Page Splits 1...<222324
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#461 “Quote” Edit Post
CH WR2?

Standard TA! combo followup I fall back on would be dash, iWS4, f+1, f+3~df CDc, 1,3,2, B!, TA!, f,f+3

EDIT: I haven't checked the Tag 2 forum in ages, so sorry I missed this one!
Signature

I scribbled a Tekken Retrospective.
Originally posted by Kane:
they named it matterhorn because lili's uphill battle in tekken is the highest mountain to climb.
AltNes
Fujin
PSN: alt8765309
#462 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by TeeJay92
What is the best combo to do after you hit with a running 2 and it instantly bounds your opponent?

Use the low parry combo of your choice (check the combo thread, though not all are applicable I think because of the WR2 recovery and angle.), or tag buffer it if you want higher damage but give the opponent a LOT of red life.
I personally use WR2 B!, iWS4, f+1, f+3~d/f CD4, d+4,4
Signature Wanna play
Mag
6th Dan
PSN: MagSensei
#463 “Quote” Edit Post
Two Questions...
1) Does Drag have some Oki select?
2) Is it possible to d/b+3 > d+2?
Signature Manly df+1
meep
SoDan90
3rd Dan
PSN: SoDan90
#464 “Quote” Edit Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3ZmRmyoWB0

Can someone explain what has been going on here? The iWS 4 floats Baek because every time he hits the ground tries to tech-roll? If Baek just had stood on the ground without pressing any button this wouldn't have worked, would it?
AltNes
Fujin
#465 “Quote” Edit Post
Other way around, he didn't try to tech roll. You can do something similar and easier by doing d+4,1 on an airborne opponent over and over again. Lars lightning screw too.
Signature Wanna play
SoDan90
3rd Dan
#466 “Quote” Edit Post
So, to avoid this you have to try to tech-roll or do something?

Once I saw something similar done by Xiaoyu, the guy was doing ff3, RDS db4 over and over. I tried to do that in practice mode but I couldn't.
AltNes
Fujin
#467 “Quote” Edit Post
Often times there is some timing to it, the other two I posted are really easy to do though. Basically the opponent is semi-grounded and can be picked up floated if they don't tech

You can take advantage of a players lack of knowledge and get some extra damage or a half assed infinite for as long as they don't know whats going on.

Or as a more practical use, if you have a combo that ends with them in a situation where if they try to tech normally, they will get caught by something and will take more damage, like some kind of spike ender. They won't want to tech overall. You can then take advantage of that and go for a mid combo reset and get some extra damage. If they realize whats going on they can still tech it and potentially punish you of course.
Signature Wanna play
SoDan90
3rd Dan
#468 “Quote” Edit Post
Thank you for the clarification. I will try this out in practice mode.