Gengetsu doesn't convert into Knee Wrecker?

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Killa-Eyez
Kyu
PSN: Me-no-Satsu
XBL: MenoSatsu
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Why isn't QCF+3 converting into WS+3(2) a thing? Seems only natural. QCF+3 on counter does not give you good options for combo's.
Rezz
Dragon Lord
PSN: RezzEternal
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Killa-Eyez
Why isn't QCF+3 converting into WS+3(2) a thing? Seems only natural. QCF+3 on counter does not give you good options for combo's.

CH QCF+3 into ws+3 is already a thing but is really tight to pull off.

QCF+3 is already -13 which I feel is ok for a low that high crushes and gives a free demo man on CH. That means most characters will only get a moderately decent punish if blocked with only 3 people being able to launch it. If they were going to make it a true CH launcher (meaning more consistent), they would probably make it -14 or maybe even -15, which means even more people get launches. Then it would be a true high risk/high reward type of thing and it wouldn't really be something to just throw out.
Signature
Killa-Eyez
Kyu
PSN: Me-no-Satsu
XBL: MenoSatsu
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rezz
CH QCF+3 into ws+3 is already a thing but is really tight to pull off.

QCF+3 is already -13 which I feel is ok for a low that high crushes and gives a free demo man on CH. That means most characters will only get a moderately decent punish if blocked with only 3 people being able to launch it.

It is only so by an extra down input after the animation from CH QCF+3, which to me doesn't feel natural as the move already is low and you have to rise up to N position anyway. So why not make it an WS animation?

If they were going to make it a true CH launcher (meaning more consistent), they would probably make it -14 or maybe even -15, which means even more people get launches. Then it would be a true high risk/high reward type of thing and it wouldn't really be something to just throw out.

I could live with that. I don't dish it out that often anyways, let alone purposely on CH. Would be nice that once it does happen you could convert into a decent combo, instead of just being able to only consistently Demo Man it.

I mainly use it as pokes or even as mix ups between that and QCF3+4.
I feel it's a good opportunity for a combo lost.

Last edited by Killa-Eyez on Feb 17th, 2020 at 13:46