b+1
df+2
d+4 (second best poke low)
f+1+2 (whiff punishment)
uf+4
ws2 (all versions)
ff+1+2
ss+2

I ran through my memory and picked out the ones I use the most. It's mostly pokes I know. I try to play very defensive, focused on block punishment, whiff punishment and baiting whiffs via frustrating poke patterns to draw people into throwing something out. I also play defensive because defense is my weakest aspect right now so I'm trying to improve it by putting myself in those situations so I'm forced to learn.

I use every move at some point. Even the "useless" ones have a single specific use and I will use them in that situation.

Last edited by Morninglord on Oct 18th, 2012 at 20:56

Signature Zhan: The real enemy is yourself.
Xiaho
Champion
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
df+1
db+4
df+2
b+1
f+1+2
ss+2
ws+2
ff+43
ff+1+2
b+21_3
Morninglord
Synthetic Insanity
PSN: Morninglord
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
b+2,3 and b+2,1 do not belong anywhere on his list of top ten moves guys

top ten moves are moves you use the most often

if you are using highly punishable shit that often you have a gaping hole in your game someone good is going to use to wipe the floor with you

they are situational moves
MachFistsOfFury
1st Dan
PSN: SMokN_aCE518
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
I use b2,3 near the wall to punish whiffs and for the wall splat. As for b2,1, I don't throw out the whole move if b2 doesn't connect.

What do you use in place of these moves?
Morninglord
Synthetic Insanity
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
I use them in the same situations you do. That's what I would call "situational".
Top ten is 10 most important moves in his game. The kind of moves a brand new person can pick up and focus on as a core element of his game before branching out into situational moves.
b+2,3, b+2,1, they're really not that important. You can win without b+2,1, it doesn't do enough damage to care about over his other pokes, it's really linear, short range and it's the same speed as other better pokes that are 100% safe on block. b+2,3 is only important when their back is to the wall and that is only part of his game. Plus in most cases f+2,4 will do just as well. The damage difference is only a few points. Yes I know it's a high, most whiffs it doesn't matter and it's a lot faster. If you can only think of a handful of moves b+2,3 is super important for then it's situational.

If you had a "when their back is to the wall" top ten list b+2,3 it would be up there as a whiff punisher I agree. But so would f+2,4 and if dragon had a say in the list b+3,4, although I'd take uf+4~5 in any situation he uses b+3,4 since it's only slightly slower and I prefer red damage wall combos. But that's just me.

A top ten move is not a move that you can easily win without ever using at all (b+2,1), or that implementing doesn't make a particularly big difference over a different move that does the same job for similar damage (b+2,3).

Don't get me wrong. Sometimes I throw out b+2 empty a lot to mess people up later with the second part of the string when they think b+2 is all I'm going to do. That kind of string mixup is basic stuff you can use it for. But it's not something I do to everyone or all the time. I do it based on the person I'm playing.

Last edited by Morninglord on Oct 21st, 2012 at 03:36

CrimsonPanther
1st Dan
PSN: GnG_Crimson
XBL: GnG Crimson
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
1. uf3
2. db1,3
3. db4
4. WS1
5. WS2D
6. uf4
7. b1+2
8. fff4
9. fd3,3
10. ff3,4

Not in any particular order is based on my style of play, but most of these are probably agreed to be the best.
Morninglord
Synthetic Insanity
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Agreed upon by who? Don't dress up your opinion please. Leave it up to others to decide if they want to agree with you.

df3,3 is -20 btw
TekkenFellow
7th Dan
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
In no particular order.

1,2_2,1
fc df+1+2
uf+4
ws+2(~b_f mixups),(1)
db+1,(3)
f+1+2(wiff punisher)
d+4
df+1
db+4
ff+1+2(ch fishing)

Honorable mentions:

b+1+2
uf+3
fff+3
ff+4,3

Last edited by TekkenFellow on Oct 22nd, 2012 at 15:49

Signature
Practice makes Perfect
CrimsonPanther
1st Dan
PSN: GnG_Crimson
XBL: GnG Crimson
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Morninglord
Agreed upon by who? Don't dress up your opinion please. Leave it up to others to decide if they want to agree with you.

df3,3 is -20 btw

chill bro...i said probably.

and i only said this because alot of these moves are in guides explaining that they're good, or moves that myself and other Lars players use in general. Not really just footsie tools.

I only use df3,3 as a combo ender if I want to gain distance from my opponent. Plus if it's thrown out and blocked, depending on what move they use to try and punish it, a b4 will sometimes land on counter hit. NOT ALL THE TIME I KNOW. I'll usually troll someone if that setup lands.

This is my first Tekken game I'm learning to compete in, I've leveled up since making this list so it would probably change, and change again after that.
Morninglord
Synthetic Insanity
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
I just find that phrase really irritating. It's nothing personal.