Page Splits 1...<252627
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
PSN: OffInBed
#521 “Quote” Edit Post
I think I'm going to try to land it in the open...I'm going to spend hours today trying to do that.

I guess the input would have to be f,f~b~f+3,4. To cancel the dash in as quick as possible. Is he still too far after that?
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken

#BUFFLARS
Vash1422
Master
PSN: Vash1422
#522 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by OffInBed
I think I'm going to try to land it in the open...I'm going to spend hours today trying to do that.

I guess the input would have to be f,f~b~f+3,4. To cancel the dash in as quick as possible. Is he still too far after that?

Well, I have some bad news and some really really good news.

Bad news: f+3,4 is nearly impossible to hit, if even possible, it's just too far away to cancel effectively.

Really good news? fff+4 combos with the f+4 launcher... He gets a juggle from it, and it really isn't that difficult. Maybe a little tight, but certainly not just frame or anything.
Jesus, Feng is too good. 2 Parries that give juggles now. Man.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jWe...eature=youtu.be

Excuse the multiple button presses. I was excited.
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#523 “Quote” Edit Post
OH MAN I WAS JUST ABOUT TO COME AND SAY THE SAME SHIET!!!

You could do much more damage if you do f+4~b, b, u+2 to B!. It's like....20 more damage or less.

I need to record shit too!
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

#BUFFLARS
Vash1422
Master
PSN: Vash1422
#524 “Quote” Edit Post
OH MAN I WAS JUST ABOUT TO COME AND SAY THE SAME SHIET!!!

You could do much more damage if you do f+4~b, b, u+2 to B!. It's like....20 more damage or less.

I need to record shit too!

Lol. Yeah, f+4~b U2 nets me 6 more damage on that juggle. Goes from 119 to 125. I just couldn't get it to hit very consistently so I just recorded the one I got.
Btw, it's very consistent. Easiest way to pull it off is to buffer a dash, then just do f4. Something like ff,n,f4. Hits every time, and once you get the timing it's easy.

I've tried other moves too and I can't find anything better than that. Feng is sick.
aaheadbanger666
6th Dan
PSN: Ishan--666
#525 “Quote” Edit Post
Excellent find Vash..... Btw gotta love feng for his parries (Can't believe we can punish stuff that is safe on block for 100+ dmg) hahahaha
Signature T7 Lee model is amazing. God Bless Harada and his team

THE GEESE IS LEESE!!!
KiwE
Warrior
#526 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm having a hard time incorporating f4 into my game. I understand it's awesome; but I just don't understand it's place.

So when and how do you guys use f4 in order to get it to hit?

Thanks.
Signature Listen to my latest DJset (Electro/House) @
http://i.mixcloud.com/CBHCx1
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#527 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by KiwE
I'm having a hard time incorporating f4 into my game. I understand it's awesome; but I just don't understand it's place.

So when and how do you guys use f4 in order to get it to hit?

Thanks.

f+4 has got to be my favvooorrriiteee attack.

It's a great whiff punisher, arguably one of the best in the game. Let's look at it on paper:

18f

Kinda tracks (I think it's press forward before the kick that makes it always track)

Launches

safe if you go into BT

great range

Follow up with 3 or 4 when you read that an opponent will take the bait

This is certainly an attack that you want to familiarize yourself with as far as range/hit box.

The way you want to use it is sort of like a zoning attack. Think of Feng swinging his leg up as if he's like, "See this line? You can't cross this line!". It's an attack you want to stay true to when you're in life lead and the clock is ticking down. You severely limit your opponents options when it comes to closing the gap on this attack.

Anything that they do that is a mid/high (unless it crushes high) will end up getting clipped by this attack. You'd be forcing them to think about ways to get behind that wall of safe launchness, which, is obviously a dashing in attack that crushing high and covers some really good range.

This of course is character dependent. f+4 is NOT ideal against Asuka for example lol.

Anyway, you're pretty much throwing out a long range tracking launch at the cost of nothing. Go into BT and hold d/b into safety.

When you think you're opponent is going to make that attempt to high crush and attack, that's when you'd follow through with the 3 kick, which is only 10f punishable and if you're doing a great job with the range, many characters will whiff anyway.

Anytime that you feel that your opponent just might go in for the kill, remind that that they aren't allowed such liberty and throw out a f+4 and show them you don't play that shit. I highly recommend you learn the timing with f+4~BT b, u+2 for maximum damage.

To summarize everything, get VERY familiar with the range of f+4, and while you're throwing it out, claiming your territory, pay attention closely to how your opponent responds. You want to pay very close attention to what they might be trying to pull off.

Hope that helped!

#BUFFLARS
adipati
Raijin
PSN: thatgarlicguy
#528 “Quote” Edit Post
nice explanation man

i just want to add that, f+4 is a very good addition to our lack of safe standing launcher options
most character got their shares of df2, but we didnt have that
qcf+2 (dragon fist) is - 14 on block, df+3 is too slow and its range is too short, f+3,4 is punisher only
the other launcher is ws, sweep and hopkick
so, to not making use of f+4 is kinda a big loss of opportunity.
other character that has safe standing launcher, loves to spam their shit
like, who knows they're getting lucky? its gives a big reward

so f+4 should act like those. just remember, do not spam it without thinking
always be ready when f+4 connects, since UF+2B! has a pretty strict timing
and also, when f+4 blocked, always have an (always changing) escape plan ready
by always changing i mean, if we go directly from BT to front, some people will automatically punish it with long range launcher, like Asuka f+2 or DWGF
so keep change your escape plan with BT variations, simply duck in BT (hoping to catch a whiffed attack), or hold db while BT to a FC facing forward and ws+3. works wonderfull sometimes. well, sometimes. nothing is guaranteed in this game

@ offinbed
the artwork used in tekkenchicken is made by my close friend, he's also my sparring partner
good to know that you're also in the project.
and also, i managed to saw you playing in Final Round XVI, too bad you got eliminated, bro
Signature PSN: thatgarlicguy
Add me as your friend, send me an invitation and lets play!
http://www.facebook.com/adipati.rahmat
https://twitter.com/adipatirahmat
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#529 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by adipati

@ offinbed
the artwork used in tekkenchicken is made by my close friend, he's also my sparring partner
good to know that you're also in the project.
and also, i managed to saw you playing in Final Round XVI, too bad you got eliminated, bro

Good addition to my post!!

I didn't even realize Feng had no REAL safe launchers like d/f+2s and stuff lol.

Tell Erfan I said hi!!! I'm actually planing on e-mailing him very soon, I want to add a section in the app that will keep track of tournaments. I also want to move towards representing your tekken scene more since he requested that be done.

I lost to Cano and Fab. I definitely could have beaten either of them, but I'm not upset about those losses either. Hopefully next time I'll do better! Thanks!!

#BUFFLARS
MEECH
1st Dan
#530 “Quote” Edit Post
f+4 has got to be my favvooorrriiteee attack.

It's a great whiff punisher, arguably one of the best in the game. Let's look at it on paper:

18f

Kinda tracks (I think it's press forward before the kick that makes it always track)

Launches

safe if you go into BT

great range

Follow up with 3 or 4 when you read that an opponent will take the bait

This is certainly an attack that you want to familiarize yourself with as far as range/hit box.

The way you want to use it is sort of like a zoning attack. Think of Feng swinging his leg up as if he's like, "See this line? You can't cross this line!". It's an attack you want to stay true to when you're in life lead and the clock is ticking down. You severely limit your opponents options when it comes to closing the gap on this attack.

Anything that they do that is a mid/high (unless it crushes high) will end up getting clipped by this attack. You'd be forcing them to think about ways to get behind that wall of safe launchness, which, is obviously a dashing in attack that crushing high and covers some really good range.

This of course is character dependent. f+4 is NOT ideal against Asuka for example lol.

Anyway, you're pretty much throwing out a long range tracking launch at the cost of nothing. Go into BT and hold d/b into safety.

When you think you're opponent is going to make that attempt to high crush and attack, that's when you'd follow through with the 3 kick, which is only 10f punishable and if you're doing a great job with the range, many characters will whiff anyway.

Anytime that you feel that your opponent just might go in for the kill, remind that that they aren't allowed such liberty and throw out a f+4 and show them you don't play that shit. I highly recommend you learn the timing with f+4~BT b, u+2 for maximum damage.

To summarize everything, get VERY familiar with the range of f+4, and while you're throwing it out, claiming your territory, pay attention closely to how your opponent responds. You want to pay very close attention to what they might be trying to pull off.

Hope that helped!

This was a great breakdown of F+4 offinbed. I never looked at F+4 as zoning tool. Im gonna make sure to incorporate this move more into my game. Man, I have a lot work to do to become at least decent at the game itself and as a feng player.
xxmjxx
Kyu
#531 “Quote” Edit Post
Hello Guys,

I am rather new to Tekken Tag 2, I am learning with Feng and Kept 2nd player as Jun can you please tell me what will be the best tag filler with jun on Feng's combos to maximize the output...

thanks in advance
adipati
Raijin
#532 “Quote” Edit Post
On open play

Feng Uf+4,df+1,df+1,f+4,3 B! Jun b+2,1,4 Feng 3~4,3
You could replace Jun filler b+2,1,4 with f,f+2,3_u/f+4,3_f+3,f+1+2, IZU 2
Jun f+2, u/f+3, 1+4, d/f+2,2 B! Feng f+3,4 Jun f,f+2,3

On wall
Feng W! f+4,3 B! Jun b+2,1,1 Feng f+3,4
Jun W! d/f+2,2 B! Feng 3,3,4 Jun b+2,1,1

Jun has f+2 that tag able after launching and so does Feng's f+3,4.
you should try tag after those launcher to kill opponent red bar
xxmjxx
Kyu
#533 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks adipati for the post i tried jun's open combo but the last hit ff+2,3 wiffs
and the idea of red blood depletion is great i tried with feng and it really drained the blood really fast also gave me position for jun's setups afterwards.The combos i tried are

uf+4,df+1,f+4,3 B! [Jun] f2 f+3,4 b+1+2 =78 dmg

also can you please tell me what will be the best combo after db+4 of feng

thanks in advance....
Signature M.J.
adipati
Raijin
#534 “Quote” Edit Post
Feng,
db+4, 2~1 B! Jun f+2 Feng ff 4,3 d+4,1+2
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#535 “Quote” Edit Post
Guys! I need help

I was so excited the other day, I found a way to reset with Feng if the opponents don't tech roll.

To give you an idea of how awesome it was, the first half of the combo was about 40-60 damage depending on the launcher. I would ONLY use it when my opponent has netsu on their other character. What I'm doing is forcing them to tag crash or tech roll. If they tag crash, they obviously lose rage and red health, if they tech roll then they are forced to raw tag when the find the opportunity.

Now, I CANNOT REMEMBER HOW I APPLIED IT!!! It was super easy to do, but the notation when something like this:

u/f+4, d/f+1, d/f+1, f+3, f+1, f+3 (RESET HERE)

What happens is, once they hit the ground the before the last f+3, the combo is over, however they still get floated. Notice how I didn't B!? That means that AFTER that reset, you still have the chance to B!. I was doing 120 dmg combos with no walls because of this reset, all because my opponent wouldn't want to tech or tag crash. If they do tech roll during the f+3, you're not punishable at all, nothing to lose there.

I can't really remember the notation. I think this worked on Kazuya, I tried Steve Fox but I couldn't figure it out.

I would like to ask all of you to try messing around with Feng f+3 as a resetter. I'm really sad about not knowing exactly what I did. I did it like....dozens of times in prac mode, I just can't seem to remember how it was set up

#BUFFLARS
adipati
Raijin
#536 “Quote” Edit Post
its been forever since i post, although i did read every new posts.

IMO, the community pretty dead right now. maybe because some games is taking tekken spotlight, like Ultra SFIV and marvels. i play those two you know. its kinda refreshing to learn other games beside tekken. Street fighter improves my footsies and playing marvel makes my input more precise.
but, when i start up my ps3 again and play tekken, i realized where i always belong

tekken has been a part of my life. and so did feng. i THROUGH a lot with him. its almost he was my best friend. i knew a lot of him, and hate him a lot because many things that feng doesnt have.
i had a lot of doubts, since tekken has so many rosters to pick, and a lot of them is better than feng.
but how could i leave a character that defines me? a character that once makes me famous?
i always stick with feng in tournaments because i want him to be a champion. because no one else could.
but almost always failing in major tourneys.

so now, maybe i should do some more research, finds some more mechanics to keep feng improving.
so maybe some other new players could take our mantle and make feng a champion he deserves
Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#537 “Quote” Edit Post
I love using Feng. Using him with Lei has completely revived my love for Tekken, I love those obscure mixup characters with loads of confusing moves. Although he is a 'bad guy'...
Signature

Favorite quote: Everyone worse than you is a noob, and everybody better has no life...
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#538 “Quote” Edit Post
I use Feng/King, Feng on point. I am very impressed with the team's wall carry.

Feng uf+4, df+1, f,f+1, f+4,3 (TA!), King F+2,2,1, Feng f,f+1,3 (W!), f,f, 1,2, b+1+2
^
I usually use King 1+2,3 instead of the f+2,2,1 just because it's an easier combo. But this combo gives an extra hit of wall carry, and can even carry to the wall on the Italy stage from the start of a round.

Feng has a good 2-hit TA! with f,f+4,3. Works well with King. 3,3,4 is good on the wall into King wall throw, and King 1+2,3 into Feng f+3,4 is an easy wall combo, using the same TA! with King on the wall as in the open stage.

I like how King gets a full TA! combo off of uf+1+2 and FC df+1 now. King seems very buffed in TTT2 to me.
Sweeney
Berserker
PSN: DoDaDorya
#539 “Quote” Edit Post
Edit
Whoops wrong thread please ignore post.
Signature Now Testify!