TWT and Tekken Tournaments news and discussion

Page Splits 1...<7891011>
Share This Topic
Share
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
SSfox
Foxstepman
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3340
#161 “Quote” Edit Post
Can somone remind me who's gonna be in TWT finals, are there Top 19 or top 31?
Hasaldo
6th Dan
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 69
#162 “Quote” Edit Post
Top 19 plus Last chance qualifier winner. So 20 total.
SSfox
Foxstepman
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3340
#163 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Hasaldo
Top 19 plus Last chance qualifier winner. So 20 total.


Ok thanks. So Awais is 19 so he's in but barely, but if he does another top 8 i guess he's safe. Tho Atif will have to win another tournament at least i guess, hoping both to make it at TWT finals, i mean after the Tokyo performance it's safe to say that they're around the level of Arslan and Knee at least, would be shame to not see both of those guys at the Finals.
enko
Lone Wolf
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 316
#164 “Quote” Edit Post
Atif Butt has just won Takra cup at Pakistan. I think Atif Butt has surpassed Awais Honey as the best Akuma player in the world. I think Atif Butt is top 3 right now in Pakistan.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2451
From: Spain
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#165 “Quote” Edit Post
Awais happiness didn't last long when that Atiff guy jumped in the scene.

Why didn't Knee attended Tokyo tournament btw?, why wasn't he there?
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

SSfox
Foxstepman
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3340
SSfox
Foxstepman
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3340
#167 “Quote” Edit Post
SuperAkouma vs awaishoney FT25

https://twitter.com/GenuineGamingAU...715859858767872

PS: I've also heard that TheJon (Marduk) beat 10-0 Superakumoua (Akuma), wow if this is true!!

Last edited by SSfox on Nov 5th, 2019 at 17:28

enko
Lone Wolf
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 316
#168 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SSfox
SuperAkouma vs awaishoney FT25

https://twitter.com/GenuineGamingAU...715859858767872

PS: I've also heard that TheJon (Marduk) beat 10-0 Superakumoua (Akuma), wow if this is true!!


That is true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bn...eature=youtu.be

But sa is in these long grueling matches. lol.
enko
Lone Wolf
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 316
#169 “Quote” Edit Post
Here is TheJon beating Awais Honey at Takrap Cup.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYOMFMZG5hk
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2451
From: Spain
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#170 “Quote” Edit Post
enko you were right man these pakistani players are another damn thing!

wish i had interwined when you and mr law began arguing. I now see it man sorry I am slow
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

SSfox
Foxstepman
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3340
#171 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by enko
That is true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bn...eature=youtu.be

But sa is in these long grueling matches. lol.


That's incredible.

It's insane how some of the Pakistani players make players like Superakouma, double or Chikurin look like just Random casual online player. They're really in their own level right now.

Also maybe some adjustments for Akuma are comig?

https://twitter.com/mykeryu/status/1192713661107732482
SSfox
Foxstepman
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3340
#172 “Quote” Edit Post
Wow that Dubai tournament was even more stacked than i though, and there's still top 16 for tomorrow. Pretty dope matches, and glad to see that many Zafina players, this character is just too great.
enko
Lone Wolf
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 316
#173 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SSfox
Wow that Dubai tournament was even more stacked than i though, and there's still top 16 for tomorrow. Pretty dope matches, and glad to see that many Zafina players, this character is just too great.


You are a steve player right? Have you seen Heera Malik's Steve at dubai? It is amazing to watch. It feels like he has this aura. Well he is a legend at Pakistan.
SSfox
Foxstepman
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3340
#174 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by enko
You are a steve player right? Have you seen Heera Malik's Steve at dubai? It is amazing to watch. It feels like he has this aura. Well he is a legend at Pakistan.


Yes, not only he's effective but he also have the style, haven't seen a Steve of that style outside of mine's and of course the True God himself Aka Nin.
SSfox
Foxstepman
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3340
#175 “Quote” Edit Post
I wonder if we'll see any of the Pak guys in Dreamhack next week.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2451
From: Spain
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#176 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by enko
You are a steve player right? Have you seen Heera Malik's Steve at dubai? It is amazing to watch. It feels like he has this aura. Well he is a legend at Pakistan.
Heera looked too nervous though, whereas awais looked focused, and most important, calm. I think that's why he lost to awais.
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

Chinky-Eye
Iron Fist God
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 1663
#177 “Quote” Edit Post
Agreed. Awais seems to have the disposition required for high-pressure tournament play. He's definitely my pick to take the whole thing. Hopefully we get to see his Jin play.
SSfox
Foxstepman
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3340
#178 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Chinky-Eye
Agreed. Awais seems to have the disposition required for high-pressure tournament play. He's definitely my pick to take the whole thing. Hopefully we get to see his Jin play.


Hum... i think you're misunderstood with Atif Buff? from what i understand Awais is base Akuma main, Atif is the one that was a Jin main and switched recently to Akuma.

Since Akuma is getting this slight nerf, i guess most (if not all?) that switched to Akuma are going back to their main, maybe.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2451
From: Spain
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#179 “Quote” Edit Post
Yesterday, The Jon (marduk) scored an impressive 16-20 vs Arshlan Ash. That guy might won some events so long he stays focused. He looked like hot blooded, and there Arshlan got him eventually. Arshlan was Geese.

edit:
jon vs arshlan

Last edited by Fernandito on Nov 16th, 2019 at 22:26

Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

Chinky-Eye
Iron Fist God
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 1663
#180 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SSfox
Hum... i think you're misunderstood with Atif Buff? from what i understand Awais is base Akuma main, Atif is the one that was a Jin main and switched recently to Akuma.

Since Akuma is getting this slight nerf, i guess most (if not all?) that switched to Akuma are going back to their main, maybe.


My bad...got mixed up. I don't think the nerf was enough to dissuade Akuma players from sticking with the character. That being said, there is a pretty good character mix in the top 19 for the TWT final. Hopefully we see some interesting results.

 All times are GMT. The time now is 11:27

Page Splits 1...<7891011>
Moderator Tools
Forum Jump