Does Zafina needs an "overhaul" ?

Page Splits 123>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >

Poll Results

Does Zafina needs to change ?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
No, I like the way she is.
5 62.50%
Yes, she needs to change.
3 37.50%
8 Votes 100%
DG.PRO
Berserker
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
I thought a little on why she isn't a popular character, these reasons came to my mind :

1.Her fighting style isn't that martial artist.(Just some weirdo moves)

2.Her personality isn't that interesting.(The whole psychic side of her character is uninteresting)

3.She didn't do anything in Tekken 6 and worse her 6 and tag 2 endings weren't even that good.(In one of them she dies, in the other she just kills some random soldiers while talking about stars)

Imo if they ever bring her back they should change her personality(Make her a more assassin type character) and give her a better fighting style.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Well, the failure of this character while others like The Chloe Monster™ having success to some very worrying degree, comes only to reveal the mind status of a good part of the fan base. Most of the fans are not mind healthy. It is pretty obvious and no news at all, that 90% of the people into this kind of asian stuff like tekken is definitely sick, even if tekken was once aimed to the eastern audience long time ago.

Zafina was indeed the last quality female tekken character to join since the days of tekken2, and the almost sure fact that she won't be making it for t7 comes as sort of underwhelming reality.

She was a true gift for the fans who like using females for whatever reason; for those doing it just for trolling (hoho my lili kicked Marduk's ass ohoho you shirtless boy ohohoho I'm so modern of mind hohoo..); for others that do really identify themselves with something in these female characters; for the effeminate plague too, etc, but still a true quality gift for all of them in the form of that character. And for all those who don't use females too, because there was so much quality to her, both the character itself, personality and fighting style.

That said,

1- So isn't the fight style of the animals, Chloe; Jack etc. Actually, Zafina's contorsionism might even be at least a little bit close to some indian fighting styles. So implying that Zafina's fighting style ain't real that might not be the truth at all.

2- Her personality was actually the only interesting one along with Jun, Anna and Michelle out of all females.

3- She dies in her ending "a sacrifice must be made to seal Azazel once again", but her ending was non canonical. Only Lars and Alisa roflmao path throughout T6 bullshit scenario campaign was canon, and here she still lives.

Negan's slot should have been used for Zafina's instead. Negan will probably attract even more casual folks to tekken, just for the <<hey look I can play as Negan>>, but nothing more. Yes Negan will increase sales where Zafina probably wouldn't, but that doesn't mean you have to drop her so miserably, specially when you have added loathing stuff like Chloe™ orJosie Nobody
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

DG.PRO
Berserker
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
May you tell me what part of her personality you liked ? For me I didn't like her whole psychic side of her character.(Specially her pre/after fight quotes. "You weren't strong enough to change fate." "Death becomes you" etc)

2. And she was kind of an assassin character but she never acted like one in Tekken 6 which is due to the whole Lars/Alisa scenario campaign.(Only in tag 2 she just went to assassinate Anna in her ending)
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Precisely, I liked all the mysticism shrouding her even if that was the usual indian/arabic stuff. I found her quite a likeable female character, among other things because even at her young age of 18 (I think she was) she behaved pretty adult and was not stupid by any means, as opposed to asuka and Lili, two of the latest females to joint the roster too.

And no. It was not her style and sexual biased contorsionism that attracted me about her. It was just.., her. The way she was, speak and overall be. The fighting style was just a plus.

Did she mean anything for the story eventually?, yeah I guess she had no impact on anything story wise in the bullshit t6 campaign, other than warning Jin about what we all knew about (which was more bullshit eventually, the two stars colliding and blahblah lololol nothing happened eventually..). Still, that was Harada's fault for his inavility to inspire more seriousness upon a character of quality through a well developed storyline in scenario campign, and not just giving her that background of glory about his family and what she is and blahblah, for in the end, let it all pass without any glory. The character was good enough to be taken seriously, as opposed to most females that joined before her in T5, and 4.

I liked the character of Zafina. I really liked her

lightbeast
Legend
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
I dunno how it would work story wise since a lot of her lore seemed to be tied up with Azazel. And since he seems to have been dealt with, well...

I'm not like campaigning to prevent her from being bought back or anything. In Tag 2 it could be annoying when you ran into a Zaf player because you hadn't built up the antibodies against rarely used characters like her. But in T7 that might be less of a problem.

I see where Fernandito is coming from though about her design and such. Clearly a real woman and all that, not another baby faced teen perpetually-still-at-school-since-Tekken-3 thing.
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: DinoTheDonDaDa
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
1. Wasn’t there something about Middle Easterners not receiving her well. No hijab, and somewhat sexualized.... that’s the reason Shaheen filled her placed.

2. She was nowhere near a top tier character. Very stance based, unorthodox style of play. When only a niche group of players play a character, good luck seeing them in the future.

Look at all the missing characters.... low tier with a only rate few of pro players that had success with them and low usage rates outside of tournaments
StudBuddha
#ANNAISBACK
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
I think she's fine the way she is. Just design good outfit for her and slap her in with some bs story. I would have liked to have seen Zafina instead of some of the new characters.

Zafina could have filled that middle eastern character desire. Since people seem to care so much about a flavorful representation of character from around the world.

I picked her up in Tag 2 and I didn't really get too much into her but I did appreciate her design. Very unique it fits Tekken well. This game doesn't like real women.
Bad At Tekken
Champion
PSN: Sir_Acolyte
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
1. A lot of fighting styles in this game are not based on Martial Arts but that doesn't stop them from still appearing in the game. If anything I'd welcome more unorthodox looking styles rather than another different way of using Mishima Style Martial Arts.

2. I like her personality.

3. Leo visited his dead parents, Bob lost weight, Miguel threw a fit, Alisa fought a helicopter, and Lars...well Lars did Lars stuff. None of the newcomers Tekken 6 really had much value when you think about it.

Also, psychic isn't a personality trait.
Signature "1,7. Hot steppin' like Tekken. I'ma be your main bitch in a game like ." -Azealia Banks
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: DinoTheDonDaDa
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Bad At Tekken
1. A lot of fighting styles in this game are not based on Martial Arts but that doesn't stop them from still appearing in the game. If anything I'd welcome more unorthodox looking styles rather than another different way of using Mishima Style Martial Arts.

2. I like her personality.

3. Leo visited his dead parents, Bob lost weight, Miguel threw a fit, Alisa fought a helicopter, and Lars...well Lars did Lars stuff. None of the newcomers Tekken 6 really had much value when you think about it.

Also, psychic isn't a personality trait.

Honestly, I don't see how her story affects her at all..... The entire story needs a overhaul..... Tekken needs to try again, but this time, carefully craft the story so everyone is involved and everyone progresses.....AK and Marduk are in, but nothing about their story is added, no surprise there.......

Gameplay wise, she is super fun..... but so is Wang, Gangryu, Kuni, Alex/Roger........ Can only hope for a season 3.... tough space, cuz that could be overwhelming for some
DG.PRO
Berserker
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DinoTheDonDaDa
1. Wasn’t there something about Middle Easterners not receiving her well. No hijab, and somewhat sexualized.... that’s the reason Shaheen filled her placed.

The only complain the middle easterners had with Tekken was that Tag 2 stage which had the word of Allah.(I've never seen any complains from the middle eastern people toward Zafina)
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DG.PRO
The only complain the middle easterners had with Tekken was that Tag 2 stage which had the word of Allah.(I've never seen any complains from the middle eastern people toward Zafina)

If I remember correctly, the Middle Eastern people weren't too happy about Zafina wearing a skirt in Tekken 6 so they added the white pants in TTT2.
Signature Originally posted by MysticwinD
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
lightbeast
Legend
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Which I thought was a bit odd at the time, because is Zafina even a religious person who wouldn't dress like that to begin with? *shrug*
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by lightbeast
Which I thought was a bit odd at the time, because is Zafina even a religious person who wouldn't dress like that to begin with? *shrug*

It was less about what the character itself is like and more about Middle Eastern people being super conservative.
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
As soon as she won't be rush gameplaywise like they did with Nina should be all good.

Design wise i would like her to have a costume whatever if it's default or alt with a look in the vibe of that kof new girl, Najd is her name i think.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Climbing Dragon
If I remember correctly, the Middle Eastern people weren't too happy about Zafina wearing a skirt in Tekken 6 so they added the white pants in TTT2.
But the open neckline still there and that didn't annoyed them. It's so pathetic listen to those complains, but even worse is complying with them.

You shouldn't listen to anyone when developing your game. You should never make a game (or do anything) following the "commands" of the pestilence that soccial media is.

Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Middle Eastern people being super conservative.
Conservative for the things they are interested in. And never mistake the word conservative for diactorship, which is the form of govern those societies live under, not us.

My society and I are also very conservative religious wise and towards many other aspect of life, but from there to command others what they have to do with their creations (a game in this case), lies the thin line between "freedom" and dictatorship.

This political correct dictatorship got out of their hands already long ago. Everyday we have to hear and shallow many things that border on retardation, and we have had enough of that.

Would have never before when I was a kid thought that all this shit one day ended up affecting videogames. What happened with Zafina's skirts and the arab stage was surreal, like it also is putting women in a ww2 game (Battlefield Vagina), or in a greek spartans game (ac: oddysey), and etc etc many other things that have been affecting videogames for many years already, lobbys agendas wise.

Ridiculousness defiles everything already even videogames which always was a one way ticket to evade from real life affairs. Fuck them already!, they don't even play videogames at all!

Last edited by Fernandito on Dec 8th, 2018 at 15:50

DG.PRO
Berserker
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
I think at least we should be thankful that Tekken team isn't caring about to those SJWs when making female characters.(If they did all the females would turn ugly in Tekken 7 similar to the way that female chracters of Mortal Kombat X are ugly )

The only publishers that I've heard that don't need to cater to these groups are Rockstar and the developer of Star Citizen.(Cloud Imperium was it I think)
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, well, people flip their shit way too easily these days. Everything has to be politically correct and even the slightest move in the wrong direction will send entire communities into a frenzy. Then again, there's a limit to how much backlash video game makers/companies can take before it starts to severely affect their business so I guess they can't just ignore all the people's demands and complaints.

On a side note, it just occurred to me that the Zafina controversy might be one of the reasons why Shaheen is unable to wear the fundoshi. That'd be quite interesting.
DG.PRO
Berserker
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Maybe,

BTW can we consider Shaheen as the Gigas of Zafina ? Or Is Shaheen a more popular character than Zaf ?(Since I've never ran into that much Shaheen players)

Edit: also I'm talking about the popularity not gameplay.(Since Gigas at least was a grappler similar to Marduk)
SSfox
Foxstepman
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, well, people flip their shit way too easily these days. Everything has to be politically correct and even the slightest move in the wrong direction will send entire communities into a frenzy. Then again, there's a limit to how much backlash video game makers/companies can take before it starts to severely affect their business so I guess they can't just ignore all the people's demands and complaints.

On a side note, it just occurred to me that the Zafina controversy might be one of the reasons why Shaheen is unable to wear the fundoshi. That'd be quite interesting.

Good point, imagne if characters like Mai Shiranui or Urien were introduced these days of ages, many people flip their shit overthetop just like you said lol