Tekken 7 FR - Josie combos

Page Splits 1...<234
Share This Topic
Share
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
S2_Dotoring
Tekken 6 when
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 1582
From: Italy
#61 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by S2_Dotoring
vs bears
f1+2 dash f4,3 df4~f cd1,3

Someone finally hit it on camera.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKocHjQ_rcE (2nd combo)
Signature Follow me on twitter if you breathe
https://twitter.com/Macnuzz

Tekken 7 is ass
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 1815
From: Japan
#62 “Quote” Edit Post
Are there any kind souls who might be willing to help me out with a damage total or two?

cd+2, 3+4, f+1+2, f+3, f+4,3, u/f+3+4

cd+2, 3+4, f+1+2, f+3, 1,2,4~f+3

They appear to do almost identical damage, but I would like to confirm it.

Note: Neither of the above will work against Lee, Yoshi, or most of the female cast - the f+3 will whiff (also, the bears are right out - the f+1+2 whiffs). It does work against against Kat, Nina, Leo, and Michonne, er, I mean, "Master Raven." (EDIT: it works against Lili, too)

The thing not to mess up in this juggle is the timing of the 3+4. You can (and should) hit the buttons about as early as you can following the cd+2 launch. Also, be careful of launching at the tip of the cd+2. It should be a fairly close-by hit (as cd+2 usually is)

...an especially kind soul might even let me know the damage scores for each hit...

Last edited by aviax on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 19:19

Signature Autocrat1: "Default winning animation: Bryan punching face, minus punching just twerking"
My reply: OK, but only if they give him back his laugh and 'DIE!' during it.

handle: 六鬼袋《`》武雷庵
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 1815
From: Japan
#63 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok, fine, thanks for the help, people...



Anyway, after looking at some videos to confirm juggle damage calculations, here are the totals:

3+4, f+1+2, f+3, f+4,3, u/f+3+4 = 52

3+4, f+1+2, f+3, 1,2,4~f+3 = 51 (recommended option against Jack and Gigas, since the above juggle can be tricky at the end - the last knee often whiffs. I haven't found the most reliable timing of everything)

Please notice I took off the cd+2 launcher, which would add 20 to each total above. The reason I took it out will become apparent below. Before that, though, I wanted to list one more possible juggle and its damage:

3+4, f+1+2, 4, f+4,3, u/f+3+4 = 51 (EDIT: I miscalculated the reduction in damage when swapping f+3 out for 4. The difference is 1 point, not 2...)

This third option covers almost all the characters the first two don't - Lee, Akuma, Yoshi, and all the females not listed in my previous post, although Eliza can be tricky. The bears still don't work, since it is the f+1+2 where this all falls apart on them.

Even with all this, I think there may be an option or two that might be better than any of these, although I don't know if any of those are as easy as these.

Here's the reason you still might want to keep them in mind, and the reason I listed them separate of the cd+2 launchers: They all work off a low parry, except that 3+4 will not hit Eliza (EDIT: won't hit LC, either, nor the bears) off a LP. 3+4 will hit Ling, though.

Last edited by aviax on Sep 14th, 2017 at 09:06

Signature Autocrat1: "Default winning animation: Bryan punching face, minus punching just twerking"
My reply: OK, but only if they give him back his laugh and 'DIE!' during it.

handle: 六鬼袋《`》武雷庵
AKG_Highlander
1st Dan
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 14
From: USA Alaska
#64 “Quote” Edit Post
Anyone got any tips on getting df+2_uf+4_LP f+3, f+3, f+3? More consistently? Seen lots of vids where people use it a lot and I am starting to get the second f+3 a bit more consistent but still nowhere near using it in a real match
Signature There can be only one!
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 1815
From: Japan
#65 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by AKG_Highlander
Anyone got any tips on getting df+2_uf+4_LP f+3, f+3, f+3? More consistently? Seen lots of vids where people use it a lot and I am starting to get the second f+3 a bit more consistent but still nowhere near using it in a real match


I wish I could help you with this, but I have kind of given up on the f+3(x3) juggles, except perhaps after a cd+2. Unless I am missing something, the kind of juggle you can get with this maxes out, damage-wise, in the following way:

f+3, f+3, f+3, f+2,3,4 (S!), dash, 3,f+3

If that is correct, the damage for the juggle part (not including the launcher damage) is:

12+9+7+(12)+(11) = 51

Meaning the above plus a d/f+2 (NH) would deal out 61 total damage.

The reason I go through all the above here is because I have a few alternatives for getting the same total damage, which you might find easier to add to your game, although they are not pretty juggles.

Here is the standard, with some variations further below:

3+4 (S!), (step forward), ws+3, 4, f+4,3, u/f+3+4

damage: 18+10+6+3+4+(3+7) = 51

This juggle works most easily after either kind of hopkick, but can also work after a d/f+2. With the uppercut, though, it gets a LOT trickier, and it seems to hinge on the ws+3, which should neither be too close nor too far.

It also works after a magic 4 CH at anything closer than starting distance, unless you are off axis to your opponent's left. If the 3+4 hits, the rest of it shouldn't be too tricky.

Also, it won't work on Gigas or Jack. With them, you have to use the following:

3+4, ws+3, f+3, 1,2,4~f+3 - still 51 damage

Very tricky, though, and seems to hinge on the ws+3 again, in ways I cannot reliably describe yet.

With the bears, there's yet a different variation you have to use:

3+4, ws+3, f+1+2, 1,2,4~f+3 (52 damage)

The good news with the bears juggle is that it is dead easy, and can be used with anything that the 3+4 can hit a bear with, such as after a b+1+2 or a SWS, 3(CH). It is even easy after a d/f+2.

Going back to the first juggle I mentioned, you can also use it after a LP. Here is one more variation:

3+4, f+1+2, f+3, f+3,4, u/f+3+4 (52 damage)

This one will also work after a LP or a cd+2, if the opponent is taller than Josie. So, it will work on Lili, Nina, and MRaven, for example, but it will not hit Lee, Yoshi, or Josie herself. The first juggle listed here would be the way to go with smalls like them, although you can use a f+1+2 or step up and ws+3 for the second hit - your choice.

TL/DR

3+4 (S!), (step forward), ws+3, 4, f+4,3, u/f+3+4 (damage: (launcher + 51))

Use after: u/f+4, u/f,n,4, d/f+2 (very tricky - work on the ws+3 placement/timing), magic 4

3+4, ws+3, f+3, 1,2,4~f+3 (damage: (launcher + 51))

Use after: all the above, but with Jack and Gigas

3+4, ws+3, f+1+2, 1,2,4~f+3 (damage: (launcher + 52))

Use after: LOTS of stuff, with the bears

3+4, f+1+2, f+3_n,4, f+3,4, u/f+3+4 (damage: (launcher + 52_51))

Use after: cd+2 or LP. Use f+3 with bigger than Josie, but smaller than Jack. Use 4 with Josie and smaller. For Jack and Gigas, you might have to come up with something else after a LP, but the J&G juggle above will work with cd+2. After an LP on bears, I can't remember the best follow-up. It might be to swap f,f+4 for 3+4, and it will hit, but you get 4 fewer points' damage.

Last edited by aviax on Oct 16th, 2017 at 09:23

Signature Autocrat1: "Default winning animation: Bryan punching face, minus punching just twerking"
My reply: OK, but only if they give him back his laugh and 'DIE!' during it.

handle: 六鬼袋《`》武雷庵
ELNEGRO
3rd Dan
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 31
From: Venezuela
#66 “Quote” Edit Post
Josie Commands For Combos
AKG_Highlander
1st Dan
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 14
From: USA Alaska
#67 “Quote” Edit Post
Haha all good this info is very good and seems much easier to do, haven't been able to hit the second hit of the uf+3+4 yet, think you could record yourself doing it so I can see the proper spacing of the ws3? If not it's cool, a description would work anyway thanks for the help it is much appreciated

Originally posted by aviax
I wish I could help you with this, but I have kind of given up on the f+3(x3) juggles, except perhaps after a cd+2. Unless I am missing something, the kind of juggle you can get with this maxes out, damage-wise, in the following way:

f+3, f+3, f+3, f+2,3,4 (S!), dash, 3,f+3

If that is correct, the damage for the juggle part (not including the launcher damage) is:

12+9+7+(12)+(11) = 51

Meaning the above plus a d/f+2 (NH) would deal out 61 total damage.

The reason I go through all the above here is because I have a few alternatives for getting the same total damage, which you might find easier to add to your game, although they are not pretty juggles.

Here is the standard, with some variations further below:

3+4 (S!), (step forward), ws+3, 4, f+4,3, u/f+3+4

damage: 18+10+6+3+4+(3+7) = 51

This juggle works most easily after either kind of hopkick, but can also work after a d/f+2. With the uppercut, though, it gets a LOT trickier, and it seems to hinge on the ws+3, which should neither be too close nor too far.

It also works after a magic 4 CH at anything closer than starting distance, unless you are off axis to your opponent's left. If the 3+4 hits, the rest of it shouldn't be too tricky.

Also, it won't work on Gigas or Jack. With them, you have to use the following:

3+4, ws+3, f+3, 1,2,4~f+3 - still 51 damage

Very tricky, though, and seems to hinge on the ws+3 again, in ways I cannot reliably describe yet.

With the bears, there's yet a different variation you have to use:

3+4, ws+3, f+1+2, 1,2,4~f+3 (52 damage)

The good news with the bears juggle is that it is dead easy, and can be used with anything that the 3+4 can hit a bear with, such as after a b+1+2 or a SWS, 3(CH). It is even easy after a d/f+2.

Going back to the first juggle I mentioned, you can also use it after a LP. Here is one more variation:

3+4, f+1+2, f+3, f+3,4, u/f+3+4 (52 damage)

This one will also work after a LP or a cd+2, if the opponent is taller than Josie. So, it will work on Lili, Nina, and MRaven, for example, but it will not hit Lee, Yoshi, or Josie herself. The first juggle listed here would be the way to go with smalls like them, although you can use a f+1+2 or step up and ws+3 for the second hit - your choice.

TL/DR

3+4 (S!), (step forward), ws+3, 4, f+4,3, u/f+3+4 (damage: (launcher + 51))

Use after: u/f+4, u/f,n,4, d/f+2 (very tricky - work on the ws+3 placement/timing), magic 4

3+4, ws+3, f+3, 1,2,4~f+3 (damage: (launcher + 51))

Use after: all the above, but with Jack and Gigas

3+4, ws+3, f+1+2, 1,2,4~f+3 (damage: (launcher + 52))

Use after: LOTS of stuff, with the bears

3+4, f+1+2, f+3_n,4, f+3,4, u/f+3+4 (damage: (launcher + 52_51))

Use after: cd+2 or LP. Use f+3 with bigger than Josie, but smaller than Jack. Use 4 with Josie and smaller. For Jack and Gigas, you might have to come up with something else after a LP, but the J&G juggle above will work with cd+2. After an LP on bears, I can't remember the best follow-up. It might be to swap f,f+4 for 3+4, and it will hit, but you get 4 fewer points' damage.
Signature There can be only one!
Shiv
Kyu
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 1
#68 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey, I was looking for rage drive combos with the RD as initial move. The combo in the OP was a bit lacking and difficult to time (the b1, 1 is tricky), so I played around a bit with other stuff.

This is what I came up with:

Rage Drive combo (77 dmg):
cd3+4 f1+2 d3,4 SWS~f1,3 dash uf3+4

Seems quite a bit easier to hit, does more damage. Not sure if you could end it with a different move, uf3+4 just seems easy and consistent to hit.
TokisPL
4th Dan
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 47
From: Poland
PSN: Tokis_PL
#69 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Shiv
Hey, I was looking for rage drive combos with the RD as initial move. The combo in the OP was a bit lacking and difficult to time (the b1, 1 is tricky), so I played around a bit with other stuff.

This is what I came up with:

Rage Drive combo (77 dmg):
cd3+4 f1+2 d3,4 SWS~f1,3 dash uf3+4

Seems quite a bit easier to hit, does more damage. Not sure if you could end it with a different move, uf3+4 just seems easy and consistent to hit.

Oddly, d3,4 does not connect normally on male characters, but there is a trick to do that constantly. Once you hit with f+1+2 you buffer f,f or u during animation and it links.

Alternatively, you can do the following after raw RD:

RD, 4, 3,3 S! dash, 1,2,4 SWS f~3 (74) - the trick is to delay 1,2.. part a bit
RD 2,4 SWS f~1,3 S! dash, uf+3+4 (69) - the most consistent combo out of RD I found, unfortunately opp is BTed and you can't utilize wall properly. :/

Other stuff that was not listed yet:

WS+3, dash, d+3+4 (39-48, depending on how opp decides to recover from grounded)

(rage) CH WS+1, f+1+2, RD, f+1+2, 1,2,4 SWS f~1,3 S! dash, uf+3+4 (99 + wall carry)

CH 4, f+1+2, f+3, f+2,3,4 S! dash, SSL, 3,2~f~1,3 (66, vs male chars only)

uf+3, f+3, 3,3 S! dash, f+3, 1,2,4 SWS f~3 (66)

CD 2, f+3+4, f+1+2, 1,2,4 SWS f~1,3 S! dash, uf+3+4 (74, vs male only)

RD (hitting mid-air opp), delay, 3+4 S! dash, f+3, 1,2,4 SWS f~3 (51)
TokisPL
4th Dan
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 47
From: Poland
PSN: Tokis_PL
#70 “Quote” Edit Post
Some new stuff:
CD+1+2, ff, d+3+4 (39)

CH CD+1+2_b+1+2: WS3, b11, S! ff, f3, 124~f,3 (72_69)

CH 3+4, S!, ff, WS3, 2, f+1+2, 124~f,3 (74)

(opp's back at wall) b11:
W! bb, iWS4, W! db423 (63)
W! b434 (61)

B434 is her new most damaging wall combo now, but it may leave Josie sideturned, so watch out.

Opponent can duck the second hit of WS21 now.

Last edited by TokisPL on Sep 12th, 2018 at 00:39

 All times are GMT. The time now is 07:54

Page Splits 1...<234
Moderator Tools
Forum Jump