Tekken 7 FR: Random Rants, Chits, and Chats VOL VI

Page Splits <12345>...38
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
lightbeast
Legend
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah I dunno if I can go through all of this again for Tekken 8...
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
He's probably trolling to all those criticizing him for t7 = minimum effort path = $$$. Who knows.

Anyway, let us all sing together in happiness for such very good news we've got today

♫<<one fucking year to bring story mode customes that were already done from the beginning>>♪
♮♯<<one fucking year to bring story mode customes that were already done from the beginning>>♩
♬<<one fucking year to bring story mode customes that were already done from the beginning>>♭♫

🎶 Thanks Haraaaaadaaaaa.... thaaaaaaaankssss-🎶🎶

Oh wait. The've been released on the arcades. LeLz, that means we'll get them in two or three years max, and this without even taking into account that they have ripped this stuff from the console version and released it for arcades only aaaaaahahahah!!!. It's just Nuts! This Harada-boy gotta be surreal.

Seriously Harada. Your commercial skills ("don't ask me about shit"; we delay tekken7 home version because we want it to be as complete as possible = LeLz etc etc glory quotes) in order to keep your fans interested on the barebones tekken7 is (and still no jukebox on PC and xbox lolol) are actually unrivalred. Your superior wisdom truly is one of personal delightment.
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

Ashesfall
Fighter
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
♫<<one fucking year to bring story mode customes that were already done from the beginning>>♪
♮♯<<one fucking year to bring story mode customes that were already done from the beginning>>♩
♬<<one fucking year to bring story mode customes that were already done from the beginning>>♭♫

but but but we will also get armor king, beak, bruce (superpopular bonus!), marduk, anna, julia, lei, ...

its just a "teaser" for a hole new chapter, the trailer will be shown on E3 i feel it
Signature "let me enter and be the worst nightmare for Iron Fist 7, please Heihachi" (Season 3 lets go)
- "Demon" Geese - "SpecialForce" Josie -
- "WarMachine" Bryan - "Brawler" Steve -
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
PSN: X_Copies
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Sugar Free
Yes, you are misinterpreting.

It seems you are offended by my opinion, or by the fact that I express one.

No, I interpreted it well. I respect your analysis to the game but I don't like your attitude in telling people to use their brain in their lives. I'm more in tune with how condescending you are than what you are posting. I'm telling you that you're an asshole and you posting facts doesn't override that. It appears that you lack some social skills. Try to use your brain in that department.

Tekken 7 (subject) fails even when it comes to subjectively liking its gameplay because of how broken it is, especially in comparison to previous Tekkens.
Even if you like it, it (subject) falls shorts in many departments by not being consistent.
Nowhere I'm saying you are not intelligent for liking it or that you should not like it.

You don't need to repeat it when I already know your point as I mention that T7 is still an incomplete game. Once again, play TTT2 since you like that game so much.
lightbeast
Legend
#45 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ashesfall

but but but we will also get armor king, beak, bruce (superpopular bonus!), marduk, anna, julia, lei, ...

its just a "teaser" for a hole new chapter, the trailer will be shown on E3 i feel it

I think we finally need to stop kidding ourselves that there's some awesome update or something just around the corner that'll make everything better. I mean, look at everything that's happened so far.
Sugar Free
Raijin
#46 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by WeaponX
I'm telling you that you're an asshole
So this is the second time you directly and personally offend me, out of nowhere also, since you never truly entered the matter of discussion, and just posted to comment about me as a person.

Given the above, if I were you, I'd really ponder about my own social skills before judging those of other people.
It's unhealthy, I suggest you to spend your time differently.

Once again, play TTT2 since you like that game so much.
Thanks for your reiterated interest in what I play.
Well, as a matter of fact I do prefer TTT2 to T7 for sure.

I also like challenges, so playing an unpolished, shaky and inconsistent game really adds up to the overall difficulty, in a sense: this is mostly what makes me play T7 too.
And beating Chloe, Akuma, Jizz, Eliza and Josie, there's also that.

I like Ashes' positivity.
The game is what it is at this point, but an announcement for cool stuff like legacy characters would really boost my morale about the whole thing.
Not that I really expect anything major but eh, who knows.
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
#47 “Quote” Edit Post
So this is the second time you directly and personally offend me, out of nowhere also, since you never truly entered the matter of discussion, and just posted to comment about me as a person.

Given the above, if I were you, I'd really ponder about my own social skills before judging those of other people.
It's unhealthy, I suggest you to spend your time differently.

Thanks for your reiterated interest in what I play.
Well, as a matter of fact I do prefer TTT2 to T7 for sure.

I also like challenges, so playing an unpolished, shaky and inconsistent game really adds up to the overall difficulty, in a sense: this is mostly what makes me play T7 too.

You know, I was distracted by your attitude and didn't really give my input on this topic. I stopped playing TTT2 the first year of its era. Tag crash killed my oki game after wtf with Nina or just oki in general. There's already enough variables to handle oki situations and adding another is enough to really put them in favor to escape. A lot of unsafe moves had tremendous push back which I couldn't punish after successfully blocking mixups. It was a last draw for me after finding out that I couldn't punish Lee's d4444 to hitman. This like, dislike, and hate rage system on your team synergy was a terrible idea. I would like to freedom to choose any kind of team that I see fit for my strategy. Team Williams was laughable at best because you'll never see rage unless pigs fly. Death combos are a killer in this industry. Once again, you have to have the right team to do those death combos. Sucks for you if you don't have the team to do that and it even sucks even more if you're the receiving end of those death combos. Stepping was great in this game but it came with a lot of baggage. It made bad players who don't know how to backdash or block and can just blindly avoid almost all mixups by stepping in one direction. Now T7 is able to identify bad players like you who have trouble against newer characters like Chloe, Akuma, and etc. Bad players like you should just play TTT2 since you obviously didn't do your homework on matchups rather you went off ranting on bugs from other people's findings. Seems like you didn't get your hands dirty enough to know what it exactly what hardship feels like in T7. You're just trying to sound smart and I don't like those kinda people. I guess you can say that I have a social issue but only to the smart asses around me.
S2_Dotoring
Broken mess
#48 “Quote” Edit Post
yikes
Signature t7 sux
Sugar Free
Raijin
#49 “Quote” Edit Post
This like, dislike, and hate rage system on your team synergy was a terrible idea.
I agree, I didn't like it either.
It's also my opinion that Tag vs Solo was hardly ever a balanced situation, to add to that.

Death combos are a killer in this industry.
Agree, they have always been there though in every Tekken, and I find Tekken 7 is counter-intuitively a much bigger offender in this department in comparison to TTT2, since with characters like Akuma or Geese you are basically just some execution away from performing one every - single - match in not necessarily super fringy conditions.

Now T7 is able to identify bad players like you who have trouble against newer characters like Chloe, Akuma, and etc. Bad players like you should just play TTT2 since you obviously didn't do your homework on matchups
All this based on what factual evidence?
Hell, what even is the theoretical base for such assumptions?

See, this is where your posts stop being credible and you just sound butthurt.
Well I know putting people in front of evidence against something they like or support usually means more often than not that those people will come back at you emotionally rather than rationally, this is obviously the case here.

rather you went off ranting on bugs from other people's findings.
[...]
Seems like you didn't get your hands dirty enough to know what it exactly what hardship feels like in T7.
Oh the assumptions.
I explicitly wrote I basically cannot have a daily session without personally having to deal with some obviously unintended idiocy that straight out kills the fun and potentially ruins a streak.
Borrowing what the internet has to offer, which mirrors the same issues I find myself dealing with while playing T7, is a matter of practicality: why reinventing the wheel?

I don't have the means to record games, my money goes toward other things atm, but buying the necessary things to eventually do so is there in the realm of possibilities.

You're just trying to sound smart and I don't like those kinda people.
No man I just have a strong position about a certain subject and I like to build and express my opinions above factual basis and evidence.

Also, no way I'm accepting statements like (paraphrasing):
- "Bamco is a business and players should adapt to anything they throw at you";
- "There's no crushing frames in Tekken";
- "Tekken 7's gameplay is rock-solid".
All things that at some point appeared in this discussion.... these comments are all kinds of creepy, honestly.

I have no interest in sounding smart, especially when I'm a user without identity writing on an unpopular forum that is about a niche game genre.
Your aim is way out of range.

Also, please see what user Ashesfall replied me about T7.
He said he likes T7 for the same exact reasons that make me hate it: what for me is cringe or not acceptable, for him is hype.
I 100% respect that, seeing how he acknowledges the existence of those controversial features but, differently from me, he likes them.
I'm still positive that you are misinterpreting and/or that you are just butthurt about whatever it is that makes you butthurt, but well it's not like I care about the latter.
Sugar Free
Raijin
#50 “Quote” Edit Post
Double post.
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#51 “Quote” Edit Post
When shaheen was first announced, I was expecting an iron sheikh, you know, breaking backs and making people humble. Instead, we got a cheap cosplay prince of persia. But atleast he still breaks people's backs and makes them humble in his rage art.
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] for T7!
PendaS
Iron Fist God
#52 “Quote” Edit Post
I kinda expected Shaheen to be a grappler or a heavy hitter, but he turned out to be one of the most graceful characters in the game. I enjoy him, but wish they'd expand his movelist and add some variety. He's so bareboned, but still very effective.
PhineBuyM3
Fujin
#53 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dodecadozen
When shaheen was first announced, I was expecting an iron sheikh, you know, breaking backs and making people humble. Instead, we got a cheap cosplay prince of persia. But atleast he still breaks people's backs and makes them humble in his rage art.
Hard to pick out who's the worst of the new class cuz they all manage to be equally trash and out of place, but Shaheen's reveal trailer had me heated because his fighting style was listed as military arts on the website, then I see him fighting like a shounen anime character. Dude was Miguel 2.0 where they just make a character from a country where Tekken is poppin' but not renowned for having their own martial arts and give 'em a bullshit fighting style.
Signature
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
#54 “Quote” Edit Post
Agree, they have always been there though in every Tekken, and I find Tekken 7 is counter-intuitively a much bigger offender in this department in comparison to TTT2, since with characters like Akuma or Geese you are basically just some execution away from performing one every - single - match in not necessarily super fringy conditions.

What do you mean bigger offender? You mean T7 is less defense?

All this based on what factual evidence?
Hell, what even is the theoretical base for such assumptions?

Yeah like what you said here aside from the bugs in the game:

I would say that I'm half right about this. Some characters you mention are challenging but not some like Chloe. If you have issues against Chloe, it means you don't know your matchup.

See, this is where your posts stop being credible and you just sound butthurt.
Well I know putting people in front of evidence against something they like or support usually means more often than not that those people will come back at you emotionally rather than rationally, this is obviously the case here.

So me considering you arrogant means misinterpreting your post? No, I fully understand where you're coming from and agree what you wrote. Also you have the right to dislike the game. Despite the fact that there are bugs in the game just understand the game is incomplete. I personally still like the game because they remove this bad taste my mouth for 4 years of playing TTT2. I did play this game religiously for the first year but I have been in and out of the scene since then. You can be right but just stick with talking about the game rather than telling people to use their brains or something. Let them not use their brains. It's not up to you.
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#55 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by PendaS
I kinda expected Shaheen to be a grappler or a heavy hitter, but he turned out to be one of the most graceful characters in the game. I enjoy him, but wish they'd expand his movelist and add some variety. He's so bareboned, but still very effective.

Yeah, frickin lucky chloe is more complex than this dude, nevermind the effectiveness. Wish they'd have made him a grappler indeed.

Originally posted by PhineBuyM3
Hard to pick out who's the worst of the new class cuz they all manage to be equally trash and out of place

Come on man, Lucky Chloe is the best thing that's happened to tekken since Lili. It's only by the luckiness of Chloe that Tekken 7's sold as much as it has.

Dude was Miguel 2.0 where they just make a character from a country where Tekken is poppin' but not renowned for having their own martial arts and give 'em a bullshit fighting style.

Yeah, but atleast most of Miguel's moves and animations fit together well to bring across that drunk brawling look, and the gameplay is pretty fun. Shaheen's is just some random ass flippity flipping generic stylish shit. Honestly, I think even bob is better characterised than shaheen. And I dobn't even wanna get started on frickin' claudio.

----

Speaking of throw away characters, when are they gonna pander to India? India's got some legit martial culture.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#56 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by PhineBuyM3
Hard to pick out who's the worst of the new class cuz they all manage to be equally trash and out of place, but Shaheen's reveal trailer had me heated because his fighting style was listed as military arts on the website, then I see him fighting like a shounen anime character. Dude was Miguel 2.0 where they just make a character from a country where Tekken is poppin' but not renowned for having their own martial arts and give 'em a bullshit fighting style.
Excuse me sir. The fact we don't have an own martial art don't mean we can't be originally dangerous at brawling fights.

And we are not the only brawlers anyway. The british don't have their own style too and tend to go brawler style once you engage them on the street in the classic bar fight; you can trust me because I've gone through many of these : - D . However, they have somewhat managed to make everybody believe that boxing is something of theirs (they have had very good boxers imo to be honest anyway), when boxing actually goes back Sumerians, and the old good school and adorable classic Greek fuckheads had already perfected boxing to some degree, not just those famous grapples from the Spartans when disarmed in combat.

None of us here fight like Miguel. That's what I mean bruh, just like we don't wear trajes de torero con la fajilla y la capa when we go downtown, but what tekken has done with Miguel is something I like a lot. Hios style, look and behaviour didn't bother my the slightest when I first saw him, and still love him to this day : - D

dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#57 “Quote” Edit Post
Man, now I want a miguel clone. Drunker than his current drunk-ass self. Increased damage output by a third, with the damage received decreased by half. Should play a bit like Dr. B from tekken 3 where it's a challenge to just keep him standing. Red eyes, broken bottles and vomit stained shirt as custom items. This is Wasted Miguel!

Whenever Miguel is sitting alone in a dark corner of his favourite bar, his thoughts always go back to the day his sister was killed... and invariably, to escape the grief that fate should kill his dear sister but spare him, he fills himself with a cocktail of the strongest drinks available. Whacked out, sloshed, plastered and drooling the drink, Miguel wobbles out from the darkness. He looks around the room once and the epiphany strikes him that the depressed and quiet guy in the corner, the two drinking buddies laughing their troubles away, the gangsters playing pool, the bartender, all of them are secretly Jin! Even the fucking dartboard that he loved so much... it's really that bastard, Jin!

"Kazhhaamaaaa!!" he lets out a high pitched scream, spittle flying out of his mouth, and rushes at all of them at the same time with all his 8 arms and legs...

Last edited by dodecadozen on May 14th, 2018 at 18:09

Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#58 “Quote” Edit Post
Devil Miguel for t8.

Or dark hadou corrupted Miguel better now, to be politically correct with the current direction tekken is taking.

Akuma was no match for Devil. He as expected sucked balls. On the other hand, Man God on Earth Heihachi knocked Devil off Kazuya. However, Heihachi dies of unbearable Headache during the brawl exchange. Heihachi is death. Then bring drunk corruption Miguel for T8. He will kill DevilKaz. Jin won't because he's gay since t3 and hasn't changed since.

Heihachi is death. Miguel replaces him.

On a serious note. Have you ever wondered about the possibility that everything happening after Heihachi's intergalactic headbutt on Kazuya's nose is actually Kazuya's last dream as he lies ko'd on the floor?, I mean maybe Man God on Earth isn't dead and Harada once again trolls on us, like his last try on bringing us Mokujin

lightbeast
Legend
#59 “Quote” Edit Post
^ Ha! Good theory. That'd be hilarious. I'm they'll find some wack ass way to bring him back anyway for T8.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#60 “Quote” Edit Post
You will just get another Jerk that throws fireballs all day and will be used as Marketing tool and force to the lore so that Trollada will please to that 2D community. All this cause Trollada and the Team doesn't know anymore what to do/aren't inspired anymore about the franchise (well of course, beside dem $$$ that the franchise still bring to them).

There was a time i though Tekken: The Motion Picture was Okay, not too bad but cool and ok and could been better, now? I think this is godlike specially compare to the Joke that T7 is. The only piece of art where Tekken really felt the most right. Beside the first games of course, and DBD as well, but in those the story was told in another and very old school way, and of course even tho those were decades deeper than that Harada Fanfic T7. (I mean like if there is any deep in the T7 lowtier fanfic right.)

I think Harada should never ever touch anything in Tekken beside gameplaywise, and they seriously, i mean it's a freaking EMERGENCY at this point that they hire good writers and storytellers. (And that has knowledge and passion about the franchise of course)