Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
x MAD AXES x
Anna=washing machine
PSN: MAD AXES
XBL: Lingxiaowho
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Want some tips on how you play Michelle, post a video of you playing and we'll tell you what you can do do improve and what good things you do in these videos. We won't judge you, this is a community and we are willing to help as much as possible.

(Anyone got a better post intro tell me one XD)
Great_Dark_Hero
Lone Wolf
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HQn2OoJUuU

This replay is about a month old, but there were definitely some things that needed improvement -
(i.e. pokes and wall combos...) I need some help, and I wish to learn much more about Michelle's game plan...
Signature KOF player who likes Tekken.
x MAD AXES x
Anna=washing machine
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
- you whiff alot with your characters be careful unless you'll get launched
- I would never do df+3+4 with Michelle because for some weird reason the second hit of it will whiff it is also launch punishable, qcf+2 is her best high crush is a high but safe if they don't duck it of course do this instead.
-d,df+1,4 is a good mix up but you only go for the low which means your opponent will predict it and you will get launched, do stuff like d,df+1,4 wait for roll to finish ff+1/d,df+1,4 again/ df+1 if they are crouching you can get ff+3 but is strict timing/mad axes and more of course
- Yes ws+1 is one of her safer launchers but still -13 which hurts
- don't get up b+3+4 because it is highly punishable
- change your juggle to launcher 4 d,df+1,4,1 d,df+1,4,1+2~5 B! Miharu f+2,1,4 Michelle isw its to most damage michelle can get with miharu.
- After Michelles ws+3 Michelle gets a ff+2 or dash 4~2,1 bbut thats hard
- After Michelles f+3~1 if they try to get up you can float them with ff+1 if they lay there ff+2 (ff+2 is always guaranteed though)
- Juns f+2 is launch punishable
- Juns f+4 is +3? on block
- Juns f+1+2 is +5 on hit you have to guess the mix up
- Juns uf+4,3 is -13 Michelle gets 2~b 1+2 miharu gets f+1+2

Anyway congrats on that win.
Any other replays you want us to watch?
http://rbnorway.org/ttt2-frame-data/ use this for frame data.
Signature Galen "Feed me your load"

Lucky Chloe troll
Great_Dark_Hero
Lone Wolf
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Ugh, ws+1 is -13. Geez... Oh yeah, I did start using Miharu's 2,1,4 tag fillers a few days after this match took place (I was originally afraid of doing that tag filler combo because I thought Michelle would probably have too many hits, but that's not the case - very easy to combo into isw. I also realize the Michelle can also combo into isw herself after three d,df+1,4~1 loops, with the third loop ending with 1+2 for the bound.
I will definitely make use of ff+2 after a knockdown.
If the opponent did try to predict a low from the Shot Gun variant, I would try to go for d,df+1,4~3,1 for a good mid hitting blow. The 3 can be used as a frame trap of sorts because several opponents I fought against fell for either one of those strikes.

Hey, thank you so much! I do have more Michelle videos coming right up! I'll get the uploaded something this week!
x MAD AXES x
Anna=washing machine
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Great_Dark_Hero
If the opponent did try to predict a low from the Shot Gun variant, I would try to go for d,df+1,4~3,1 for a good mid hitting blow. The 3 can be used as a frame trap of sorts because several opponents I fought against fell for either one of those strikes.
Might aswell go for df+1 oc ff+3 (takes practice) the df+1 is safe and oc will do more damage than d,df+1,4,3,1 the 3 is launch punishable correct me if I'm wrong and the follow up can be ch 4 interupted don't take my word for that though don't use the move XD.
Great_Dark_Hero
Lone Wolf
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
x MAD AXES x
Anna=washing machine
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
d,df+1>2 is Ncc and hc on ch aswell, it's -13 so hc it
4~2,1 is ncc hc it or if the punch whiffs it's nc
Don't use 4,4,4 or 4,4,d+4 the last options can both be ducked, she has 4,4,1 but if the ipponent guesses right he can punish that.

I'll try to upload some vids of me tomorrow.

Lucky Chloe troll
x MAD AXES x
Anna=washing machine
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Just uploaded these two videos any help is appreciated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3hmwLaipqM ps dont read the comment that guy (cherry le) has annoyed me so much.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSBq3PlB_mA

Lucky Chloe troll
Mingriah
Make TZ Great Again
PSN: mingriah
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
a correction in the comments section of that 2nd vid: kevin's xbl account is thatshotfeild, not thatshotfire. not that kev is hard to find lol
Signature Please; call me FreeChaolan

Apparently Eliza's not in TTT2 because drunk Japanese can go super saiyan.

that feel when...laggy TV
x MAD AXES x
Anna=washing machine
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Double post plz delete.
x MAD AXES x
Anna=washing machine
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mingriah
a correction in the comments section of that 2nd vid: kevin's xbl account is thatshotfeild, not thatshotfire. not that kev is hard to find lol
Thanks updated it
Great_Dark_Hero
Lone Wolf
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by x MAD AXES x
Just uploaded these two videos any help is appreciated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3hmwLaipqM ps dont read the comment that guy (cherry le) has annoyed me so much.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSBq3PlB_mA

These are amazing! Thank you MAD AXES. During a ranbat series this last weekend in Kaiserslautern, I fought a moderately good King and Lee player. d,df1~4,1 has never been so trustworthy for me - a good way of getting counter hits, especially against hop kicks (though, it does hit high).

I don't think I ever made use of the d,df+2 launcher seriously even offline...! It might be a good idea if I started to now -
you made it clear towards beginning of the Mishima video that it is trustworthy and it seems a bit hard to react to. Tag bufferable as well for some good red life damage. Also, you made use of 1+2,4,bf+1+2 as a wall combo.
I often made use of df+423 or df+42bf1 as a wall combo. 1+2,4bf+1+2 is probably one of the more damaging options.
That DJ/Kaz player was annoyingly powerful... I like how you predicted a wake up low kick from Devil Jin towards the middle of the match when he was cornered - very well done! Also, another thing you did that was pure genius was... 3:06, where you did b+2(hold back) to switch places and wall splat him with 1+2 - that ended the match right there!! LOL Sweet.
03:44 - My point about d,df+1~4,1... very nice. You got a counter hit and now you're on the advantage.
I like how you started getting slightly aggressive towards the end. Devil Jin was nearly out of health...!
(I typing this as I watch these two. Putting these on my favorites asap XD)

Next video.
Damn! You got like... 4 counter hits in a row and finished the first round quickly. That's something I would have done. The timing of that was just spectacular! Apparently, the Wind Roll mix-ups tend to scare people a lot... kind of a consecutive wave dash would because of the mix ups that do follow after the fact. If the opponent is floored I usually resort to going for d+3 or d+1+2 for oki, but ff+1 is a really good way of catching back rollers.
I learned a lot from your vids so far! I'll use these as a reference to get better and show some results! Thank you so much!
Hades Drops
Dragon Lord
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
what is the use of uf+4?
x MAD AXES x
Anna=washing machine
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
@ Hades drops It's safe and you can bait jabber like this uf+4 duck opponent 1,2 then you can launch only works once though. I think it's around +5 on hit.

@Great_Dark_Hero Thanks Yeah d,df+1,4,1 is great when the opponent ducks then tried to attack this beats them for ch, but you have to train your opponent for it (was surprised it didn't hit and thats why I didn't attempt the juggle) The changs qcf+2 is safe (-8) watch out though as it is a high so duckable. 1+2,4,b,f+1+2 is the strongest wall ender solo they have, you san ssl 1 or ssl f+1 to get a jab in after b+1
e.g Changs d+1+2 W! b+1 ssl 1 (f+1 with Michelle) 1+2,4,b,f+1+2. The 2~b 1+2 was a punish don't know if it was the max damage if someone knows please tell us. on the second video there was only 1 ch there is a trick with 4~2,1 where if the punch misses but the kick hits the 1 is guaranteed. I don't think d+1+2 hits grounded but the max damage Michelle can get grounded is ff+2 and with Jaycee it's d+2+3. No problem i'm here to help anyone if they need it.

Lucky Chloe troll
Baransu
Shihan
PSN: baransu__
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Based off how you play and how ThatsHot or "Kevin" plays you seem to be a bit more patient than him. He is surely more aggressive than you but its nice to see that i dont HAVE to be aggressive with the changs to win. I guess i will record myself fighting some people and ill post em because I would love to have some advice. hehe.

currently at Brawler rank for both changs.
Signature Someone has to lose....
x MAD AXES x
Anna=washing machine
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm just patient because I use characters like Xiaoyu and Alisa yeah but it does work, I like to control the space around 4~(2),1 if I can and see how the opponent is reacting. If you upload some videos I'll happily help.

Lucky Chloe troll
Great_Dark_Hero
Lone Wolf
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Here is some more game play off of Michelle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En_93iXjp5s

Please forgive me if I sound a bit salty. Also... From watching this video, I really need to start HCing d,df+12, using ff1 more often, and making use of some more frame traps. Whiffing stuff like crazy... and not KBDing for some reason!
I mean... I know Michelle is plus frames on WS21 and b4... but both of those moves are high hitting. It seems like you would have to take rather... huge risks when fighting against a more intermediate player (the player in the video was competent but not enough to know what to do against Michelle...)
BTW Using f+3+4 on wake up on mid range opponent is basically a sign that says, "Please take off half of my health" ... It's kind of like using a Shoryuken DX
x MAD AXES x
Anna=washing machine
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Pauls shoulder barge (d+1+2) is hopkick punishable

I would stop doing get up f+3+4 as it is highly punishable and if it whiffs you're in even bigger trouble

Start ch hcing 4~2,1 as if you are just throwing it out you'll get launched as it's -16

You talk about using db+1 to crush highs use qcf+2 it is much better

Careful using ws+2,1 as it is m h non jailing if you want a mid ws move use ws+3 it's safe and on hit you get a free ff+2 or you can get a juggle but thats hard so I would advise doing the juggle in matches

You use df+4,2,3 as a wall ender 1+2,4,b,f+1+2 or if you B! then wallcarry and the wall splat is low do df+4,2,b,f+1+2 delaying the last hit for the 60% dmg instead of 40 or less % dmg

Eddy's b+1,4 you can actually ssr after the b+1 and the 4 will whiff but you have to have spot on timing

After a balcony break the max dmg Michelle gets is df+1 then ff+2

Btw you deserved that win and if anyone wasn't playing fair it was him.

Lucky Chloe troll
Great_Dark_Hero
Lone Wolf
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by x MAD AXES x
Pauls shoulder barge (d+1+2) is hopkick punishable

I would stop doing get up f+3+4 as it is highly punishable and if it whiffs you're in even bigger trouble

Start ch hcing 4~2,1 as if you are just throwing it out you'll get launched as it's -16

You talk about using db+1 to crush highs use qcf+2 it is much better

Careful using ws+2,1 as it is m h non jailing if you want a mid ws move use ws+3 it's safe and on hit you get a free ff+2 or you can get a juggle but thats hard so I would advise doing the juggle in matches

You use df+4,2,3 as a wall ender 1+2,4,b,f+1+2 or if you B! then wallcarry and the wall splat is low do df+4,2,b,f+1+2 delaying the last hit for the 60% dmg instead of 40 or less % dmg

Eddy's b+1,4 you can actually ssr after the b+1 and the 4 will whiff but you have to have spot on timing

After a balcony break the max dmg Michelle gets is df+1 then ff+2

Btw you deserved that win and if anyone wasn't playing fair it was him.

That's perfect - a lot of Paul players (online) tend to resort to that when the get ready to start the match. Speaking of which, during an offline casual session with a friend, I find that Michelle's d1+2 works pretty well on block against moves with high push back... That's just interesting.
Thanks for your help again - moving along...
I keep underestimating 1+24bf1+2 and qcf+2 for some weird - I know that 1+2 by itself causes a bound/bind state but that's apparently not the case when the opponent is already bound and if they are towards the wall. As for qcf+2... I noticed that I almost never use that either and I should really be ashamed... really. Against another Kazuya/Zafina player, I actually did qcf+2 twice but I didn't do anything about it because I wasn't thinking at the time (or I was trying to for something else).
Balcony break... I don't think I ever really did a good job maximizing damage from those either, unless I have not bounded the opponent yet.
Thank you for your time! There will be more videos to come for the sake of progression! Happy Easter to you! Lots of TTT2 work to be done...
Great_Dark_Hero
Lone Wolf
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Here is a video I put together... none of these matches are recent (these mainly span back to early to mid February), but there are definitely a few mistakes here and there, especially sense all of these matches in video are online based. I did put annotations on to highlight a few of them. I'm going to warn you guys... it gets kind of depressing to watch at some points in the video.
Here is the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-sNWJ6vyeU

Please feel free to criticize, point out frame data/match up information, and highlight better options... Because, my Michelle from back then is... kind of... retarded. If I were to fight myself back then, my former self would not even have a chance. That's point I at now with this.

Last edited by Great_Dark_Hero on Apr 23rd, 2013 at 15:03