Page Splits 1...<1011121314>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
alphapanda
2nd Dan
#221 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Egoflux
@Lazydave aw man that kinda sucks because I like sav stance. Though I was staring to get a sneaking realization that I was doing better when I wasn't transitioning into as much. Are there any good string Miguel has to puts him into his stance without being to negative?

only move i use to get in sav is db3 and df1, df1 mostly, rarely 124. you can mix in df112 or df113 or df11, have opponent expect that, then mix in df1, df1 to sav or df1 to sav. i also mess with 21.
Jordyce
Planet Robobear
PSN: Jordyce
#222 “Quote” Edit Post
SAV 4 is a necessity if you insist on using the stance, you're likely going to get stepped otherwise.
Signature www.twitter.com/jordyce [you know what to do]
Lazy Dave
Arbiter of Fashion
PSN: dale6994
#223 “Quote” Edit Post
df 1,1 is good for going into SAV on hit. df4,1 still not good for SAV mixup on hit so dont bother there.

other reliable on hit transitions include ws1 and SAV df1

on block, maybe uf1?

I was messing around with frames last week and I realised why b1,4 is so telegraphed and useless. That low is +7. Sweet jeebus. Scrub killer here I come.

Last edited by Lazy Dave on Oct 20th, 2012 at 14:53

Signature What's that? You understand the difference between "your" and "you're"? Excuse me while I take my clothes off.
Jordyce
Planet Robobear
#224 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Lazy Dave
df 1,1 is good for going into SAV on hit. df4,1 still not good for SAV mixup on hit so dont bother there.

other reliable on hit transitions include ws1 and SAV df1

on block, maybe uf1?

Aren't d/f+1,1 and d/f+4,1 both +5? Also, u/f+1 was nerfed to be only +3 on block, it's a risky transition and doesn't track at all. b+3 is still damn good on block for SAV, but is even slower, obviously.

Also I believe SAV b+2 is about 23f and parries between 3f and 7f (roughly). It's a pretty small window. 2,1~f on block it catches jabs, I think d/f+1,1 on block does as well. That's -4 and -3 respectively.
Demon_of_Flames
5th Dan
PSN: TyrannicalHatred
#225 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by CKZaibatsu
Hey guys, here's a variation on one of his already more well known combos with Kazuya.
d/f+2,1, d/f+1, SAV u/f+3, d/f+4,1, d+2~5, (Kazuya) Hellsweep +1, (Miguel) f+2+3
93 dmg

I'm still working on some filler stuff for Miguel in Kazuya's combos, but if you're up for Mishima play, Miguel adds all kinds of fun.

Having trouble with this. Seems Miguel does so many hits pre B! that HS>1 whiffs. And whiffs. AND WHIFFS. The sweep connects but the fist whiffs and I can get max damage. I'm having the same problem when I try TAs with Bryan. If I omit SAV u/f+3, I'll get the HS>1 but that's like 73 damage which is a joke.
Signature Tag 2

It's show time.
Jordyce
Planet Robobear
#226 “Quote” Edit Post
d/f+2,1, d/f+1, SAV u/f+3, d/f+4,1, d+2 TA! Kaz HS,1, Mig ff+2,2

Does 95 damage. Works on Ling. I would substitute SAV u/f+3 with SAV d/f+1 for consistencies sake though, it doesn't work too well from d/f+2,1 and on characters of strange size.

And sorry, but HS,1 doesn't whiff. It's really easy to hit. You just do it. Unless you're doing d/f+2,2 B! instead of d+2 B!. Which you shouldn't be doing. If you do launcher and five hits (incl B!), you should be able to get TA Kaz HS,1 Mig ff+2,2 every time.
Syn_SC
Destroyer
#227 “Quote” Edit Post
What does Miguel's 1+2 throw actually do? It doesn't appear to be massive frame advantage so does it wallsplat or something?
Signature Dorya!
dr4g0n
#228 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Syn_SC
What does Miguel's 1+2 throw actually do? It doesn't appear to be massive frame advantage so does it wallsplat or something?

iirc, frame advantage is all it gives. Does damage, and gives some advantage or other (can't remember how much exactly). I basically only use it if the other guy can't break throws.
Signature Requirements for PA: Must tie shoelaces, and give head

FC.df1+2; uf1+2

...CLOSE ENOUGH
Syn_SC
Destroyer
#229 “Quote” Edit Post
Looks cool at least. :/
Signature Dorya!
Demon_of_Flames
5th Dan
PSN: TyrannicalHatred
#230 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Jordyce
d/f+2,1, d/f+1, SAV u/f+3, d/f+4,1, d+2 TA! Kaz HS,1, Mig ff+2,2

Does 95 damage. Works on Ling. I would substitute SAV u/f+3 with SAV d/f+1 for consistencies sake though, it doesn't work too well from d/f+2,1 and on characters of strange size.

And sorry, but HS,1 doesn't whiff. It's really easy to hit. You just do it. Unless you're doing d/f+2,2 B! instead of d+2 B!. Which you shouldn't be doing. If you do launcher and five hits (incl B!), you should be able to get TA Kaz HS,1 Mig ff+2,2 every time.

My timing was off and thats why it was whiffing.
Signature Tag 2

It's show time.
xtrajosh14
4th Dan
#231 “Quote” Edit Post
any idea of mig's synergies?
DirtyMusic
Sage
PSN: AryaJustArya
#232 “Quote” Edit Post
If I want to TA, usually go with is df+1, SAV df+1, df+1, SAV 2 B! into whatever

His regular staple generally has too many hits to make the TA to ender hit.
seishiro41
2nd Dan
#233 “Quote” Edit Post
I know ff3 is horrendously slow any 1 hve any ideas on set ups??
Ancient
4th Dan
PSN: SHADOW-PIERRE
#234 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DirtyMusic
If I want to TA, usually go with is df+1, SAV df+1, df+1, SAV 2 B! into whatever

His regular staple generally has too many hits to make the TA to ender hit.

I would go with df1 , SAV u/f+3 , df1 , SAV 2 B!
His standart one also works with tag fillers like kazuyas hellsweep. (df1 , SAV df1 , 4,1 , SAV 2)
DirtyMusic
Sage
#235 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ancient
I would go with df1 , SAV u/f+3 , df1 , SAV 2 B!
His standart one also works with tag fillers like kazuyas hellsweep. (df1 , SAV df1 , 4,1 , SAV 2)

I find df1, SAV uf+3 though stronger makes his juggles more inconsistent. Would rather keep it tidy with SAV df+1.

Seishiro: Slow and probably the highest hitbox in the game. Even goes over stuff like peekaboo. Use it when the opponent is excessively stepping. I would say it's one of those moves you can just throw out there being a safe tracking taggable launcher, but aforementioned slowness and highness means there's a high chance of you being ch or ducked. Range is misleadingly short too. Certainly no ewgf.
St. George
Lee of Campbelltown
#236 “Quote” Edit Post
d/f+1, SAV u/f+3 is completely consistent. If you are on axis it will always hit, if you are Orr axis it will whiff.
Signature Flushking.
DirtyMusic
Sage
#237 “Quote” Edit Post
Occasionally miss the df+4, 1 afterwards on his standard combo with the SAV uf+3 variation.

If going for TA df+1, SAV 2 to B! might be more consistent, will test it later.
Jordyce
Planet Robobear
#238 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DirtyMusic
Occasionally miss the df+4, 1 afterwards on his standard combo with the SAV uf+3 variation.

Nope, you only miss it if your timing is off. SAV u/f+3 on axis is definitely consistent.

And this df1, SAV u/f+3, df1, SAV 2 B! is a bad idea, unless you have a really long TA partner. You can get four hits, TA!, two hits from partner, and then ff+2,2 with Miguel to finish it no problem.
Higgins
Kyu
#239 “Quote” Edit Post
So outside of combos are the stance moves worth using?
Signature "What could be better than a swan dive into the asphalt"

H.E.D PE
Ancient
4th Dan
PSN: SHADOW-PIERRE
#240 “Quote” Edit Post
Can someone tell me a good strategy against Ling? She is starting to freakin' annoy me with her whole ''I HAVE TO DODGE EVERY MOVE'' stuff.