Tekken Chicken: Mobile Frame Guide Published!!

Page Splits 123>...9
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
PSN: OffInBed
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
THE APP IS FINALLY AVAILABLE IN GOOGLE PLAY STORE!!!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...W4uY2hpY2tlbiJd

KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS APP RIGHT NOW IS A FAR CRY FROM WHAT IT WILL BE BY THE END OF THIS MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be CONSTANTLY updating this thing until it's in tip-top shape!!

While there are MANY MANY MANY obvious flaws, you'll find that at least most of the data is correct. It's just a matter of fixing the terrible Japanese to english translations and figuring out what moves go where.

THIS IS WHY I NEED MODERATORS TO HELP ME MANAGE THE INFORMATION! This is too overwhelming for me to fix on my own.

As you can see, I've provided links to Rip's and Aris' site. If you have a blog, or informative website or something you'd like to see on here, let me know. I'm going to be added Kor's facebook page for Tekken Academy on here as well today. I will also include a link to Tekkenzaibatsu and the wiki page today.

The biggest change I want to see happen right now mostly has to do with organizing the moves. In the future, there will be tabs that narrow down the important information (punishers, launchers, Combos etc) There will also be a function where if you long press an attack, you can pull up your characters punish for this specific attack.

THERE ARE CHARACTERS MISSING!

All the DLC chars are not available and the app crashes when you click on them. Lars isn't there, neither is Lei and Armor King.

I'm going to use this thread to pay attention to what YOU GUYS WANT TO SEE OR IF YOU HAVE SUGGESTIONS OR WANT TO HELP!

I'm going to be working on getting the iPhone version done soon.

If you wish to help me with the fame data and/or naming of the stances of your character and such, please refer to THIS:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8mltbo9qza9nsph/Wim5alW8yC

And if you want to contribute to the tab information, head to this link!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qi709yffp8yhh1s/KqHj1UsAsl?m

In there is a word document on how you can help me and excel/word documents available to do it.

THANK YOU FOR BEING PATIENT AND SUPPORTING TEKKEN CHICKEN!!!

Oh yea, and PLEASE rate and comment when you download.

Last edited by OffInBed on Oct 22nd, 2012 at 21:25

Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken

#BUFFLARS
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Nevermind the mod thing, not getting as much help as I expected! Every character is up for grabs! I'll list those who don't need it as much.

Also! If you want to help complete tab information, I have here a link to excel spread sheets that are really easy to fill out.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qi709yffp8yhh1s/KqHj1UsAsl?m

PLEASE READ THE WORD DOCUMENT FIRST

Alex: Looking really good

Alisa Bosconovich:

Ancient Ogre:

Angel:

Anna Williams: Galen

Armor King: Looking really good

Asuka Kazama:

Baek Doo San: Battousai

Bob:

Bruce Irvin: Looking really good

Bryan Fury:

Christie Monteiro:

Combot? (lol)

Craig Marduk:

Devil:

Devil Jin:

Eddy Gordo:

Feng Wei: errr..I messed this one up pretty bad

Forest Law:

Ganryu:

Heihachi Mishima:

Hwoarang:

Jack-6:

Jaycee:

Jin Kazama:

Jinpachi Mishima: Only has awesome tab data

Jun Kazama: Mr. Demonic

Kazuya Mishima:

King:

Kuma:

Kunimitsu:

Lars Alexandersson: Looking really good

Lee Chaolan: Looking really good

Lei Wulong:

Leo:

Lili de Rochefort:

Ling Xiaoyu:

Marshall Law:

Michelle Chang:

Miguel Caballero Rojo:

Mokujin

Nina Williams:

P-Jack:

Panda:

Paul Phoenix: Looking really good

Raven:

Roger Jr:

Sergei Dragunov:

Steve Fox:

Tiger Jackson:

True Ogre:

Unknown(?):

Wang Jinrei:

Yoshimitsu:

Zafina:

Last edited by OffInBed on Oct 22nd, 2012 at 21:23

Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

#BUFFLARS
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Updates:
Version 1.1
===========
- Slight Aesthetic Revision
- Design Unification
- Revamping of the Character List Page
- Yoshimitsu no longer FCs
===========

Next Update will include tabs, and I'm thinking of typing up a small section to set complete beginners up for the path they should take through my app and through other websites.
==================================================
=====================================
Version 1.5 (emergency update)
===========
- Main Menu Upgrade!
-Fixed some bugs
-Lee STILL crashed (ugh)
-Filled out tabs for Jinpachi (almost complete)
-Filled out tabs for Nina
-Added Lars
-Some characters have gotten full translations (details in app)
-Still working on many things.
PLEASE KEEP THE FEED BACK COMING AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT THIS
==================================================
=======================================

Last edited by OffInBed on Oct 22nd, 2012 at 21:24

#BUFFLARS
victormefer
Shihan
PSN: VictorMefer
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
You want some feedback on it? I've noticed it's a pain to scroll down on the characters' move list. I don't know if this is already on your plans to fix or what, but anyway, just letting you know. Other than that, it seems pretty nice.
Signature My TTT2 team:
Et qui es tu au juste?
At least make this fun!
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by victormefer
You want some feedback on it? I've noticed it's a pain to scroll down on the characters' move list. I don't know if this is already on your plans to fix or what, but anyway, just letting you know. Other than that, it seems pretty nice.

I know what you mean. It doesn't scroll down.

It was done on purpose, we thought it might be better to not have the scrolling flow down in case you were looking for a specific attack. We'll change that probably with today's update!

Thanks!

#BUFFLARS
Shotokan
#Unity
PSN: ShotokanAU
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Just downloaded it, seems quite good

I'd recommend a few aesthetic changes in terms of colour theme but other than that I'm pretty impressed.
Signature Shotokan#U
willus259
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc45/snesfreak/unity.gif
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Shotokan
Just downloaded it, seems quite good

I'd recommend a few aesthetic changes in terms of colour theme but other than that I'm pretty impressed.

The end goal is to have multiple themes so you guys can choose what color schemes and such you'd like. Aesthetics isn't priority right now, BUT I feel that some of the screens hurt the eyes X_X

Which areas exactly would you want to see changed? And what color would be better in your opinion?

#BUFFLARS
pcmacro
Crackers for Trolls
PSN: pcmacro
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Dude awesome!

The scrolling is a little weird though. none the less...

I'm giving it 5 stars
Shotokan
#Unity
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by OffInBed
The end goal is to have multiple themes so you guys can choose what color schemes and such you'd like. Aesthetics isn't priority right now, BUT I feel that some of the screens hurt the eyes X_X

Which areas exactly would you want to see changed? And what color would be better in your opinion?

Oh yeah, take your time with the project. Aesthetics should be the last thing really. The content is good and that's the main thing, which is why I can really only recommend aesthetic changes.

Changes IMO...

- When selecting the characters, the gold text is rather redundant as you can't really see it. Maybe you could have the text underneath the character icons in a separate bar just for text?

- This is probably done on purpose, but I feel although the main menu doesn't look like it's related to Tekken, it's not "Tekken-esque" and looks like it's for something else. IMO this can be counter-productive if a person with the app is ever using it and then another Tekken player sees it, but may not initially think "Oh, that's a Tekken app." and probably just brush it off. If you make the theme pertain to Tekken, then if people ever look at it or see it in the corner of their eye and know that it's Tekken related, they may want to download it.

EDIT: Colours are also up to the user, if you give them choices in themes or make it dynamic through the choice of colours in dropboxes (Colour 1, colour 2) etc. then you can't really go wrong.
Signature Shotokan#U
willus259
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh yeah, take your time with the project. Aesthetics should be the last thing really. The content is good and that's the main thing, which is why I can really only recommend aesthetic changes.

Changes IMO...

- When selecting the characters, the gold text is rather redundant as you can't really see it. Maybe you could have the text underneath the character icons in a separate bar just for text?

- This is probably done on purpose, but I feel although the main menu doesn't look like it's related to Tekken, it's not "Tekken-esque" and looks like it's for something else. IMO this can be counter-productive if a person with the app is ever using it and then another Tekken player sees it, but may not initially think "Oh, that's a Tekken app." and probably just brush it off. If you make the theme pertain to Tekken, then if people ever look at it or see it in the corner of their eye and know that it's Tekken related, they may want to download it.

EDIT: Colours are also up to the user, if you give them choices in themes or make it dynamic through the choice of colours in dropboxes (Colour 1, colour 2) etc. then you can't really go wrong.

Beautiful.

You see this everyone?

Now THIS IS WHAT ADVICE IS!!!!! haha

Okay great. All of this is going to be forwarded to my parter (who is truly the expert here).

Jumping off of what you suggested, THIS IS WHY I NEED ARTIST!

We're looking for people willing to design buttons, and back grounds. Perhaps someone can draw a better characters symbol or something.

If someone thinks they can make something look better themselves, I encourage you to message me and do it!

King TUTUT HERE ARE YOU!? lol

#BUFFLARS
Shotokan
#Unity
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
lol we all appreciate that it's a work in progress though after all, this is a free app and beggars can't be choosers. Just hoping that there's some direction to be given to you guys.
Signature Shotokan#U
willus259
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
lol we all appreciate that it's a work in progress though after all, this is a free app and beggars can't be choosers. Just hoping that there's some direction to be given to you guys.

I appreciate the support!

I just want to clarify on it being free. When it's complete, I will release 2 versions.

One that will have advertisements, and one version where you pay $3 to remove the advertisements.

At the end of the day, it will always be free. I put 4 months into this and spent almost 5 hours a day for the past month trying to have this less than halfway done project.

This definitely wouldn't have been possible without my parner (let's just call him Batman for now) and he helped me through this for nothing.

Just FYI!

#BUFFLARS
YozakuraK
1st Dan
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Anything you can tell us about an Itunes release?
And thank you for putting so much effort into it, I will gladly pay the 3$ even though I wouldn't mind advertisement
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by YozakuraK
Anything you can tell us about an Itunes release?
And thank you for putting so much effort into it, I will gladly pay the 3$ even though I wouldn't mind advertisement

Well...I'm not sure about the iTunes version. My original plan was to try and have a complete Android version. I wanted the iTunes ONLY to see the finished version. But I am realizing that people want what android has right NOW despite it not being finished. I might way until MAJOR changes before I start working on the iTunes version. Right now it may be too early.

I'm trying to hang in there!!

To those who downloaded it. I just sent an update for it! Please tell me if you get them or if there's an issue or something. Not sure if I did it right.

Did i mention this is my first App ever?

#BUFFLARS
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
XBL: Mr Adam0
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, went on the the "My Apps" section of the marketplace and found it, nice to see such a quick update!
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mr Adam0
Yeah, went on the the "My Apps" section of the marketplace and found it, nice to see such a quick update!

We're going to be spamming you guys with updates until it's closer to what it should be.

The next update will include the tabs to organize and highlight the more important attacks. This is where I'd need the mods to fill me in on what's what (punishers, launchers, taggable moves and yatta yatta)

Thanks for the support!!

I have no idea how many downloads I have btw. Something it wrong with Google's database, so it only says I have one downloader

Hope you guys are spreading the word!

#BUFFLARS
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Was gonna work on iPhone version WAAYY later. It seems to be a big request. I'm going to start looking into my options tonight.

#BUFFLARS
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
XBL: Mr Adam0
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Noticed I made some mistakes and stuff that could be made better in the Raven data, will change it when I enter the frame data for new moves and send the word file to you in the next few days.
coilover2005
Sage
PSN: coilover2005
XBL: PSN2:HarakiriHoodlum
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Downloading app now =)
Signature -Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win.

*Zhuge Liang

yiggs
#STAYYIGGS
PSN: yiggs_au
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't have an android phone, but good work! looks pretty cool
Signature #BUFFLING