TTT2 King General Discussion/FAQ thread.

Page Splits 1...<121314
Share This Topic
Share
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1978
From: USA California
PSN: dropkick_br
#261 “Quote” Edit Post
Guys, can you confirm if Irish Whip 1+2(b+1+2~1+2) will give you a guaranteed hopknee? I tried it in practice mode and no movement option (even jumping) or even blocking can stop the hopknee if you do it immeadiately... It's important I think since it gives us a throw launcher...

It doesn't register as a 2-hit combo (though Irish whip desn't give any kind of hits at all...) but it seems guaranteed...
Signature : Darnnit guys! I just heard I just got randomly booked against Jack for Tekken 7! All that buildup we did from Tekken 5 went to waste...
: Wait? I thought we are booked to do a epic triple threat match at Tekken 7? I'm even devising the spots we were doing.
: Hey bro, not only that... both of us got future endeavored...
: This is some WCW sh*t going on... Who's booking this crap?
Iz-GOod
Deity
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 695
From: Canada
PSN: Iz-GOod
#262 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm pretty sure it can be blocked. Try it with a human opponent in Practice mode, as CPU in Practice mode is not reliable on everything.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if turnaround 1 jab will float.
Signature You can't escape the crotch dive. Nobody escapes the crotch dive.
bodi langwij
5th Dan
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 58
From: USA Washington
XBL: bodi langwij
#263 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DEATH
Guys, can you confirm if Irish Whip 1+2(b+1+2~1+2) will give you a guaranteed hopknee? I tried it in practice mode and no movement option (even jumping) or even blocking can stop the hopknee if you do it immeadiately... It's important I think since it gives us a throw launcher...

It doesn't register as a 2-hit combo (though Irish whip desn't give any kind of hits at all...) but it seems guaranteed...


Just finished testing it on practice mode, record function, and two Kings; here's what I discovered.

First is the opponent's response, second is the result of the exchange. EDIT* forgot to mention blocking.

First option
b+1+2~1+2, u/f+4

just block: lose-you get blocked
1: lose-you get floated
2: lose-you get floated
d+1: win-get launch
d+2: win-get launch
BT u+4: draw-light damage, and you can pick up with d/f+4,3 IF they don't tech roll.

Second option
b+1+2~1+2, bf+1+2

just block: win-turns into muscle buster for 50 damage.
1: win-turns into muscle buster for 50 damage.
2: win-turns into muscle buster for 50 damage.
d+1: lose-punched in the balls.
d+2: lost-punched in the balls.
BT u+4: win-throw lands for 75 damage.

While nothing is guaranteed, it really is a coin toss with the advantage to King. Most people respond to b+1+2~1+2 by d+1'ing, and its great to hopkick them right in their business, then switching it up to bf+1+2 for the next.

Lastly, while some other characters may have some kind of fancy BT move to sneak in there, I can't think of any right now. Maybe someone else can test a non-King character.
Star Saber
Banned By Mod
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1097
PSN: lurking out there.
#264 “Quote” Edit Post
b+1+2~1+2 gives +5 frames iirc. And BT jab is 8f I believe, so yes it should float King out of uf+4.
Signature "In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity"
Random noob comment upon watching my King in a TR session: "How crazy is that tiger. Someone take him to the zoo."
#BUFFANGEL #BUFFWTF
Originally posted by noodalls
Didn't think I'd ever say it, but you guys need to try to be more like Star Saber when you post.
devilsnap
Shihan
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 111
#265 “Quote” Edit Post
What about b+1+2~1+2, Octopus slam?

There's a couple of vids of Triple H doing it and it looks damn guaranteed. Totally serious. I know it's not meant to be, but I swear to god.
bodi langwij
5th Dan
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 58
From: USA Washington
XBL: bodi langwij
#266 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by devilsnap
What about b+1+2~1+2, Octopus slam?

There's a couple of vids of Triple H doing it and it looks damn guaranteed. Totally serious. I know it's not meant to be, but I swear to god.


I love watching Triple H play. Nothing is as pleasant as watching a "low/mid tier" character like King wreck on Heihachis and Fengs. Makes me feel all warm inside.

Secondly, I posted the bf+1+2 option which is the octopus slam. As far as how he hits it as often as he does, I have a theory about that...

1. When I look at high level play on youtube, I don't see Kings very often. OP uses Lars, Nina, Leo, JDCR uses Hei, AK, Jinpachi, True Ogre, HAO uses Jin and Feng, ect. This being the case, I can't imagine there is a reaction based familiarity as there would be with other more commonly used characters (reaction based meaning they may know in theory the move is coming, but not know how to respond to it fast enough under fire and stress).

2. When King uses b+1+2~1+2, something interesting I noticed was that the characters switch sides. 1P <-> 2P. For people who don't know Kings irish whip mix ups, this spinning of the camera can cause players needing a second to get their balance back (ie. Where are their characters, which direction is back and forward, how far am I from the opponent, ect.). It takes that one millisecond of gaining composure to give Triple H enough time for the octopus slam, because he knows exactly where he's going to be and what he needs to imput.

3. Triple H is magic.

Of course, this is only my guess, but if b+1+2~1+2 guarenteed 75 damage, we would see it much much more often, considering how abusable it could be.
devilsnap
Shihan
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 111
#267 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh sorry, I didn't read your post properly.

My own thoughts is that it's a mixture Triple H has training his op to block and he's got the perfect timing. It doesn't seem like the op is slow in trying to block or anything, but creating hesitation even for a couple of frames could be the difference.

Either that it's just a freaky frame anomaly that he's discovered and exploiting. Or the only videos are of him pulling it off and there's another thousand examples of it blowing up in his face.
SridharsVs
Legend
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 525
From: India
PSN: Tekken_5_King
#268 “Quote” Edit Post
What the hell?? After b+1+2~1+2 the opponent can always press d/b. If King tries a hopkick, it will whiff giving opponent a free ws launcher. The same goes for the throw too. It will whiff and the opponent gets free launch. Kings only safe option would be d/f+1. It has been there since T5.
King b+1+2~1+2 only works as long as the opponent doesnot know this.
Star Saber
Banned By Mod
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1097
PSN: lurking out there.
#269 “Quote” Edit Post
df+1 is beaten by BT jab/low jab too.
df+1 = 14f. BT jab = 8f. plus -5 frames from eating b+1+2~1+2 = 13f.

There's nothing guaranteed. It's a guessing game. That's the point.
Signature "In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity"
Random noob comment upon watching my King in a TR session: "How crazy is that tiger. Someone take him to the zoo."
#BUFFANGEL #BUFFWTF
Originally posted by noodalls
Didn't think I'd ever say it, but you guys need to try to be more like Star Saber when you post.
TheDinosaur
Hurm
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 5804
From: United Kingdom
XBL: Archelon
#270 “Quote” Edit Post
duck jab is guaranteed. unless lings and maybe lili (?).
Signature Say NO to shoulder buttons!

Bloody Elbow: The MMA website I write for. It is the best MMA website.
bodi langwij
5th Dan
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 58
From: USA Washington
XBL: bodi langwij
#271 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SridharsVs
What the hell?? After b+1+2~1+2 the opponent can always press d/b. If King tries a hopkick, it will whiff giving opponent a free ws launcher. The same goes for the throw too. It will whiff and the opponent gets free launch. Kings only safe option would be d/f+1. It has been there since T5.
King b+1+2~1+2 only works as long as the opponent doesnot know this.


You know whats horrible? I tried this with a hopkick, like 90 times, and it worked once, on the 2ND time I did it. So there I was, sitting there, knowing it was possible from the beginning, but unable to avoid it for the next 90 times.

Any chance at all you can find more evidence of this? Like a video or something? I'd believe it to be true, if it worked more frequently. Either way, I'm going to keep testing it, because I can't imagine Irish whip being that painfully useless.
SridharsVs
Legend
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 525
From: India
PSN: Tekken_5_King
#272 “Quote” Edit Post
I tested it out today. Actually you can avoid Kings hopkick after b+1+2~1+2. The timing is almost like a just frame. You need to input b~d/b and voila ~~ opponent ducks right under hopkick for a big whiff giving him a cheezy ws launcher. However, the timing is really tight, I dont think that anybody can pull it off consistently.

Also, I dont know but as far as my tests go, I was able to avoid both b+1+2~1+2~Stretch Buster and Hopkick mixups for a few times. Rest of the time I would end up eating Muscle buster instead. Its all in timing the b~d/b in the precise frame I think. Spending a few hours in the practice mode might do the trick.

In the mean time King b+1+2~1+2 still stands as a valid mixup. Hopkick or grab mixup is too good.
bodi langwij
5th Dan
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 58
From: USA Washington
XBL: bodi langwij
#273 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SridharsVs
I tested it out today. Actually you can avoid Kings hopkick after b+1+2~1+2. The timing is almost like a just frame. You need to input b~d/b and voila ~~ opponent ducks right under hopkick for a big whiff giving him a cheezy ws launcher. However, the timing is really tight, I dont think that anybody can pull it off consistently.

Also, I dont know but as far as my tests go, I was able to avoid both b+1+2~1+2~Stretch Buster and Hopkick mixups for a few times. Rest of the time I would end up eating Muscle buster instead. Its all in timing the b~d/b in the precise frame I think. Spending a few hours in the practice mode might do the trick.

In the mean time King b+1+2~1+2 still stands as a valid mixup. Hopkick or grab mixup is too good.


Well that's just a big bag of damnit right there.

RAGE MODE IRL (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
SridharsVs
Legend
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 525
From: India
PSN: Tekken_5_King
#274 “Quote” Edit Post
Can anybody do b+1+2~2+4, GTs at a 100% execution rate?? The 3hit combo seems extremely hard to pull off consistently. I can only manage to do it about 4times out of 10tries. Any tips on landing it consistently??
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1978
From: USA California
PSN: dropkick_br
#275 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SridharsVs
Can anybody do b+1+2~2+4, GTs at a 100% execution rate?? The 3hit combo seems extremely hard to pull off consistently. I can only manage to do it about 4times out of 10tries. Any tips on landing it consistently??


You just gotta get the timing down... It's supposed to be hard considering the damage potential it has...
Signature : Darnnit guys! I just heard I just got randomly booked against Jack for Tekken 7! All that buildup we did from Tekken 5 went to waste...
: Wait? I thought we are booked to do a epic triple threat match at Tekken 7? I'm even devising the spots we were doing.
: Hey bro, not only that... both of us got future endeavored...
: This is some WCW sh*t going on... Who's booking this crap?
MMT
Royal Pain
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 4894
From: Australia
PSN: MMTheo
#276 “Quote” Edit Post
First GT is the hardest part to get. Closest distance you get your hands on.
As Death said, practice. With that kind of timing, you’re bound to stuff up at least once or twice every 10 times, more so after getting around to notice that your Irish Whip wasn’t broken.. XD
Signature STC|MMT|=ToT=

- Multiple Mono Tasking.
This is a signature that was made with a lot of EFFORT
TheDinosaur
Hurm
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 5804
From: United Kingdom
XBL: Archelon
#277 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SridharsVs


In the mean time King b+1+2~1+2 still stands as a valid mixup.


does it? you can do b+1+2~1+2, which can be broken at two points (afaik) or ducked, then that gets you into a situation where you can mix up muscle buster and hopkick, but the hopkick option is launch punishable.

why not just mix up qcb+1+2 and hopkick in the first place? only breakable at one place, and the hopkick doesn't get launched.
Signature Say NO to shoulder buttons!

Bloody Elbow: The MMA website I write for. It is the best MMA website.
SridharsVs
Legend
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 525
From: India
PSN: Tekken_5_King
#278 “Quote” Edit Post
I think you got me wrong there. What I meant was that in case if you actually do manage to land b+1+2~1+2 on an opponent then you will get a 50-50 chance of doing either a GS or Stretch Buster or a hopkick. Ducking under a hopkick is almost like a strict just frame. So, I dont think that anyone would actually try doing that unless they are 100% sure that you would go for the throw mixup.

 All times are GMT. The time now is 19:19

Page Splits 1...<121314
Moderator Tools
Forum Jump