Sambo Tag Team Assault (team/solo combos)

Page Splits 1...<56789>...15
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
CKeegan
Virtuoso
PSN: I_Am_CKeegan
#121 “Quote” Edit Post
Doing ff+2 instead of deep dash 1,3,2 is a lot better in tag assaults too. It's two less hits, meaning you can do more with your tag partner or with Dragunov, and the damage is better as well.
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#122 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Katt
I don't do any of those anymore though. I always do tag-combos whenever I can. I don't know how to do qcf+2, I do qcf+2~5 automatically. I believe it's a good habit as I believe sacrificing 3-4 dmg for draining recovery health is very much worth it, even if I'm doing a tag-crash anyway. I guess it depends on the partner. I play Lars/Dragunov, and Lars' combos are stronger than Dragunovs, even in tag-assaults.
Same, due to how I've set up my team I want Jinpachi on point as much as possible and only bring out Dragunov with rage/tag crash. So I tag buffer all my launchers (WS+2 and qcf+2 mostly) and have since forgot about the need to deep dash anything, long gone are the days of B!, f,f, 3,1,2.

Originally posted by CKeegan
Doing ff+2 instead of deep dash 1,3,2 is a lot better in tag assaults too. It's two less hits, meaning you can do more with your tag partner or with Dragunov, and the damage is better as well.
Yeah, in almost all situations an immediate f,f+2 is better because there are way more TA! options due to lower hit stun. For instance, non-optimized mind you, I get:

qcf+2, f+2,4, f,f+2, TA!, Jinpachi SS+2,1, Drag f+3~CD 1+2 - 94 dmg
qcf+2, f+2,4, f,f, 1,3,2, TA!, Jinpachi SS+2,1, Drag f,f+3 - 100 dmg

Which does about 6 more points of damage but is much, much harder to perform as you need the initial deep dash as well as forward buffered dash for the f,f+3 to not whiff.

Actually, doing a little bit of testing it looks like
qcf+2, f+2,4, f+3~CDc 4,3, B! is a valid option, not sure the requirements, but it doesn't seem hard. Gotta do more testing on it.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
LAWZ-Mike
Fujin
PSN: LAWZ-Mike
#123 “Quote” Edit Post
strongest qcf+2 combo I found with Drag/pachi

qcf+2, (pachi) df+2,1, df+3,1, TA!, (drag) f+4,4,3 , (Pachi) dash uf+4,3 = 105dmg
Signature OHH SHIT, LAWZ-MIKE!!
CKeegan
Virtuoso
#124 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tyler2k Actually, doing a little bit of testing it looks like
qcf+2, f+2,4, f+3~CDc 4,3, B! is a valid option, not sure the requirements, but it doesn't seem hard. Gotta do more testing on it.

I think it's size specific. With limited testing I got it to work consistently on Lili, so it can work for quite a bit of the cast. I couldn't get it to work at all on smalls like Ling, Wang and Kunimitsu, and the links have to be pretty tight on some characters (Paul and Asuka for example).

Concerning the QCF+2 combo debate, here's the difference it makes for my combos.
Dragunov/Bryan:
QCF+2, f+2,4, ff+2 B! TA! b+2,1,4 ff, 4,4 - 103
QCF+2, f+2,4, ff, 1,3,2 B! TA! b+2,4 ff+3 - 100
QCF+2, f+4,4,3, f+1, ff+2 B! TA! b+2,4 ff+3 - 99
QCF+2, f+2,4, f+3~CDc 4,3 B! TA! b+2,4 ff+3 - 102

All fairly similar but going straight into ff+2 does seem to be the best option.
tyler2k
#125 “Quote” Edit Post
I think it's size specific. With limited testing I got it to work consistently on Lili, so it can work for quite a bit of the cast. I couldn't get it to work at all on smalls like Ling, Wang and Kunimitsu, and the links have to be pretty tight on some characters (Paul and Asuka for example).
Yeah, I can't see it hitting smalls but I was testing on Mishimas, so average size, although I'll definitely admit I haven't put any real work into it.

Originally posted by LAWZ-Mike
strongest qcf+2 combo I found with Drag/pachi

qcf+2, (pachi) df+2,1, df+3,1, TA!, (drag) f+4,4,3 , (Pachi) dash uf+4,3 = 105dmg
Oh wow, qcf+2~5 into full d/f+2,1, that's pretty nice.

Something I'm doing w/ Jinpachi using qcf+2 is

Jinpachi WS+2~5, Dragunov qcf+2~5, Jinpachi d/f+3,1, TA!, Dragunov f+4,4,3, Jinpachi u/b+1,2~FLY 3,4 easy damage and carry
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
CKeegan
Virtuoso
#126 “Quote” Edit Post
A few QCF+2 solo combos for Dragunov; I'm really not sure of the consistency of the first two. It's early days but these are looking fairly optimal:

QCF+2, f+2,4, f+3 CDc 4,3 B! f+3 CDc 4,4 - 93 damage (Does not work on characters who can't be hit by f+3 after f+2,4, I can't tell how consistent this actually is as at the moment I reckon I'm being too slow with the CDc 4,4 to rule any average sized character out or deem the combo inconsistent in general)
QCF+2, f+2,4, f+3 CDc 1, f+3 CDc 4,3 B! f+3~DF WS+1+2 - 93 damage (A lot easier than the first one, works on everyone except characters who can't be hit by f+3 after f+2,4)
QCF+2, f+2,4, ff+2 B! f+3 CDc 1, f+3 CDc d+4,4 - 86 damage (Works on everyone)

I'm gonna test the first two more. I'll also have video examples soon.
EDIT: It seems the more I test the more the first two combos are inconsistent/size specific. It feels like a lot of characters can't get hit by f+3 after f+2,4 or rarely get hit by it.
EDIT2: Video.
Video Example

Last edited by CKeegan on Jan 17th, 2013 at 18:37

Scrapy
1st Dan
#127 “Quote” Edit Post
I've replaced f+2,4 with F+44,3 and now I don't have as much trouble connecting the f+1,3,2 B! move.

qcf or qcb+2, f+44,3, f1,3,2B!, f3,df 1+2 ,
CKeegan
Virtuoso
#128 “Quote” Edit Post
That's cool. It can be pretty tight however seeing as you need to get the f+4,4,3 near perfect, so if you're worried about it not working all the time or just need a quick finish you can do QCF+2, f+4,4,3, f+1, ff+2 B! instead.

Last edited by CKeegan on Jan 17th, 2013 at 19:09

tmd02
YYYEEESSSS!!!
PSN: revolverturles
XBL: FOTTOM
#129 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey again guys, I got some combos with Dragunov and Lars team, I felt limited but I pulled on through lol, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLGIhf-MaHM

P.S. Tyler: I still read your PM to me about Tag 2 but my mind can't comprehend it LOL!
tyler2k
#130 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tmd02
Hey again guys, I got some combos with Dragunov and Lars team, I felt limited but I pulled on through lol, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLGIhf-MaHM

P.S. Tyler: I still read your PM to me about Tag 2 but my mind can't comprehend it LOL!

I don't know how you do it but I swear Lars was purely made to be used in CMVs. The pure amount of "silliness" that character can do is insane. It's also funny how much I've "forgotten" from T6 to TTT2, especially now that f+3 can be used as combo filler.

Don't worry about my PM too much, I never fully developed it and didn't put the time into it to fully understand it BUT I have made a small breakthrough in it, gotta put some time into it before I make a video and I'll probably send you another PM about it in the near future.

Although it looks like you're doing fine with the TA! f+3~CD 1+2 cross-under and TA! (CD+1+2) tech
CKeegan
Virtuoso
#131 “Quote” Edit Post
God that team is insane. The wall carry potential in particular is ridiculous.
Another supreme display tmd!
tmd02
YYYEEESSSS!!!
PSN: revolverturles
XBL: FOTTOM
#132 “Quote” Edit Post
@ Tyler: Lars is ultimately one of the most flamboyant characters in the game and I'm looking forward to your research!

Don't remind me about the CD+1+2 that was absolutely irritating to angle against a reg LOL

@ CKeegan: Thanks a lot man and cheers for the music!
CKeegan
Virtuoso
#133 “Quote” Edit Post
I can't believe I didn't think of this beforehand but you can deep dash jab after f+2,4 so you can get f+3 to work after it. With that in mind I got this to work:

QCF+2, f+2,4, deep dash f+1, f+3 CDc 4,3 B! f+3~DF WS+1+2 - 89 damage
Works on everyone, tested it on Ling so it definitely works on smalls.

I'm also looking into doing f+3 CDc 4,4 after the bound but after testing on Ling I'm pretty sure it doesn't work on smalls at all. I managed the 4,4 on Paul last time (although the combo was shorter) so I'll try him again.

EDIT: After albeit limited testing I don't think the 4,4 ender will work at all here, especially since I can't even get it on Ogre. At least I've managed to get a near 50% combo to work on everyone.
EDIT 2: QCF+2, f+2,4, deep dash f+1, f+3 CDc 4,3 B! ff, 3,1,2 - 90 damage
Exactly 50% and works on everyone

Last edited by CKeegan on Jan 20th, 2013 at 15:33

tyler2k
#134 “Quote” Edit Post
QCF+2, f+2,4, deep dash f+1, f+3 CDc 4,3 B! ff, 3,1,2 - 90 damage

That's exactly what I was talking about, we (Dragunov players) have completely lost the presence of mind to use a lot of difficult techniques from T6. We never deep dash anymore, it's all about the f+3~CDc nowadays (which is arguably still difficult but at the same time less demanding than a perfect deep dash). For instance we can now B!, f+3~CD 1+2 instead of deep dash 3,1,2 for the small cost of 1 damage, which at the same time is wayyyyyyyyyyyy easier to do. I don't know how many of you played 6.0, but deep dashing was super important as the hit box on 3,1,2 left much to be desired. Also f+4,4,3 didn't exist yet, so tricks like 4,1, 1, f,f, 1, deep dash, 2,1,3 were necessary for carry.
CKeegan
Virtuoso
#135 “Quote” Edit Post
I guess this just goes to show that old tactics are still viable and worth learning. The crouch dash buff is of course a dramatic improvement for Dragunov and does make him a lot easier to use but examples like this mean that learning advanced techniques is still a huge benefit and helps to make the most out of him, just like iWS and iWR do for Drag as well.
venzo77
Lone Wolf
#136 “Quote” Edit Post
while messing with lars/drag i found:

lars ws1_ff2~f~SE3~5, drag 132~5, lars ff2~f~SE1, drag 4,4_(f3~cdc) 94/101 dmg
drag CH wr2, iws4, 132~5, lars ff2~f~SE3, drag 4,4_(f3~cdc) 101 dmg
drag CH f(2)4, 43~5, lars ff2~f~SE1, drag f3~cdc~1+2_2 around 95 dmg

really easy to do. Only SE3 for wr2, bc SE1 fuck up the 4,4 ender. For consistency let lars going to his max range on the other side after ff2 or the last hit of 4,4 will miss. I'm using ff2 instead of f3,ws2 to sandwich, weird but it seems it deals more dmg and also its easier to do. any other options?

Edit: after some more testings, turns out that lars ff2 as Ta filler is mainly cool but not that useful, especially in wall stages. ch f24 combo is the only one i would keep.

Last edited by venzo77 on Jan 22nd, 2013 at 15:20

Katt
Berserker
PSN: iMKatt
#137 “Quote” Edit Post
venzo77: I think Drag CH f+(2),4 4,3~5 B! Lars ff+2~f SE1 Drag f+4,4,3 is slightly stronger, but I don't remember the damage exactly, and it might've been Lars ff+2~f SE3.
CKeegan
Virtuoso
#138 “Quote” Edit Post
Thought I'd show these videos I made a while ago, I am also looking into doing a CDc tutorial for Dragunov (I know tyler has already made a video on CDc's, it'd just be an add-on for Dragunov and I would provide a link to tyler's video as well).

More QCF+2 Examples

(These are pretty much just BnBs)
QCF+2, f+2,4, deep dash f+1, f+3 CDc 4,3 B! ff, 3,1,2
QCF+2, f+4,4,3, f+1, f+3 CDc f+1, ff+2 B! f+3~df WS+1+2
QCF+2, f+4,4,3, f+1,3,2 B! ff, 3,1,2

CDc examples

(Only listing the wall carry itself, not the bound and TA)
QCF+2, f+2,4, deep dash f+1, f+3 CDc f+1, f+3 CDc 4,1
QCF+1, f+3 CDc f+1, f+3 CDc f+1, f+3 CDc d+4,4 (relatively inconsistent due to the ender)
ashstampede
7th Dan
PSN: ashstampedeUk
#139 “Quote” Edit Post
I can't believe I didn't think of this beforehand but you can deep dash jab after f+2,4 so you can get f+3 to work after it. With that in mind I got this to work:

Works on everyone, tested it on Ling so it definitely works on smalls.

I'm also looking into doing f+3 CDc 4,4 after the bound but after testing on Ling I'm pretty sure it doesn't work on smalls at all. I managed the 4,4 on Paul last time (although the combo was shorter) so I'll try him again.

EDIT: After albeit limited testing I don't think the 4,4 ender will work at all here, especially since I can't even get it on Ogre. At least I've managed to get a near 50% combo to work on everyone.
EDIT 2: QCF+2, f+2,4, deep dash f+1, f+3 CDc 4,3 B! ff, 3,1,2 - 90 damage

whats deep dashing? i watched the vid above adn its not in the wiki terms, it just looks like a normal dash before f+1 is it just his special step?
venzo77
Lone Wolf
#140 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Katt
venzo77: I think Drag CH f+(2),4 4,3~5 B! Lars ff+2~f SE1 Drag f+4,4,3 is slightly stronger, but I don't remember the damage exactly, and it might've been Lars ff+2~f SE3.

yeah but its good to have f3 cdc for any puropose : ), f3cdc2 is useful too.