Tier List

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Share
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Fighting Game Panel
froggerS22S
1st Dan
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 10
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Sorry for asking but...

what was the tier list for T4?
naruto2008
Champion
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 272
From: USA Tennessee
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
think jin steve and nina were top
Signature ...
Blitzslash
Expert
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 129
From: USA Florida
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
The Tier list is nothing but a matter of opinion. Go and make your own.
Signature What the hell happened to Lee?
USMCOgre
Money Inc.
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 22607
From: USA California
PSN: MoneyIncUSMCOgre
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Blitzslash
The Tier list is nothing but a matter of opinion. Go and make your own.
bullshit
Signature The search for equality is a search for the lowest common denominator...
Nothing
Fujin
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 572
From: USA Pennsylvania
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
tier list is as follows:


God Tier: Jin Kazama

Demigod Tier: Steve, Nina, Ling

Upper Tier: Lee, Kaz, Heihachi, Paul

Mid Tier: Christie, Bryan, Law, Bob

Everyone else is crap
Signature "I mean comparing you to me is like comparing a pair of skates... to a Saleen S7. Me being the Saleen..." -IgnatiusLoyola
Blitzslash
Expert
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 129
From: USA Florida
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
bullshit


Prove it.

Last edited by Blitzslash on Mar 26th, 2005 at 00:32

Signature What the hell happened to Lee?
KittenSteve
Champion
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 274
From: USA Washington
XBL: Lamrock93
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Nothing
tier list is as follows:


God Tier: Jin Kazama

Demigod Tier: Steve, Nina, Ling

Upper Tier: Lee, Kaz, Heihachi, Paul

Mid Tier: Christie, Bryan, Law, Bob

Everyone else is crap

Who's Bob?
Signature I registered this as my name when I was 11.

WHY isn't there a "Change Username" option. Now I'm stuck with this name.
patzeram
Tennis hacker
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 6416
From: United States
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by froggerS22S
Sorry for asking but...

what was the tier list for T4?


There's a few billion tier lists for Tekken 4 floating around and I get the impression that there will be a few trillion tier lists for Tekken 5 but since you asked here's my Tekken 4 tier list.

Jin-Clearly numero uno. Still my choice for one of the most boring in Tekken 4.

Top Tier-Lee, Nina, Steve and Ling
Upper Mid-Hei, Paul, Kaz, Bryan
Mid-Christie, Law, Bob
Low Mid-Yoshi, Julia, Craig, King
Low Tier-Kuma and Lei

Combot-Top, Upper mid, mid, low mid and low tier.

Jinpachi in Tekken 5-Higher than any tier. I will call it the super cheap tier.
Signature I like the moment when I break a man's ego-Bobby Fischer.
Tekken is like chess but chess doesn't have JFs.
Tennis addict and current weekend player.
KittenSteve
Champion
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 274
From: USA Washington
XBL: Lamrock93
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
I agree with those tiers except for Ling who is too high. Also, who IS bob?
Signature I registered this as my name when I was 11.

WHY isn't there a "Change Username" option. Now I'm stuck with this name.
Blitzslash
Expert
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 129
From: USA Florida
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Hwoarang is known as "Bob" to the fanboys.

And Ling is low tier.
Signature What the hell happened to Lee?
patzeram
Tennis hacker
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 6416
From: United States
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Blitzslash
Hwoarang is known as "Bob" to the fanboys.

And Ling is low tier.


If you played a decent, not necessary a good Ling player, you'll realize Ling is top tier in Tekken 4.
Signature I like the moment when I break a man's ego-Bobby Fischer.
Tekken is like chess but chess doesn't have JFs.
Tennis addict and current weekend player.
KittenSteve
Champion
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 274
From: USA Washington
XBL: Lamrock93
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
I would say ling is mid-tier.
Signature I registered this as my name when I was 11.

WHY isn't there a "Change Username" option. Now I'm stuck with this name.
patzeram
Tennis hacker
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 6416
From: United States
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by KittenSteve
I would say ling is mid-tier.


Not in Tekken 4. Xiaoyu was clearly acknowledged to be top tier. Her AOP was perhaps the best stance in Tekken 4 and moves like X marks the spot were killers. She was by far the most evasive character. There's much more than that. If that is not top tier I don't know what is!

Perhaps, just perhaps she's mid tier (she may be much higher also) in Tekken 5. Think of it this way, Ling was one of the few characters that had a decent chance against Jin and Ling players used to consistently beat Steve players. She also used to beat Lee players very often. The only problem matchup was Nina with her 1+4 that hit Ling out of AOP but it wasn't a one sided mismatch.

Last edited by patzeram on Apr 2nd, 2005 at 05:18

Signature I like the moment when I break a man's ego-Bobby Fischer.
Tekken is like chess but chess doesn't have JFs.
Tennis addict and current weekend player.
combot-killer
Former staff member
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6146
From: Netherlands
PSN: X-Flame
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by patzeram
Not in Tekken 4. Xiaoyu was clearly acknowledged to be top tier. Her AOP was perhaps the best stance in Tekken 4 and moves like X marks the spot were killers. She was by far the most evasive character. There's much more than that. If that is not top tier I don't know what is!

Perhaps, just perhaps she's mid tier in Tekken 5. Think of it this way, Ling was one of the few characters that had a decent chance against Jin and Ling players used to consistently beat Steve players. She also used to beat Lee players very often. The only problem matchup was Nina with her 1+4 that hit Ling out of AOP but it wasn't a one sided mismatch.


I agree with this, she's fast, lots of juggle options, and good throws.
also I'd like to add Combot in the middle tier, because that's between everything

-peace-
Signature Originally posted by USMCOgre
I see that RMK FendRhodes tried to answer your question, which is funny because he has neither a wife nor any life experience with anything other than working at wal mart. I just put him on ignore so I can't see what he said, but I'm sure it's a stupid one line fail at being funny.


patzeram
Tennis hacker
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 6416
From: United States
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by combot-killer
I agree with this, she's fast, lots of juggle options, and good throws.
also I'd like to add Combot in the middle tier, because that's between everything

-peace-


Glad you agree with me combot-killer. Sometimes I think a great player playing Ling either in Tekken 4 or Tekken 5 is almost creating a work of art, it looks so beautiful.

Guys, I've mentioned this before but check out Borami's Ling on vid. It's so great to watch. Wish I could play Ling like this person. When you see this guy play you wonder if Ling isn't unstoppable!

Last edited by patzeram on Mar 28th, 2005 at 02:53

Signature I like the moment when I break a man's ego-Bobby Fischer.
Tekken is like chess but chess doesn't have JFs.
Tennis addict and current weekend player.
combot-killer
Former staff member
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6146
From: Netherlands
PSN: X-Flame
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by patzeram
Glad you agree with me combot-killer. Sometimes I think a great player playing Ling either in Tekken 4 or Tekken 5 is almost creating a work of art, it looks so beautiful.

Guys, I've mentioned this before but check out Borami's Ling on vid. It's so great to watch. Wish I could play Ling like this person. When you see this guy play you wonder if Ling isn't unstoppable!


yeah, she's like Mohammed Ali: she flys like a butterfly and stings like a bee

-peace-
Signature Originally posted by USMCOgre
I see that RMK FendRhodes tried to answer your question, which is funny because he has neither a wife nor any life experience with anything other than working at wal mart. I just put him on ignore so I can't see what he said, but I'm sure it's a stupid one line fail at being funny.


froggerS22S
1st Dan
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 10
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
thx patzeram and all others for your feedback. I had no idea that ling was considered top tier.
Guest
Joined: Not Yet
Posts: N/A
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
paul is not top? maybe high mid?
patzeram
Tennis hacker
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 6416
From: United States
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by CLM
paul is not top? maybe high mid?


Check my list in post 8. Jin is clearly number 1. Tekken 4 Jin dominated. Paul's probably high mid in Tekken 4 and he may be the same in Tekken 5.
Signature I like the moment when I break a man's ego-Bobby Fischer.
Tekken is like chess but chess doesn't have JFs.
Tennis addict and current weekend player.

 All times are GMT. The time now is 13:16

Page Splits
Moderator Tools
Forum Jump