Zafina Combo Discussion

Page Splits <1234>...11
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
S-square
7th Dan
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
I did mention f+3~b though. It is always safer to do that since being in SCR makes you vulnerable. If you do use f+3~b instead, you can always do the standard combos .
Bad At Tekken
Champion
PSN: Sir_Acolyte
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Another question. When it says "(dash) 4, SCR4/~B" at the end of the combo string is that an alternative combo ender or part of the whole string. I don't know if I'm remembering correctly but isn't her dash 4 the homing kick that knocks enemies away? I feel as if I'm missing something.
Signature "1,7. Hot steppin' like Tekken. I'ma be your main bitch in a game like ." -Azealia Banks
S-square
7th Dan
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Okay, to clarify things for you, ff+4 is the homing kick, but you input the 4 while holding forward. (dash) actually means a ff~neutral input, to allow for your character to move closer to the opp. So the input for that would actually be ff~N, 4. 2 seperate inputs.
Darth Rock
Fujin
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Paul CH qcb+4, qcf+1~5, Zafina 1+2~5 B! Paul TA ff+3,4,4 (high version), Zafina b+4,4. The last part should be done right after the last kick of the shredder string. Otherwise b+4,4 will whiff. An alternate version is using Paul's FC, d/f+2,1( or ff+2,1 non jf) to make it easier to end with b+4,4. Other combo: Zafina ws+2, 1+2~5, Paul TA u/f+3,4, Zafina ff+2, d/f+4,1
Signature DF Inc myspace account, yeah!!!:
http://www.myspace.com/marcosab
Melee_Sovereign
Iron Fist God
PSN: Melee_Sovereign
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
I think b+1 should be used more, depending on who you partner Zafina with. For one, it's only -12 now, and second, I think that, along with a lot of her CH launchers and NH launchers that do a launch stun are basically taggable.

It seems you can connect a WS 1,2 after these launchers, and WS 1,2 is taggable. I had the practice dummy set to side tech-rolling and the combo counter, or whatever it's called, counted all the hits as a combo.

Anyway, since the tag-in doesn't happen right away, there will be a little more red life than what usual taggables will do, but not much more at all. Still very worth doing.

Here's some combos I got with Zafina and Julia:

CH b+1, ws 1,2~5, d,d/f+1~4,1, d,d/f+1~4,1+2 B! TA d/f+3,4 Air Throw 97 dmg

Or if you don't wanna give them red damage.

CH b+1, ws 1,2~5, d,d/f+1~4,1, d,d/f+1~4,1+2 B! Air Throw 85 dmg

Both those combos also work for things that knock down similar to CH b+1, such as CH 1+2, CH f+2, d/f+1+2, CH b+2. And ws 1,2 connects after SCR d/f+3, and these combos work for that too. So it's probably better to do ws 1,2 instead of ws 3.

And I also said "depending on who you partner with" because I don't think every partner can juggle off of these kind of starters. Apart from Julia, I also tried with Lars, Leo, Raven and Christie. Out of them, I couldn't find a full combo with Raven or Christie. Not surprising since they both suck at juggling(Raven anyway). And what combos I did get, it was very strict timing. There's easier and less damaging alternatives. Like there's the option to do only one of Julia's spins and then bound early.

So anyway, it's up to you to test if your secondary character(s) can work with this.
Signature ♪ Zafina fina bo bina, banana nana fo fina ♪

Julia Gulia, idk.....
S-square
7th Dan
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Nice info man! I was just about to post b+1 in the top 10 move thread. I only just realized its usefulness ytd. But I will put that info at the top10 instead

The reason I choose to do ws3 after scr d/f+3 is because those 3 hits are sparked and itself do 55 damage (on NH?) and if your partner is lets say Leo who can do an insane amount of TA! damage (the TA! that leo uses that has 2-3 sparked hits) then end with zafina's ff 3+4, it does roughly 110 damage or so, and if it gets to the wall, it normally forces people to tag crash in worry of more damage. Even though it is a lot of red life damage, the 20 point damage difference is quite a lot.

Btw, my nina managed to connect 6 hits in for a TA! so most people can go crazy and have some fun.

But for the rest (the CH crumbles) it is a very good idea to do ws+1,2~5, imma try that out soon.
sinjin
Valar Morghulis
PSN: sinjin313
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
How do you connect Zafina's wall TA. I see people doing 3_d/f+3 cancel into d/f+1,2,1 whenever I try to do this she runs out as soon as I cancel
Signature [Kuni]
Melee_Sovereign
Iron Fist God
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sinjin
How do you connect Zafina's wall TA. I see people doing 3_d/f+3 cancel into d/f+1,2,1 whenever I try to do this she runs out as soon as I cancel

Not sure if you're doing this, but you don't actually cancel SCR. You push 3 and let her go into SCR, then you immediately push d/b to get out of SCR. Then you proceed to do d/f+1,2,1.

So your input should be 3 SCR~d/b, d/f+1,2,1

Julia Gulia, idk.....
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
Melee_Sovereign
Iron Fist God
#30 “Quote” Edit Post

I've known about that combo with those two for the longest time. They get an even better one if Zafina's doing the TA.

At 35:15.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R2Y...mp;feature=plcp

Julia Gulia, idk.....
Conrad
Champion
PSN: Disruptr-
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Here's my Zaf/Jack combos off their df2's

Jack starting

df2, 2, ff1 B! TA! [MNT d3,1, MNT d1,4] b2* - 84 dmg (I substitute b2 for ff2 if I'm banking on a wallsplat)

Note: To hit the fully charged b2 at the end requires a slight dash after you input MNT d1,4.

Zaf starting

df2, uf1, f2,3~b, 1+2 B! TA! [1,2] WR3 - 80 dmg

You can also do df3,2 with Jack as the TA filler and end with Zaf's ff3+4 for the same amount of damage (this will also wallsplat if you judged the distance correctly).
Signature /
S-square
7th Dan
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
@Conrad: If you did the move that blasts them high up insto the air. (U1+2?) you could end with 2,1,3
Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
So can you no longer combo off Zafina's tarantula d1+2?
Signature

Favorite quote: Everyone worse than you is a noob, and everybody better has no life...
S-square
7th Dan
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
From the start I rmb-ed that there is no guaranteed combo off TRT d+1+2. It only connects if people move a little. If they stayed still they wont be floated. You could do MNT u/f+3 though, I think it is guaranteed?
Melee_Sovereign
Iron Fist God
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Skeering
So can you no longer combo off Zafina's tarantula d1+2?

It was never possible to begin with. As already said, if they move, you can oki them. Same in T6.

Julia Gulia, idk.....
alexbib
6th Dan
PSN: alexbib
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
I've been trying to get SCR4B, uf1, etc. Is that actually possible? Is there some kind of way to cancel the recovery of SCR4?
Melee_Sovereign
Iron Fist God
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by alexbib
I've been trying to get SCR4B, uf1, etc. Is that actually possible? Is there some kind of way to cancel the recovery of SCR4?

Yes it's possible. Just keep practicing. It's gotten easy for me. Though, also get into the habit of tagging your partner in.

Edit: Oh you said u/f+1. No I don't think it's possible. I never tried it though.

Julia Gulia, idk.....
Eternal Blaze
2nd Dan
PSN: BlazeSRK
XBL: BlazeSRK
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
You're better off tagging your partner in for a combo anyway, dat red life

or you can do SCR 4~b 3 SCR 1+2 B! ..
Signature Zafina, Anna / Vega, Juri / Potemkin, Axl / Shadow Labrys, Kanji
Ralf | King | Vice // PainWheel | Cerebella | Parasoul // Spencer | X-23 | Vergil
Gojira
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Anyone have any good combos off MNT df+2? Standard juggles don't quite work since it flips them backwards.

For now I'm just doing 1,3~b, 1+2, b+4,4 but I'm sure she can do better.
Signature ipclheaansgeesdtmoypstirgyfionrgstoomreeraedatshoins..
Skkra
Now maining Zafina
PSN: Skkra
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Heyo. I need help/input about Zafina/Lili combos. I feel like I'm not doing the best I can but haven't had much time to lab it up... maybe someone here has some insight.

My standard solo Zafina combo is the usual:
df+2, uf+1, df+1, f+2,3 SCR 3+4 B! df+4,1

In the open field, I've just been doing this, which I think is pretty garbage:
df+2, uf+1, df+1, f+2,3 SCR 3+4 B! Lili TA df+2 ff+3+4

When I'm doing a wall carry, I'll do this one... this one actually seems like good damage:
df+2, uf+1, f+2,3 SCR 3+4 B! Lili TA f+2,3 W! uf+1, df+1,2,1

The one thing I've been trying to do when B! at a wall is to get Lili f+3+4~3,4 AND Zafina df+1,2,1 to both connect in full, but it doesn't seem possible. Not sure what the strongest thing to do at the wall is. Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe Lili f+3+4~3 into Zafina df+1,2,1 will actually connect?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Signature "Playing Tekken sober is about as much fun as fishing."
- Catlord