< >
lizanias
Spread Tekken <3
PSN: xtc_LZN
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Have you seen this video?
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Eddy (Christie) Back Attack Tag Assault Combo

by conanzzang

People have been discussing it on another thread, so I know many of you have seen it.

Thus I went to practice mode, tried to figure how this works, and this is what I learned:
- start your combo
- start Tag Assault right away
- do Eddy/Christie/Tiger TA 3~4....then wait until you can control your first character(one that starts the combo), then you press 3
- Chreddy will do 3~4,3....and you'll be able to freely move your other character.
- then that mid launcher will hit the enemy when he/she tech rolls
- you jump to the other side so that the kick can hit the opponent from behind or from the side.
- you'll get another combo opportunity and all you have to do is finish your combo.

Basically you do 3~4,3 during Tag Assault, and the last hit of that string hits the enemy when they Tech Roll. You jump to the other side to make the kick unblockable.

If you mash 3~4,3 you will keep controlling Christie/Eddy/Tiger then your other character will instead get out of the screen(tag out). The timing has to be precised so your first char stays on screen. It's not a just frame or anything like it. It's very relaxed.

I will try to explain this setup with more details after I record my gameplay in practice mode.
Signature INDONESIAN Tekken scene = http://www.indotekken.com
ArcadePimp.com, Aussie's best Tekken site..
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
PSN: cacacarmen
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh, I was wondering about why sometimes control returns to the partner character prematurely and other times it doesn't. So it has to do with the timing of the input of the second hit of the 3~4,3 string...

How essential is the sidestep to the setup? I see in that video the player sidesteps everytime before doing it (except at the end where he gets a flip over launch).

If they don't tech we could do a reset with the first character. Though its not much damage...
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"
"我早就说过,你换几个普通角色你就发现你也很弱。。 "
"卡波拉门"
lizanias
Spread Tekken <3
PSN: xtc_LZN
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by CaCarmen
How essential is the sidestep to the setup? I see in that video the player sidesteps everytime before doing it (except at the end where he gets a flip over launch).

Based on the tests I did. When you ss during Tag Assault you increase the likelihood of you getting the whole setup right, because the enemy is now slightly off axis and this situation allows your first character to jump to the other side more easily. And the launcher hitting your enemy from their side or their back.

However if you don't sidestep during the TA you may push the enemy further from Chreddy, thus making the launcher whiff. You may be able to still travel to other side, but the opponent is too far from Christie/Eddy/Tiger.

It's really weird situation. One that needs a visual aid to be understood.

Speaking of weird situations I repeated the same setup near the wall, and this setup becomes blockable in a way I didn't expect at all. I used Christie & Eddy, did the TA 3~4,3, then when the controls was back to Xtie I pressed 3~4, but her low sweep was blockable just by holding back after tech rolling. The low sweep made a contact from the enemy's front side but it was blockable. It was like Namco made auto guard to prevent people from using Tag Assaults to attack low and mid at the same time(unblockable, the MvC3 way).

and here's another strange occurrence where an opponent could block an attack that came from behind
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFvXwi2vN5M

Originally posted by CaCarmen
If they don't tech we could do a reset with the first character. Though its not much damage...

IIRC...it is safe to sideroll because when the opponent siderolls the launcher misses.

Last edited by lizanias on Dec 23rd, 2013 at 19:05

Signature INDONESIAN Tekken scene = http://www.indotekken.com
ArcadePimp.com, Aussie's best Tekken site..
LuizWsp
Virtuoso
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
I saw Jundding tried it once in this Tekken Strike 3rd season, but he failed. I think it was against Moq
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by lizanias
Speaking of weird situations I repeated the same setup near the wall, and this setup becomes blockable in a way I didn't expect at all. I used Christie & Eddy, did the TA 3~4,3, then when the controls was back to Xtie I pressed 3~4, but her low sweep was blockable just by holding back after tech rolling. The low sweep made a contact from the enemy's front side but it was blockable. It was like Namco made auto guard to prevent people from using Tag Assaults to attack low and mid at the same time(unblockable, the MvC3 way).

Yeah, this is something I found a long time ago (with other setups). Like, I would try B! (TA Christie b+4,3,3), the second hit of the string would whiff, the opponent would tech, and then the last mid would make contact with them. So I would try doing a low at the same time with my point character. But what I found is the opponent can block both by just holding back... I can see why Namco did that, but it does kind of suck for us

But hey, this tech trap hits them in the back, so it should not be an issue! I really need to try with this.

BTW, you shouldn't be able to sideroll a qcf+3 reset if done properly, the only options are to tech roll or (in this game) tag crash (I have quite a few setups for qcf+3 resets after TAs with Hwoarang). But I don't think its worth setting up a reset in this situation since we bound so early.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
OK I'm retesting this after a friend brought up potential setups with another character. What I'm finding is doing a tech roll and then neutral guard or holding back away from the point character allows the defender to block the second hit of Christie's 3~4,3 backturned. Can anyone who is comfortable with this setup test this out with either record function (like I'm using) or with a friend to confirm for sure? I'm unsure whether or not its my execution or the setup itself isn't guaranteed.

What is cool that I'm finding is that getting the 3~4,3 blocked BT seems to guarantee a mid/throw mixup between a BT throw and a BT hopkick, since the opponent can only duck or stand. Not as cool as an unblockable launcher though...

Last edited by CaCarmen on Feb 4th, 2014 at 17:28

Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"