Page Splits 123>...7
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
USMCOgre
Money Inc.
PSN: MoneyIncUSMCOgre
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Post your tech traps and set ups in here mua fuckas.

Heres a basic one with Jin. After hell sweep, d4 they flip over. Run up, if they tech and stand up, laser scraper is garunteed, but looks weird as fuck. They are backturned, but block the first 2 hits. The third hit will launch. Weird.

Yoshi- After the sword sweep, do df1,2. They flip over. If they tech they're open for all kinds of shit. 2 good.

Kaz- ws2, df2, ssr, df4. Run up, if they tech free iws2.

Paul- after his F2+4 throw, wait a sec, then do d1. If they try to stand up or hit you, they got up back turned waiting to get fucked up. Or, right away do d1. Sometimes it hits, sometimes it misses. If it misses, hold down and hit 1 to do a jab. Once again if they move, they get up back turned. ws2 is free. OR, you can do like Jins old back turned set up after a 24 and run up, df1. If df1 misses, usually I'll do db1 right away. Alot of people wait for the df1 to whiff and try to hit you, then eat the db1 and are back turned for a free ws2.

post your tech traps, baits and set ups in here. imo they are crutial to high level play.
Signature The search for equality is a search for the lowest common denominator...
Lingmassacre
I failed.
PSN: lingmass
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
This is a Dom special...

3, f,f+3,
which flips them over. If they do a tech roll ...
RD f,f+3+4 (cali roll)
RD d+3

RD d+3 against another character's backside who's doing a movement will cause a stutter. Which ensures a mistrust (RD 4)

3, f,f+3, RD f,f+3+4, RD d+3, RD 4
Signature Dinosaur: "You could have saved Tekken!"
LM: "I tried."
Dinosaur: "YOU FAILED!"
Lingmassacre
I failed.
PSN: lingmass
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
BTW, that last post was for Ling. Sorry I didn't mention that.

Now that I am thinking about it, I'm wondering if I should post up other people's tricks. Please, my apologies if you take any offense.

WeirdoGonzo's d+3 trick... (ling again) d+3 open up a window for a throw attempt.

Another Dom trick... launcher, 1,d+2, AOP, forward roll (AOP f+1+2), you'll sometimes come up behind the opponent.

My Hop N Throw setups

d/f+1 (blocked) HnT
AOP 3, b+3+4, HnT
Cartwheel (f+1+2), HnT
Launcher, 1,d+2, cali roll (RD f+3+4), HnT

Speaking of which...
Launcher, 1, d+2, forward dash, SS in opposite direction of their tech (so most often in to the screen), with the right timing you can ensure a mistrust (RD 4).

neutral 3 causes a side stun during a juggle when parallel to a way (facing the wall, Ling is on the left). P.S. there's probably a way to do an infinite from here, but I don't know.

RD d+3 (connect) is a good bait for RD 4

hop over to RD d+3 is gooooood

b+4 works like Lee's 4,4,4 against a wall... good damage too

Another Dom trick trick d/f+2+4, opponent instant stands up, d/b+3, d/f+1, RD 4 launches.

I'll write some more if I think of any. And sorry again if I offended anyone by posting these.
Signature Dinosaur: "You could have saved Tekken!"
LM: "I tried."
Dinosaur: "YOU FAILED!"
INFORCER
MR. TEKKEN!!! (LSS)
PSN: inforcer23
XBL: inforcer81
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
This Straight from INFORCER'S SET UPS GUIDE T4 VERSION 2

TECH ROLL SET UPS AND CATCHES
-LFS ,b+4,2,b+4 (opp techs)cd~f+3(LFS)b+4(on opp back) 2,4
(opp tech?s again)d/b+3+4
-ssr b+3(or ss any move that lets you slightly launch your opp on the side) ssr 2,4,2 cd~F+3(opp techs)LFS b+4 juggle and set up again.
- cd+4 ssl (if opp techs up ) ssr (if opp techs down) commonly right LFF 3~4 (opp techs) db+3+485dmg

JIN KAZAMA
CD,DF+4 hits SET UP?s(BLADE SWEEP) AKA bs
-JF laser scraper (if they Tech roll) you must so this immediately after cd,d/f+4
so when they tech they get hit by JF JS to be launched.
-If they do not tech after BS DO A 1 OVER THEIR HEAD THAN A DF+1 TO
CATCH THEM TO THEIR BACK IF THEY QUICK RISE.
-BACKTURNED SETUP:CD+4,d+4(opp flips and tech rolls),another CD+4 when opp gets up or Tech rolls he will be backturnd "INFORCER CLASSIC"
-UB+1+2(unblockable) this is a good set up if they are tr by a wall and can?t back up
if they stay on the ground cancel with b,b and go for ls to try and score a ch.

3,f,f+3,d+4,b+1+2~b+1+2,opp techs.hit 2 from hipnost stance_or d/f+2~1 to launch from side or 1+2 to da UB on a TuRtLe. and..........

Well thats all for now hopefully I can stip revealing so Much from my study Until I publish the Stratagy Guide shortly REMEMBER"WE ARE THE TEKKEN COMMUNITY"

THAT IS ALL
INFORCER
Signature Get Lost you cant compare with my power. Attack me if you dare, I will crush you.Why is inforcer a beast?

Who's Your Sensei !!!!!!!!??
xi3rian
Iron Fist God
PSN: bsksama
#5 “Quote” Edit Post

cd+4, f+3+4, b+4.. opponent techs... do any variations with the d+3,4... from cd to f+3 or just run up straight or whatever

heres an oldy setup against any character( well im not sure with kuma/panda)
they do any get up kick moves when they are on the ground... jump over, d/b+1, ws move or throw (depends on distance) but yea of course do a ws launching move if ur charac has one... i think there is an escape for this though, by pressing a grab or something while the guy is doing it to u.. ah oh well.. even if this is the escape for it... atleast u wiill try to make them stop diong any getting up from ground kicks leaving u with better mixups/okizeme
USMCOgre
Money Inc.
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Heres another one with Paul. Do ss1, when they block it do df2. If they try to do a move thats 10 frmaes or more( I think thats the right frames) the df2 will hit CH thanks to the stun from a blocked ss1. It's work ok, just don't do ss1 much. Easy to duck.
Signature The search for equality is a search for the lowest common denominator...
xi3rian
Iron Fist God
PSN: bsksama
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Kaz's CH b+4 can be set up very easily and convienently.... against 10 framers, kaz's b+4 basically knocks out any thing 10 frames or more

but against 8 framers that are going offensive on you... if they try anything bigger than just 1,2's or 1's the b+4 will nail them... so use ur instincts or see through their pattern(s) and get the CH b+4 when they transition from 1,2's to any bigger moves...

for example,

bryan: 1,2(blocked) bryan player still feels he has the initiative,, he does f+3 since its a safe move for him and leaving him in favor against a 10 framer... before the f+3, kaz CH b+4

i only use kaz b+4 as a defensive move, which can obviously turn the whole round if landed CH

btw , i would like to say this is a very nice topic started... probably be the only topic dayly posted on the General Strategy forum.. heh
INFORCER
MR. TEKKEN!!! (LSS)
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
OK ONE LAST ONE FOR THE MONEY:
KAUYA INSTANT DEATH SET UP "INFORCER CLASSIC"

Land a wr+2,iwr+2,ssr(asumeing ur on the left side),EWGF(opp flips),LD to the falling opp or run up to him opp techrolls iwr+2(should be side stun),iwr+2,1,2(fall stun)TGF,3...175+dmg i am gOd j/k.

I remember the first time I did this set up at a FL tourney it was ah's and wtf's all over the place but thats what practice will do for you and man was I happy it came to mind I was facing Jin and close to losing the match with a PERFECT i showed Jin who's the daddy lol.

THAT IS ALL FOR NOW FELLOW TEKKENERS

INFORCER
Signature Get Lost you cant compare with my power. Attack me if you dare, I will crush you.Why is inforcer a beast?

mayo
Iron Fist God
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
with ling

d/f+2,1 1,d+2,2,d/b+4 the move that takes no dam then rds still b+3+4x2 throw if they tech you get all of it like 78 + ok peace
Signature don't be fooled cupcakes are the antichrist
INFORCER
MR. TEKKEN!!! (LSS)
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
MAD MAD MAD!!!!! RELAUNCH SET- UP WITH LEE "INFORCER CLASSIC"

Land a U/F+4(hop kick),ssl,1,2~f,ssl,1,2~f~ssl(opp techs)d,d/b+4(to catch the tech roller and RELAUNCH!!),u/f+4(knee lift),1,2~f~B+3,3,d+3...92dmg
Precision&Timing is the Key to pulling of this beutiful and damaging set -up

I came up with this when I was planning on going on a trip to Japan so I can show off American TEKKEN heh wish it was KOREA......

ps:thinking of doing a vid on the setups from my document and just make it freeware besides we are the "TEKKEN COMMUNITY"

INFORCER

INFORCER
MR. TEKKEN!!! (LSS)
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
A FEW MORE I cant help but poSt on this brilliant Thread comon ppl TALK:

CH wr+3_VTS,3(fall stun),u/f+3+4(stomp on falling opp),d+4(opp tech rolls)VTS,1+2(spear them) [sometimes you catch them from behind] you know what to do from here....Can be hard to catch but just remember this after a chwr+3 heh heh...
UB VTS TACKLE SET UP- f,f+1+2,VTS,3,b~b,(opp tech rolls) VTS,1+2(UB VERSION) or if you got them scared to tech after you break their habbit run in and b+1 for max dmg or dont b~b instead do VTS,1+2 in place so they have to guess but this ver can be escaped with 1+2.

CRAZY SETUP BRYAN VS STEVE FUNNY
d+3(hits)~b+1+4(unblockable) if steve retaliates with Jabs like 1,2,1 he will whiff and Bfury will score his UB.

ps:All setups I post were tested throughly by me.

THATS ALL FOR NOW REALLY

INFORCER

USMCOgre
Money Inc.
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
good to see people posting in here. I know theres more than that out there. Spread the word!
mayo
Iron Fist God
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
yoshi

well i can go on and on but there is somethings that ppl don't tech roll for so heres what i do say there is a wall you get the wp then ff4 for me that means no tech coming from them so think like this i flash cuss that's my set up for bb,n1 or sword fan since they don't tech do fc 3 or the knee capper for all the rest it should re- launch and that my friends turns them side ways and if they still don't tech then you do u/f,n d+3 that will teach them or if they catch on to that from the wall you would do d+1+2 for some added effect that leads to fc game all over again ok peace
Signature don't be fooled cupcakes are the antichrist
illu
Iron Fist God
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
This is originally Zakuta's shit ( ):

Do Nina's 2+4~D throw which leads them face down & head away from you on the ground. If they tech, a 1+4 hit will leave them back turned = free DC combo.

I've also noticed that there are sooo many more places where they try to get up and 1+4 makes them BT. The move has its oki uses too.

I also had something for King but I don't remember it now...

Good thread.
Phoenix Smasher
Iron Fist God
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by USMCOgre
Yoshi- After the sword sweep, do df1,2. They flip over. If they tech they're open for all kinds of shit. 2 good.

Is there anything garunteed after this? BTW, great thread.
Pyro Joe
Nicotine Fiend
XBL: pyrojoe42
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
With Steve....

f+4, 2, ssr, 2,1~b, flk 1,d+1, ssr, dash...

if they tech, another f+4, 2 into their back/side....
if they sleep flk+2 will hit

btw.... good shit @ bad blood ogre.... made me look like a day 1 scrub
Signature Originally posted by Lingmassacre
Judas is Pyro Joe...
USMCOgre
Money Inc.
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
naw man, I'm rusty. Luck dood. All luck.
circlek
Grudge Match
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
one I remeber from T2
demon uppercut to d+1+4, its 1st tech trap I learned, although people usually wise upafter it happens twice. of course you can just mix in hell sweeps.
sorry if I sound like a nub but you have to remember that i am...
Signature Tekken 6
Lei-UK
Tekken Guru
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Yoshi:
If you go for a juggle that ends in (f+)3 and it misses, hit 3 again as soon as you can tell the first hit will miss. If they tech, the sweep hits and you can add your combo of choice.

Oh, and an old Tekken 3 trick that still seems to work if used sparingly: f,f+1+4 fake suicide into BT u/f+4 & juggle... effective if your opponent is playing defensively and you get your spacing right.

Sword flash vs some rising kicks - I think low kick from PLD position - forces opponent to stand, back turned, and apparently guarantees a back throw. I haven't experimented much with this, I think Tragic showed me it and I'm pretty sure the back throw was free... anyone confirm?
Signature
smilez
Shihan
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
DOn't have time at the moment to explain but YOshi and Ling have the most tech set ups in the game, but jin by far has the best