Anna's most useless move : Frozen Needle.

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
BlueBolter
#Anna4T7FR
PSN: BlueBolter
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Frozen Needle is by my sight her most useless move . It is very previsible . Only a noob will fall for it . Even the AI doesn't fall for it . Every rare times I use it , I get punished .

For those who don't know the notation :
df3,2,1,4
CJM ff4

So discuss ...What are your thoughts about it.
Signature " at least Anna Nicole's got an angle to 'em. Anna's are just straight up McDonald's brows. Girl gotta get it together. Those are tweezers, not lawnmowers.
"
- scarletcord

#Anna4T7FR
Shadowcrow
1st Dan
PSN: Cavernoth
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
I find 2,1,4 to be useful if used very rarely. They may think it's just your 1,2 jabs and start pressing buttons and get caught by your 4. Doesn't work at all against descent turtles, but I think Anna may be one of the harder characters to turtle against. For me it's just another mind game she has that I use very rarely, once a match at tops if at all. The more offensive my opponent is the more likely I may use this move. I also find that 2,1,4 is the only somewhat viable way to use frost needle, the rest just suck.
Mr. Taxi
GGPOGFYKTHX"BI"
PSN: Mr-Taxi-
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
You can use CJM ff+4 to punish raw tag.
I've seen a high level japanese Anna player in BR do df+3,2,1,4 and CH his opponent trying to ws punish after ducking the 2. It's kinda gimmicky, but all you need is one juggle like that to turn the game around in a tournament setting.
Signature "oh yeh, what the fuck is technically? technically u won? techinically, you are the world best. just go to korea then technically destroy every shitty korean players. you are technically the best." - SeGi Hong

""He's really mean when you get to know him and has nothing going on in his life except Tekken"" - Cuddle Core

My Anna Oki Video
BlueBolter
#Anna4T7FR
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
I found a use for df3,2,1,4 even if you would be unsafe after it using the wall for 89dmg.

df2 df3,2 DF~Qcf1 f3,2 ff3,4,3F df3,2,1,4

Even if I prefer stick to

df2 df3,2 DF~qcf1 f3,2 ff3,4,3~b CJM ff3

For 84dmg
Signature " at least Anna Nicole's got an angle to 'em. Anna's are just straight up McDonald's brows. Girl gotta get it together. Those are tweezers, not lawnmowers.
"
- scarletcord

#Anna4T7FR
BlueBolter
#Anna4T7FR
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
So...... does everyone agree that frozen needle sucks and Assasin's dagger rock?
"
- scarletcord

#Anna4T7FR
AnnaWilliamWins
Expert
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
The rolling version of frost needle doesn't suck so much. The roll is quick and high crushing and has a mid as well to prevent ducking. Also it's motion and power is more realistic out of the roll then in her strings. It would be much more useful if she had that roll out of her normal stance with the command of f,f+3+4 which is less visible and unpredictable to see coming than having to be in CJM first.

Now her stringed version sucks because her 1,2,1 or 2,1 or df+3,2,1 strings come with a following 4 which frost needle which is a high or a following d+4 which is a low. She has no mid so anybody who knows her is obviously going to duck and evade the high and block or parry the low. This is what is imbalanced about all of her string starting with 1 or 2 and they really need to fix that.

Also as I already mentioned the attack just doesn't even realistically flow with the string. Her blonde bomb would've made much more sense and she should've had this in the first place. It flows much more realistically, it's a mid which keep opponents guessing between a mid and a low and it gives her blonde bomb attack more meaning and usefulness like nina's.
Signature (tekken voice) ANNA WILLAMS WINS!