Sambo Tag Team Assault (team/solo combos)

Page Splits 1...<23456>...15
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
The BASTERDS
6th Dan
#61 “Quote” Edit Post
@ Katt For u/f+1, I think SSL b+21 is better than ws+4.

@tyler I agree. In fact, it's still too early to post character specific, staples, etc .. TTT2 is still new and is updated frequently. But, I have a suggestion. Why don't we conduct surveys to produce legends, shorcuts or codenames for TAs and stuff? Example is Lars' sandwich (f+3 through the character), then we shall name it "sandwich". For Paul, instead of saying qcf+2 all the time, why don't we just put DF for deathfist? I'm not saying that we should use this, but we should be organize more or less.
Signature I cast a deadly shadow.
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#62 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by The BASTERDS
@tyler I agree. In fact, it's still too early to post character specific, staples, etc .. TTT2 is still new and is updated frequently. But, I have a suggestion. Why don't we conduct surveys to produce legends, shorcuts or codenames for TAs and stuff? Example is Lars' sandwich (f+3 through the character), then we shall name it "sandwich". For Paul, instead of saying qcf+2 all the time, why don't we just put DF for deathfist? I'm not saying that we should use this, but we should be organize more or less.

Deathfist is often referred to as DF, evidence by the fact that it's real name isn't even DF

Sandwich notation (and the likes) can get a little tricky because there are a couple of sandwich combos that made it through to Unlimited. If anyone remembers sandwich combos were everywhere and practically every character could get one under proper conditions. So on a character specific page, yeah, saying "sandwich" works because chances are your character only has one or two sandwich options which both end in the same result. Once you get past the character specific pages, then it becomes (for lack of a better phrase) a clusterfuck.

The other problem I foresee is if a combo becomes more optimized and a better option is found, then it might break compatibility with older, less damaging combos. This might not sound like a problem until there's a list of all combos (such as a combo thread) where experienced players will be using newer, optimized combos while a beginner will be using the older, falsely optimized combos and unable to figure out why they're not working. Good players will assume they just need practice and blindly state that the combo, which used to work mind you, still works. It sounds far-fetched but this scenario did happen BR.

But overall I do like the idea of acronyms/short hand, especially for character specific pages.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
Katt
Berserker
PSN: iMKatt
#63 “Quote” Edit Post
The BASTERDS: The ws+4-juggle actually gave 1 more damage than b+2,1. And you don't have to ssl for b+2,1 to hit + followups.

Updating my post as we speak with damage. I love just puzzling around in training mode, I discovered that you can actually use 4,3 as a pretty solid wall-bound if you backdash slightly after a W!-move first. Replacing b+1+2 with 4,3 gives 5 more damage overall in the juggle.

Updated, but I forgot to do some juggles, mainly f+1+2. Bah.

Last edited by Katt on Oct 29th, 2012 at 19:12

The BASTERDS
6th Dan
#64 “Quote” Edit Post
@tyler This will be hard work, no matter what we do. Especially if there will only be few who will contribute. Hmm. What about making 2 different threads? 1st is for proven, tested and staples? 2nd is for future updates, experiments, theories and the likes? I really dunno how to narrow shit down. O_o

@Katt Well, that ws+4 is one badarse son of a b. Didn't know that it's stronger than b+21 in juggles.
Snacks San
2nd Dan
XBL: Snacks San
#65 “Quote” Edit Post
Hello Guys any Drag/Anna combos out there ? I can't seem to find any
TOkansan
Kyu
PSN: TOKansan
#66 “Quote” Edit Post
Lars/Dragunov.
(Lar's U/F 4 Launcher)
U/F,4~5 SSR,QCF 2~5 D/B 2~F SE D/F,1~5 B! F,3~DF CDC 1,2,1 , ISW
101 damage?
U/F,4~5 SSR,QCF 2~5 D/B 2~F SE D/F,1~5 B! (slight delay on filler) B, 4,3 dash 1, ISW
104 Damage?
U/F,4~5 SSR,QCF 2~5 D/B 2~F SE D/F,1~5 B! F,3~DF CDC F 4,4,3 , ISW
103 Damage?
Katt
Berserker
#67 “Quote” Edit Post
Those are pretty strong, TOkansan. Nice finds, I had no idea drag could do qcf+2 after Lars uf+4.

That being said, Dragunov f+1+2 qcf+2~5 Lars db+2 actually hits, but it's really inconsistent or have a pretty hard timing.
The BASTERDS
6th Dan
#68 “Quote” Edit Post
Agreed. I always use b+43 with Drag after u/f+4. Never thought that qcf+2 would hit after that. I thought it would be qcf+1. VERY NICE. Thank you @ TOKansan.
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#69 “Quote” Edit Post
Stylish juggle Drag/Jinpachi: Dra CH (4)4, wr2~5 TA!, Jpa ss21, Dra qcf2, f3~CD1+2 = 103 dmg
Signature s3:
Shinjin
Iron Fist God
#70 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tyler2k
Deathfist is often referred to as DF, evidence by the fact that it's real name isn't even DF

it was deathfist in tekken 2 for wang/paul and heihachi. i think pauls got changed to phoenix smasher in t3 and wangs became slow power punch in TTT, i'm not really sure when they changed heihachis.

either way, when you get deathfisted you know which move hit you .
Signature Bruck him for souf east, blud

look man the move doesnt track sidestep, but if you sidestep it will hit you
steves b+1 isint safe because it only auto guards high and mid, but you can cancel it and block all lows
Jaycees u/f+4,3 is launch punishable on block but if you try to punish it the 1 follow-up will hit you
Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
PSN: Heavenstrider
#71 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Katt
That being said, Dragunov f+1+2 qcf+2~5 Lars db+2 actually hits, but it's really inconsistent or have a pretty hard timing.

YO WORD?

Totally gotta check that out later. >.>
Signature Some days, some nights; some live, some die in the way of the samurai. Some fight, some bleed; sun up to sun down; the sons of a battle-cry.
Katt
Berserker
#72 “Quote” Edit Post
After some testing with it I've concluded that it's all about the timing. You have do do a kinda deep qcf+2 after f+1+2 for it to hit right. I don't doubt it's doable consistently after a lot of practice. It's just a question about timing.

Most likely possible with a lot of other characters as well.

f+1+2 qcf+2~5 Lars db+2,1 fb2,1~5 B! Dragu f+4,4,3 <- The angle after the bound is different from most angles Lars/dragu gets from other juggles, so you have to ssr slightly for f+4,4,3 Lars iSW to hit.
Interestingly, you can't replace fb2,1 with db+2~f SEdf+1 as db+2 will miss, which is really odd as it's usually the other way around. @_@

Last edited by Katt on Nov 10th, 2012 at 10:39

TOkansan
Kyu
PSN: TOKansan
#73 “Quote” Edit Post
@Katt
Thank you!
but i'll be becoming a lab monster for the next week or so!
so stay tuned in for some new lars drag stuff.
Signature "Please, Try harder." *Wesker Voice over*
Katt
Berserker
#74 “Quote” Edit Post
No probs.

Would you perhaps do some testing for better wall-combos? What I'm currently doing is
Drag point: W! *slight backdash* 4,3~5 B! Lars df+3,3 Drag f+2,4
Lars point: W! fb2,1~5 B! Drag f+2,4 Lars f+4,1,2,1

And if you weren't aware, you can do Lars uf+4~5 Drag ssl qcf+2~5 Lars db+2,1 and Lars f+1+2~5 Drag qcf+2~5 Lars db+2,1.
Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
PSN: Heavenstrider
#75 “Quote” Edit Post
Use b2,1,3 or f3~df~u~3,1,2 as Drag's TA at the wall.
You can connect b2, ws1+2 after Lars' df3,3 as well.
Signature Some days, some nights; some live, some die in the way of the samurai. Some fight, some bleed; sun up to sun down; the sons of a battle-cry.
Katt
Berserker
#76 “Quote” Edit Post
Will those actually hit after lars fb2,1? I didn't think they would be stable if he used a 2-hit B!.

Edit: Yeah so I did some testing.

Lars point, W! fb2,1~5 B! Drag f+3 CDc 3,1,2 Lars f+4,1,2,1 is strongest, but not on smalls like Ling as Lars' f+4,1,2,1 won't connect all hits.

Doing b+2,1,3 with Dragunov is very inconsistent might give the opponent a window for a tag crash.

With Drag on point, W! *backdash* 4,3~5 B! Lars 1+2~b f+4,1,2,1 Dragu ws+1+2 seems to be the strongest consistent one so far, also working on Lings. I'm open for further suggestions though.

Last edited by Katt on Nov 13th, 2012 at 01:30

Kneebows
Very Regular Jin
PSN: Honda
XBL: Lude 01
#77 “Quote” Edit Post
Picked up the game a week ago, now playing Drag/Lars. Here's a combo off the gimmicky (f+2)CH4 delayed elbow knee shinanigans

Drag (f+2)CH4, 4,3~5 B! Lars ff+2~SE 3 Drag f+3~df cdc 1, f+3~cd 1+2

Does 98 dmg. It's been like 2 years since I posted a combo on TZ so excuse any mistakes

Last edited by Kneebows on Nov 13th, 2012 at 18:14

Signature "I'll butt-fuck your father with your mother's headless corpse on the front lawn."
Katt
Berserker
#78 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey Kneebows. I see no mistakes. People usually add ~5 after bounds or launchers to indicate tag. Like 4,3~5 B!

I think you can actually end that combo with d+4,4 instead of cd+1+2. d+4,4 does slightly more in total, so I think it will at least break 100.

Last edited by Katt on Nov 13th, 2012 at 14:22

Kneebows
Very Regular Jin
PSN: Honda
XBL: Lude 01
#79 “Quote” Edit Post
I've been trying the f+3, cdc d+4,4 ender on normal sized characters with the combo I posted and the last 4 always whiffs

Also, I don't see it posted, but 1+2,4 can be used as a wall carry in some combos.

Ex. df+2, 4,1, 1, 1+2,4
Signature "I'll butt-fuck your father with your mother's headless corpse on the front lawn."
venzo77
Lone Wolf
#80 “Quote” Edit Post
any drag/law combos?