Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Dramatix
Expert
XBL: WeirdHoodie
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
A how-to thread on punishing various characters as Anna Williams. Her punishment is not that great, so I thought it would be nice to go over certain matchups (eg: her WS+2 is i19-20 and can punish Lili's db+4, Nina's d,df+4, and Bryan's df+3 of course, which are all over -19 on block, but cannot Lili's 1,2,3, and Alisa's db+4 which are -18 on block, which most characters can punish, meaning she's just one frame short for a launch punish).

Character Guides (Completed Thus Far):

Craig Marduk (In Progress)
Emilie de Rochefort
Nina Williams

Last edited by Dramatix on May 6th, 2014 at 03:35

Signature "You are so basic, I can't even determine your level on a pH scale."
Brash Heroine Punishment Thread.
Scarlet Punishment Thread.
Dramatix
Expert
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Reserved.
SparklyUnicorns
Deity
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
The link is locked. I have to request access from you to be able to view it.
Dramatix
Expert
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SparklyUnicorns
The link is locked. I have to request access from you to be able to view it.

Fixed.
SparklyUnicorns
Deity
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
I like the idea behind this. I noticed a few things about the Lili guide.

- Lili does not have 1,3. I think you meant to type 2,3.
- If you want to include sidewalking as a means of punishment vs. Lili's moves, do you want to include it vs. every move? If so, I could list a lot for you.
- Lili's df+4 tracks to her right, so you can't SS it either way.
- What do you mean by moves that don't jail? It says that some double mids don't jail. As far as I know, jail only applies to mid,high strings where you can duck the high when the mid is blocked.

Good job on this so far! I know it's time consuming to type all of this out.

Edit: Removed a couple of things I said that were wrong.

Last edited by SparklyUnicorns on Mar 25th, 2014 at 00:19

Tera Reflection
Virtuoso
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
I like the idea behind this. I noticed a few things about the Lili guide.

- Lili does not have 1,3. I think you meant to type 2,3.
- Are you sure Anna can punish Lili's d+2,2,4? The 4 has gigantic push back on block. I don't think Nina's b+1+4 reaches either, but I can't test it at the moment. Either way, Anna should be able to duck the second hit and interrupt with ws+3 or ws+1,2. That way you get a guaranteed punish instead of guessing if she'll do the mid or high extension.
- I'm pretty sure Anna's f+2,3 is an inconsistent punish against Lili's qcf+1,2. I've had it whiff even though that move has barely any (if any) push back on block.
- If you want to include sidewalking as a means of punishment vs. Lili's moves, do you want to include it vs. every move? If so, I could list a lot for you.
- Lili's df+4 tracks to her right, so you can't SS it either way.
- What do you mean by moves that don't jail? It says that some double mids don't jail. As far as I know, jail only applies to mid,high strings where you can duck the high when the mid is blocked.

Good job on this so far! I know it's time consuming to type all of this out.

Lili's D+2,2 jails, but is -11 if it is just done alone.
Signature !B should stand for !Broke. -JURASSIC
Mr. Taxi
GGPOGFYKTHX"BI"
PSN: Mr-Taxi-
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
- I'm pretty sure Anna's f+2,3 is an inconsistent punish against Lili's qcf+1,2. I've had it whiff even though that move has barely any (if any) push back on block.

I've never had it whiff against that move :/
Signature "oh yeh, what the fuck is technically? technically u won? techinically, you are the world best. just go to korea then technically destroy every shitty korean players. you are technically the best." - SeGi Hong

""He's really mean when you get to know him and has nothing going on in his life except Tekken"" - Cuddle Core

My Anna Oki Video
SparklyUnicorns
Deity
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for the corrections guys!

It's good to know that Lili's d+2,2 jails.

Mr. Taxi, I must be thinking of a different move. f+2,3 seems to work every time against Lili's qcf+1,2 in practice mode.
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Tera Reflection
Lili's D+2,2 jails, but is -11 if it is just done alone.

It's actually -10 on block but early window punish so safe if you punish it too late

Sparkly Unicorns

You forgot in addition to mid/high strings , high/high strings can also in addition to mid/high strings don't jail as well.
Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
Dramatix
Expert
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
New guide posted. Nina Williams is up, and Marduk should be up in a couple of weeks or so (depending on how finals go). Please correct me on any punishes concerning Nina; I had advised to punish f+1+2 (-17) with f+2+3 (i14) but never tried to see if I could punish it with ff+3 (i15 if buffered, but generally i16).