Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
retsu_himura
Iron Fist God
PSN: acceber evol samoht
XBL: ? ! ? ! ?
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
qcf+2, the moves itself has no high crush property, it's the qcf motion the sneak in under high move. A late high can still interrupt or trade hit.

As for whiff punisher, f+3,4 has a slightly longer range. uf+4 and f+3,4 seems to be the more popular choice of whiff launching from what I see in most match vids, guess its the easiness in input.

I uses it in mixup during wake up game, delay the 2 input during qcf mix with qcf+1. Not very effective, but I do catch a few players occasionally.
Don't have to immediate input the 1 or 2 with qcf, u can input it during the qcf to add a little bit of guessing pressure.
Signature Every new tekken series is a new game.
no matter how early u started tekken,
if u cant follow up with the changes then u'll be out for good.
adipati
Raijin
PSN: thatgarlicguy
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
most of the people i know that using Lei are not using any other character.
because just remembering all Lei's movelists are a lot of work by itself.
So, simple fighter like Feng should be a good addition for a complex character like Lei.

and on the non-technical side, seeing two kung fu master on one team is pretty much like watching an old hongkong movie.
Signature PSN: thatgarlicguy
Add me as your friend, send me an invitation and lets play!
http://www.facebook.com/adipati.rahmat
https://twitter.com/adipatirahmat
retsu_himura
Iron Fist God
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
It's much easier for lei players to pick up feng than for feng players to up lei.
Although Lei is one of the no execution barrier characters, it takes greater effort than feng in learning and using.
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
PSN: OffInBed
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
I picked up Lei in T6...it took me some time, but I feel like I was getting pretty far with him. I stopped using him because I was so frustrated with dropping combos because the angles had to be perfect and such.

I just might pick him back up...who knows. So far, I love jinpachi. Jinpachi and Feng are ridiculously similar fundamentally.
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken

#BUFFLARS
Fhwoarang
Iron Fist God
PSN: Fhwoarang
#45 “Quote” Edit Post
Well, I have played Lei and Feng from years now... not just so much in the T6 world. I feel Feng can't do well in tag juggles.

For instance, Feng does WS 3~5 and Lei gets a 90 damage juggle, without tag assault. He is really good in this version for juggling.

But if Lei does f,f+3~5 (class A launcher), what's the best Feng can get? So far, U/F+4, 1, d/b+1+2, f+3,4 for barely 60+ damage.

Talking about Feng's top moves, how do you use 1+4? I always forget about using it.

Last edited by Fhwoarang on Sep 21st, 2012 at 16:50

Signature My wife loves to talk with me after sex. She called me from a hotel last night.
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#46 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fhwoarang
Well, I have played Lei and Feng from years now... not just so much in the T6 world. I feel Feng can't do well in tag juggles.

For instance, Feng does WS 3~5 and Lei gets a 90 damage juggle, without tag assault. He is really good in this version for juggling.

But if Lei does f,f+3~5 (class A launcher), what's the best Feng can get? So far, U/F+4, 1, d/b+1+2, f+3,4 for barely 60+ damage.

Talking about Feng's top moves, how do you use 1+4? I always forget about using it.

Hm.. I'd would say B! with f+4,3 instead, I'm sure that would work. After f+3,4 do b+1+2.

I might try this combo out myself to see.

Also, 1+4 I have barely used...like..at all.

It's optimal for get up+3 kicks that trip if the angle is awkward and the ws+1 would whiff. Also, after CH qcf+1 with 1+4 you can get a full combo (if you're close enough you can do f+3,4 instead) but other than that I have't done much with it. As a pad player, the input is so awkward and it's a move that would need to be access very quickly.
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

#BUFFLARS
Fhwoarang
Iron Fist God
#47 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh, good point.

So, when KND 3 trips, the staple option is WS 1? Can you do WS 1, f+1, f+4,3 off a KND 3?

I will try also those juggles myself later.
Signature My wife loves to talk with me after sex. She called me from a hotel last night.
wooden-man
Fujin
#48 “Quote” Edit Post

wow, what juggle u do for that 90damage?

the best I could get off lei ff3~5 is only 77damage and with a bit difficulties
Lei ff3~5, feng df3, dash in~1, f4,3 b!, ff4,3, b1+2
(the df3 must land early to allow a dash in 1)
Signature demotion risk

Fhwoarang
Iron Fist God
#49 “Quote” Edit Post
Wooden Man:

Now that you are at it, could you try this?
Lei f,f+3~5, U/F+4, QCF 1+2, f+3,4, b+1+2

Lei's staple is f+3,1, 1+2,1, BT 4,4, f,f+3,4, so you do Feng WS 3~5, Lei f+3,1, etc
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#50 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh, good point.

So, when KND 3 trips, the staple option is WS 1? Can you do WS 1, f+1, f+4,3 off a KND 3?

I will try also those juggles myself later.

If you are face up, feet towards, or face up, feet away. WS+1 will whiff. This is where 1+4 is staple.

For everything else, WS+1 after get up 3 will always work.

I actually might have those mixed up lol. All I know is that there are 2 get up 3 trips that WILL work with WS+1 and 2 get up 3 trips that need 1+4 to work.

#BUFFLARS
wooden-man
Fujin
#51 “Quote” Edit Post
Wooden Man:

Now that you are at it, could you try this?
Lei f,f+3~5, U/F+4, QCF 1+2, f+3,4, b+1+2

Lei's staple is f+3,1, 1+2,1, BT 4,4, f,f+3,4, so you do Feng WS 3~5, Lei f+3,1, etc

I cannot connect the qcf1+2 without an extra jabs at the front
Anyway, lei ff3~5, UFn4, f1, qcf1+2 b!, f3,4, b1+2 cuts 75damage

The lei juggle seem inconsistent for me, whiff the last kick very often,
anyway, feng ws3~5 to that lei juggle cuts 92damage pretty good.
In fact from all the juggle vids, without the help of wall, most of the characters TA! juggle hardly reaches 100 damage.

1+4 can also be use to track opponent sidestepping to feng's right,
but the risk vs reward factor sux, on hit u only gets that little damage, but on block u are seriously screwed.
Signature demotion risk

Fhwoarang
Iron Fist God
#52 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by wooden-man
I cannot connect the qcf1+2 without an extra jabs at the front
Anyway, lei ff3~5, UFn4, f1, qcf1+2 b!, f3,4, b1+2 cuts 75damage

The lei juggle seem inconsistent for me, whiff the last kick very often,
anyway, feng ws3~5 to that lei juggle cuts 92damage pretty good.
In fact from all the juggle vids, without the help of wall, most of the characters TA! juggle hardly reaches 100 damage.

1+4 can also be use to track opponent sidestepping to feng's right,
but the risk vs reward factor sux, on hit u only gets that little damage, but on block u are seriously screwed.

75 damage damage is good, I guess. Do you think this QCF 1+2 juggle is easier than the d/f+3 juggle?

Thank you for testing.

As for 1+2,1, BT 4,4 juggles with Lei, you have to do everything fast and inmediately. Off d/f+2 is easier than with u/f+4. Lei's u/f+4 recovers later than d/f+2. Also, you need to be close to the enemy.

1+2,1 into BT 4,4 is the tricky part, IMO, because he recovers very fast and you have to input BT 4,4 quickly without delays, because you can delay the second 4.

Landing f,f+3,4 is tricky as well.

With Feng's WS 3 is super easy because of the height. With Lei's f,f+3 is also easy. In fact, it's more damaging than using f,f+3~b juggles.

Haven't tested if you can do Feng f+3,4~5, Lei f+3,1. That would be nasty.
wooden-man
Fujin
#53 “Quote” Edit Post
I think the df3 is slightly easier than qcf1+2, except for the ender
lei ff3 seems to launch inbetween class 1 and 2. it's definitely launches higher than class2 but very much lower compare to the regular class1.

Last edited by wooden-man on Sep 21st, 2012 at 20:35

Signature demotion risk

retsu_himura
Iron Fist God
#54 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok guys just tested on the 1,2 jabs frame,
It's not nuetral on block. after block 1,2 your opponent 1 will beat your next 1 jabs.
And your opponent standing 4 will trade hit with your 1jabs.
I'm testing with feng vs feng
wooden-man
Fujin
#55 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by retsu_himura
Ok guys just tested on the 1,2 jabs frame,
It's not nuetral on block. after block 1,2 your opponent 1 will beat your next 1 jabs.
And your opponent standing 4 will trade hit with your 1jabs.
I'm testing with feng vs feng

U might be right on this one, I check the rest of the character in inatekken, 1,2 jabs is listed -1 perhaps they make a typo mistake by adding in an extra 0 after the 1

And I just bought the Prima guides, most of the characters has generic 1,2 jabs at -1 except for a few who had 1,2jabs at zero.

I do relised from inatekken and Prima guides, b,f1 is slightly safer than before, it's -15 on block now,
u still get hop kicked, but punishing at perfect frame situation is highly subjected to screw up if they are now mentally prepare, hesitation of 1frame will screwup the punishment.
Signature demotion risk

guldan
Kyu
#56 “Quote” Edit Post
thanks for the info!
-15 is just fine.. if you dont spam it chances are u wont get punished
i love using this occasionally when opp techs at the wall and blocks a df3 or a df4
Noisepurge
3rd Dan
#57 “Quote” Edit Post
i had trouble finding a partner for Feng too until i settled with Miguel.
Ryoga.p.chan
2nd Dan
#58 “Quote” Edit Post
I used to run Lei - Feng, with good results...
...but they dislike each other (not like, not hate) so getting rage is a little more difficult.
But they have special tag throws to each other (godlike df+1+2~5 from feng and uf+1+2~5 from lei).

A good team, but not the best optimized.
Signature Soy un moucho y estoy loco...
KiteBlue
Virtuoso
PSN: KiteSC
#59 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh. I guess I haven't made one yet. This is not in any particular order.

1. df+1 - Great pressure tool. Can float people waking up.
2. uf+2 - Get out of jail free card.
3. f+3,4 - Best whiff punish combo starter. Does pretty good damage as well for combo starter. Tagable.
4. ss+4 - Quick sweep. Can combo if you knock them off feet.
5. qcf+1 - Good pressure tool. High crush. Does good damage.
6. db+1,2 - I believe this high crushes. Quick and does good damage. Can cancel first hit into one of the stances.
7. b+3+4 - Evasive move with good options to follow up with.
8. uf+4 - Hopkick.
9. db+3 - Fastest low with good range.
10. ws+1,2,1 - Safe pressure tool after bunch of moves that Feng uses.

Last edited by KiteBlue on Jul 1st, 2013 at 02:38

Signature "So how do I burst if I get caught in one[juggle]?"
sph|nx
Virtuoso
PSN: oo-sphinx-oo
#60 “Quote” Edit Post
in no particular order

d/f+1: you know this guy

b+4: stop MOVING!

d/b+3: one of my favourite guys

b+1+2: flattens people for whiffing, delicious hitbox

f+3, 4: everyone knows this guy

ws+1: such a good way in

u/f+2: because F*** YOU! that's why

f+4~b: as I saw OffinBed say once: "see this line, you can't cross this line" lol

1,1: CH tool off of a jab? Yes please. Use this more

b+3+4: mainly the 2 and 3 extensions. I love the ability to induce a whiff pretty safely and punish them severely for it

Honourable mentions:

b,f+1: beautiful

ss+1+2 / ss+4: delicious

Last edited by sph|nx on Aug 5th, 2013 at 12:29