TWT and Tekken Tournaments news and discussion

Page Splits 123>...4
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
SSfox
Foxstepman
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
So i though we should have a thread for news and discussion when it comes to Tekken tournament scene and Tekken World Tour, specially now that the Tekken Tournament screne is super active and bigger than ever!!

Tekken Wold Tour Official Website: https://tekkenworldtour.com

Link for TWT streams: https://www.twitch.tv/tekken

So i'll open this with the TWT 2019 trailer, and top 8 for both TWT 2018 and 2017, you'll welcome to share & discuss anything related to Tekken Tournament scene and TWT:

Tekken 7 - PS4/XB1/PC - Tekken World Tour Season 3 (Announcement Trailer)

hTEKKEN WORLD FINALS 2017 TOP 8

hTEKKEN WORLD FINALS 2018 TOP 8

Last edited by SSfox on Aug 25th, 2019 at 14:35

SSfox
Foxstepman
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
The Mixup 2019 is gonna be this week end, and it's gonna be the first TWT tournament for Tekken 7

Stream Link: https://www.twitch.tv/tekken

Some infos: #TheMIXUP 2019 final registration numbers: 649 competitors!!!

T7:239
SFVAE:198
SCVI:104
DBFZ:64
2X:37
GGxrd:36
UNIST:32
USF4:32
VAMPIRE:32
DOA6:31
BBATG:26
GAROU:25
SG:14
P. PUYO:14
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: DinoTheDonDaDa
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
about the Northwest Majors.....had a feeling Anakin was going to bounce back, he was in prime form..... Overall, US pros are looking week compared to the rest of the world though
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Top 8 at Headstomper in EU looks like a fun watch tomorrow....

the major in Korea is going to be nuts tho..... almost 20 heavyweight.... I have no clue who is coming out alive in that tournament... hope Eyemusican does well
SSfox
Foxstepman
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Are you ready for the #Tekken World Tour tournament tomorrow at #ROXnROLL?

Catch all the action live on https://www.twitch.tv/tekken starting at 10:00AM KST (UTC+9)

Next TWT tournament gonna start soon, 10AM KST, so around 7 hour and half from this post.

https://twitter.com/BNEesports/stat...849849612050433
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Yea.... Top 128/64 was nuts.... so many good players eliminated
SSfox
Foxstepman
SSfox
Foxstepman
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Anyone know when's Top 8 Saudi tournament?
SSfox
Foxstepman
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SSfox
Anyone know when's Top 8 Saudi tournament?

It just ended 30 minutes ago and that was sick, not going to spoil results but some unexpected things happened!!!

Melbourn Aren is about to Start https://www.twitch.tv/tekken
SSfox
Foxstepman
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Combo Breaker was awesome
Razzuya24
Iron Fist God
PSN: OniTYME
XBL: STEAM is Onishiro13
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Combo Breaker's finals had 50k+ watching (including restreamers)... insane. Great showings from Anakin and Rickstah. I was pulling for JDCR and Chanel though and I hope JDCR starts going in with Heihachi again. Strictly staying AK only is hurting him thus far as entertaining as he is in season 2.
Signature "Listen here you beautiful bitch. I'm gonna fuck you up with some TRUTH!" -Kenny Powers
Ashesfall
Fighter
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
ComboBreaker was really nice to watch

but i want to post this little info here maybe someone missed and maybe this will pump YOU up to enter TekkenWorldTour2019!

AstroGaming is adding(!) 100.000 $$$ to the prize pool

source and credits to AceKingoffSuit

ps: i was a little bit sad for no season3 infos to be honest but i guess i dream to much
Signature "let me enter and be the worst nightmare for Iron Fist 7, please Heihachi" (Season 3 lets go)
- "Demon" Geese - "SpecialForce" Josie -
- "WarMachine" Bryan - "Brawler" Steve -
SSfox
Foxstepman
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ashesfall
ComboBreaker was really nice to watch

but i want to post this little info here maybe someone missed and maybe this will pump YOU up to enter TekkenWorldTour2019!

AstroGaming is adding(!) 100.000 $$$ to the prize pool

source and credits to AceKingoffSuit

ps: i was a little bit sad for no season3 infos to be honest but i guess i dream to much

I've seen this, reat news.

PS: If Season 3 is truly a thing there was no way they reveal it at CB, Evo should be the Rendez Vous. Seems that even Capcom is taking this route as well by saving most hype stuff for Evo as well.
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Razzuya24
Combo Breaker's finals had 50k+ watching (including restreamers)... insane. Great showings from Anakin and Rickstah. I was pulling for JDCR and Chanel though and I hope JDCR starts going in with Heihachi again. Strictly staying AK only is hurting him thus far as entertaining as he is in season 2.

No way.... JDCR is beasting, and uses AK masterfully...... itís more about beating Knee, who was clearly on a mission....

I could see JDCR winning this Canada tournament easily
enko
Champion
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DinoTheDonDaDa
No way.... JDCR is beasting, and uses AK masterfully...... itís more about beating Knee, who was clearly on a mission....

I could see JDCR winning this Canada tournament easily

And Geese(the one that Knee used against JDCR) is a character that can fuck up your Tekken skills. JDCR, Qudans and Knee have lost to Geese users.

There are match ups that can make things easier for JDCR if he pick Hei or Dragunov. Against King, the obvious choice is Hei as Hei is a hard match for KIng and JDCR's Hei is goood against King. Against Ranchu's Panda, he could have used Dragunov. Dragunov is hard match for Panda. But knowing JDCR, he might stick with AK to gain experience. But JDCR did give a hint that he might use Heihachi.

JDCR winning the Canada tournament is not given as Anakin and Joey Fury will play. I have seen some of JDCR's stream and there are matches where his AK is having a hard time with a good Jack user.
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by enko
And Geese(the one that Knee used against JDCR) is a character that can fuck up your Tekken skills. JDCR, Qudans and Knee have lost to Geese users.

There are match ups that can make things easier for JDCR if he pick Hei or Dragunov. Against King, the obvious choice is Hei as Hei is a hard match for KIng and JDCR's Hei is goood against King. Against Ranchu's Panda, he could have used Dragunov. Dragunov is hard match for Panda. But knowing JDCR, he might stick with AK to gain experience. But JDCR did give a hint that he might use Heihachi.

JDCR winning the Canada tournament is not given as Anakin and Joey Fury will play. I have seen some of JDCR's stream and there are matches where his AK is having a hard time with a good Jack user.

It sounds great on paper, but he could pick Drag or Hei and still get 6-0íd while someone like Anakin uses the same old Jack against everyone..... a character having a strength in one aspect may have a weakness in another......

Speedkicks. Arslan, and Rangchu have all shot themselves in the foot focusing too hard on character matchups opposed to countering player tendencies.....AK is still a new character, I think itís best for jdcr to do some trial and error before the finals
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Geese

lol
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

enko
Champion
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DinoTheDonDaDa
It sounds great on paper, but he could pick Drag or Hei and still get 6-0íd while someone like Anakin uses the same old Jack against everyone..... a character having a strength in one aspect may have a weakness in another......

Speedkicks. Arslan, and Rangchu have all shot themselves in the foot focusing too hard on character matchups opposed to countering player tendencies.....AK is still a new character, I think itís best for jdcr to do some trial and error before the finals

He could lose. But for me he has better chance if he picked them on specific characters.

I have never seen jdcr using Hei lose against a king user at tournaments.

JDCR vs MBC(arguably the best King in the world)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCh8jNzlm9A&t=23s

JDCR won using Dragunov comfortably against Rangchu's Panda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM_0qzT3gMc

But i do think that JDCR's AK will still get better.
wrazor
Champion
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
MBC is not very good. I love watching his stream. But he is not very good(a bit like IamYourfather). Not even top 5 in the world I say. Majin is inconsistent but much better. Also haioko guy has a sick king. JDCR AK is also much better. I will even say, knee might have a better king than mbc.
I think Japan has almost 100 out of top 200 world players but they are just not tournament keen. Korea takes top 10, but Japan trumps in sheer numbers.

Speedkicks. Arslan, and Rangchu have all shot themselves in the foot focusing too hard on character matchups opposed to countering player tendencies.....AK is still a new character, I think itís best for jdcr to do some trial and error before the finals.

This is so golden. Knee even explained(i think after dangermany) his character selection was not based on character but opponent's playstyle and their mental strengths and weaknesses.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
"The battles continue at Electric Clash live now from Toronto, Canada. Get Ready for the Next Battle!"

Oh wow i didn't even knew there is another TWT that soon,

https://twitter.com/BNEesports/stat...915871485202432

Hope to see many top level familiar korean and cie there.