Info & Discussion -- Check First Post for Updates!

Page Splits 1...<121314
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
JiveTurkeyJones
7th Dan
#261 “Quote” Edit Post
another break from school work...

Rolex can eliminate red off of eachothers CH df+2 by raw tagging into db+3

CHdf+2, recover, raw tag, db+3, 1+2, df+1+2 B! (into whatever)

or if with in reasonable distance of wall

CHdf+2, recover, raw tag, db+3, 1+2, 123 W! (into whatever)

--Jive
C 3
3rd Dan
#262 “Quote” Edit Post
Does anybody know how to get the animated head item for Roger?
JiveTurkeyJones
7th Dan
#263 “Quote” Edit Post
Rolex db+3+4 are not equal. I tested Alex with record mode...it's -1 on block at best. But it is definitely safe. If you turn on hit analysis...you can actually see where Alex is blue a split second longer than the opponent. But I noticed this after I tested it. Also, Alex version pushes the opponent back further than Rogers.

Tested Rogers, definitely plus on block.

Both versions definitely have evasion to them...but the opening frames may also have crush properties as well. I tested by recording both alex and roger doing the following attack strings ...

1,2, dB+3+4
df+4, db+3+4
df+3, df+3+4

When playing back, I blocked the initial attacks, retaliated with a jab. The opponents db+3+4 would evade and hit me. It's really good at evading really short ranged attacks. Beats single jabs... and even evades mids like Alex and Rogers df+4. But loses to longer range attacks like Lars df+1 for example, and Rolex df+1, or df+2. When retaliating with jab strings...the second jab would smack them out of db+3+4 as they came back/up for the uppercut.

--Jive
jiorio95
Don Frye
PSN: jiorio
#264 “Quote” Edit Post
So I was wrong about u/f+4, bob 1, ws3>3 b! TA AGF, AGF not working, I got it to hit on Jinpachi, Jin and Asuka. 86 damage and pretty easy. Don't know what was wrong with my fingers the other night.
Mr. NO!
Deity
#265 “Quote” Edit Post
Not sure if anyone else overlooked this, but I thought I'd give it a special mention.

Originally posted by amphreded
Personally I use ff+3+4 for TA since it hits so late to the point tht it allows Roger's partner to get into better positioning/have more time for the ender.

The height and push-back to your point character is pretty amazing.

Last edited by Mr. NO! on Sep 14th, 2012 at 17:58

JiveTurkeyJones
7th Dan
#266 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by amphreded
Personally I use ff+3+4 for TA since it hits so late to the point tht it allows Roger's partner to get into better positioning/have more time for the ender.

Originally posted by Mr. NO!
Not sure if anyone else overlooked this, but I thought I'd give it a special mention.

The height and push-back to your point character is pretty amazing.

Did not even think about that. Will play with that later on.

Not sure if you guys noticed, or it's been mentioned already. But f+1+2,2, has had a hitbox adjustment since BR. The hitbox has either been raised up, or just made smaller overall. Either way, it doesn't hit as low as it used to. Some solo combos using f+4,3,2 B!, can no longer be followed up with f+1+2 as a finisher. I didn't know this because I've been forgoing rage/netsu management for right now, and just TA!'ing on every combo for the muscle memory and practice lol. Was working on some solo combos today, and was shocked that it kept dropping For example, the old df+2 CH, slight ssr~cd+2, f+4,3,2 B! f+1+2,2 no longer works. In order to make this combo work, you must slight ssl, instead. I did find that [f+4,3], 1, [f+4,3,2] B! f+1+2,2 still works. But there were a few other combos where it just straight whiffs now. Using headbutt as B! still allows the f+1+2,2 to connect everytime, since your recovery on headbutt is faster than f+4,3,2. All this means is that headbutt allows you to reach the opponent earlier in bound state aka they are slightly higher...allowing f+1+2,2 to connect clean every time.

--Jive
amphreded
Iron Fist God
PSN: amphreded
#267 “Quote” Edit Post
Yes ff+3+4 is still one of my favorite TA options. Glad someone else sees its benefit!
AGF for max damage, b+2,4 for wall carry, and ff+3+4 for accuracy and after weird B! moves that recover really slow (specifically Yoshi's kin+1+2 in my case).
Mokujin Man
Master of Mimicry
PSN: KevlarX290
#268 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh wow I didn't realise ff+3+4 gives recoil damage if you land face down, regardless of whether it connects or not. I lost a round this way lol.
Signature *~Got Wood?~*

My T6:BR custom pics!

[1|2|3|4|5|6] [1|2|3] [1|2|3] [1|2|3]
Edmund
War Lord
Rubbish
4th Dan
PSN: ume-rubbish
#270 “Quote” Edit Post
Me and a local player called Ganz put together this Alex tutorial (it is a bit hefty) based on his experiences playing him since the release of Tag 2.

Figured it would be useful to atleast someone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cXayzQOsN4

Cheers
Signature - Bish Bash Dokyan -
Fergus
Kazama Slamma
PSN: Fergus2k8
XBL: FlowchartFergus
#271 “Quote” Edit Post
Anyone play around with ff3+4 as filler to refloat? They have to tech if they don't want to eat it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e60MYjRf30
Signature + main. Interested in + for T7

Join CKT Group, the new upcoming tekken clan, join the family! - https://www.facebook.com/groups/CKTTekken/?fref=ts

Thanks VendettaAshes for the avatar!
Demonitzu
Europe Match Finder
PSN: Demonitzu
#272 “Quote” Edit Post
I forgot about that setup, nice demonstration