Page Splits 1...<1213141516>...31
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
PSN: cacacarmen
#261 “Quote” Edit Post
How much safer did the d make the df3+4 launchers? Was it not launch punishable if you did that? The frame data that I've seen said its the same.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"
"我早就说过,你换几个普通角色你就发现你也很弱。。 "
"卡波拉门"
noodalls
PSN: noodalls
#262 “Quote” Edit Post
It's as I remember it. Holding d caused it to be one frame faster, not launch and be even more stupid on block (-24 instead of -23 for the launching version). I'm certain that adding the ~D version was just to prevent having a brainless df+3+4 that hits mid, grounded and launches. It's not like Chreddy doesn't have moves that hit grounded, I don't see removing this as a big deal.

Originally posted by CaCarmen
How much safer did the d make the df3+4 launchers? Was it not launch punishable if you did that? The frame data that I've seen said its the same.

Where? Both me and ina list it as -24, not -23. Unless you mean about the same.
lizanias
Spread Tekken <3
PSN: xtc_LZN
#263 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DOF
Ok, I think found out something ... Bad!

df+3+4 ~D
uf+3, 3 ~D
db+2, 3 ~D

... that ~D is suppose to cancel the launcher, into a non-launcher, but a safer move. I wish I am wrong, but I tried it many times this morning, seems they removed the ~D option (no matter how I cancel it, the launcher always comes out). This launcher cancel was really useful, based on BR experiences. Now, it's gone !!!

Someone please confirm. I hope someone will tell me that the joystick I was playing on was just damaged, and it actually still works. I really don't want to believe this. I wish this is just a false alarm.

I haven't tried since I live like 90 mins from the arcade...

But since Noodalls confirmed the hold D version was as unsafe as the regular one.... I don't think you need to make a deal of it.

If you're in doubt of pulling d/f+3+4....and thinking it won't be fast enough to punish something on block....you can go for d/f+2 and at least get f+3+4.

IIRC...prior to Tekken 5.0.... d/f+3+4~d gave a better pushback on block....than one from the regular d/f+3+4. And it launched ppl too.
Unfortunately, you recovered in crouch after d/f+3+4~d. So, you had to do crouch cancels.

Since T5.0 they made d/f+3+4~d only gave KND. Not a launcher.
And it didn't look it gave a pushback on block, as good as before. AFAIK
Signature INDONESIAN Tekken scene = http://www.indotekken.com
ArcadePimp.com, Aussie's best Tekken site..
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#264 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by lizanias
IIRC...prior to Tekken 5.0.... d/f+3+4~d gave a better pushback on block....than one from the regular d/f+3+4. And it launched ppl too.
Unfortunately, you recovered in crouch after d/f+3+4~d. So, you had to do crouch cancels.

Since T5.0 they made d/f+3+4~d only gave KND. Not a launcher.
And it didn't look it gave a pushback on block, as good as before. AFAIK

OK, I was wondering about this. I remember the modified df3+4 being there for long before BR, so I've assumed before it had a (useful) usage.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
DOF
Virtuoso
#265 “Quote” Edit Post
I used it a lot against Mishimas. They know they could punish df+3+4 by EWGF after block (I usually do it using the uf+3,3 version). When I hold d, and Mishima's do EWGF, since I'm in FC, it misses, and I get a free ws+1,3. Doing this many times would make your Mishima opponents not want to punish you with EWGF on a missed df+3+4. When you've observed that, you can then abuse using the normal launcher.

Also, when the opponents is only 1 hit away, I do an uf+3,3,~d. So if they assume it's low, they get hit. If they guess right, I don't get much punishment ... I still wish they haven't removed it.
Signature ~ Dance of Fury ~
EASTERNBORDER
Iron Fist God
PSN: Easternborder
XBL: Easternborder
#266 “Quote” Edit Post
Doesn't Hei's EWGF hits mid? as well as DJin?

This is by far the most dumbest changes I've ever heard yet. d+3~4 parryable? d/f+3+4~D gone? d/f+2 punishable? f,f+2,3 no longer trips? What were they thinking?

that aside, what happens if you use d/b+4,4,4... as TA?
Signature "If you want to live, you gotta die trying."
DOF
Virtuoso
#267 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by EASTERNBORDER
Doesn't Hei's EWGF hits mid? as well as DJin?

Jin's EWGF has always been high since T3 (not sure on T2, I have not played it much). Other Mishimas EWGF became high, I think around T4 (or sometime after TTT1). Even Armor King's CD+2 became high after TTT1.
lizanias
Spread Tekken <3
#268 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DOF
I used it a lot against Mishimas. They know they could punish df+3+4 by EWGF after block (I usually do it using the uf+3,3 version). When I hold d, and Mishima's do EWGF, since I'm in FC, it misses, and I get a free ws+1,3. Doing this many times would make your Mishima opponents not want to punish you with EWGF on a missed df+3+4. When you've observed that, you can then abuse using the normal launcher.

sounds smart...
never thought of it.

Originally posted by DOF

I guess it could work... but wouldn't do much damage..

Originally posted by DOF
d/f+2 punishable?

Not every char can punish it.. AFAIK
The tester said he was punished by Bryan's jab......And Bryan is one of the chars that have been able to punish d/f+2 on block....before TTT2.

Originally posted by DOF
Jin's EWGF has always been high since T3 (not sure on T2, I have not played it much). Other Mishimas EWGF became high, I think around T4 (or sometime after TTT1). Even Armor King's CD+2 became high after TTT1.

Prior to TTT1..... all WGF high.....except Jin's WGF & EWGF

Then all became s.mid in TTT1....except Jin's..

Then all became high since T4.
cyberworm314
Kyu
#269 “Quote” Edit Post
Hello.
According to this allegiance list, http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443772

Christie is -2 with Eddy but Eddy is +1 with Christie?

How can Christie hate Eddy???
St. George
Lee of Campbelltown
#270 “Quote” Edit Post
It's because he's black.
Signature Flushking.
Chrsitiecrimson
Destroyer
#271 “Quote” Edit Post
lols wtf cheyne

i normally find i can juggle big character after relax 3~4, with hsp 2. Only person i usually have trouble with mainly is ogre

tc all
Signature Til next time
CaPoEiRa$tAs
Sage
#272 “Quote” Edit Post
Here's one combo vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foHjOrTGvxI

And a few matches:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiKmUtu5ST4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4QkVfchFMw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHcg7qJiw7w

p.s Mestre Arenz placed 3rd at last year's WCG Asian Championship, and managed to beat Knee at the group phase.

Thanx Lizanias... i have problem to do 1 combo start with WS1,3~5.. then cant connect with D+333~5.. if connected, i have a problem to connect with b+3,3 after that. any idea?
Signature EWGF are useless against us! XD
damage combo partner ever!
lizanias
Spread Tekken <3
#273 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa$tAs
Thanx Lizanias... i have problem to do 1 combo start with WS1,3~5.. then cant connect with D+333~5.. if connected, i have a problem to connect with b+3,3 after that. any idea?

Maybe you took time/delayed the tag because you doubted that the 1st part (ws+1,3~5)....or 2nd part(d+3~3~5) of the combo wouldn't connect....so you hit confirmed.

I don't know, coz I haven't spent enough time on TTT2.

Btw d+3~3~5 is hard.... x_x
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#274 “Quote” Edit Post
Someone needs to think up a good finisher for qcf3 (tag) qcf3 (tag) b33 RLX24! (tag) I like this combo for its silly tagging but I'm having a hell of a time thinking of a good way to finish. No TT2 until I get back to China so I'm going to just be relying on all of your vids...
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
lizanias
Spread Tekken <3
#275 “Quote” Edit Post
Just wanna share few Christie-Eddy staple combos..some combos need to be rechecked though:

Eddy-Christie: qcf+3_d/f+3+4, d/f+1,1, u/f+1+2~5 B!, [TA 1+2,3], 1,2,4~4
Eddy-Christie: qcf+3_d/f+3+4, d/f+1,1, u/f+1+2~5 B!, [TA ss+4,3], 1,2,4~4
Eddy-Christie: qcf+3_d/f+3+4, b+3,3, RLX 2,4~5 B!, [TA 1+2,3], 1,2,4~4 <--- not Sure Christie can end this combo when she is the juggle starter & ender.

Eddy-Christie: CH b+3,3~5, b+1,4~5 B!, [TA u/f+3+4], f,f+2,3 <--- opp is BT....FUFA
Eddy-Christie: CH b+3,3~5, u/f+1+2~5 B!, u/f+3+4 <--- opp is FDFA while getting bind

DOF is right.... landing RLX 4~3 combos on Ogre/Kuma is hard...probably imposibble....

Recent example of a good Chreddy:

Tekken Tag 2 - (Ryuyu)Eddy/Christie vs (HanKuma)Heihachi/Deviljin

And I'm gonna reanswer some questions..

Christie,Eddy(whoever does the filler while TA)....will stay on the screen for as long as the enemy is in the air. Then after the opponent hits the ground, the control will go back to the char who initiates the TA.

Originally posted by DOF
Ok, I think found out something ... Bad!

df+3+4 ~D
uf+3, 3 ~D
db+2, 3 ~D

... that ~D is suppose to cancel the launcher, into a non-launcher, but a safer move. I wish I am wrong, but I tried it many times this morning, seems they removed the ~D option (no matter how I cancel it, the launcher always comes out).

I think it's gone.... I tested d/f+3+4~d for a few times yesterday....and I couldn't get the non-launcher version.

Then you can't also manually tag back (by buffering 5)to the Jstarter?

No...
Yesterday I tried b,b+3+4 during a TA, then press 5.....but the control didn't switch to another char.

posted by CaCarmen
Someone needs to think up a good finisher for qcf3 (tag) qcf3 (tag) b33 RLX24! (tag) I like this combo for its silly tagging but I'm having a hell of a time thinking of a good way to finish.

[quote]
I doubt people can land anything other than f,f+2,3..
Don't know.... coz I didn't manage to complete the combo.

Last edited by lizanias on Jan 30th, 2012 at 04:27

CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#276 “Quote” Edit Post
Nice video, I like his combos. Also is it just me but does slippery kicks not have stagger block anymore (2:02)? Confused...
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
noodalls
PSN: noodalls
DOF
Virtuoso
#278 “Quote” Edit Post
Someone needs to think up a good finisher for qcf3 (tag) qcf3 (tag) b33 RLX24! (tag) I like this combo for its silly tagging but I'm having a hell of a time thinking of a good way to finish. No TT2 until I get back to China so I'm going to just be relying on all of your vids...

I have tried this, and it works, Christie is my starter:
qcf+3, ~5, qcf+3, ~5, b+3,3, RLX, 2,4b! ~5 [TA ss+4,3], move a little forward, f,f+3
I tried Eddy as starter, but I can't hit it with Eddy as starter.
Another option for TA might be ff+3+4, then uf+3+4. I haven't tried it though.

I don't use this as staple though, I usually go with qcf+3_d/f+3+4:
df+1,1, f+1, uf+1+2b! ~5 [TA ss+4,3], ss+4~3
or
df+1,1, uf+1+2b! ~5 [TA 3,4], ss+4~3
or
b+3,3, RLX, 2,4b! ~5, [TA ss+4,3], move a little forward, ss+4~3
or
df+1, b+3,3, RLX, 2,4b! ~5, [TA little pause, f,f+3+4], move forward, uf+3+4
This needs proper timing of f,f+3+4 so that the opponent will do a mini-bounce for uf+4 to hit.

There are so many options, it's like "make your own combo!"

I think the most damaging combo for Chreddy is from WS+1,3_CH b+3,3, you can do:
~5, b+1,4b!~5 [TA 3,4 or ss+4,3], ss+4~3 (this is my personal favorite! Simple but big damage!)
or
~5, d+3,3, RLX, 2,4b! ~5, [TA ss+4,3], ss+4~3
or
(Christie as starter) RLX, 2,4b! ~5, [TA ss+2,4], move forward 1,2,4~4_uf+3+4
or
From that ryuryu's video posted by lizanias (wow, never thought of this! Seems the most damage?)
~5, d+3,3, ~5, b+3,3 RLX, 2,4b! ~5, [TA ff+3+4], d+2,3_uf+3+4

From RLX,4~3 as starter:
HSP, 1b!~5, [TA 3,4_ss+4,3], ss+4~3
(Eddy as starter) HSP, 1b!~5, [TA 3,4], rush forward, FC, Ws+1,3, RLX, 2,f+3
My friend told me that the combo above can be done with Christie as starter,
with proper timing ... but I'm having a hard time doing it.
HSP,f+1, uf+1+2b!, , [TA 3,4_ss+4,3], ss+4~3_move forward ff+3

Again, there are so many options. Just know what are the possible TA's and possible enders.
Just be sure to know the proper distances ... make your own combo, for fun !!

Some common TA's:
- ss+2,4
- ss+4,3
- (wait till opponent is near the ground) db+2,4
- 1+2,3
- uf+3+4
- ff+3+4

Some common Enders (you may need to move forward depending on distance):
- uf+3+4
- 1,2,4~4
- ss,4~3
- ff+3
- uf+4
- b+4,4,3+4
- d+2,3

These are just common ones. Feel free to add more.

Last edited by DOF on Jan 30th, 2012 at 17:50

DOF
Virtuoso
#279 “Quote” Edit Post
I think it's gone.... I tested d/f+3+4~d for a few times yesterday....and I couldn't get the non-launcher version.

Noooooohhhhhhhh ... that's bad!

By the way, 1+2+5 is a universal bounce TA move and also a bounce TA juggle launcher.
I tried doing 1+2+5 as a launcher, and I was able to hit:
[TA 3,4], move forward, b+3,3, RLX, 2,f+3

DOF is right.... landing RLX 4~3 combos on Ogre/Kuma is hard...probably imposibble....

I still have no combos from RLX 4~3 against Ogre and the bears. Help needed on this.

By the way, from that video of ryuryu you posted, at 3:30, from HSP to RLX, without a low kick (but looks like going for a low kick) ... what is the command for that? I usually do a b+3 to go RLX from HSP, but it has a low kick. And the HSP f,n don't have animation like that. That is like a fake low kick from HSP to RLX, how do you do that? Thanks.

Last edited by DOF on Jan 30th, 2012 at 18:00

lizanias
Spread Tekken <3
#280 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by noodalls
May have been only the second hit that was blocked.

Yeap....that was probably why.

Btw while versing CPU, once I did ....
Eddy-Christie: Launcher, bound~tag, [TA b+1,4 W!], then did 3~4 when the control switched to Eddy again..... Then the CPU teched, blocked it, but I didn't get the block stun....
I hope b+1,4 can lead to some oki with 3~4....yay...

Originally posted by DOF
By the way, from that video of ryuryu you posted, at 3:30, from HSP to RLX, without a low kick (but looks like going for a low kick) ... what is the command for that? I usually do a b+3 to go RLX from HSP, but it has a low kick. And the HSP f,n don't have animation like that. That is like a fake low kick from HSP to RLX, how do you do that? Thanks.

It's HSP 3~d.... HSP 3 is almost the same as ss+3.
Eddy has had it since T3, it was HSP b+3 I think...but the command changed to HSP 3 in one of the sequels( I can't remember) .

Originally posted by DOF

Great list.
This will save me time finding out which combos work, which don't.

But I think I should add. To my knowledge f,f+3+4 is a decent TA combo filler but it's a spike move. It pushes the opp down fast and people can tech right away after spike moves( but only spike moves that are done during TA though).

I might be wrong, coz haven't spent as much time on TTT2 as others have.

Another thing I'd like to add, those of you who are new to TTT2 will find doing combos to be challenging. You need probably at least an hour/two to get the flow. You know like when to press tag after a launcher, or after a certain filler like b+33, or after a bound. But once you get used to all of those, it'll feel great when you pull off those juggles.

Having a list of staple juggles will definitely speed your learning process. But I didn't have one. I'd only seen people doing these impressive combos without knowing how & why the combo worked.

I didn't know which launcher, which filler, which bound move, which filler during a TA I should use. And all the Christie-Eddy videos I'd seen also had so many combos done in each match. It was like:
- okay this combo used no TA-
- this one used launcher~tag & TA
- this one had b+33~tag as the 3rd filler
- this one used ss+4~3 as the ender
- this one used u+3.
Then when I watched another video ppl did completely different combos. It was confusing.
But you guys will probably have an easier time than me.

Moreover, in terms of combo ability Eddy & Christie in general have the same ability in as they were in T6, maybe slightly better. They have pretty good combo enders, they can work together well at doing these Tag Combos & Tag Assault, they have a lot of Okizeme(maybe more with Tag Assault now). They are even given moves that allow you to B! more easily like b+1,4. Before it was either doing u/f+1+2 or RLX 2,4 for B! at the infinite stages.

But doing their combos is still hard as before, maybe you'll find it slightly harder because some of their new combos have things we have not experienced before. Such as waiting for the control to switch to another char while Christie/Eddy is slowly doing ss+4,3 during a Tag Assault. You'll know what it feels when you play the game.

Lastly, spend time with the game, learn the game when the arcade is not crowded if it's possible...and you'll eventually like it.

p.s DOF or anyone.... does qcf+3, b+1,4~B B!, HSP~f, RLX 2,f+3 work???

Last edited by lizanias on Jan 30th, 2012 at 19:16