Page Splits 123>...51
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Vargus
Champion
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
** Start of Part 1 of 3 **

Time for an ** NEW UPDATE ** 20161211 given the recent revelation of Kuma and Panda in T7 Fated Retribution (T7fr)

Kuma and Panda

Miguel Caballero Rojo

Lee Chaolan

Master Raven

Bob

EDIT Oh Well,So far I've got 3 right out of the 5 revelations so far.

Correct predictions

Original List

Bob - Popular, even if hated. YAY I got this right!
Lee - YAY I got another one correct!
Lei
Julia
Ganryu
Mokujin

If character count 36 to 38, all or some of these characters...

Kuma/Panda - Got this right too! END OF EDIT
Wang
Zafina

Incorrect prodiction but I don't predict that we'll get any more 'brand new' characters. I am almost happy that I was wrong. (in reference to Master Raven)

** End of Part 1 of 3 **

See Post #4 for ** Part 2 of 3 **

Last edited by Vargus on Dec 11th, 2016 at 07:58

Signature All negativity is the source of all EVIL, Live life like it was your last moment. Be optimistic at all times if possible and finally, learn to comunicate at the best of your ability.
WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD!!!.
?
LJE
Fujin
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Not including Anna would be a terrible mistake.

I believe Shaheen replaces Raven. Lots of similar moves.

My predictions are...
Akuma
Anna
Julia
Lei
Mokujin
Nina
Kuma
SSfox
Foxstepman
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Anna will come imo, but not Ganryu and Wang.
Vargus
Champion
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
** UPDATED 20161211 **

**** THIS IS AN OLDER POST THAT I HAVE KEPT TO ARCHIVE TO SEE WHAT I PUT BEFORE****

*** FOR MORE RECENT INFORMATION SEE PART 3 of 3 in Post #6***

** Start of Part 2 of 3 **

T7.0

The current character count for T7fr is 36 (that includes Akuma, Nina, Master Raven, Bob, Lee, Miguel, Kuma and Panda which is in addition to the original T7.0 roster)

T7fr

WTF! They moved a lot of slots around!

I'll update the above T7fr Character Select Screen with Miguel, Lee, Kuma and Panda when it comes out.

I still think the character count will be less, than the "35 to 38 range" that most think, Bamco will actually have.

(Currently its 35 to 36, WELL I GOT THAT WRONG!)

If its more than 38, it kind of baffles me what they are going to do about the players complaining too many characters to deal with.

The idea that they were going to circumvent this with 'timed release characters' is pointless, especially if everyone is going to be unlocked from the get go with the console release.

Tell you what, I'll be pissed if they decide to time release the characters on console and I don't mean unlocking by finishing arcade/story mode. But no need to vent just yet.

I suppose we should have a list of what has apparently been said on twitter by Harada and crew when it comes to the characters that will be in T7fr. I wonder if anyone has done that already, it'd be sweet if someone has. If so, please post a link to this, save all this bickering.

Any details that "I" make referring to twitter posts from Harada and crew, I am going to say they are "rumors" since I cannot "reference" the corresponding twitter post. This is to avoid misinformation and misquoting the source material. I have located these at the bottom under "Twitter Rumor Mill" I'll add to this as the posts go on should someone want to reference something they heard or read.

As for posts from here onward...

I thought of a better way to move the discussion forward is to have the following format for your theories / hypothesis'

Q1) List the characters you PREDICT will make it? and your reasons if you wish.

Q2) List the characters you WANT to make it? and your reasons if you wish.

As for mine...

pretty much unchanged from my original post.

** REPOSTED ** but in detail...

Q1) Who I PREDICT will make it...

If character count is 35 or under, all or some of these characters...

Lei - One of the most unique characters in the game, and we need Kung Fu represented
Julia - Unique Style and is missed by many since T6br
Ganryu - Unique Style and like Lei and Kung Fu, a Sumo wrestler diversifies the cast and fighting styles more.
Mokujin - I like Mokujin, but I hope they reserve this character slot for different character if we are going to have limited slots.

If character count 36 to 38, all or some of these characters...

Kuma/Panda - these will occupy the same square like in T6br
Wang - Need an old Martial Arts Master other than Heihachi
Zafina - I believe she is the best fighting game character design since 2006 (T6.0) till present. I just wih she had better moves and properties. Also god dammit, she just came into the Tekken series.

All the characters in the 2 lists above, keep the cast very diverse, unique and stay away from cloning as much as possible like T4.

T4

If you are going to add any more 'brand new' characters (and they have) replace them with Mokujin and/or Wang.

Incorrect prodiction but I don't predict that we'll get any more 'brand new' characters. I am almost happy that I was wrong.

Everyone else NOT mentioned...

Has been considered debunked from twitter (someone read it or heard it being referenced)

OR

could be considered a 'modern day' derivative of a main character

Q2) Who I WANT to make it...

All of the above, plus... everyone still alive (or not, more on this Later) as far as Tekken canon goes. Its the end of the Mishima Saga, get everyone they've ever had back for a grand finale.

But in the interests of relevance...

I'd Drop Akuma, I understand that 'Tekken' might need him right now and what it'll do for the series. But for me, keep Tekken as 'Tekken' and SF as SF, but feel free to do VS Games, however that topic is for another thread. I do think as a character Akuma is awesome, I do like his design.

Also, People are really hating (and I don't think that is a too strong a word in this situation) on how broken he seems to be.

Anyway these characters...

Anna
A.King
Baek
Bruce - I don't care if Josie is in already
Christie
Eddy
Jaycee - I'd say the original JayCee comes back wanting to prove herself after her motorcycle or was it car accident. Keep Julia as T6br Julia + TTT2 Michelle Unique moves and JayCee as TTT2 JayCee but replacing all the Julia Sharing Moves
Jun
Kunimitsu
Marduk - I don't care if Gigas is in already
Miguel
Raven
Roger Jr
Eliza

That makes it 52 or 53 if you separate Kuma from Panda, screw all the people that complained about T6br and TTT2 character count

But 52 ain't going to happen

Later You know I could have gone with 69 or 77

On a side note...

I go on about this in my Thread particularly Post #38 on what I would LIKE to happen for a future Tekken maybe T8 or TTT3.

Back on Topic...

Twitter Rumor Mill...

- There will be new and returning characters in T7fr (confirmed)
- No Capos in T7, Lucky Chloe is the closest we are going to get
- If there is enough demand Jun, Kunimitsu and Eliza could make the cut

*** REMEMBER, FOR MORE RECENT INFORMATION SEE PART 3 of 3 in Post #6***

** End of Part 2 of 3 **

Last edited by Vargus on Dec 11th, 2016 at 08:08

Signature All negativity is the source of all EVIL, Live life like it was your last moment. Be optimistic at all times if possible and finally, learn to comunicate at the best of your ability.
?
LockDeltz
Expert
PSN: LockDeltz
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
My predictions
Anna
Nina
Julia
Bob
Raven
Lei
Kunimitsu
Ganryu
Roger Jr.

Not sure
Marduk
Kuma
Lee

Most likely will not return
Armor-King
Wang
Zafina
Basically the whole TTT2 additions except for Kunimitsu
Miguel
Baek
Capos
Bruce

During the Mastercup tournament Harada mentioned Kuninmitsu being a popular character, I think she has a good chance to make the roster. Ganryu and Roger Jr. may not be popular characters but they do have a unique style that is different from the rest of the cast. Shaheen plays similar to Lee and he has his own version of the mist step I believe, I don't know if Lee makes the cut, but he is a popular character.

Last edited by LockDeltz on Dec 26th, 2015 at 09:37

Vargus
Champion
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
** UPDATED 20161211 **

LATEST THOUGHTS...

** Start of Part 3 of 3 **

Rhetorical Question...

Gee how many times am I going to post about this?

I guess I am excited for this game.

Current Character Select Screen

Will update once I can find a Character Select Screen with Lee, Miguel, Kuma and Panda

There will be spoilers below, so watch the video first before reading on, if you haven't seen it already

YellowMotion's Video Part 02

After seeing Part 02...

If you want skip to the full prediction, click here

My thoughts on his roster...

- I don't think that Eliza will make the cut, despite his point of her 'Popularity' and the 'need of another fireball character'.

- I'd agree with Miguel making the cut over Zafina, but I'd rather have Zafina personally, I find Miguel Boring, despite what some consider him higher tier.

WELL I GOT THE RED PART RIGHT SO FAR!

- I'd do agree with a brand new male character to the series, has yet to be revealed.

- Everyone else mentioned seems about right.

Though the following didn't make it in Yellow Motion's list.

Key -> Green Signifies at the end of the video for Part 3.

A.King II
Baek Doo San (understandably with Hwoarang)
Bruce Irvin (understandably with Josie)
Craig Marduk (understandably with Gigas)
Ganryu
Wang
Zafina

and Technically...

Raven (understandably with M.Raven)
Roger Jr

While I know this isn't an OFFICIAL source,

it did get me thinking.

This is what I WANT BANDAI NAMCO to do.

Once again NOT NECESSARILY WHAT I PREDICT WHAT WILL ACTUALLY HAPPEN.

Character Select Screen with POSSIBLE slots, (Sorry Pictures Too Big, couldn't find smaller. hence URLs instead)

I think the following characters will be ALL the remaining squares. 18 Characters, 2 are palette swaps that share the same square, random select is off screen. I use up every "?" (question mark) slot that is in the screen shot. Including the big one in the middle of the character select screen, you could fit 2 character squares in there.

My List on who I WANT to make it, after watching the video.

Bob (confirmed)
Master Raven (confirmed)
Lee Chaolan (confirmed)
Miguel Caballero Rojo (confirmed)
Kuma II / Panda (confirmed)
Anna Williams
Armour King II
Baek Doo San
Bruce Irvin
Christie Montiero / Eddy Gordo
Craig Marduk
Ganryu
Jun Kazama
Julia Chang
Kunimitsu
Lei Wulong
Wang Jinrei
Zafina

Who gets Cut

Mokujin (I'd rather lose Mokujin than a regular character)
Raven (With 'Master Raven' in the game, it is highly unlikely Raven will make the cut)
Roger Jr (Not popular enough and someone had to get cut from the above list)
Jaycee (was a one off thing apparently)
Eliza (not really for Tekken 'story' games)

One major flaw in the above lists, I don't take into account new characters. DAMN!

Stuff working out how many new characters and who they'll be, too f**king hard.

While NOT related to my list, below is FAKE, a FAN MOCK UP, I did not make this, just re-posting it. All credit goes to the original creator and post'er.

Thought some might like to see it.

Sorry Broken link, I am trying to find an alternative URL FAKE FAN MADE Character Select Screen,(Once again... Sorry Pictures Too Big, couldn't find smaller. hence URLs instead) Sorry Broken link, I am trying to find an alternative URL

Cheers.

** End of Part 3 of 3 **

Last edited by Vargus on Dec 11th, 2016 at 08:13

?
Devil JinKazama
Sage
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
If we get 10 and not counting Akuma we'll get

Nina
Lei
Julia
Anna
Raven
Lee
Alex/Roger
Kuma
Mokujin
New character

That's 38 so we'll be fine. If it's the last of the "Mishima Blood Feud" saga then I doubt we won't see Kuma involved. Alex/Roger are staples these days and Mokujin is an easy slide in.
BlueBolter
#Anna4T7FR
PSN: BlueBolter
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
my guess : The cast is currently 27 , so I'm gonna choose 13 more , so as to have a total of 40 in the end

1)Nina
2)Anna
3)Julia
4)Lei
5)Lee
6)Raven
7)Kuma
8)Akuma
9)Kuni or Jun
10)Zafina
11)Miguel
12)Ganryu
13)Mokujin
Signature " at least Anna Nicole's got an angle to 'em. Anna's are just straight up McDonald's brows. Girl gotta get it together. Those are tweezers, not lawnmowers.
"
- scarletcord

#Anna4T7FR
123mine123
Expert
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Vargus
Roger Jr - little to no chance

Why must you remind me this unfortunate realistic fact.. T-T
Signature I'll miss you Roger.. T^T
pinhal1998
Iron Fist God
PSN: pinhal1998
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
For the next chars my top is
- Nina
- Julia
- Kuma
- Mokujin
- Zafina
- Kunimitsu
- Ganryu
Signature "Je ne vous ai pas demandé votre avis, Sebastién"
- "Eh! Reveille-toi! Ne t'avise pas de t'endormir en ma présence"
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Since they said 36-38, I'll pick 8 and then 10.

I think the first 8 returning will be, not counting Akuma(since he'll make 28):

-Lei
-Lee
-1 Williams
-Raven
-Kuma
-Mokujin
-Ganryu
-Kuni

If 10:

-Other Williams
-1 'Wildcard' (either Armor King-he's not a King clone, he's fairly popular, Wang-he's heavily tied to the Mishimas, arguably far more than some of the other picks.)

Notes on a few not picked:

Chang: I honestly think, since like every game out there minus Blazbue is leaving out an old standard or two, a Chang may not make it in somehow(note, maybe Tekken won't do this, but maybe they will decide to cut a standard). i sorta feel once the cast is hacked out their playstyle will become redundant. They may put one in but I don't think a Chang is guaranteed(okay, I don' t think anyone-not a Williams, not Kuma, not Lee is guaranteed because I think they may not be afraid to leave out an 'old standard'.)

Roger/Alex: They're old standards too, but I'm not sure if I see them populating the zoo too much beyond Kuma. Again, could be wrong.

Miguel-I'd love to have him in, but it's sorta doubtful for the guy. Bah. I'll put him as a sorta 'maybe? if I squint?'

Last edited by Azaael on Dec 26th, 2015 at 16:27

Signature

I scribbled a Tekken Retrospective.
Originally posted by Kane:
they named it matterhorn because lili's uphill battle in tekken is the highest mountain to climb.
NYG5
Iron Fist God
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
If Bob gets in the game and not Ganny, that'd be a fucking travesty.
NYG5
Iron Fist God
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
If Bob gets in the game and not Ganny, that'd be a fucking travesty.

It should be simple: everyone who is popular and is not a clone shoukd get un
HoneyToasty
Shihan
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
I just don't want to see capos and baek.. Baek was like mid mid high mid low low low mid low. Pls Namco NO Baek! Also, I dont think anna and nina will both be in the game. Most likely only Nina.

Lee is cool character I don't see the reason why not putting him in T7.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Some specifics characters fans will hate what i'm gonna say, but i really hope they won't release too many characters when the game will launch, at least if they want please fans, they should add those specifics characters by time release after the console launch, and it will also keep the game fresh and make players (generally speaking) stick with the game, so the online mode will always be very actif/w full of players.

Last edited by SSfox on Mar 7th, 2016 at 15:03

Michin Nom
Legend
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
I sincerely hope Bob or animals don't make it in the game.

Also, I think there's a 100% chance that "floor huggers" won't make it into the game either due to the system changes especially when you're grounded. Grounded characters would be a huge headache to face against due to FUFA b+3+4 buff and no more backroll pick-up or float. Which is probably why Namco introduced Lucky Chloe instead of Capos.

Last edited by Michin Nom on Dec 26th, 2015 at 19:33

Bad At Tekken
Champion
PSN: Sir_Acolyte
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Kuma has been in every Tekken. He obviously going to make it in along with Nina, Lei, and Julia.
Signature "1,7. Hot steppin' like Tekken. I'ma be your main bitch in a game like ." -Azealia Banks
LockDeltz
Expert
PSN: LockDeltz
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Azaael
Since they said 36-38, I'll pick 8 and then 10.

I wouldn't take their word on what they say, overall it's been pretty vague. Harada said 36-38 characters, but later on in an interview he would say that he wouldn't leave out any other character and there would be more of them in the console version. We really don't know what the size of the roster will be, but 38 is still a lot, and that's the same size of the T6 cast. It's safe to assume that characters like the Capos, Bruce, Wang, Armor-King, Baek, Zafina, or any of the TTT2 additions (besides Kuni) will not make the roster, and given how similar Shaheen is to Lee I don't think Lee will make the roster either. Lee's story will probably be he gave up trying to beat the Mishimas.

All I want is Anna, Julia, and Kunimitsu.

Last edited by LockDeltz on Dec 26th, 2015 at 22:28

Oath_Of_Revenge
War Lord
PSN: Oath_of_Revenge
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Vargus
I originally had Raven in this list, but forgot that Shaheen has replaced him, Props to SSfox for pointing that out
I don't think will make it due to their similarities with other cast members
A.King
Baek

Christie - Replaced by Lucky Chloe
Eddy - As above
Miguel - Claudio
Raven - Shaheen
Little rant, I've seen these once too many times:

I swear, I facepalm so much when I hear those.

What makes Shaheen a replacement for Raven? The "human surfboard"? Has anyone with this hypothesis played any Raven in his/her Tekken lifetime?

AK and King have not been clone characters since AK was revamped in T5.

Hwo and Baek... similar?

Same goes for Chloe ofc, she plays completely different from the capos. IIRC she only has 2 animations recycled from the capo movelist.

About the Miguel/Claudio similarity, I have no clue. Is it for their body structure or something?

Mokujin - I hope not, they may drop him to keep character count down
What's with people not wanting Mokujin? I love the concept of a character who mimics every other movelist, but keeping his size as it is.
It's always fun to play a random character if you know many, and it's amazing to mess around in practice mode to find out combos unique to his hitbox (multiple MokuDrag f+3 cancel anyone?).

The huge Mokujin collab was without a doubt one of the craziest CMVs of TTT2:

Mokujin Combo Movie 3 -Pentagram- 【Super long】

End of the rant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About your "Tiers on making it", I'll swap Kuma and Ganryu. Like Nina, Kuma has been in every Tekken game, and he is something people who don't play Tekken know. The fabled "casuals" T7 tries so hard to attract. He is the closest thing to a mascot Tekken has.

I'd love Ganryu to make the cut, but he is both unpopular and hardly played

Lee has more of a chance than Ganryu imo, even though I like the latter the most.

Originally posted by LJE
I believe Shaheen replaces Raven. Lots of similar moves.
Lots? Am I missing something? They only share the concept of the "human surfboard", and a sliding KND low, something other characters also have.

I hope Raven makes it, losing unique fighting styles is something that should not happen.

Originally posted by HoneyToasty
Baek was like mid mid high mid low low low mid low. Pls Namco NO Baek!

Originally posted by LockDeltz
It's safe to assume that characters like the Capos, Bruce, Wang, Armor-King, Baek, Zafina, or any of the TTT2 additions (besides Kuni) will not make the roster, and given how similar Shaheen is to Lee I don't think Lee will make the roster either.
And how is it safe to assume capos won't be in? They are popular, played a lot and iconic, they (one of them or like in T5? I hope Eddy but probably Christie) are almost a guarantee imo.
Signature We are Tekken.

Free massages from Jack-2!
x MAD AXES x
Anna=washing machine
PSN: MAD AXES
XBL: Lingxiaowho
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
The only thing that makes me think Julia will return is harada saying that Jaycee is a one time thing and Julia will return...

This was a while ago before t7 was even revealed though.
Signature Galen "Feed me your load"

Lucky Chloe troll