How do you do ta jump over resets?

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
grumpy64
War Lord
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Not sure if that's the correct name. i saw a vid of a guy on fb doing it with feng and jinpachi. Basically what he did was he started the combo with Feng then did a ta with jinpa and jumped over them with feng while jinpa was still on the screen. Is this something that is unique to those 2 characters because i tried it with ogre and bob and it would not work. If you jump while bob is still on the screen you just jump in place and if you wait for him to leave well it's to late.
grumpy64
War Lord
grumpy64
War Lord
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
ok even after watching the vid again i still can't it to work. As soon as i hit 1 control goes back to my point character and thus i can't do jinpa's unblockable
Jason4579
Dragon Lord
XBL: Jason4579
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
You might want to try checking the description next time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCcH6n_Zoz4&sns=em
Signature [Jun] +

Your = Possessive. As in 'your grammar sucks'
You're = You are. As in 'you're an idiot for not knowing the difference'
grumpy64
War Lord
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Jason4579

Actually i did. It says to ssl with jinpa and hit them with a standing lp. Then activate his unblockable. At this point jump over them with your other character. The problem i'm having is as soon as i do ssl and hit lp control goes back to the other character making it impossible to activate the unblockable. So my basic question is how do i get jinpa to keep control after he does the ssl lp?
grumpy64
War Lord
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Jason4579

That's not even the same vid that i posted. The principal looks to be the same though. It's a jf tactic so after the standing lp where is the frame to activate the unblockable?
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
It's hard to do and I've figured out that having a similar button option as the attack chosen makes it much easier (for instance WB!/TA!, 1, 1+2, Dragunov 1+2,4 is really easy to do). Doing the timing as "Off" did is more difficult as you can't mash the command out. Instead he uses a buffer technique of 1~3[hold]~f+2 to time the glitch. The trick is you need to do the second attack immediately before the TA! ends and have the confidence and execution that the UB! will occur.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
grumpy64
War Lord
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tyler2k
It's hard to do and I've figured out that having a similar button option as the attack chosen makes it much easier (for instance WB!/TA!, 1, 1+2, Dragunov 1+2,4 is really easy to do). Doing the timing as "Off" did is more difficult as you can't mash the command out. Instead he uses a buffer technique of 1~3[hold]~f+2 to time the glitch. The trick is you need to do the second attack immediately before the TA! ends and have the confidence and execution that the UB! will occur.

Ty at least now i understand what needs to be done.
grumpy64
War Lord
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok if i try to do the ta glitch and control goes back to my point character and the ub never comes out i assume that means i transitioned from 1 to f+3+2 to slowly?
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Yes, instead of trying to get the UB! out before the TA! window ends, approach the problem as trying to execute the UB! immediately after the window for inputting 1,2 ends. The best way to do this is practice the timing outside of a real combo, e.g. just keep practicing 1~3[hold]~f+2 such that 1,2 doesn't come out and there is no notable delay between 1 and the UB!. From there you can practice with generic TA! (1+2+5), then from there you can practice with a small combo (e.g. launch, quick hits, TA!), and finally to a real combo.

It's going to be hard, there's no way around it (as it's basically JF) but with practice it's much more consistent.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
grumpy64
War Lord
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok i've got it so that i can get the ub to come out maybe 1 in every 4 tries. The problem is i can never get the jump over. Cause i never have confidence that the ub will come out and when it does my point character is standing there looking pretty. The glitch basically form what i cam see allows you get get an extra move in before the point charter regains control. So i wonder if it opens up any new combo possibilities. Or does it only work with unblockables?
grumpy64
War Lord
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok i'm finding the jump over to be even harder then the actual TA glitch. I can get the TA glitch about 30 percent of the time but feng or what ever point character i'm useing just freezes in place and want move until after the ub executes.
grumpy64
War Lord
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
ok i jut realized 1 mistake i'm making