which will almost certainly be higher than the 5pts you give up by missing the sweep kick)
u/f+1+2 (13 - but only one hit used up, and leaves opp just above head level)
cd+3+4 (12, but leaves opp nice and high)
>>f,f+4 (14)

Last edited by aviax on Sep 18th, 2012 at 00:03

Signature Autocrat1: "Default winning animation: Bryan punching face, minus punching just twerking"
My reply: OK, but only if they give him back his laugh and 'DIE!' during it.

handle: 六鬼袋《`》武雷庵
Lostprophet1
Fujin
#123 “Quote” Edit Post
For the life of me I just can't seem to connect d+3,4 after ws+2,1. Am I just not dashing in/not quick enough?
Signature Tekken is serious business.
Melbourne Tekken
EVADE <Launch+>
Fujin
#124 “Quote” Edit Post
from a Duk ff+1+2~5 throw
Bruce can SWL d+3,4 mts F+1B! without a Facedown b!

but its pretty difficult, most of the time you end up with a Facedown B!

Also, Marduk ws+2 ch , just tag out to Bruce and d+3,4 picks up for red bar damage
Works for lars df+2 ch as well as many other characters with similar stun
Signature <Launch+> FTW!!

Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, U.S.A, Indonesia
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#125 “Quote” Edit Post
Some stuff with Kaz:

Bruce -> Kaz special tag throw: 1+3~5

Bruce - Kaz - Bruce (as a TC - no red bar):
(any tag launcher - even b+1+2_4~F)~5, (e)wgf~5, d+3,4,f+1...
- note: the two tag transitions (to and from the ewgf) with either of the stun tags listed above have tight timing and maybe even some spacing issues, but they are possible
- note: b,f+4~5, (e)wgf~5, f+4,3,4~f+1 (no pausing before throwing the 1 elbow)... all hits, and allows for 2-3 more hits from Bruce, or could be TA'ed into Kaz coming back in with a wgf

B - (K) - B TA's:
d/f+2_u/f+4_u/f,n,4, f+3+4, d+3,4,f+1~5 (cd+1,3_cd+4,1), cd+3+4,3+4
- note: f+3+4, d+3,4,f+1 does one more point of damage than f+4,3,4,f+1 in this situation (with the first hit in the juggle being f+3+4), and it is no harder to land, nor does it make the TA any more difficult.
- note: Of the two TA fillers, the cd+1,3 is easier to work with, because the pause before the 3 kick is nice enough to keep the opp airborne for the finisher - it tends to hit just as Bruce is coming out of his own CD. It does do two fewer points of damage, tho', than cd+4,1.

Makeshift TC: B - K
d/f+2, b+1+2~5, b+2,4, d/b+2(b!), f+3_f,f+3_uf~4~3
After the d/b+2 bounce, the opp is so far away I've been able to finish this makeshift TC with a cd+4,1 exactly once, after repeated efforts, although that could be because I'm not very good. The thing is, tho', while this leaves no red bar, the overall damage is in the low to mid 50's, which would mean it might not be preferable to a normal Bruce juggle, which would leave some red, but the overall increase in the black bar might be more than this result. It could be a good psychological weapon, but...
And, for the record, it really doesn't seem like any other option (d/f+3_d/f+1_u/f+3...) will connect off the tag. Still, this makeshift TC might present some opportunities for Hei or DJ - especially DJ's cd+4,4. I haven't tested these characters yet, FWIW.

Stuff that totals 100 or more damage:
B - K - B - (K) - B: with the juggle being (tag launcher)~5, wgf~5, d+3,4,f+1~5, (cd+1,3), cd+3+4,3+4
b+1+2 - total damage: 103 (43 red left)
4~F - total damage: 104
d+3(CH),f~4 - total damage: 121 (note: This one is REALLY tricky, because the juggle seems to actually start from the first low kick)
cd+2 - total damage: 102 (or 104 if you go with (cd+4,1) on the TA part - not too tough)
b,f+4 - total damage: 108 (or 110 if you go with (cd+4,1) as immediately above)

I don't have too much stuff with Kaz leading just yet. I'm not very good with him, or at getting multiple ewgf's. I think there will be potential with ewgfx2~5. When I confirm anything interesting, I will report back.

There is this: with any version of his TP's, d+3,4 picks up just fine. Same with f+1+2, ewgf~5.

Last edited by aviax on Jul 9th, 2012 at 07:35

Signature Autocrat1: "Default winning animation: Bryan punching face, minus punching just twerking"

MCP
MCP=(0_o)
#126 “Quote” Edit Post
Awesome information, thanks a lot!

ch d+3,4~f guaranteed for a full tag juggle? o_0
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#127 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MCP
Awesome information, thanks a lot!

ch d+3,4~f guaranteed for a full tag juggle? o_0

Yep, but the transitions to and from the ewgf allow for more or less NO margin of error. Also, Kaz's cd+4,1 will not work as the TA filler at the end. You can get cd+1,3, although the timing is really tricky here, too (Kaz's filler immediately, Bruce's ender at max CD extension). wgf is easier, but you'd give up 9 damage.

Side note: d+3(CH),4~F~5 has some easier teamwork:

B - Jack - B - (J) - B
d+3(CH),4~F~5, f,f+1+2~5, d+3,4,f+1~5, (d/b+1+2,1+2), cd+3+4,3+4 (117 damage - 40 red remaining)

Last edited by aviax on Jul 12th, 2012 at 00:08

Adnanish
Whiff and die trying
PSN: Adnanish
#128 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Lostprophet1
For the life of me I just can't seem to connect d+3,4 after ws+2,1. Am I just not dashing in/not quick enough?

It takes a quick dash and yea youre probably not quick enough, its hard in the beginning but once you get the timing it gets alot easier. I have a personal trick that works for me every time; i start doing the dashinput after the 2 has hit and before the animation is over. But just keep practising and suddenly at one point you can do it consistently

Aviax, Cheers man! Its such a great help with all this information and youre helping out all the Bruce players bigtime who have no access to TTT2, thanks!
Signature
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#129 “Quote” Edit Post
Here's another bit of Kaz/Bruce stuff:

K - B:

d/f+2(CH),5, d+3,4,f+1...

Registers as a TC, if you're quick enough (and it's not tough at all - just remember that it can be done when the time comes, and you should have no problems)

EDIT: and the same goes for f+1+2,5, d+3,4,f+1

Last edited by aviax on Jul 15th, 2012 at 17:56

aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#130 “Quote” Edit Post
Rather than edit the previous post, I'll make a new one, since the overall point touches on more than Kaz as a partner. First, I'll point out that, with Kaz leading

(2),4(CH),5, d+3,4,f+1

also registers as a TC. This means, I think, that Bruce can take any unrecoverable stun created by his partner and TC-ify it with d+3,4,f+1. This should allow Bruce to add 54 points of damage (no red bar) onto any such stun - d+3,4,f+1, 3cd1, 3cd1, 3cd2.

Some stuns I will try out to see if any don't work would be:

Jack - f+3CH
Bry - b+2CH_b+2,1
Yoshi - d/f+2,2
Ganny - d/b+1+2~2

Any others that aren't too hard to land, say, against early CPU opponents..? I'm open to suggestions/requests.

EVADE <Launch+>
Fujin
#131 “Quote” Edit Post
Marduk ws+2 Ch
Lars df+2 ch
Heihachi b+2 ch
Signature <Launch+> FTW!!

Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, U.S.A, Indonesia
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#132 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by EVADE <Launch+>
Marduk ws+2 Ch
Lars df+2 ch
Heihachi b+2 ch

Will do.

For now, I can confirm the following stuns can be TC'ed by Bruce coming in with d+3,4,f+1 (or d+3,4,1,4 near walls, of course):

Jack - f+3CH
Ganny - d/b+1+2~2
Yoshi - ss+4_KIN,4CH, f+2CH, f,f+3CH (but this one results in a face-down bounce), d/f+2,2,5,d+3 registers as a
TC technically, but the d+3 doesn't lift the opp. It just occurred to me now that I should have checked flash, but I get the feeling it won't work
Kaz - all stuns other than f+3CH, but d/f+2CH allows for a ewgf~5 transition to Bruce's d+3,4... as well.
Bry - his backfist stuns. Forgot to check ws+3CH

aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#133 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by EVADE <Launch+>
Marduk ws+2 Ch
Lars df+2 ch
Heihachi b+2 ch

All the above work just fine. I also checked Hei's f+3CH and ws+2CH. They both work just fine, too. But then a funny thing happened on my way (back) to the Forum, if you will...

Just for s&g, I tried Hei's f+3CH,5 into Bruce's (2)d+4,3...

...and it... worked.

I gotta run for now, but - long story short (and to be updated with an edit later) - if you want a long juggle to the wall, go with (2),d+4,3.

(BACK FOR EDIT/UPDATE)

Anyway, with stuns like Hei's f+3CH, where the opp crumples face down in front of Bruce, I was able to get (2),d+4,3 to hit and pick the opp up. The red bard flashed and disappeared as I did it, so I know it was a TC. I was able to get it to work on Rog, Marduk, Jinpachi, and Kuma, so I think it might be universal, although I can say the timing might be a bit weird. Maybe counterintuitively, it seems like smaller characters need a slightly later input of the Bruce part - like maybe the 4 has to hit the opp in the face just as his face hits the floor. I dunno. This one is gonna need a bit more looking into.

The thing is, as the first two hits of a juggle, (2),d+4,3 and d+3,4 do exactly the same damage - 14 points, so you should make your decision based on tactical position. Here are the options, as I see them:

- d+3,4,f+1... - open ground option. The f+1 elbow is the hardest hitting bounce he has in this situation (more than d/f+1,2, or d+2, and d+3+4 won't hit after a (2),d+4,3)
- d+3,4,2... - possible option near wall. If the punch pushes to the wall, d+3+4 should hit easily
- d+3,4,3... - a bit further from the wall, but still not too far. The knee does just a shade more damage than the 2 punch
- d+3,4,1,4 - about three paces from the wall
- (2),d+4,3 - right at wall - should allow for a d+3+4 bounce
- (2),d+4,3, 3cd1, 3cd1 - long-distance juggle to wall

Those are just my first thoughts. I'll keep testing stuff out.

Last edited by aviax on Jul 18th, 2012 at 13:20

Eyelander boy
Kyu
XBL: Gods Hammer wp
#134 “Quote” Edit Post
Thank you guys for posting this stuff.
insanelee
tinh yeu
#135 “Quote” Edit Post
after watching more vids of bruce. he seems completely the same. so its another chance for bruce users to actually learn the character and the little intricacies that may have fallen through their grasp in the previous tekken.

bronson.
Signature www.eightarc.com
Kaijah
6th Dan
PSN: kaijah05
#136 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi Hello. I don't know if it's ok to post it here, but can any of you guys give me a suggestion as to who to pair Bruce with? A female character would be nice, since he's the only male player the I play. I tried mixing him up with Xiaoyu yesterday but they won't connect. His TA filler of B+4,3,4 won't match with Xiaoyu's combos. I really love playing Bruce but I find it sad that he won't mix in with my main.

To any anyone who can help me with this thanks!! <3
Signature La critique est aisee mais l'art est diffile.
Nori
Crom is my god
PSN: NoriNY83
XBL: Nori Batousai
#137 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kaijah
Hi Hello. I don't know if it's ok to post it here, but can any of you guys give me a suggestion as to who to pair Bruce with? A female character would be nice, since he's the only male player the I play
Anna
Signature
What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women - Conan the Barbarian
Kaijah
6th Dan
PSN: kaijah05
#138 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Nori
Anna

Any videos?
Signature La critique est aisee mais l'art est diffile.
Wolf Fang RPX
5th Dan
PSN: Psycho_RPX
#139 “Quote” Edit Post
Whats up TZ ?

So here is the deal:

A). I run an Armor King / Bruce team right, but here is the thing, majority of my combos I cant seem to find a Tag assault move with bruce that would leave me high and close enough for me to connect with A.King's Uf+3 to iSW.....I've read in the previous page about Bruce 3,3 so i've yet to try that one and see how that pays off. For some reason I think I just need to spend more time practicing the distance and timing from most of my Tag Assaults cause I have yet to complete a 50% combo.

B).
What's Bruce best moves in terms of making the opponent whiff upon backdashing or SS'ing ? Example: If I connect with A, I can SS/Backdash safely and evade a move that doesnt track and punish upon whiff. something like that...like setups..Idk if this was discussed in the T6 Forum but If so I haven't seen it.
Signature " The day when I get my revenge, I will come after you"

" Fight for what's right"

Wolf Fang RPX: To become a champion one day...
Kakarott SSJ III
Over 9000_0??!!
#140 “Quote” Edit Post
what is the best thing to do w/ bruce after Bryan qcb4, 1, f+4,1 TA? i was trying b,4,3,4 but the last knee whiffs
Signature I EAT SHE EAT