Page Splits 1...<34567>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#81 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Great_Dark_Hero
Another is that her return as she is now was well-received for the most part, barring a vocal minority that despises whatever change they made to the character.

It's not about "whatever changes." The changes people complain about are specifically the personality and the alternate outfit issues. You don't see anyone complain about her new default outfit or her new hairstyle or any of the new moves displayed in the trailer.

I mean, come on. She acts like a little girl now all the while having an attire with a cleavage huge enough to reveal her bra, and that in an "officer" outfit as well. It's like a horny teenage boy's wet hentai dream come true.

And, as I said: People on website love to complain, even if it is ultimately insignificant (and this, I am not not necessarily wrong about).

Well, you're not right, either. Significance is subjective. You can't be right or wrong about that because it's up to every person to determine what they think is significant or insignificant.
Signature Originally posted by MysticwinD
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
Hasaldo
6th Dan
#82 “Quote” Edit Post
What we can agree with is that folks will at least be given the chance to make the character shine in major tournaments or otherwise.

Yeah, definitely would be interesting to see how well she'll perform in tournaments. I thought Channel was really excited about her. Hope he starts using her in tourneys.

On a different note, I'm wondering how her pc/wall bounce move will be on block. Only other pc/wall bounce combination I know of is laws ff3/ds f3, which is -18 if I recall correctly.
MmickeysS
Champion
PSN: MmickeysS
#83 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Hasaldo

On a different note, I'm wondering how her pc/wall bounce move will be on block. Only other pc/wall bounce combination I know of is laws ff3/ds f3, which is -18 if I recall correctly.

Gigas d+1+2 PC and WB (-13)
Noctis f+1+4 PC and WB (-13)
Signature sugoi SUGOI!!
http://goo.gl/ebpTPu
Great_Dark_Hero
Lone Wolf
#84 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Climbing Dragon
It's not about "whatever changes." The changes people complain about are specifically the personality and the alternate outfit issues. You don't see anyone complain about her new default outfit or her new hairstyle or any of the new moves displayed in the trailer.

I mean, come on. She acts like a little girl now all the while having an attire with a cleavage huge enough to reveal her bra, and that in an "officer" outfit as well. It's like a horny teenage boy's wet hentai dream come true.

Well, you're not right, either. Significance is subjective. You can't be right or wrong about that because it's up to every person to determine what they think is significant or insignificant.

Like I said once before to someone else, YMMV. Don't play the character if it bothers you that much. Invest your training time on some other character that does appeal to you. Either that, or you can continue playing the character and deal with it. Do what you need to do.

You find these changes significant enough to make a big deal out it. I find these complaints insignificant. If you want to keep debating over this, then PM me. I don't want this thread to derail into pure drama.
Signature KOF player who likes Tekken.
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#85 “Quote” Edit Post
@dodecadozen

In that case, assuming that everyone is going to agree to every little thing that you and the few others complain about is even worse. Another is that her return as she is now was well-received for the most part, barring a vocal minority that despises whatever change they made to the character.

Look, you have brought this down to the personal level, rather than staying with discussing Julia.

I'm asking a question from an objective POV here. What purpose does it serve for a fighting game character to have layers to personality? Characters are designed to appeal to the player instantly. Making Julia a cringy Twitch IRL streamer, but also keeping her "spirits, give me strength" persona will just give an incongruous vibe. If you can live with this, your standards for aesthetics are lower than the people complaining here. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. But it doesn't sit well with some people here and you don't seem to respect that difference in perspective. The problem we're talking about here is not really Julia but your intolerance towards others' thoughts.

Let me clearly say I'm not asking you to agree with me. What's the connection between you assuming that fighting game characters could have layers to their personality and shit, and me supposedly assuming you agree with me? You like the changes and you're just rationalizing it by saying "layers to personality". That doesn't mean your fantasy rationalization is the one true path for everyone to "accept new Julia into their hearts".

And it doesn't serve my purpose if you agree OR disagree, because I'm basically NOT ADDRESSING YOU when I talk about Julia. And I don't care to change your opinion.

But I don't understand why you have problems with people complaining when the nature of the complaint is not objectively unreasonable, just that you don't agree with it.

You seem happy about the changes, good for you. But there are people who are not happy about SOME of the changes, not all. There are bound to be. And you're making generalizations about the character and mindset of people here and saying that people who complain are doing it just for the heck of it.

Either get some reading comprehension lessons or get off your high horse. In my eyes, your opinion is as invalid as what you think of my opinion.

As for that outfit being ridiculous? That's your opinion. Not everyone is going to give a care about something as little that. YOU may find it ridiculous. Many others are not going to and will think it is going to take a lot more than that to really derail the character. It still won't be enough to really help or damage the character. Her having alternate costumes of this nature shouldn't shock anyone. This is a case of YMMV. I just find these complaints either pointless or arbitrary. And, as I said: People on website love to complain, even if it is ultimately insignificant (and this, I am not not necessarily wrong about).

It may be insignificant in your eyes. The excessive cleavage may not break the character. But it doesn't fit the character in terms of what we have seen so far, is what I was originally saying. I agree it's YMMV because you're not forced to play with the "affair-with-the-boss" costume.

And I wasn't saying burn NamcoBandai down because boobs. I was making a comment on the developers' attitudes and inclinations.

I made a suggestion to that other member based on what we discussed. It's his choice on what he wants to do. If you don't like a character for some reason or another, don't play them. Save yourself the headache. Play someone else. Unless you are trying to adjust to specific match up or learn how to defend a certain move or play style (or condition yourself to punish something on whiff or block).

Nobody was even asking you for such a "suggestion." If people don't sync with the character that badly, it is natural that they will not play them. Why are you being so hostile about it though?

And, now will probably be a good time to change this subject before it starts to derail into an argument over the character.

Like I said before, this really isn't an arguement over Julia but your condescending tone and high-handedness.

I'm not interested in a reply from you.

You find these changes significant enough to make a big deal out it. I find these complaints insignificant. If you want to keep debating over this, then PM me. I don't want this thread to derail into pure drama.

And nobody is really asking to debate with you. Yeah, let's not further derail this into "pure drama".

There always gonna be one or two princesses who think they're above everyone else.
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] for T7!
MmickeysS
Champion
PSN: MmickeysS
#86 “Quote” Edit Post
I wonder if it's the website's UI that makes this place so frigid.
Signature sugoi SUGOI!!
http://goo.gl/ebpTPu
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#87 “Quote” Edit Post
Like I said once before to someone else, YMMV. Don't play the character if it bothers you that much. Invest your training time on some other character that does appeal to you. Either that, or you can continue playing the character and deal with it. Do what you need to do.

I've never once said I'm not going to play Julia because of the changes. In fact, I stated the exact opposite in this very thread earlier. I'm not looking to cause any unnecessary drama or personal animosity here either, I'm just asking you to be more understanding and respectful towards other people's opinions, that's all.
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
Great_Dark_Hero
Lone Wolf
#88 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dodecadozen
Look, you have brought this down to the personal level, rather than staying with discussing Julia.

I'm asking a question from an objective POV here. What purpose does it serve for a fighting game character to have layers to personality? Characters are designed to appeal to the player instantly. Making Julia a cringy Twitch IRL streamer, but also keeping her "spirits, give me strength" persona will just give an incongruous vibe. If you can live with this, your standards for aesthetics are lower than the people complaining here. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. But it doesn't sit well with some people here and you don't seem to respect that difference in perspective. The problem we're talking about here is not really Julia but your intolerance towards others' thoughts.

Let me clearly say I'm not asking you to agree with me. What's the connection between you assuming that fighting game characters could have layers to their personality and shit, and me supposedly assuming you agree with me? You like the changes and you're just rationalizing it by saying "layers to personality". That doesn't mean your fantasy rationalization is the one true path for everyone to "accept new Julia into their hearts".

And it doesn't serve my purpose if you agree OR disagree, because I'm basically NOT ADDRESSING YOU when I talk about Julia. And I don't care to change your opinion.

But I don't understand why you have problems with people complaining when the nature of the complaint is not objectively unreasonable, just that you don't agree with it.

You seem happy about the changes, good for you. But there are people who are not happy about SOME of the changes, not all. There are bound to be. And you're making generalizations about the character and mindset of people here and saying that people who complain are doing it just for the heck of it.

Either get some reading comprehension lessons or get off your high horse. In my eyes, your opinion is as invalid as what you think of my opinion.

It may be insignificant in your eyes. The excessive cleavage may not break the character. But it doesn't fit the character in terms of what we have seen so far, is what I was originally saying. I agree it's YMMV because you're not forced to play with the "affair-with-the-boss" costume.

And I wasn't saying burn NamcoBandai down because boobs. I was making a comment on the developers' attitudes and inclinations.

Nobody was even asking you for such a "suggestion." If people don't sync with the character that badly, it is natural that they will not play them. Why are you being so hostile about it though?

Like I said before, this really isn't an arguement over Julia but your condescending tone and high-handedness.

I'm not interested in a reply from you.

And nobody is really asking to debate with you. Yeah, let's not further derail this into "pure drama".

There always gonna be one or two princesses who think they're above everyone else.

Evidently, you got something against me.

And, this weird-ass is calling me hostile.

Okay.

What the fuck are you smoking? Fantasy rationalization? Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

Let's get a few things straight here.

I'm indifferent towards the changes made to this character, including the costumes. I don't like or dislike them so don't you fucking make that assumption, you worthless pissant. My "tastes" are not even the main issue here, if that's what you really think (as if you are even capable of doing that in the first place).

And, who the fuck are you to talk about "reading comprehension" after all that nonsense? A sorry, uneducated scumbag like you wouldn't even know what that means. You are in no position to tell me ANYTHING. The one thing you are right about is that you and your silly ass opinions towards this subject or even towards me are not actually worth anything. Two can play that game: The truth is, you are less than nothing and that is all you'll ever be. Right up until the day you die. In MY eyes, this is what you and anything else you say will amount to.

All I did was make a comment about folks complaining way too much and I am sure as hell not wrong for making that statement. I initially left it at that until someone replied. And, this is where it lead to. A lot of people in here love to complain! And, based on how this turned out, this isn't really going to get that much better. And, even then, I still go as far as to at acknowledge that subjectivity still applies. YMMV as stated.

If you were not interested in any reply from me, then shut the fuck up.

Last edited by Great_Dark_Hero on Feb 20th, 2019 at 08:51

Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#89 “Quote” Edit Post
Welp, there goes the last ounce of whatever credibility you had left.
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#90 “Quote” Edit Post
Evidently, you got something against me.

bla bla bla

then shut the fuck up.

Bwahahahahaha! What is this?

Says "I don't want this thread to devolve into pure drama". Devolves it into pure drama anyway.

Listen, champ, maybe that teenage-angst flavoured jello that is your brain makes it hard to see things clearly. So, I'll let it go here. Good luck with your anger issues.
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] for T7!
Great_Dark_Hero
Lone Wolf
#91 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dodecadozen Bullshit

Teen angst?

After all those shit posts you made and you're trying to talk to me about anger issues. You really are a special case.

I'm surprised you're even alive at this point with how mentally retarded you actually are.

@Climbing Dragon

As if I really need your approval.
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#92 “Quote” Edit Post
One thing that just occurred to me is that maybe Julia's d/f+4,2,b,f+1 will produce blue sparks while the Tekken Revolution simplified version (without the b,f input) will not. Kinda like Leo's BBP produces blue sparks only if you include the qcf input.
Hasaldo
6th Dan
#93 “Quote” Edit Post
I always liked the blue spark moves in tekken. I remember Jin also had a bunch of hidden moves which gave blue sparks, but they took that out. Glad they're adding more now.
Julia's blue spark move could also be a timing issue, like Paul's demo man. We'll see.

Edit:
Originally posted by MmickeysS
Gigas d+1+2 PC and WB (-13)
Noctis f+1+4 PC and WB (-13)

Tanks for the info. Had forgotten about those. I suspect Julia's version will be at least -14 since it seems faster.
Great_Dark_Hero
Lone Wolf
#94 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm sorry y'all had to deal with that.

I spoke way out of line, looking at this in retrospect.
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#95 “Quote” Edit Post
It'll be interesting to see if the blue spark version will do more damage. That's especially important if you use the string as her wall combo ender, unless, of course, she has a new more damaging option.
Psajdak
Kyu
#96 “Quote” Edit Post
I didn't read every single post in this thread, but for most part, I agree with Great_Dark_Hero...

I'm not playing latest Tekken games, since for a while now I was thinking of taking my time with every game in series in order of release, so to finish every character's story for each game, maybe mess around, learn some combos even if they don't carry to later games - simply to work on my reflexes a bit, I guess.

That being said, I'm familiar with series to some degree since I did played some previous games randomly, I also have original Tekken game.

About Julia, I honestly think that she improved incredibly, at the very least design wish; while she was always good looking before, her classic outfit just made her too boring looking for me, to the point that even if her gameplay was fun, I would just ignore her.
Now she really makes me want to choose her as my main once I reach Tekken 3, and pay more attention to her even in older games; actually, the way she is now, she even motivates me to even pay more attention to Michelle, and/or any other character that I once thought was boring because of design.

Not sure if that makes any sense to you...

Also, I have nothing against her new streamer self, since I was never emotionally attached to her previous more mature persona.
But let me tell you something, Tekken series is one of gaming franchises that are expected to last for years in the future, probably decades, and characters do need to have more to them, as time is going forward, and that sometimes includes touch of the current eras.

For example, if you follow some long running series, you can notice change in technology, such as CRTs to LCDs, arrival of touchscreen stuff, very often media products become more self aware, etc...

From what I noticed, for many people Julia was simply not interesting, so she either had to change in some way, or be ignored, or just go.

Rather than being degrade, I see Julia now as being given new life, more beautiful than ever, more interesting than ever, while still being very smart, and retaining her admirable goal of reforestation.

As far as Tekken characters are concerned, she is someone who looks the most fun of them all at the moment, which is totally opposite to how I felt about her years before.
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#97 “Quote” Edit Post
Julia's new design is definitely an improvement (though there was nothing wrong with her previous design), but it evolved at the cost of her personality. For some reason, Bamco decided that now would be a good time to throw away over 20 years of character development and have Julia go through the cringy teenage period she never went through before.

I'm just hoping that it's indeed only an extension to her streamer persona and only for T7. I don't think it's likely she'll be a streamer in whatever the next Tekken game is.

But again, I'm not going to throw her in the trash just because she's different. I'm just gonna appreciate the fact that they even brought her back in the first place because as it turned out, that was far from granted.
Great_Dark_Hero
Lone Wolf
#98 “Quote” Edit Post
About 7 more days to go until we welcome people to Mad Axes-ville.
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#99 “Quote” Edit Post
The wait is absolutely killing me.
Psajdak
Kyu
#100 “Quote” Edit Post
There are some characters that are really in need of character development, even more than Julia.

Like Kazuya, for instance...