Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
b+1+3_b+2+4 Parry

Law players should know that Marshall's version is ten times better than Forest's. I think it was back in Tekken 4 when Namco decided to give Law some damage from his b+1+3_b+2+4 parry by giving him his DSS stance cancel out of it if seccessful.

TTT2 Forest Law is still in the dark ages of Tekken Tag 1. He gets nothing free from his b+1+3_b+2+4 Parry. However, That is not to say that Forest Law's b+1+3_b+2+4 Parry is not useful, it most certainly is!

Forest's b+1+3_b+2+4 Parry does serve a purpose. It can shift the momentum of a fight, transforming what might seem like unstoppable rushdown from a good opponent into +5 frames.

inatekken.com says Forest Law gets +5 from his b+1+3_b+2+4 Parry! A df+2 is uninterruptable! I like to use db+2, a 14f true elbow attack, since the df+2 can be predictable and is reversable. You can buffer a chicken on the df+2 by holding the 2 down and pressing f+4 if you are facing a character who has a reversal like Nina, Paul, or Devil Jin, however.

A throw is a good idea after a successful b+1+3_b+2+4 Parry as well. Since Forest is at +5, the opponent will have to escape the throw or risk a crouch.

Forest's b+1+3_2+4 parry can not be chickened! If Forest parries their attack, he gets +5 frames every time!

Forest's b+1+2 Punch Parry works exactly the same as Marshall Law's, with all of the same followup options on a successful Punch Parry. Forest also has all of Marshall's Tricky Step moves if your b+1+2 whiffs.

Personally, I use both the b+1+3_2+4 Parry and the b+1+2 Punch Parry as taunts sometimes.

In this thread, we can discuss what useful moves the Forest b+1+3_2+4 parry works on and what situations it can be used in. But the purpose of the Parry is clear. It is a tool for Law players to avoid getting bulldogged.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
One thing the b+1+3_2+4 Parry can not deal with is elbow attacks. Neither can Law's b+1+2 Punch Parry.

One of the players I frequently play against offline, named Mohammed, often uses Bryan and Bruce. Bryan has a big threatening elbow move in b+1, and Bruce has a threatening knee move in b+2.

The way he uses Bryan is like a rushdown character with b+1. He often gets a b+1 blocked, then backdashes a tiny bit, then immediately uses another b+1.

Since Bryan's b+1 is +4 on block, it is reckless to attack afterwards. Bryan players will mix it up with pokes like df+2. And if you try to use a low jab, beware of the impending Orbital Heel (uf+4) of doom.

Law can use other attacks to try to get the momentum back besides his Parry.

b+2 is 16 frames, but it has great range and is a mid attack. Law can use b+2 to get something going.

Standing basic 4 is decent, but since the range on Bryan's b+1 is so good, it can often whiff. And if you try to do a standing 4 late to try to hit Bryan as his b+1 is executing, in my experience is that gets Bryan a free CH launcher. The hitbox on Bryan's b+1 seems to go under Law's standing basic 4, or maybe I am just doing the standing 4 too late. In any case, standing 4 seems not to work very well.

2,f+2 has more range than b+2 and standing 4, it might work.

b+3, while slow, is always there.

Heck, maybe even a Law b+3+4. I need something to get Bryan's b+1 off of me.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh I just had an idea: Dragon Storm!

If Bryan is within range of Law's b+1,2, I think it is a great idea to deal with the b+1 pressure! It has pretty good range and the third hit is obviously hit confirmable for massive damage. b+1,2 has way more range than standing basic 4, and obviously has a lower hitbox than standing basic 4 since it is a mid attack.

The great thing about Law's b+1,2 in response to Bryan's b+1 pressure is that Law's b+1 is 16f for Forest and 14f with Marshall Law.

Oh man! I forgot about how good Dragon Storm can be when used as a defensive tool!
Jeneric
Destroyer
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by forest16
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...155#post4712155

Should I step a certain way? What do I do?
You can SS/SW it to the right (your right) even at very severe frame disadvantage.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Jeneric
You can SS/SW it to the right (your right) even at very severe frame disadvantage.
Ah! You helped me a lot. SSR VS Bryan b+1.