Page Splits 1...<155156157
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Shin-Jun
Destroyer
#3121 “Quote” Edit Post
actually that is known.
the timing is very easy when he whiffs the 4~3. I havent tried on block.
it looks weird as hell though.
anyway... sleepy...
Signature chuu chuu roketto nezumi o tasukerou
chuu chuu roketto neko wa kowai
chuu chuu roketto roketto wa sugoi!
zubabababa!
Orca782
Destroyer
#3122 “Quote” Edit Post
I find that after LFS d3,4 or LFS 3,3,4, if they just crouch they can usually 8 frame you no matter what you try. Unless of course you do d4, which is pitiful, but it's all I see working. If you go 2 to get the frame advantage, they 8 frame you. If you do df4, the 8 frame is still faster and hits you. I think just RFS 4 hits a little faster and may stop them, but I can't be for sure. Any advice?
Signature Remember Kazama, I kicked your ass back there!
Shut the @#$%$ up. I was throwing the match to make you feel good, but now you've done and ruined it.
Iverson187
Legend
XBL: Aunt Cassandra
#3123 “Quote” Edit Post
well i usually dont go for LFS 3 3 4 much unless i have the comp trained to watch for something else but its pretty useful to continue stringing attacks. And d+3 4 is something I only do unless i am 80% sure that itz goin 2 land because i always get blazed by duck jabs or iws shit. the plain 4 would be the move that i would use in most situations because it trains those people that are quick to crouch during flamingo strings. do 1,2,4,4 ( looks like lee's) a few times to get them eating 4's then mixup with axe kicks which are hwoarangs best weapons in my opinion. they take a while to come out but look nice and add 2 mixup game.
Signature Zafina is so low tier . . . .
Her name begins with a "Z", which is the last letter of the alphabet.
Even her avatar is the last one selectable here on TZ, which seems randomized.
When your gf comes over to mash buttons versus you, she wont even pick her.
Turel_Azure
Destroyer
#3124 “Quote” Edit Post
I have two quick beefs with some disses on tactics recently here hehe.

ShunJun: LFS d+4 and RFS d+3 are wonderful moves when you use them sparingly, and at the right times (such as during a double SS (since in a triple you WANT to use d+3,4,b+3). The reason for this is because Hwo has like, the 2nd best oki in the game after Hei's d+1 stuff. If you get them on the ground....you can catch them with numerous other moves for free. d/b+4,4 works well if they side tech roll, or b+3 if you hit them on the side. If they do a back or forward tech you launch them for free. b+3 does a ton of ground damage. Then you have your d+3,4,3 if they try to attack, or LFF f,f+3, or more d/b+4,4.....etc.
Point is, getting them on the ground is NEVER a bad idea.

Iverson: Well, without the d+3,4 and the LFS 3,3,4....Hwo misses a bit of his mind game. I mean, without those moves there is no way I could have fun by just switching stances and have the opponent afrad of what I'm going to do.

And I'll say it now because it's less talked about..: LFS 3,3,4 rocks! Why? You don't get low parried! hehe
Shin-Jun
Destroyer
#3125 “Quote” Edit Post
oh and about all the low hitting moves in lfs_rfs you should get the timing down to get them off without the sidestep you get when you hit down too early. that's an easy giveaway of what you're doing.
Signature chuu chuu roketto nezumi o tasukerou
chuu chuu roketto neko wa kowai
chuu chuu roketto roketto wa sugoi!
zubabababa!
Orca782
Destroyer
#3126 “Quote” Edit Post
Turel, I'd love to read your FAQ but the link is broken.
Signature Remember Kazama, I kicked your ass back there!
Shut the @#$%$ up. I was throwing the match to make you feel good, but now you've done and ruined it.
Turel_Azure
Destroyer
#3127 “Quote” Edit Post
So then SS up and do them.

They are not hard to get in....trust me. I play against a low parry FIEND on a regular basis, and I manage to avoid it well with timing my sweeps. Like I said....used RARELY they work.

Hell, I've gotten 1,1,3,3 to connect all hits since I use it like....never. The moves that are dubbed "useless" in Hwoarang become VERY useful when they are completely unexpected.
The only ones that don't seem to work like this are d+4,4 and u/f+2. Haven't found practicality for those in my own use yet. And yeah, the 1,1,3,3 is pretty useless, but it's great for gloating when you connect with it.

And I guess the link to my FAQ was changed.

this is it as of now:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/tekke...hwoarang-02.txt
Tykwondo
5th Dan
#3128 “Quote” Edit Post
I agree with the low sweeps from flamingo. They can be really good. Here's my take on them. Use them after Side Step Up x2. From 1P side f,N+4 SSU d/b+3. From 2P side f+3 SSU d/b+4. You may've noticed that I use d/b instead of d. This remedies the problem of Side Stepping by accident. The reason to side step into the background is that you can hide yourself behind the opponent and you can catch them with low hits. Then buffer iWS+4,4 from the sweep which is guaranteed and leads right into Okizemi.
Now onto other so called useless moves. I've posted several times on these but people don't seem to consider them, but here I go again.
This move rocks! Actually I usually stick with 1,1. It is guaranteed on a hit and gives you a 9 frame advantage. The built in follow-up yields plenty of damage and hits low, plus it's super predictable. But that's bad right? NO! Go mid you have 9 frames! Safest option is d/f+1 or d/f+4 as they are hwoarang's fastest mids (except u/f+1 but that's kinda crazy). Now try some riskier stuff like f+1+2 and b+3. Try these on your first human experiments with this move. It's almost guaranteed. Now most people will go for b+4 after a wall push. Try 1,1 also guaranteed and you can go into the mixup again. Plus if they expect the mid near a wall bust out some throw/wall push mixups too.
u/f+2 and u+3
I group these moves because they have an unexpected frame advantage on block after u/f+2 try b+3 or double SS or U/F to jump over them. After u+3 use f+3. Since you have a 3 frame advantage you'll interrupt almost anything.

Now onto something I haven't seen enough of... Setups! Here's where things can get really impressive and really DAMAGING!
My favorite are during juggles. Make it look like you mess up a juggle to bait grounded attacks, or punish back and tech rollers. Here are some I came up with recently and can DESTROY your opponent.
after b+3:
3~4 1,2,3 1
or
3~4 b+3
Many people will back roll if so, chase them down and get another b+3 guaranteed. If you're against a scrub you can use this all day.
Now after b+3 just use 3~4. You'll be really close and if they tech or back roll you can get a b+3 but you have to time it right to get tech rollers, but it will launch them. Also for tech rollers after b+3 3~4 use d/b+3+4. This can be guaranteed if you're near a wall and they tech or back roll.
Also against tech rollers, run up and use RFF 3~4 if you train them with the b+3 re-launch you can get the RFF 3~4 block into b+3 or u/f+4 mixup as you'll be close. Additionally after your short juggle use f+3+4~f this will train your opponent to expect the RFF 3~4 and you bust out f+4~4 or even just d/f+4~f.
You don't have to use these juggles, just use the one your most confident with. I just prefer 3~4 as it alone is damaging and keeps Hwoarang close to the opponent.
One I made up today works against back roller and tech rollers, but is a bit risky and needs to be distanced VERY well against tech rollers, but is a back rollers worst nightmare.
b+3 3~4 2,3 1+4. The problem is that LFS 1+4 has HORRIBLE tracking. I've found that 2,3 gives the best distance, but 1,2,3 can work but doesn't work against tech rollers unless your'e near a wall.
That's just a few. I love setups so I have many, but I would love it if others would share theirs. Even if it only works against the computer we (maybe just I) can build from it. Thanks.
Signature Team Wyoming
Back In Action!
Turel_Azure
Destroyer
#3129 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey, what are the ideal moves to do after CH RFF b+3? I know LFF b+3 is good, but is there anything else that's btter?
Tykwondo
5th Dan
#3130 “Quote” Edit Post
I think b+3 would be the BEST option after CH RFF b+3 because I think it's guaranteed if they active guard. Kinda like RFF 3~4 blocked. But I'm not that sure. But CD+4/JFSR would be good and double SS is always a good option on turned opponent. Maybe you could snake dash (CD~SSU) then get a side or back throw or go for side or back d+3,4 b+3 or side or back f+1+2. This could also be done after the double SS. Or try SS d/f+1 QCB+3 if you get to their back. On that note try CD+1 QCB+3. Or if you're near a wall go for a wall push and you could get a BT wall push which will give you a couple f+1+2 or f+1+2 then QCB+3. If they seem to interrupt this stuff, go for b+3+4~b 3~4 or b+3+4~b b+3 (I actually like this better than going for the RFF 3~4 after the stance change back dash it gets you CH RFF b+3 very often, plus you're right back where you started). Here's one more crazy thought. f,f+4?
Signature Team Wyoming
Back In Action!
Lidor
4th Dan
#3131 “Quote” Edit Post
If CH RFF b+3 gives you a LFF b+3 when they active guard, wouldn't you be able to do CH LFF b+4, RFF f+4~4?
Tykwondo
5th Dan
#3132 “Quote” Edit Post
RFF b+3 turns them around more on a counter hit than the other kick and gives better distancing so retaliations after the RFF b+3 are less effective and are usually off axis. Though f+4~4 isn't guaranteed after CH b+4 on active guard but it's not a bad follow-up.
Signature Team Wyoming
Back In Action!
Turel_Azure
Destroyer
#3133 “Quote” Edit Post
However, after LFF b+4 CH.....2 on hit, then f+4~4 IS guaranteed in all of my playing. The 2 has to hit though. It's that SICK 15 frame advantage you're after there from that RFF 2.
Chocobo
1st Dan
#3134 “Quote” Edit Post
After a launcher, I like to use 1,2,3,2,2,3. You can jab 4 hits and at the end, you land on a BT which is allow you to do another launcher by 3 (very effective when they try to attack you) or a safe distance by 4. And if you like, you can connect a 10 strings combo from the 2,2,3 (LFS Combo), so that would be 1,2,3,2,2,3,4,3,4,4,4,4,3! But only several first kicks are useful, especially when they're near a wall.
Cockroach_666
Champion
#3135 “Quote” Edit Post
hi, didnt get a chance to read all the thread, as it is quite long now... not sure if this has been said or not, but i dont really care...

one of the things i foung to be usefull are fla switch strings, mainly as okizame. use to bait out bad attacks. two switches i found to be extreamly usefull are RFF f+3~3+4 and LFF 2,3~3+4. both are good to do when opp is on the ground and you are right next to him. pull rfs d/f+4 after it to look for the CH. also if u switch into LFS u can do d+3,4 in hopes of catching a roll back. Also to continue with the switching, after d/f+4 try d+3,4,1,RFF f+3(whiff),3+4 to keep the pressure

one more thing, you can try RFF d/f+4~b~B to pull into fla and hop back. this will dodge incoming jabs or hits. look for b+3 afterwards

thanks for the thread, its been i great help.
Signature The year: 2034
The Game: Tekken 13
Howarangs tier: Lower forth...
"Dood... plz just give me albatross and fla cancels... "