Page Splits <12
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
squaregatescrub
6th Dan
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Tomattos
For what I've been reading in Asuka's forum, she is very weak against strong turtling. Is Miguel good at breaking a good defense??... also if anyone have general tips on this team I would be really happy to read them !!

Since no one replied to this, I will.

I noticed that his df+1 mixups is quite effective to break down a turtle's defense. df+1,1 df+1,2 df+1,1,3
Shove in some b+2,2 some low pokes, and you'll be slowly chipping him/her down. uf+4 is relatively safe so use that when you're in range. Miguel has some ridiculously easy combos.
PolterGiestRysK
Shihan
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
The Miguel Thread is pretty much dead. So Sad! Where are the Miguel Players? I guess all players are playing Mishimas huh?

Yeah poking the hell out of turtle players and execute a throw always. If he tries to back dash out of the pressure, you have f+2+3 to close into him. Throw, low/mid safe pokes and more pokes. lol

uf+4 punishable though. Its -13 -12 on block I don't know I'm not sure. Dragunov was able to launch me with df+2 after blocking my uf+4.
smashbro
Kyu
PSN: AssumedParasite1
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
I am just on KOF kick atm. I am still trying to find a teammate for him lol
Macrorang
1st Dan
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Based on my experience with Miguel from this game, he can tag with about any character. My perspective on some of his tag partners (for a Miguel "mainer")

- Kazuya
This is somewhat of a no brainer due to the tools that he has that Miguel does not have (good punishers, technical movement (crouch dash), and heavy mix up game. However, I personally believe that it takes a long time to perfect this character...

- Jinpachi
Miguel and Jinpachi is the primary team I have been using due to Jinpachi's style being opposite of Miguel. Jinpachi brings some serious punishers (i10 KND 1,2; i12 KND b+1,2; i14 d/f+2 launch) as well as his dangerous risky 50/50 mix-ups. Also, he can play keep out (high tracking b+4 to keep opponents out and bait; u+4 - a mid hitting knee that guarentees a free d+4 and creates another 50/50 game). What Jinpachi lacks (poking game, character movement ex: no backdash, but he has b+3+4 to get him out of opponents poking range) Miguel can compliment him with his tools.

-Nina
Talk about applying pressure! Man, she can do it better than anyone in this game. She has superior mobility, evasive attacks, and offensive pressure that can your opponent go crazy! Only downfall to using her with Miguel is that he hates her (-2 Netsu: if this plays a role in having a partner for him), but I wouldn't let that determine my partner for anyone.

Other notable tag partners: Bob, Armor King
monzell
Sage
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
I Play Mig/AK

Works well because where AK lacks wall carry and number of hits in a juggle, Mig can pick it up with his Sav transition combos.

[AK/Mig] ss+2,1 B! TA df+1~f, Sav df+1~f, df+4,1~f, Sav 121, iSW

TA on wall doesnt seem to be quite as good tho. They have damage and set ups there, dont get me wrong, but its the only thing this team of mine is a little weak in. (Compared to easy wall monsters)
Signature Yep, its Kray
Macrorang
1st Dan
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by monzell
I Play Mig/AK

Works well because where AK lacks wall carry and number of hits in a juggle, Mig can pick it up with his Sav transition combos.

TA on wall doesnt seem to be quite as good tho. They have damage and set ups there, dont get me wrong, but its the only thing this team of mine is a little weak in. (Compared to easy wall monsters)

I've tried this team when the game released on consoles. Miguel and Armor King do compliment each other very well. He is a solid well rounded character for Miguel...
Signature Student of the Game! Have fun and learn at the same time!
My first game for the PSX in 95'.......Tekken
- Tekken 7 Character
- Using or experimenting with
PolterGiestRysK
Shihan
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by monzell
I Play Mig/AK

I main Mig/AK as well. this team is superb in my opinion. But their combos on walls can be a bit unreliable with BIG characters. you have few wall combo options with BIGS.

TA on walls can be deadly with this:
AK: d+2~5_df+2~5_f+1+2~5 TA! Mig: f+4, 2 AK: f+1(Jab), db+2+4(GT), b+1, 2, GS_db/f+2+4
you need to change Mig's f+4, 2 to df+2, 1 in the filler for BIGS such Marduk, Jack/s, Bob, Kuma/Panda for reliability.

AK: d+2~5_df+2~5_f+1+2~5 TA! Mig: df+1~f, SAV b+1, 2 AK: df+1, f+1+4 - For smalls(females) and mediums(males) characters only

AK: d+2~5_df+2~5_f+1+2~5 TA! Mig: 3+4, SAV 1,2,1 AK: GS - watch out for the TAG CRASH! lol if they did not tag crash count on oki. (use this for the BIGS)

With Miguel here are some options:

Mig: SAV 2~5_d+2~5 TA! AK: f+2, 1 Mig: 3, 4 - hits consistently with smalls

Mig: SAV 2~5_d+2~5 TA! AK: f+2, 1 Mig: df+4, 1, 1 - for mediums and BIGS.

Mig: SAV 2~5_d+2~5 TA! AK: db+2, 3 Mig: d+1+2_f+2+3 W!_balcony break! - Works on any sizes. Use this to wall or balcony break. You can use AK: b+2+3 after a balcony break.

Last edited by PolterGiestRysK on Mar 17th, 2013 at 07:18

BlackViper55
War Lord
PSN: RenegadeBlade27
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Gotta go with Miguel/Steve.

-Dem cultural shirts.
-Steve deals with CH juggles, while Miguel deals with NH juggles.
-Leo and Lars are their rivals. EURO BRAWL TIME!!!
Signature My TTT2 Teams:
Males: Devil Jin/Armor King, Paul/Heihachi, Marduk/Jack-6, Lee/Hwoarang, Ancient Ogre/Jinpachi
Females: Miharu/Asuka, Michelle/Jun, Kunimitsu/Zafina, Jaycee/Anna, Lili/Nina
But I always pick different teams
ZaibatsuXiaoyu
Iron Fist God
PSN: TSA-PATDOWN
XBL: ToneOfARC
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Thinking of switching to Miguel and I was shopping around for a partner that could really be relentless alongside Migs. I'm looking for high damage and a really good 50/50 oki game.

Bryan? Michelle?
Tourist
1st Dan
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi i need help,

Anyone knows what is a good juggle for miguel w/ bruce?
PolterGiestRysK
Shihan
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
^
^
@Tourist

I don't play Bruce, but I can give the body of Miguel's combo regardless of what launcher you hit. Try to use this: Launcher HIT!(~5 to bring Miguel in for redife damage as well) Mig: df+1~f, SAV df+1, df+4, 1~f, SAV 2 TA! or B!(Bruce Fillers)Mig: ff+2, 2

use ff+2, 2 as your ender move with Miguel.
Adanimo
2nd Dan
PSN: Adanimo
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
My main is Bruce/Mig team......so here is what I suggest for their combos to work.

First I had to alter Mig's launch into BnB juggle combo with a more customized version as this can help maximize his partners juggle filler combo: (Ex. launch, 2,1,d/f+1~F,2 B!~5......)
-On a side note when launching with Mig it is best to tag into Bruce after launch (Ex. d/f+2,1)to take away from opponents red health if possible.

Ex.1 Launch with Mig then 2,1,d/f+1~F,2 B!~5/ b+4,3,4/ ff+2,2........with Miguel sometimes it is also more in your favor if you decide to cancel his ff+2,2 ender with just ff+2,2~d because this can setup into oki options.

As with Bruce I am trying to keep it as basic as possible by ending the combos with his f,n,d,d/f+3+4 so I can maximize his damage potential, possibly carry opponent to wall, and safely setup into a raw tag if needed.
Ex.2 Launch with Bruce then f+4,f+3,f+4~1 B!~5/ ff+2,2/ f,n,d,d/f+3+4

Comments, questions, or suggestions are appreciated........
Signature .......
Follow me on Twitter.com/Adanimo_
I stream tekken and tournaments @ twitch.tv/adanimo
genocide_cutter
3rd Dan
PSN: genocidecu
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
I run Mig and Leo
What The Cookie
Kyu
PSN: dantekos
XBL: I C 0 0 K 1 E o
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
I main Jun with Mig. The combo I generally use for Mig doesn't quite work with other characters. But Jun can just about reach it during the bound. Does around 108 damage mid screen and without wall. I could give the input, but I'm kinda new to this so I might just type it wrong xD
Mjolnir
Kyu
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi! Was wondering how Miguel would do with a character or two I had in mind. I loooveeee playing as Miguel and he's slowly becoming my best and favorite character to use but I was wondering about a 2nd since I don't think I'd be down just soloing Miguel. So I wondering how Angel/Miguel would work. Was also thinking about Kuma/Miguel but I'm looking more at Angel for now. Still I'd like to hear how both would work with 'im.